Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

lepstadder

click click click click snap zap pop

sounds like a bowl of rice krispies in digital format...

Definitely hard not to notice if you are in silence, really the only downside for me so far(other than the blemishes on the tube)

lepstadder,
Reactions: Vessel

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
just wondering do you need to fire off the screens. i fire off my screens for my vape now. Just an habit
:D

jackstraw62,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
This is the vaporizer I have been waiting for.

As a Vapor enthusiast who exclusively uses water filtration, this unit is exactly what I needed.
Its easy and safe to use-all of the exposed pieces while hot are still safe to touch. I find the unit works with large pieces but really excels with smaller pieces, especially the HydraTube. Bubblers and small tubes work great as well with no noticeable flavor loss. Note that some stemless glass pieces with a gap of less than 7/8th of an inch will require an adapter to mate with the Cloud.

Packaging - Unit is shipped bombproof (double boxed w/bubble wrap) and discrete.

Heat Up Time - Around 5 mins @ 12:00 setting for initial green / Around 10-15 Min's until unit is totally warmed up.

The glass tube glows red as it heats up, once its hits temp it glows green. The Cloud has a built in 60 min shut-off timer and the unit will flash green and red when its getting ready to turn itself off, I tend to click it off and on every so often to reset the timer. There is a noticeable clicking when the unit is heating up, to me it sounds kind of like crickets but I dont notice it unless its silent.

Hydratube - The Vertigo Hydratube is a classy tube, I wasnt sold on this unit until I held it. The ten reinforced trees, and the Vertigo script label are really sharp. It hits like a mini hurricane with no splash back, the tube is thick and heavy with no noticeable flaws, the tube weighs in at 11.5 oz.empty.

Taste/Performance - The taste is incredible, without any whips or wands coloring the flavor you can really taste the herb. The ELBs really vape the herb evenly and thoroughly, I think the efficiency of this unit is going to be superb which I really wasnt expecting. The performance of the unit is excellent, once this unit is heated up it is a BEAST at vapor extraction I can hit a ELB as long and as hard as I wish and the unit will keep up. It also adjusts quickly to increases in temps (from the 1:00 position to to max heat in 19 seconds).

Ease Of Use - The Easy load bowls are an outstanding innovation, anyone who has had a wand screen flip or has had difficulty installing wand screens is going to love the simplicity of these lil guys, just pop the lid, load er up, replace the lid, drop it in and go.

The cloud itself is very easy to handle, the outside enclosure is comfortably warm and easy to grip. The unit balances nicely when mated upright with stemless glass pieces, the added weight of the cloud doesnt tip them.

The Cloud is an outstanding product that is worth the wait. It truly is a pleasure to use this unit and I look forward to using it for a long time. The VapeXhale team really did a outstanding job.

:peace:

h6EqYl.jpg

EonBlue,

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance
Oh you lucky bastard.... (Checks email for the 73rd time today to see if there's one from SM55) :lol:

Sigh, no love notes from the VXL boys. OK, back to trying to distract myself...

Stonebreaker6,

vape4life

Banned for life
Around 10-15 mins until it's fully warmed up? I was under the impression that after about 5 mins. (as per VXL and user reviews inc. yours) the light goes green and it is ready to vape and "fully warmed up". What happens at 10-15 mins? More thicker extraction? IMO that would mean a warmup time up 10-15, not 5 as stated.

vape4life,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
In my experience the unit is ready to use once the light goes green, but once the surrounding enclosure comes up in temperature the hits are thicker. Its about 12 mins for my unit at the noon position.

EonBlue,

Ville23

JDSupreme said:
Down the road I would love Love LOVE a HT with a matrix perc. I would just about shit a frisbee if i heard Mobius was doing a line of HT's :)
Agreed...That would be amazing!
My sweet little Nano Matrix is patiently waiting (unlike me) to be introduced to the lovely Cloud :)

I can't wait to see what kind of different HT's will be created...It's gonna be a fun ride!
Congrats to all that have their nice new toy, you're making us very envious!

Great review EonBlue...Thanks!
Do you use a pretty fine grind?

Ville23,

vape4life

Banned for life
EonBlue said:
In my experience the unit is ready to use once the light goes green, but once the surrounding enclosure comes up in temperature the hits are thicker. Its about 12 mins for my unit at the noon position.

ok, so it's basically like the EQ... you CAN have available vapour at 5 mins but like you said thicker fuller hits after 10-15 mins when it's fully warmed. word.

vape4life,

Giant Robot

Interesting, I haven't had the constitution :D to last 10-15 minutes so I can't say one way or the other, but given the "London Fog" exhale of my first monster rip, I couldn't imagine that it could be any better after the first green light. Seriously, I wouldn't have been surprised to see Big Ben or Westminster Abbey through that initial thick vapor cloud! ...in fact, given the after effects, I just might have!! :p

Giant Robot

P.S. So, I'm using a 2pc Space Case and trying not to overgrind, but if there's a better recommendation, I'd love to hear about it. Also, any best practices for emptying the spent ELB?

Giant Robot,

vape4life

Banned for life
Giant Robot said:
P.S. So, I'm using a 2pc Space Case and trying not to overgrind, but if there's a better recommendation, I'd love to hear about it. Also, any best practices for emptying the spent ELB?

How can you overgrind? How do you know and what kind of negative implication does it have? i use a coffee grinder now after much too much frustration with grinder maintenance and i wonder if i'm over grinding. But i find that the finer the grind, the better the results. you can even get kief like powder with the coffee grinder if you should choose.

vape4life,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
vape4life said:
EonBlue said:

ok, so it's basically like the EQ... you CAN have available vapour at 5 mins but like you said thicker fuller hits after 10-15 mins when it's fully warmed. word.

VHW, LSV, PD and others are the same in you can produce vapor earlier then hitting ideal temp. IMO the VHW needs warm up for an hour for best results.

IAmKrazy2,

Ville23

But if you grind super-fine wont the ELB's get clogged pretty quickly?
Even the manual talks about a herb "shredder" so I assume the finer the better?
Maybe not quite MFLB fine though ;)

Just curious how much better the HT's are with a little ice?

Ville23,

Bungles

Vapeaholic
Wow I am SO anxious to get my cloud. I found my original pre-order email from august of 2010!! man that seems like so long ago haha look at this awesome product that is finally going to be available.

I for one cannot wait to put my volcano away and let it collect some dust :)

p.s
this is not my first account on these forums i just cannot remember my old username/pw so... oh well !

Modnote: Having more than one account is against the forum rules. This member has been contacted.

Bungles,

vape4life

Banned for life
@Iamkrazy:

I understand that (although had no idea about the vhw optimal taking an hour), however I thought the cloud was supposed to have this super solid stable heating where it gets to temp, stays there, and doesn't drop unless it's being murdered. An earlier review indicated with 2 people using it that it did drop temp alot. But that's 2 people, so whatever. A 10-15 optimal isn't a big deal, just was surprising that's all.

@Ville23:

super fine grind clogging the ELB's would be no different than kief...my experience has been that the finer the better, but doesn't have to be a powder. that's why i'm not familiar with "over grinding "

vape4life,

weedemon

enthusiast
With the SSV i crank it up to max temp and then after 5 min dial it down to the temp i really want and go at it.

is this idea sound with the cloud? crank it up to max to get it hotter faster? do i risk damaging the unit by doing that? will it heat up any faster by doing this? VXL crew?

weedemon,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Today was cool and cloudy thanks to a monkey, a robot, a nerd, and some other fuckers (of combustion). :cool:

The Cloud seems to have a manual and automatic means of heat distribution control .

For instance, the change in air-pressure when the hole on the bottom of the cloud (where the air enters) is obstructed seems to cause the hot air to transfer more heat to the herbs enabling one to achieve pop-and-drop perfection. :drool:

This allows expert vaporists to set the unit slightly low and kick it into manual by altering the amount the hole is obstructed to boost the heat transfer when beneficial (while still allowing novice vaporists to simply set the dial at noon and go at it).

Kudos VX! :tup:

Who else has put their fingers in their holes? <---No dirty replies... :brow:

Progress,

vape4life

Banned for life
what do you mean? like restrict the airflow with your hands? What does it do? More heat to the herbs for more extraction?

vape4life,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Yes, I mean to restrict the airflow. It seems to create a stronger vacuum which seems to aide the vaporization process.

Progress,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
vape4life said:
@Iamkrazy:

I understand that (although had no idea about the vhw optimal taking an hour), however I thought the cloud was supposed to have this super solid stable heating where it gets to temp, stays there, and doesn't drop unless it's being murdered. An earlier review indicated with 2 people using it that it did drop temp alot. But that's 2 people, so whatever. A 10-15 optimal isn't a big deal, just was surprising that's all.

@Ville23:

super fine grind clogging the ELB's would be no different than kief...my experience has been that the finer the better, but doesn't have to be a powder. that's why i'm not familiar with "over grinding "

All the glass vapes seem to be this way for the most part. They work better when the glass is heated all the way thru. Id have to time ideal temp on the vxc, but its hard to determine really excellen heat retention to slightly more excellent heat retension. Thi thing hits and hits well as soon as you see the green light. Id guess after another two to three minutes, it'd already be there. Extreme, vhw, lsv, solo, volcano and countless other vapes have the same thing. I think you'd be about there in 8 to 10min max in the vxc. If you hit it earliar, it is still going to be awesome.

IAmKrazy2,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
IAmKrazy2 said:
I think you'd be about there in 8 to 10min max in the vxc. If you hit it earliar, it is still going to be awesome.

This is super! Sometimes I need to vape in a (relative) hurry. This is why I'm looking forward to the low warm-up time and the fact that it appears I won't need to stir. And the design is conducive to my need for discretion while still offering an unparalleled moisturized vaporizing experience. Any additional comments on warm-up time and ELB efficiency are anticipated. :p

Keep the feedback coming all you current owners! It's surely going to benefit me when it's my turn to order (and don't call me Shirley :brow:).

Vapinghole,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Ville23 said:

I take "shredded" to be more coarse, not fine like a coffee grinder. The manual says you can "break up your herbs by hand", which also implies more coarse than fine. Given the air turbulence the Cloud creates in the ELB and how a really fine grind can pack in and restrict flow, I take all that to mean that a medium-to-coarse grind is best. There are other comments about this on this and the previous thread.

oldiebutgoodie,

LiquidDreams

VapeHead
oldiebutgoodie said:
Ville23 said:

I take "shredded" to be more coarse, not fine like a coffee grinder. The manual says you can "break up your herbs by hand", which also implies more coarse than fine. Given the air turbulence the Cloud creates in the ELB and how a really fine grind can pack in and restrict flow, I take all that to mean that a medium-to-coarse grind is best. There are other comments about this on this and the previous thread.

Surface area is the name of the game. The finer the grind, the more surface area of the herb is exposed to the heat. This is why it's best to have a fine grind. Of course "you can" use coarser grinds, but it will not be as good. You don't need to worry about clogging unless you are compressing the herb down VERY tightly in the bowl.

It's the same concept with kief. You will get much better results with powder like kief, as opposed to compressed chunks.

LiquidDreams,

dirtpie

I'm really excited to see some reviews of it paired up with other people's glass. I know I'm dying to try it with my Swiss percs, Mad Rob recycler, Pakoh bub, and Luke Wilson bub. Then I can start to try it with the other pieces.

Has any one tried the VXC with a two foot piece? I have a couple that are that height that I'm hoping the VXC will cloud up!

dirtpie,
Top Bottom