Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
jackstraw62 said:
hereatlast said:
Cloud Review (repost):

Some more thoughts:

Heat-up: I clocked just over five minutes and thirty seconds from cold (red) to ready (green) at noon position ("roughly 400F/204C"). That was a sample set of one measurement.
i hope it will go lower than that I like to vape at 325f . idk where the temp sensor but it should be fairly accurate. thc vaporizes at 301f and boils at 317 i go for 325 for a little bit of cbd to make the high last longer there is no way i want to go over 365f at any time . my :2c:

I discussed temp settings with SM at some length because, aside from preference, higher temps are a problem for me and I had noticed that the default noon setting had been changed to 400F. Ordinarily on my Q I use ~355F with bag or ~345F with whip. My understanding is that the noon 400F default was arrived at based on user feedback; that temp deliver a massive cloud and broad-range effects. At 10 o'clock you're at approx 345F which will deliver a whispier more bluish cloud and corresponding lighter effects. At 325F you're staying in THC territory; from what I was told should be no problem at all. I expect to use 10 o'clock but achieve more CBD effects due to the Cloud's greater efficiency at comparatively lower temp.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Vessel

Greenscreen

Keep your reviews coming guys... great to hear about the cloud living up to the mass expectation and hype its had in the build up... Just can't wait till the day i have that first pull on the hydra tube :p

Greenscreen,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
Anyone who didn't get in on the sg preorders and were hoping to pick up a sg tube later, like myself, we're shit out of luck. Sg will no longer be making any trees for vapexhale. This was confirmed by Brian of vxl just the other day. I'm really bummed about this bc I wanted a sg preorder, and even bought one during the first release. Let's just hope they bring in some more sweet artists to make beautiful, functional tubes (which I'm sure they will)

Mr. Smoke No More,

Letrab

Deep Sea Lurking
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Anyone who didn't get in on the sg preorders and were hoping to pick up a sg tube later, like myself, we're shit out of luck. Sg will no longer be making any trees for vapexhale. This was confirmed by Brian of vxl just the other day. I'm really bummed about this bc I wanted a sg preorder, and even bought one during the first release. Let's just hope they bring in some more sweet artists to make beautiful, functional tubes (which I'm sure they will)

Can I express how little I want the VertigoGlass tube? I don't like anything about it, least of all the bottom 1/4 of it. The flat wide SWG is the only reason I was going in.

Any VapeXhale team members have any word other tubes? I hope so, there's $450 here waiting to meet you!

Letrab,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
cloud will be shipped monday should get by wendsday. even ups can't take more that two days to go from the bay to tahoe. soon i will be in the mountains and in the clouds
:)

jackstraw62,

max

Out to lunch
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Let's just hope they bring in some more sweet artists to make beautiful, functional tubes (which I'm sure they will)
I think people will be surprised at the quality of the in house HT's that will be produced. And since it's a scientific production facility, the connection tolerances will be spot on, every time, without any additional attention needed. I don't think there's any way that 3 artists can keep up with HT demand, not consistently. They have other glass to produce too. The company needs a source that can reliably handle its order demand.

I'm assuming the following info is still accurate. It's certainly the best way to go for a company like this.

From sm's post #979 in the original thread-

"re - new HydraTubes
These are actually made in house by a scientific glass blower I had the pleasure of meeting a few months ago. For those that don't know, glass blowers come in two flavors, art and scientific. The difference is fairly obvious, the art guys make vases, pipes, bongs, sculptures, and scientific guys specialize in making stuff with super tight tolerances like what you would find in a typical laboratory.

A lot of people have sent me emails asking if there were any cheaper alternatives than the Sovereignty, StoneGlassWorks, or Vertigo HydraTubes. VapeXhale has invested funds to extend the capabilities of our scientific blower so that we can produce HydraTubes comparable in quality at a cheaper price.

There have been some additional benefits as well, the glass on glass fittings that the scientific community has access to that hasn't found its way into the art world can be seen by the flush mounted seals. The ones in the pictures are called "dewer seals" and are GonG fittings that were designed to be flush mounted. Because these were designed to be flush mounted, the glass blower doesn't need to reinforce the seal like SGW has done with our beta HydraTubes thus saving time AND money

This will allow us to keep prices down for folks that want a kick ass set up without spending more on high end glass, and this will also give my guys more time to create worked HydraTubes with all the color patterns that people love so much like "fire and ice" "rasta" or whatever the popular color pull of the month is."

And #998 -

"We are estimating that the inhouse HydraTubes will be about 20-30% cheaper than a "name brand" HydraTube. So if a SGW Showerdome is $200, then a VX ShowerDome will be around the $150 range. Glass is one of those funny materials that you just can't automate. Each HydraTube requires a human to shape it, mold it, and conform it until it resembles what we see in the pictures from the previous page. There is just no way of getting around paying labor charges for superior glass.

What we can guarantee is that regardless if it is one of our name brand or inhouse glass pieces, we will be using the highest quality borosilicate and everything is blown in California. We don't outsource our glass or import any cheap Chinese alternatives."

And pics- http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=84828#p84828

max,

Pete Jones

oldiebutgoodie said:
jackstraw62 said:
hereatlast said:
Cloud Review (repost):

Some more thoughts:

Heat-up: I clocked just over five minutes and thirty seconds from cold (red) to ready (green) at noon position ("roughly 400F/204C"). That was a sample set of one measurement.
i hope it will go lower than that I like to vape at 325f . idk where the temp sensor but it should be fairly accurate. thc vaporizes at 301f and boils at 317 i go for 325 for a little bit of cbd to make the high last longer there is no way i want to go over 365f at any time . my :2c:

I discussed temp settings with SM at some length because, aside from preference, higher temps are a problem for me and I had noticed that the default noon setting had been changed to 400F. Ordinarily on my Q I use ~355F with bag or ~345F with whip. My understanding is that the noon 400F default was arrived at based on user feedback; that temp deliver a massive cloud and broad-range effects. At 10 o'clock you're at approx 345F which will deliver a whispier more bluish cloud and corresponding lighter effects. At 325F you're staying in THC territory; from what I was told should be no problem at all. I expect to use 10 o'clock but achieve more CBD effects due to the Cloud's greater efficiency at comparatively lower temp.

Your raise a good point, about which I've been wondering. Because I have Crohn's, I believe that CBDs are my friend. I do want to make sure that I am getting those and was concerned whether the temp at the Noon setting would be hot enough to extract the CBDs. I'd welcome any thoughts about that. (I'm not in a MM state, so I don't have good access to high CBD strains.)

Pete Jones,

max

Out to lunch
Pete Jones said:
Your raise a good point, about which I've been wondering. Because I have Crohn's, I believe that CBDs are my friend. I do want to make sure that I am getting those and was concerned whether the temp at the Noon setting would be hot enough to extract the CBDs. I'd welcome any thoughts about that. (I'm not in a MM state, so I don't have good access to high CBD strains.)
As with any variable temp vape, it's always best to find the vapor range, starting low and finding the point where effetive vapor is produced, then finding the high end. The 12 o'clock position on any vape isn't going to suit every vaporist.

max,
Letrab said:
Mr. Smoke No More said:

Can I express how little I want the VertigoGlass tube? I don't like anything about it, least of all the bottom 1/4 of it. The flat wide SWG is the only reason I was going in.

Any VapeXhale team members have any word other tubes? I hope so, there's $450 here waiting to meet you!

Mr. Smoke No More was referring to the Sovereignty HydraTube with gridded trees, not the Vertigo tube. I also preordered an SG HydraTube but I guess I'm not getting one either. I'm not a fan of the Vertigo tube either because of the protruding GonG joint, but I would gladly take it if that was the only one available. I really hope Steve from SG isn't completely done working with the VX crew, I can already think of some amazing things he could do with these HydraTubes.

nugghuffer,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I prefer to eat my cbd and vape my thc. that is one reason why I wanted the cloud variable temp i like low temps. I have chronic lower back pain. I would try eating it if the pain is intense my :2c: :peace:

jackstraw62,

lwien

God, I'd love to have one of these but I'll never be able to afford one so I'll just live vicariously through you guys who have one, if that's ok, so keep posting up those reviews.

So glad to see this puppy finally take off. The guys behind it are first class..........all the way.

lwien,

Giant Robot

To Letrab and WhiteRyno, I too had mixed feelings about the Vertigo prior to receiving it as I had been concerned about the external GoG joint. However, in practice, I could not be happier and the stability of the glass is TRULY a non issue. It's extremely stable when attached, and doesn't feel the least bit precarious. I think I was most impressed with the thickness of the glass, as I had expected something much thinner gauge and thus, much more fragile.

Besides, at the end of the day, in practice, the Vertigo tree is beautiful to look at (I've already had a bunch of oohs and aahs from my surprised friends), and absolutely lethal in it's combination of elegance and function.

I can't imagine you being unhappy with it once you have experienced it in person.

Best,

Giant Robot

Giant Robot,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Giant robot,
what do you do with the vertigo when it's not attached to the cloud?

I pre-ordered (very late on though :( ) the SGW 1/2 because I don't really need another tree perc'd piece, an 1/2 because I like the look of the recessed joint, and that it seems that it would sit on a tabletop far with far more stability than the vertigo which would just be sitting on the female joint.

Frederick McGuire,

Nycdeisel

I just want to shout- "Finally!"

I know I will be getting an email soon enouhg about my preorder, not sure what I will actually do. Guess ill cross that bridge when i come to it. Its nice to see this new thread, and its already moving quick

Nycdeisel,

sunsett70

@max, i completely missed sm's #979 post, thanks!

that's good news, cause i didnt want to miss out on the sgw style hydratube either. and giant robot has just put my fears to rest abt the hydratree's protruding joint. ta!

sunsett70,

Giant Robot

Frederick McGuire said:
Giant robot,
what do you do with the vertigo when it's not attached to the cloud?

I pre-ordered (very late on though :( ) the SGW 1/2 because I don't really need another tree perc'd piece, an 1/2 because I like the look of the recessed joint, and that it seems that it would sit on a tabletop far with far more stability than the vertigo which would just be sitting on the female joint.

While it's in active use, the Vertigo would just rest on the VXC, no different than if the joint was recessed and I don't believe it would be any less stable while resting there. When done with my session, quite simply, I just clean/rinse it and then roll the tube back up in the bubble wrap that it came packed in. Until I can find a more elegant solution, I'm just storing the parts back in the well protected shipping box.

Cheers,

Giant Robot

Giant Robot,

lepstadder

The only thing i can see being an issue is if you slam it into something, it will probably take less force to bust off or chip than it would to just shatter the showerdome with its recessed joint

But that being said you would really need an oops moment for that anyway and lets just cross our finger AND knock on wood regarding that one...

I really love the look of the vertigo, it does have a few imperfection in the glass, like bubbles and lines at the top of the trees but that probly wouldnt have been an issue with a SG, didnt think it would be with Vertigo either but...

It hits great, I love trying all the different flavors I have been hoarding for this very occasion (strawberry haze, strawberry lemonade, blackberry kush, chocolope kush, durbin poison, jack herer, green crack, mazar, sour diesel, sour jack, jacks cleaner etc etc etc!!!!

wish i had a decent camera to show you macros and videos, sorry guys, back to the medication station:cool::ninja:

lepstadder,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
That's real shitty to hear about the marked up vertigo hydratube lepstadder. I bought a vertigo showerhead bub off ALT a few months ago and had the same problem, I'm super anal about that shit so I had to return it. Needless to say, even seeing so many sweet pieces he's done, I doubt ill be getting a vertigo tube again due to his lack of qq :2c:

Mr. Smoke No More,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Down the road I would love Love LOVE a HT with a matrix perc. I would just about shit a frisbee if i heard Mobius was doing a line of HT's :)

JDSupreme,

rhygin

OneVapeToBindAllCombustion
Hi, got my confirmation Mail and registered. But the only shipping method offered is Express which costs 147USD to Germany.
After waiting for two years i dont mind waiting a Little longer :-)
Isnt there a slower but cheaper shipping method?

rhygin,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
JDSupreme said:
Down the road I would love Love LOVE a HT with a matrix perc. I would just about shit a frisbee if i heard Mobius was doing a line of HT's :)

He's coming out with a new perc soon from what I hear as well (working on it as we speak)! I really hope they can get some mobius action going :D I love my stereo matrix. would love a mobius HT!

MarcellusWiley,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Hey Everyone-
Words alone cannot express how much I really love this thing!!! :p As some of you know, I have a pretty crazy glass collection, so it will be awhile before I post up any kind of a formal review. Watch the space I reserved above, it will include links to pics as well as vids! :ninja: Let me just say that so far I have been totally blown away, and I hope many more of you get to experience this vaporizer; as well as the tremendous customer service Team VXC provides!!

Cheers everyone!!
:peace:

Top Bottom