Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

lreindl

Pacific NW
Hey guys, considering picking up a Sovereignty frosted recycler. It's 18mm, but it seems as if the rig won't fit the Cloud.

img_1370028731625-single.jpg

Is there a low-profile adapter that I can buy that's 18mm that will fit the Cloud?

lreindl,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation

Budzman

Rocky Mountain High!
I recently got a cloud buddy and it fixes the loose connection my cloud had with the ion. now it's perfectly tight and I am getting thicker vapor. it's easier to clear with this and the cloud/cloudbuddy/ion combo is sturdy enough to hold with one hand.
Sticks, I'm glad the Cloud Buddy has improved the loose fit you've experienced but I don't quite understand how that can be.

Assuming (ass-u-me :D) the 18mm female joint on the "Buddy" is a standard 19/26 joint same as the 18mm female joint on the Ion, then why wouldn't the "Buddy" also be a loose fit and wobble on the 19/22 male joint on the Cloud's bamboo same as the Ion does?

I guess I'm going to have to purchase a Cloud Buddy for myself to find out!

Upon further examination I'm finding that the only point of contact between the working end of the bamboo (the male joint) and the female end of my glass pieces is at the larger (18mm) end of the male taper. The small end of the male taper of the bamboo is not touching anything when inserted into my glass pieces, hence the wobble. What I hate about this (besides the leakage) is that the stresses seen in a single point of contact (the circumference of the large end of the male joint) is much worse at that single point of contact than if the stresses were distributed evenly along the entire length of the tapered joint like it should be.

Here's a quick drawing I made to illustrate the problem:

CloudSchematic_zpsa1d84f52.jpg~original

The slight wobble is intentional and shouldn't affect the seal at the bottom. I read that you had plugged the bottom and that there was still air leakage so there is definitely a problem with your unit. In regards to your drawing, you are absolutely correct. We use a male 19/22 joint and the female joints in the HydraTubes are 19/26 joints. The first number is the diameter of the male joint (same) the second number depicts the length of the grind (22mm versus 26mm). We did this on purpose to avoid joint lock but again, in your situation, it looks like a poorly made male ground glass joint.

We are currently awaiting more glass and happy to replace your unit when we have the parts in stock. I apologize for any hassles this may have caused you.

Budzman,
Reactions: mvapes

Techn!d0n

Question's... Is this thing really the REAL DEAL? In terms of flavor and quality of vapor?

I know this might seem dumb that I am asking this question with how large the thread for this vape (is almost as large as the solo). But I am used to vaping with the SVT (heat wand and vriptech) with a large water pipe setup and I noticed the flavor was not there when you have a large air path.

Techn!d0n,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Question's... Is this thing really the REAL DEAL? In terms of flavor and quality of vapor?

I know this might seem dumb that I am asking this question with how large the thread for this vape (is almost as large as the solo). But I am used to vaping with the SVT (heat wand and vriptech) with a large water pipe setup and I noticed the flavor was not there when you have a large air path.

I promise, it's really really real and will really blow you away with such a real flavor that I assure you, will be really, really, really, impressed. For real. :D

stickstones

Vapor concierge
tech...ive found the Ion removes a lot of taste no matter what vape I use.

budzman...I think it has more to do with the Cloud's joint not being long enough to make a tight seal on the Ion. The Cloud ends up resting on top of the Ion instead of sticking out of it. The fit into my HT is tight and flawless. At first I though the joint on the ion was a little too big (because the Cloud fit the HT's so well), but all my other attachments fit perfectly (LSV WPA, E elbow joint, 18mm-14mm reducer). iirc, vxl was making their Cloud joint just a tad different to reduce the possibility of the HT's locking.

stickstones,
Reactions: mvapes

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
She's a little chuggy Bob but in a really nice way. Hard to describe, almost feels more like a slight drag than chug, it pulls real hard. What most don't notice is there is a perc in the base below the Swiss. It's a small 3 hole disc, if your not looking for it you won't see it. Marries real nice with the cloud, keeps a big flavor profile. :tup:

dirtpie

Loved the new blog entry stonemonkey!! I don't see any reason why running VapeXhale and being the best father you can't be motivational in both directions. In order to provide for your daughter you need a steady job. Having a job you built from scratch and in a subject you're fond of is a very rare thing to achieve. You have the means to achieve happiness that should keep on bringing the smiles.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the best things about the cloudbuddy with the Ion:

1 -- tight seal for thicker hits
2 -- I can see the chamber now and enjoy the whitewall
3 -- the clearing chamber is great. no more lifting the cloud off the Ion to clear it. I didn't realize how awkward this was for friends until using this.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
the best things about the cloudbuddy with the Ion:

1 -- tight seal for thicker hits
2 -- I can see the chamber now and enjoy the whitewall
3 -- the clearing chamber is great. no more lifting the cloud off the Ion to clear it. I didn't realize how awkward this was for friends until using this.

Did you get your bubby from VapeXhale or another vendor?

You're making me want one, :o.

I've thought about placing an O ring for a tighter seal, but afraid that I wouldn't be able to smoothly remove it if needed.

Tweak,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
tweak...got it in a trade. before getting this I was using a cardboard o-ring I cut out of a shoe box insert (very thin...it took two of them) and it helped, so I encourage you to find a seal that works for you (a non-rubber product that won't get sticky in the heat). Honestly, the LSV used to hit thicker than the Cloud on my Ion because of this. Now I'm getting thicker whitewalls with the Cloud and they taste great. I think the problem was a combination of my Cloud and Ion. The Ion still has a little wiggle in it with the cloudbuddy, and the Cloud had more of it, so they both played a role.

My REAL problem is I was just getting out of my vapor-snob-all-I-want-is-my-Cloud/Ion phase and was finally having fun playing around with some mods on other vapes. but now...well, I just packed up my LSV and really don't care about putting the GVG top on my Ion anymore. I fucking love my Cloud/Buddy/Ion! I feel a heavy round of vaporslothdom coming on...

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Gonna fire up my Cloud/Ion/CB combo in about an hour...love it also. Now...what should it be tonight?...

Blue Dream or CheezeQuake? Maybe both together....a very nice blend.:tup:

Shrike,
Top Bottom