Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Your Highness

Cannasseur
Well I finally decided to end my durability experiment with my Cloud. My old ticker has been running non stop for months but its time to give her a rest. The truth is, I really haven't been using the Cloud much lately... call it a "C" break if you will. I will be living in the Clouds vicariously through you guys for a few months... enjoy my friends!

nowonknows

For those with a cloud plus that has failed, what symptoms are your units showing?

I ask as I heard someone had a unit fail and was able to get it going again, maybe some of you will be able to use your clouds sooner than the 3 months quoted.

nowonknows,

ScientifiK

Lifted Gamer
For those with a cloud plus that has failed, what symptoms are your units showing?

I ask as I heard someone had a unit fail and was able to get it going again, maybe some of you will be able to use your clouds sooner than the 3 months quoted.

Good question. I have quite a bit of electronic experience so I have no problems replacing parts (resistors, caps, etc...) and soldering. I might contact VX and see if they think its worth me opening up the unit to inspect for a common failure point. I'd happily fix it myself than wait 3 months (+/-) for them to fix it.

The only noticeable symptoms I perceived was....
1. an extremely hot case when left on for more than 15 minutes. I mean I could barely hold the unit, and forget about letting your hands rest on one of the screws.
2. Exactly like meremoth reported, the first few uses had an awful odor of burnt electronics. If you've worked on electronics its a very distinct smell that accompanies fried parts on a circuit board. The smell did subside with a few uses.
3. My serial # is in the 17XX range, but the auto shutoff did the Christmas lights thing, instead of just turning off, which I thought was a characteristic of the older (non +) Clouds.
4. The craftsmanship was less than perfect (gaps where the metal meets, bamboo could use better cuts), but I can't lie, after a the initial odor wore off, this thing was pretty damn amazing. So good that my Pax and my VaporX XRT (my only backups) are woefully inadequate.

Update. I was contacted by the retailer and VX in a timely manner and I'm happy with both of their responses. As reluctant as I am to wait until they can repair/replace my unit (because of my fears of VX going under, they seem like good people with a good product, and with patience they will hopefully get past all of this). I need another plug in unit though, and I don't see anything on the market that currently compares. I was torn between the VXC and the Volcano, so maybe this is the time to take the plunge on the Volcano. My old lady might murder me if I drop another half stack on a vape though. VXC users with Volcano experience, yay or nay? I'm a vaping noob, so I don't want anything that requires skills and technique to use well, hence why I love the VXC.

ScientifiK,

nowonknows

After 15 minutes the outside will get pretty hot, the screws more so. Down the bottom is slightly cooler and easier to hold.
Mine also had a smell at first, but within a week it was gone.

nowonknows,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'll let other actual cloud owners chime in, but IMO, avoid the volcano unless you really want a bag vape.
Even then, there are units that are if not better outright, far better value than a cano.

If you're looking for a bag vape, id at least look into the herbalaire first.

If it doesn't need to do bags, I'd suggest a LSV.
I recall reading a while back that its one of the best "cloud backup" vapes around.
It's my daily driver (no cloud yet) and it hasn't let me down.
LSVs are quite durable (an the design is relatively simple), it shouldn't break down while you wait for your replacement cloud :)

Frederick McGuire,

Darb

So did anybody get an confirmation email after they registered their Clouds warranty?

Darb,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker

What other symptoms are you having? I do NOT have a cloud plus but I been around these parts for a while and would love to offer advice to a fellow cloud owner in need.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I had the opportunity to see and handle a Cloud for the first time at the 2013 Toronto Treating Yourself Expo. Two of them, actually. Because of all the reports on here, I was interested in examining them for misaligned assembly, scratches and nicks, and other quality issues. As far as I could see, the two I examined looked well-made with none of the flaws we've been seeing reported.

The distributor told me that these Clouds were the last of a batch of 100 Cloud+ units. I asked about quality issues and he said they had not seen any. I also asked about failure reports or returned units, and he said they had not had any issues whatsoever. He said that they felt the Cloud was a top-notch excellent unit and their Cloud customers agreed. He was unaware of the story about the problems with the manufacturer. In other words, there are lots of Cloud+ devices out there that are functioning and unblemished.

I'd also like to point out that one of these units had a serial number SN00XX and the other was SN14XX. Since these were recently assembled, this just emphasize what VXL has told us: serial numbers are not consecutive so you can't judge the age of your Cloud by how low your serial number is.

I'll let other actual cloud owners chime in, but IMO, avoid the volcano unless you really want a bag vape.
Even then, there are units that are if not better outright, far better value than a cano.

If you're looking for a bag vape, id at least look into the herbalaire first.

If it doesn't need to do bags, I'd suggest a LSV.
I recall reading a while back that its one of the best "cloud backup" vapes around.
It's my daily driver (no cloud yet) and it hasn't let me down.
LSVs are quite durable (an the design is relatively simple), it shouldn't break down while you wait for your replacement cloud :)

very good reply but I would also like to add the new one I have just seen called the sublimator
https://www.planetvape.ca/sublimator-apollo-adapt-a-bong.html
Seems to give cloud sized hits with just as good efficiency, plus its a domeless nail!! Its a good concept but idk about $500 for a glorified soldering iron.

VapeNStone,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
very good reply but I would also like to add the new one I have just seen called the sublimator
https://www.planetvape.ca/sublimator-apollo-adapt-a-bong.html
Seems to give cloud sized hits with just as good efficiency, plus its a domeless nail!! Its a good concept but idk about $500 for a glorified soldering iron.

I realize you're suggesting an alternative, but if you want to add editorial comment then take it to the Sublimator thread, which I can tell you've never read given your misinformed opinion.

pakalolo,

max

Out to lunch
ScientifiK said:
I was torn between the VXC and the Volcano, so maybe this is the time to take the plunge on the Volcano.
Apples and oranges my friend, other than the price range. I'd agree with Fred's response. I've sucked many a bag and still have a top rate (and quick) bag filler in the discontinued Oracle, but it just doesn't get used. If you enjoy the vaporizing experience you'll end up with a direct draw vape of some kind. The vast majority of us do. And even if you do like the idea of filling bags at times, there are less expensive dual mode options like the herbalAire and Extreme, as well as the pricier upcoming Herbalizer. For direct draw though, all things considered, I don't think there's really anything available to compete with all the Cloud's performance pluses.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
^^^yes, exactly^^^

I've learned that many tend to try and compare the cano wit the cloud and it usually is derived from the price point. Both are expensive pieces of equipment yet they are, like max mentioned very, very different.

They both are great pieces, but IMO, I like the diversity of the cloud. Bags to me, (and don't you fuckers give me trouble) were somewhat a fad. I loved it at first, but I grew kinda tired of it. Great for parties, but as everyone knows here - I ain't fucking sharing my weed!

The Extreme is a great alternative as well, as it's very diverse.

StonedMMA

My ticking cloud is still going strong, purchased in August.

I randomly run my backup cloud (purchased during cannabis cup time, though I had to exchanged the unit due to loose bamboo) So I have no idea where in the time line production it is but it mostly just sits in the closet just in case.

Sinnerman.

Is the cloud worth getting if I mainly use the DBV? I'm looking for something that will get me higher than the DBV and will not combust at higher temperatures.

ty

Sinnerman.,

Sinnerman.

Aight, should I get the regular, the HydraCirc or the HydraTree? Are the Hydra's basically the cloud plus the gongs? Is that why it's around $200 more?

Thx

Sinnerman.,
Reactions: Organibis

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
The perc's depend on your specific preference. If you like circular things that make bubbles than you'll be happiest with the hydracirc. On the other hand, if your into tree's and perhaps those trees were made out of glass with slits that too make bubbles my friend you see where I am going with this.

Quite honestly your new around here and will soon contract a virus known as GAS (glass acquisition syndrome) and eventually you will own numerous hydratubes. And while enjoying the absolute fucking superiority of the cloud, you will look at your bank account in utter disappointment and disgust.

Welcome to FC!

BTW - I have parkinson's disease and in no way did I catch doing pot....

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Aight, should I get the regular, the HydraCirc or the HydraTree? Are the Hydra's basically the cloud plus the gongs? Is that why it's around $200 more?
Thx

Yes, that's why the price is higher. Personally I prefer using the HydraTree 2.0 but I have to admit that i have broken two of them. :doh: Argh! Both times the tube fell over from a standing position when it wasn't on the glass foot and the tree inside the tube broke. The tube was fine. I believe the HydraCirc is less likely to become useless if it falls over... though I am reluctant to test my theory.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Well, I just want to point out that Glasstafarian, maker of the Evolver line of HydraTubes has posted videos of him dropping Evolver HydraTree v1 and Evolver HydraCirc v1 and both performed far better than I expected.

I have the Evolver HydraTree v1 and it's awesome. (I've never dropped it, knock on wood).

Threepwood

Hey there,
Been following this thread for a long time now. I'm interested in purchasing a cloud in the future - perhaps when the guys have found their feet again.
I have a few questions about the cloud which I'm hoping people may be able to answer.
I currently own a MFLB and love it - obviously not as hard hitting as the cloud (although it can get me very high). Was wondering if there is any discernible difference between these two vapes or if the cloud just gets you wrecked quicker? ie - is it a different high / buzz?
I ask because a friend of mine got Da Buddha and swears blind that it gives him the giggles much more than the MFLB.
Any information would be very much appreciated
Cheers

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Was wondering if there is any discernible difference between these two vapes or if the cloud just gets you wrecked quicker?

I don't own an LB, but I think it is safe to say the Cloud can extract more actives and at a much faster rate than the LB. :2c:

If you have any more questions, this thread is a wealth of knowledge. I suggest reading it. :)

Ripbongs420,

dirtpie

Darb, I did receive a confirmation email after registering my VXC. Check your spam folder, that's where I found the email. I must say though it's been over a year since I did that, and I don't know if VX has changed the system at all.

dirtpie,
Reactions: Darb

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey threepwood, welcome to the cloud thread. Personally, I have NEVER been asked about a comparison between the cloud and the LB. It's almost like saying I got this great bicycle that gets me to work everyday but I was thinking of getting a fucking Bugatti Veyron, any difference?

I mean NO disrespect, I am just trying to point out that it's THAT fucking insane of a difference it's almost a silly question. The fucking power cord for the cloud is bigger than the launch box. Getting giggles has nothing to do with the device as that's actually a side effect from combustion. Have I gotten myself that high with a vape before, rarely, but if I did - it was with the cloud.

My friendly suggestion, read the thread. Good luck.

Top Bottom