Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Every few days my PV GonG would get real brown and gunky and would need a nice ISO soak and rinse.

Don't worry, time between cleanings is magnitudes longer with the cloud than it is with the solo. The vapor never really gets into the tube in this case so only the very top of it gets dirty.

CentiZen,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I've never cleaned my bamboo. Then again, I rarely change the water in my Ion, so take it for what its worth.

Doesn't your Ion get that gunky yellow stuff all over the downtube? I've tried bottled water, distilled water, tap water and they all leave that gunk. How do you avoid it?

Sinclue,

SD_haze

I've tried using a DRY q-tip on the top of a HEATED oily bamboo. I still have a serious resin ring though.

SD_haze,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Don't worry, time between cleanings is magnitudes longer with the cloud than it is with the solo. The vapor never really gets into the tube in this case so only the very top of it gets dirty.

I'll have to see it with my own eyes. I suck at picturing things I've never seen and held.

Live-N-Learn,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . Oldiebutgoodie uses PBW, but keeping that ring policed up makes it easier to clean than letting it go . . .

I don't use PBW any longer because, even given as strong as it is, it still takes more time/work than I like once the resin is baked on, and then there is the rinsing required. Now I do pretty much like t-dub, i.e., I don't wait more than a week, I use a q-tip w/iso, and if necessary one of my pcb picks for any ornery bits.

Sinclue

Let us know if you hear anything from vapexhale

I haven't heard back from VapeXhale yet, but spoke at length with Jerrod at EZVapes.com He assured me that it was a Cloud+, they are Authorized Distributors, and as long as they charge MAP (Manufacturers Asking Price) and then apply any discounts the warranty will be valid.

So, a Cloud+ for $359.96 Priority Mail shipped. That's with mouthpiece, not with HydraTubes (although that is an option).

Of course I imagine everybody at both places is gone for the fun weekend by now so you'll have to decide on your own if you want to go for it. Seems to me that if they are an Authorized Distributor and have paid VapeXhale whatever they charge their distributors for the Cloud then it shouldn't matter. Its still a Cloud+ and VapeXhale should stand behind their distributors and honor the warranty. ( :2c: )

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Yeah I definitely took the chance. $359 was enough for me to pull the trigger. I always wanted it to be 350 for just the unit. So for $10 more I get a glass mouthpiece, a cheap 4pc grinder, and a glass jar. Win, Win, and another grinder that wont be used. Yay.

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: ShipDit

Smoke1ForMe

Yeah I definitely took the chance. $359 was enough for me to pull the trigger. I always wanted it to be 350 for just the unit. So for $10 more I get a glass mouthpiece, a cheap 4pc grinder, and a glass jar. Win, Win, and another grinder that wont be used. Yay.

I really wanted the swagger circ hydratube, anyone have any suggestions on how the evolver circ 2.0 compares?

Smoke1ForMe,

Nevertheless1090

I really wanted the swagger circ hydratube, anyone have any suggestions on how the evolver circ 2.0 compares?

They are VERY SIMILAR in terms of glass thickness, diffusion and ergonomics (bent neck and size). The only noticeable difference is the swagger has 30 slits oppose to 20 in the evolver and the "swagger" writing, in my opionion. I prefer less diffusion to preserve taste but from what I hear, they both percolate very well!!

Either or, it wouldn't be too different and a great compliment to the cloud.

Smoke1ForMe

They are VERY SIMILAR in terms of glass thickness, diffusion and ergonomics (bent neck and size). The only noticeable difference is the swagger has 30 slits oppose to 20 in the evolver and the "swagger" writing, in my opionion. I prefer less diffusion to preserve taste but from what I hear, they both percolate very well!!

Either or, it wouldn't be too different and a great compliment to the cloud.

I think I am going to order the evolver package from ezvapes when I get home. Seems like to good of a price to pass up, only thing I am not sure of is if it comes with the hydratube stand.

Smoke1ForMe,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I haven't heard back from VapeXhale yet, but spoke at length with Jerrod at EZVapes.com He assured me that it was a Cloud+, they are Authorized Distributors, and as long as they charge MAP (Manufacturers Asking Price) and then apply any discounts the warranty will be valid.

So, a Cloud+ for $359.96 Priority Mail shipped. That's with mouthpiece, not with HydraTubes (although that is an option).

Of course I imagine everybody at both places is gone for the fun weekend by now so you'll have to decide on your own if you want to go for it. Seems to me that if they are an Authorized Distributor and have paid VapeXhale whatever they charge their distributors for the Cloud then it shouldn't matter. Its still a Cloud+ and VapeXhale should stand behind their distributors and honor the warranty. ( :2c: )

I'm not sure how that is a logical explanation but that is technically violating the terms of our distributor/reseller agreement. Applying a discount after charging MSRP is a loophole that I don't agree with. We're not being sticklers about this because we are controlling jerks, we are creating a fair marketplace for all of our resellers. If resellers want to violate the agreement, they won't be carrying the Cloud for long.

On another note, the team is in Denver and I'm at the airport about to board the plane. I hope to see all your Denver FC members there this weekend.

Smoke1ForMe

I'm not sure how that is a logical explanation but that is technically violating the terms of our distributor/reseller agreement. Applying a discount after charging MSRP is a loophole that I don't agree with. We're not being sticklers about this because we are controlling jerks, we are creating a fair marketplace for all of our resellers. If resellers want to violate the agreement, they won't be carrying the Cloud for long.

On another note, the team is in Denver and I'm at the airport about to board the plane. I hope to see all your Denver FC members there this weekend.

So you are saying you will not honor the warranty if purchased through this distributor? Not sure how the consumer would know this if they didnt visit FC. Doesn't seem fair to your average consumer....maybe I won't be ordering a cloud.

Smoke1ForMe,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
So you are saying you will not honor the warranty if purchased through this distributor? Not sure how the consumer would know this if they didnt visit FC. Doesn't seem fair to your average consumer....maybe I won't be ordering a cloud.
We typically side with the consumer but need to have a way to keep the resellers honest. This isn't unique to VapeXhale, many consumer product companies require you to buy from an authorized reseller. In this case, we will have words with this vendor but will do the right thing for unknowing consumers.

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
We typically side with the consumer but need to have a way to keep the resellers honest. This isn't unique to VapeXhale, many consumer product companies require you to buy from an authorized reseller. In this case, we will have words with this vendor but will do the right thing for unknowing consumers.

Thank you sir. I appreciate that you will honor the warranty. I probably wouldnt have ordered if it wasnt for the special 4/20 sale. I will now go back to celebrating 4/20 eve. Cheers!

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: ShipDit

ODS

i still am dieing to try one before shelling out the money. anyone in the SFV or SCV have one that wants to invite me over for a session i'll bring plenty to keep it filled :)

peace,

ODS,

Sinclue

I know from personal experience talking with you that your word is good and you will do right by your customers.
Didn't mean to stir up a hornets' nest or get the vendor in trouble. He seemed quite nice and I didn't get the feeling that he was trying to exploit you. His explanation of his thinking seemed perfectly reasonable and not out of line for a retailer in my experience, but then, as you say you have a specific agreement with your resellers and this may clear some things up. Hope it won't be a big problem for you guys and is something you can easily clear up with your resellers.

But, I do wonder how a person using that website would have a clue that the warranty might be questionable? Unless one kept up with this particular thread on this particular forum how would the casual shopper at one of your Authorized Resellers know? Don't remember seeing one on the VapeXhale site either, but then hacven't looked at every page.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Doesn't your Ion get that gunky yellow stuff all over the downtube? I've tried bottled water, distilled water, tap water and they all leave that gunk. How do you avoid it?

it does. and I have one spot that is a bitch and can't ever get completely clean.

stickstones,

Sinclue

it does. and I have one spot that is a bitch and can't ever get completely clean.

And what in the hell is that stuff? And does it show up after the second stage filtering of the Devastator?

I've got one of those spots too right up at the top next to the downtube.

Sinclue,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
SN #0828 reporting: All is well. Ticking my way to oblivion. Zero issues after 8 months of heavy use. I love Cloud.

SN #0844 signing in: pretty much the same report. Been ticking for around 8 months with absolutely no problems whatsoever. I'm really going to miss that tick someday when I have to "upgrade". Wish I didn't have to, but I know it will be inevitable. Just starting on an ELB filled with 5 different strains. Makes for an "interesting" experience...:)

lreindl

Pacific NW
Me and mine are all ready for tomorrow... happy holidays everyone!! :peace:
JSXkOc2.jpg

Top Bottom