Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

stickstones

Vapor concierge
*gulp* She took a little fall to the carpet, everything seems to be fine now except one thing... the glass bamboo seemed to have moved just a tiny bit because now my Cloud doesn't sit level. What should I do? Should I try pushing it back into its original place? Will that cause damage? :/

gently push it up a little bit

stickstones,

lreindl

Pacific NW
SS - I tried and it's not budging. I pushed a little on it and almost thought I heard a small crack. I'm frustrated but I don't wanna break the thing.

lreindl,

Vapor Head

I need someone to assuage a paranoid thought I keep having, please tell me why I'm mistaken. I use my cloud upside-down exclusively, and I can't stop thinking that if something internally was off-gassing anything nasty, that it would be sucked directly into the end of the bamboo, like a domeless nail.
yJpCTEx.jpg

My last unit had a silicone ring, as well as some sort of insulation, but the plus is a straight open shot straight from the wires and heater core, to the largest gap in the unit which is a millimeter away from the air intake. I'm not put off of using it, I just keep having this nagging little worry. :huh:
v5LhYKl.jpg
vSX2qhv.jpg
nOI2ges.jpg

is this all normal?

nothing burns. my herbs still taste great. it works great, but now that you brought this up I'm curious

Vapor Head,

MGG

Quick review of the vapexhale cloud plus.

Do i prefer it to the volcano? Yes.
Do i think it lives up to it's hype? Yes.
Am i happy? No.. And here's why.

The 50 dollar glass mouth piece is kinda worthless in my mind, it looks nice
but i would never reccomend getting it. It gets really hot for me when i try to hit from it
and can burn my lips from the hot air. All my friends felt the same about this.

The ELB get rediculously hot. Like there was no warnings with the package i got about it.
You will get burnt, i'm not even kidding, this is a health and safety risk.

The whole machine is really hot in general even with the rubber bands around it.

Now my cloud appears to be functioning and it produces consistent thick as hell hits (better than the volcano in my opinion) This thing got me incredi-ripped and is perfect if you prefer the feeling of punching a bong rather than sucking air out of a plastic bag. In my opinion the vapexhale cloud will do a better job fully vaporising product than the volcano would and the proof is in the pudding, everytime i empty out at an ELB the matter that comes out seems perfectly consistently brown.

It really satisfied everyone on the night and people were saying how they were heaps nervous with this thing and wouldn't pass it around with friends, but we passed it around just fine.
I was still a bit nervous but these guys had common sense when it came to glass.

BUT the bottom glass airtube on the vape comes out to far.
I've looked at other pictures and my vape seems to be the only one like this.
not only will it not sit flat on the ground (it wobbles) but because the glass piece is so far down
i have to always hold it above ground by an inch at least if ever want to hit it. Ironically i wouldn't see this as a desktop vape cause i can't really hit on my desktop.

Anyways i'm opening a support ticket (not on here to blackmail or gain sympathy, just warning other users)
Here's pictures for you to see for yourselves.

pijC5Hi.jpg

5l0Pc0H.jpg

0h1FUiC.jpg

The vapexhale also has some minor scratches and paint chips.
These aren't major but for a vape at this pricepoint this shouldn't be happening. If i recieved any product in the mail with scratches and chips i'd be like "what the hell?"

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The bamboo is adjustable, gently push in the desired direction. If you hear a slight "creaking" sound, this is normal.

t-dub,

MGG

The bamboo is adjustable, gently push in the desired direction. If you hear a slight "creaking" sound, this is normal.

Is this legit? sounds sketchy as hell. Can anyone verify? i've been reading this thread since the beginning and this is the first I've heard of that?

EDIT: okay i did it and it moved, was sketchy as hell, that "creaking" sounds like glass scratching..
is this actually what i was meant to do? hope it wasn't some extremely cruel joke.

MGG,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Hmmk well i feel like a mighty douche then, thanks a lot for the advice mate.

I wouldn't feel like that. You took a risk. Personally, I wouldn't have done it unless I had expressed written consent that VXL would fix it if it broke, however, I know you're an international Cloud, and it may have been a pain for a return.

Let us know how you are enjoying it now. You may need a revised review ;-).

newVaper420,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
I wouldn't feel like that. You took a risk. Personally, I wouldn't have done it unless I had expressed written consent that VXL would fix it if it broke, however, I know you're an international Cloud, and it may have been a pain for a return.

A Vapexhale staff member told him to do it, so if it had resulted in breakage I'm sure they would have replaced it. Would be a bit of a dick move if they didn't, after all.

Anonymouse,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
A Vapexhale staff member told him to do it, so if it had resulted in breakage I'm sure they would have replaced it. Would be a bit of a dick move if they didn't, after all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are referring to t-dub I don't believe he's a staff member. He won the Christmas video contest.

MGG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you are referring to t-dub I don't believe he's a staff member. He won the Christmas video contest.

Yeah he didn't although i just got an email from phil
(idk how anonymous would be aware of that though)

"You do not have a defective unit.

The bamboo is adjustable, you can slightly push it up, you do not need to move it up very far to create the ground clearance you want. (1/8 of an inch clearances is all you need, we have blind tested units, and any clearence beyond that is neglagable and results in the same amount of airflow)."

Also for people wondering how warranty to works for international customers, you send them the vapexhale cloud and they'll try and cover you're shipping costs with free ELB's. Even though i explained to phil i already have 12 ELB's so that's kinda useless and something like a discount on glass or something would be actually much more useful/useable. He just messaged back saying
"In any situation where you send the unit back, you will ship it to us, and then we provide free ELB's with your returned unit.". Hmph, lame. 12 is already overkill imo.

mod note: Do not post people's names on this forum. Personal info should not be disclosed without permission. Post edited.

MGG,

Anonymouse

Sith I care

Nope, you're right, he's not the new guy. I keep getting mixed up because of that giant VXC logo in his sig, though.

Anonymouse,

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
Speaking as a retailer of the International Cloud, I'm not sure it'd be any better if you were dealing direct with the retailer for warranty claims- issues like broken bamboos or internal faults with the Cloud are not the same as switching out a faulty battery in an Arizer Solo, so I can't see VapeXhale authorising retailers or distributors to deal with them- any returned units would most likely still have to be shipped by the retailer to VapeXhale, then back to the retailer, then back to the customer, so it would probably end up taking longer to go through a retailer.

I suppose the difference would be in the cost to the customer of shipping the unit- it'd likely be cheaper to ship it to the retailer than to VapeXhale, depending on where the retailer is in relation to the customer. If VapeXhale could use their FedEx account to collect faulty international units from customers, that'd be the ideal solution in my view- VapeXhale would be paying a low rate as they have a corporate courier account, and the customer wouldn't have to worry about a thing.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Speaking as a retailer of the International Cloud, I'm not sure it'd be any better if you were dealing direct with the retailer for warranty claims- issues like broken bamboos or internal faults with the Cloud are not the same as switching out a faulty battery in an Arizer Solo, so I can't see VapeXhale authorising retailers or distributors to deal with them- any returned units would most likely still have to be shipped by the retailer to VapeXhale, then back to the retailer, then back to the customer, so it would probably end up taking longer to go through a retailer.

I suppose the difference would be in the cost to the customer of shipping the unit- it'd likely be cheaper to ship it to the retailer than to VapeXhale, depending on where the retailer is in relation to the customer. If VapeXhale could use their FedEx account to collect faulty international units from customers, that'd be the ideal solution in my view- VapeXhale would be paying a low rate as they have a corporate courier account, and the customer wouldn't have to worry about a thing.

This reads as though VXL hasn't clarified how they expect the retailer to deal with warranty issues. If you have obligations then you should have been told what they are. If you don't, a simple policy statement is all they need and I'm surprised that there isn't one.

VapeFiend.com

Retailer
The policy, as I was told it, is that VapeXhale deal with warranty claims directly. It's totally clear, but some don't like it- in fact some have said they won't buy a Cloud unless the policy changes.

I'm just responding to those who have said that they don't like this policy, and, I guess, musing on how it might be if the policy were different.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The policy, as I was told it, is that VapeXhale deal with warranty claims directly. It's totally clear, but some don't like it- in fact some have said they won't buy a Cloud unless the policy changes. I'm just responding to those who have said that they don't like this policy.

Okay, that straightens me out, thanks. I am no longer surprised.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Nope, you're right, he's not the new guy. I keep getting mixed up because of that giant VXC logo in his sig, though.

Yeah guy's Tdub is just a veteran member. No one here would steer anyone the wrong way - I'm sure VXC will fix it MGG. And to be honest - I would have done the same thing so either we are both mighty douches or we both think alike. Maybe I'll change my username to Summer Rain! :whoa:

Good luck with the repair bro - when I got my cloud it did not have scratches but the metal wasn't perfectly aligned. Usually it would bother me - shit im the king of returns. But, in this case once I turned it on for the first time and got me fucking ripped I guess my concerns subsided.

Again - good luck, I am sure it will all work out.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I have no affiliation with VXL. If I did I would have a manufacturer's brand/logo/icon by my user-name from VTAC. I like my sig the way it is, I considered changing it, but I don't want to :) My goal here is just to help people, if it wasn't I wouldn't have 2,335 messages with 2,659 "Likes" . . . :peace:

Vapor Head

Is this legit? sounds sketchy as hell. Can anyone verify? i've been reading this thread since the beginning and this is the first I've heard of that?

EDIT: okay i did it and it moved, was sketchy as hell, that "creaking" sounds like glass scratching..
is this actually what i was meant to do? hope it wasn't some extremely cruel joke.
I've actually heard this a few times on here. I moved mine a bit also. It's perfectly fine

Vapor Head,

stygian16

Just want to give major props to the Support crew. I mentioned a few pages back that I live 20 min from the returns location so that definitely helps but holy shit, what a turnaround time! Original cloud with malfunctioning heater sent back on Tuesday afternoon. Have my cloud plus replacement in my hands Friday afternoon. Thank you VXL!
I'm sure YMMV but it's really cool to see such help and responsiveness.
PS. This thing rocks!

EDIT Completely opaque tube at 12 o clock within 2 min of startup time?? I can get used to this :)

Top Bottom