Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Anonymouse

Sith I care
$AU are actually worth slightly more (3-5%) this past year or so, but currency conversion fees eat enough that you can essentially treat them as the same for mental maths.

b0

Cloudy...
ok, thanks b0. I know lacentralevapeur.com also has the Cloud.
My Cloud + Swagger cost me A LOT less in VF that the price in Lacentralvapeur, their prices are really crazy :mental: They ask 599€ for VXL + Swagger, thats like 785$ :uhh:

b0,
Reactions: JLG

b0

Cloudy...
350$ or 450$ to 785$ is a huge step...

Even from the official price is a big step ($574.99) I don't know a lot about MSRP's, just that it don't let distributers to make his price lower, but can they charge that much more? Weird!

VF was selling the same package at $580, almost the official price in VXL.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Even from the official price is a big step ($574.99) I don't know a lot about MSRP's, just that it don't let distributers to make his price lower, but can they charge that much more? Weird!

VF was selling the same package at $580, almost the official price in VXL.

Nice.. i'll check VF then. I thought the centralevapeur price was a little steep but i usually see the US price being retailed in euros. Apple products for example, if its 600USD then i see it here for 600EUR, and i see that happening with a lot of different products.

The Solo, before the 160USD price was always ~200USD/~200EUR.. it still is in most EU vapostores.

b0

Cloudy...
Nice.. i'll check VF then. I though the centralevapeur price was a little steep but i usually see the US price being retailed in euros. Apple products for example, if its 600USD then i see it here for 600EUR, and i see that happening with a lot of different products.

The Solo, before the 160USD price was always ~200USD/~200EUR.. it still is in most EU vapostores.

Yep, some shops really abuse with their prices, that's why I bought my Solo and MFLB in PIU, outstanding prices.

I hope you enjoy your cloud when you have it Vorrange, I'm so eager right now that can't avoid to go to the tracking web every hour and push f5 to see if the package updates :rofl:

b0,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Planning to do just that, using a variable aquarium pump and some MacGyver skillz. Purely for science, though. Daily driving is always gonna be moisture-conditioned.

(The bag system on my Q should convert easily to the Cloud with the right gong adaptors...)

You know, that reminded me, has anyone here ever rigged up there cloud to use bags on it?

It's fucking glorious. You never realize how good bag vaping can be until your holding a bag that is so thick with vapor you literally cannot see a spec of light through it.

Yea it's not hard to connect a Q bag to the Cloud, it's the forced air that I haven't figured out yet. Please do show how you're connecting a pump (or fan)! :science:

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: b0

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
:o That would be an awesome addition. Right now I'm just plugging in tubing to the bottom and filling the gap with teflon tape. The bottom part of the tube does not even get that hot actually. Then I either blow manually or plug in a air pump.

CentiZen,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Re those looking to use a bag...A member named Egzoset (spelling?) came up with a solution for several units (any really). It involves creating an enlocsure for the bag, and connecting the bag to the vape, then creating a vacuum in the enlclsure, around the bag, causing the empty bag to inflate, but pulling vape from the Cloud. He (egzoset) used this method to replicate pulling by the mouth, VS pushing pumped air through the material. This makes the bag suck the vape in.

These posts/ pictures should help explain...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herbalaire-h2-1.276/page-13#post-42662
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herbalaire-h2-1.276/page-13#post-42659
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/herbalaire-h2-1.276/page-13#post-42667

and sifting through these could help as well... http://fuckcombustion.com/search/7697210/?q=bag+bottle+pump&o=date&c[user][0]=4293

Purpl3_Haz3,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
:o That would be an awesome addition. Right now I'm just plugging in tubing to the bottom and filling the gap with teflon tape. The bottom part of the tube does not even get that hot actually. Then I either blow manually or plug in a air pump.

Blowing manually will give you a ballon containing rather a lot of CO2, so it might not be a good idea to hold those hits as long as you can. Then again I use my bags to rebreathe hits all the time. I do make sure to take about half and half rebreathed vape and fresh air when hitting the rebreathe, though, and don't hold quite as long. If you have supply problems like I do, this is pretty damn efficient, and you should have no trouble blowing "ghost" clouds even from rather dense original hits.

And also, you'll get much more even extraction with regular flow. Go to a pet store and grab the highest flow pump they have at a sane price (prolly about $40 or so), and try that (ideally you want a double-diaphragm pump rather than single, as it's output is less "pulsey" and will result in fewer temp fluctuations in the bowl). I'd also suggest a rubber bung that plugs the bottom of the bamboo, with a hole drilled through it to take aquarium air tubing.

Anonymouse,
Reactions: Roger D

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Re those looking to use a bag...A member named Egzoset (spelling?) came up with a solution for several units (any really). It involves creating an enlocsure for the bag, and connecting the bag to the vape, then creating a vacuum in the enlclsure, around the bag, causing the empty bag to inflate, but pulling vape from the Cloud. He (egzoset) used this method to replicate pulling by the mouth, VS pushing pumped air through the material. This makes the bag suck the vape in.

This would also work, and since it'd be a negative pressure extraction rather than positive, you'd get a slightly higher rate of resin evapourating at the same temperature, so should get a small density boost. It's the same principle as doing a "bucket". Rigging up a rigid, airtight piston arrangment to hold your bag would be quite a lot of effort and probably expensive, though. I once considered the possibility using such a device instead of a bag, but the resin would gum the piston seal pretty fast without a bag in it to protect it from the stickiness. Does have the advantage of not needing a pump, though, and the "draw speed" is controlled by how fast you manually pull the piston back.

Or you could seal your bag in a rigid vessel and suck out the air around it with a vaccuum pump, ala Egozet. Pumps capable of vaccuum function are not generally cheap, though, so the aquarium pump plus tubing plus bung remains the simplest, cheapest option if you're testing the waters, assuming you have a Q bag system available. Even if you don't, just an 18mm female to female and a male hose-adaptor elbow will let you DIY one.

Or you could get a 90 degree female to female, and a short glass stem with an 18mm male gong to use as you bag "mouthpiece". You'd have to hold it on as it filled, and cover the end with your thumb or something when you removed it, but then you could stick the bag straight on a water tool, which is a better option that passing your Cloud around in a group session.

LOL its funny to finally have an all glass pathway with direct draw and then comeback to the oldest most awkward method there is...bags

Never liked them and never will!

Cloud bags should be a shitload denser than most native bag vapes. The Q in particular is terrible at filling them densely, since it has a crappy, tiny fan that builds no static pressure, and no proper seal around the fan even if it could. If they were gonna use a fan instead of a pump, it should've at least been centrifugal instead of axial, which only develop any real flow in free air. A pump would require putting a one-way valve in the airpath to allow inhalation, though, which would add cost (or just making the pump a separate unit like the Herbalaire).

Anonymouse,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Cloud bags should be a shitload denser than most native bag vapes. The Q in particular is terrible at filling them densely, since it has a crappy, tiny fan that builds no static pressure, and no proper seal around the fan even if it could. If they were gonna use a fan instead of a pump, it should've at least been centrifugal instead of axial, which only develop any real flow in free air. A pump would require putting a one-way valve in the airpath to allow inhalation, though, which would add cost (or just making the pump a separate unit like the Herbalaire).

Sure they can but I still think its a waste...

A whip I can understand (using myself) but a bag?

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Yeah, I'll stick to glass, and maybe a whip setup when I get the extra cash to put in another order to USP. Bags would be interesting, just as a "it really CAN do anything" statement...but it's already known that it would work...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
It's just a convenient and difficult to damage container to hold the vapour. The "all glass" thing is only critical for the hot parts of the airstream. Also, the expansion in the bag causes the charge to cool to ambient temperature, making it less harsh than a whip even at the same desity, and requiring basically zero effort to inhale, whereas direct-draw through a whip has inherent resistance from the load, and the whip itself, making the same lungful take much longer, and a lot more physical effort to inhale.

Basically, bags exist for a reason. They aren't perfect, or for everyone, but they provide a lot of advantages. I too prefer plugging a vape straight onto glass (mostly because it's less fiddly and I'm lazy), but I bet if you tried a dense bag of vape through glass you'd like its effortless draw. The whole hit would feel like the "clearing" stage.

Also, if you blow bags at a party, you have the option of using helium ballons as the "air" source to fill (ideally partially fill) them. It's hilarious.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I don't actually have that problem. I was making an example..I could post alot of embarrassing text right now but I'm holding it back...
I was not only trying to help you, but was also illustrating how that help can be available here on this forum. However, people have to WANT to help you . . . post what you will but if your trying to embarrass me, I'm sorry, but I have no ego to bruise. Take care :peace:

t-dub,
Top Bottom