Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Anonymouse

Sith I care
IMHO it's good that you're betting you can't. :wave:

Because that mod would be more problematic than it looks. Might not even be possible at all. :bang:

I asked a bunch of times in the old thread to see the inside of the thing, but as far as I know no-one's ever posted pics. That broken bamboo posted a few pages back is as much as I've ever seen of the inside (though it did confirm my suspicions as to why they refer to it as "bamboo"). If there's no room inside the case for a socket, you could always fit an external one. Wouldn't look as nice, though, and there's still the whole "Does it invalidate warranty" thing again. The way the device is used, that cord is going to fray internally at the entrance point eventually, and the more often you use it the sooner, so being able to make this mod without losing warranty would be great piece of mind.

Oh well, I guess I could just wait two years for warranty to run out and mod it then. :/

Anonymouse,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
img2914t.jpg

Look Mom no wires. Don't try this at home!

Nebu

Post-Apocalyptic Renaissance Man
Fixed. I'm sure everyone that viewed the elb and mistook it for glass will be better informed now.

Based on many of the reactions, I thought I should come back and clarify my previous post. Forgive me, my forum-fu is a bit rusty.

I want to see VapeXhale succeed & succeed famously. I've met, worked and broken bread & bud with StoneMonkey & crew. I like these guys! I only have/carry/offer/recommend two (plug-in) vaporizers. The Cloud is one of them. It is an excellent concept imho.

Where I seem to have a philosophical difference with some members/mods here is on the value of constructive criticism. I think those who are dismissing concerns are actually doing a disservice to VapeXhale. This thread can (& has) provided an open-source, free QA + R&D forum. I can only guess at the diverse backgrounds and personal experiences/perspectives of all the members here. Ideas are great (& "lossless") to share. Already ideas that have germinated here (e.g. wrist/heat-bands) have made it into production. What a valuable resource! And if any idea has no merit it is easily disregarded. I suspect SM & crew want to create the best (within cost-constraints, of course) vaporizer possible. It is to that end I was posting.

Time is a truly nonrenewable resource, & I unfortunately do not have much available atm, but I want to, quickly, clarify the couple of observations I made.

"The VapeXhale Cloud is the only vaporizer with an All Glass Vapor Path." I don't believe this statement is accurate. The ELB is part of the vapor path and, as others have posted, there are other glass-path vapes. Being clear & 100% truthful/concise is always the best policy (imho). How big of a deal is the 1.8g metal ELB? That is up to personal discretion. For me, I'm not worried about the metal going reactive (would require extreme heat) but metal is heat-accumulative & I think it would be awesome if there was some sort of glass ELB solution. There were a few vids earlier this thread with combustion happening... one with a cherry glowing inside an ELB. I suspect this would be less likely to occur w/o the metal. My personal peeve is concentrates gumming up the works so quickly.

Breakage of the Bamboo, no matter what reason, is not covered by warranty. This is a bit of an Achilles heel imho, as I recently experienced. I can sympathize 100% with VXL's policy. I guess it could be impossible to prove the difference between an internal defect and user-error breakage. That is why I was surprised to see that the internals of the bamboo were constructed of such thin glass. I'm unsure of the thermal stress caused both by rapid heat up and delta-T° (difference in temp) along the bamboo, but I suspect it could be quite significant. Then there is the torsional and other physical stresses on it via normal use. My idea (again, fwiw) would be to beef-up that bamboo, big time! More glass = more strength, & perhaps heat retention as well? I wouldn't imagine that adding much expense. As it is I'm unsure how much of a liability it is. I witnessed it first-hand myself, but have limited experience (which is why I asked if any one else has similar experience, previous post).

I'll add a quick note on Quality Control. Looking at the last several images posted (dings, scratches, malformed metal casings, backwards heat-shields). Whoa - I would suggest this is not an image the producer of any product would want to put forward.

I've a few other ideas for "Cloud 2.0" (lol) & have read some good ones here as well, but will leave it for now (before I really wear out my welcome, lol!).

Cheers,
Nebu

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Someone did post pics of the internals a few weeks ago. They had bought a broken one for parts and posted the entire dissection.

They did? Don't know how the hell I messed that. <searches>

Where I seem to have a philosophical difference with some members/mods here is on the value of constructive criticism. I think those who are dismissing concerns are actually doing a disservice to VapeXhale. This thread can (& has) provided an open-source, free QA + R&D forum.

Hear, hear! Why is it so taboo to post constructive criticism?

metal is heat-accumulative & I think it would be awesome if there was some sort of glass ELB solution. There were a few vids earlier this thread with combustion happening... one with a cherry glowing inside an ELB. I suspect this would be less likely to occur w/o the metal.

The metal, being far more thermally conductive than glass, is if anything helping even out the extraction by warming the sides of the load faster. The venturi constriction in the bamboo is firing a heat jet at the middle of the bowl, and I suspect that mesh around the sides (and small flow leakage it allows) is helping to prevent hot-spotting in the center of the load.

That is why I was surprised to see that the internals of the bamboo were constructed of such thin glass. I'm unsure of the thermal stress caused both by rapid heat up and delta-T° (difference in temp) along the bamboo, but I suspect it could be quite significant.

Thinner glass is actually less subject to the effects of thermal stress, as low thickness minimises temp differences between different parts of the glass (this is why people can make vapes out of soda-glass light bulbs). It's differential thermal expansion that causes heat stresses, and if the material isn't as thick, it's harder for one side to be much hotter than the other.

My idea (again, fwiw) would be to beef-up that bamboo, big time! More glass = more strength, & perhaps heat retention as well? I wouldn't imagine that adding much expense. As it is I'm unsure how much of a liability it is. I witnessed it first-hand myself, but have limited experience (which is why I asked if any one else has similar experience, previous post).

The heater has to work through the glass, so, since glass is actually a pretty good thermal insulator, it can't be too thick, or the device would be really sluggish to react to changes in draw speed. That said, I'm surprised the parts of the tube where it's clamped into the unit at either end, and especially the bit supporting the ground joint aren't much thicker than they are. Only the section around the heater needs to be thin. If each end of the tube were reinforced and well-anchored there'd be a lot less bamboo breakage.

Anyway, onwards to 500!

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Mouse - I just searched and posted the link to the page above, took me 20 minutes - if I come to AU you owe me a fucking beer! :tup:

Doh, beat me to it. Anyway, I'm sure we can think of something much better than beer. :p

BTW, you can link to posts directly using the number button in the bottom right of each post (the one starting with a "#"). Cloud disassembly post direct link is here. Now we just need to see a Plus disassembled to see what the internal differences are.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Doh, beat me to it. Anyway, I'm sure we can think of something much better than beer. :p

BTW, you can link to posts directly using the number button in the bottom right of each post (the one starting with a "#"). Cloud disassembly post direct link is here. Now we just need to see a Plus disassembled to see what the internal differences are.

Better than beer? I could think of 7 different things right now better! Thanks for teaching me the permalink thing - you would think after 3 years here I would have learned that. My wife must be right, I am fucking stupid! :brow:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Where I seem to have a philosophical difference with some members/mods here is on the value of constructive criticism. I think those who are dismissing concerns are actually doing a disservice to VapeXhale.

Hear, hear! Why is it so taboo to post constructive criticism?

I can't speak for the members but the moderators here have all agreed on our policy. It should be quite simple to understand but it keeps getting twisted and misinterpreted.

Nobody has been stopped from posting constructive criticism! If you have a complaint then you get to state it once, not repeatedly.

How is that so hard to understand? The policy is against complaints not criticisms. People insist we are suppressing criticism, but what we are trying to do is stop continual repetition of the same complaint. How many times do we have to explain that when we did let this happen, some people took advantage of it and used repeated whining in the threads as leverage to get special attention? Is that how you would run your forums? From the rules:
  • Public discussions of staff decisions are not permitted on the site. If you have any concerns or queries relating to a staff decision please take it up in private with a staff member.
  • If you don’t like the rules or the moderation, feel free not to visit.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
The problem is, you post an issue, criticism, or complaint, then immediately get a bunch of replies dismissing it for disparate reasons. These replies may have misunderstood your point, missed it completely, their response may be valid or may make no damn sense at all and be prompted by nothing more than consumer loyalty, but if you reply to any of those to clarify your original point you are "mentioning it more than once".

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The problem is, you post an issue, criticism, or complaint, then immediately get a bunch of replies dismissing it for disparate reasons. These replies may have misunderstood your point, missed it completely, their response may be valid or may make no damn sense at all and be prompted by nothing more than consumer loyalty, but if you reply to any of those to clarify your original point you are "mentioning it more than once".

You, my friend, are walking on incredibly thin ice. Did you not understand that criticisms are not treated like complaints?

For your own safety, you might want to treat that as a rhetorical question.

pakalolo,
Reactions: Pappy

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
not true, a previous member showed his pics of pulling the cord, inserting a plug and detachable computer cord. on this thread

My bad. I forgot about the externally mounted receptacle. That is not particularly difficult to do. What would be problematic is putting the receptacle inside the case while preserving the aesthetics.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i am not him, and at much risk to myself (if this should have been pm'ed i apologize) but i have seen this as a bit of a problem on this thread particularly. i "lived" for much of my life over in the d9 section and non of this level of mod interference, or anything close to this has ever happened over their repeated complaints over the flavor of their carts. watching the above happen over here, it feels like it's crossing the line between defending a company fairly, and censoring opinions. i personally don't feel like anonymous crossed that line, but did what he described. i love my cloud ( other than how hot it gets externally), however i am glad that i am now aware that if i sent it in for an upgrade to the cloud plus, i should be aware of the possible wear and tear. i am glad pics got up by those who did and didn't have a problem with this. there does get to a point where both opinions are expressed and it's gone on too long. unfortunately, if you bring up a complaint, it can be you against a bunch of loyal customers who disagree who slam your opinion over and over and you look like you are arguing the same thing, but are only defending against multiple retorts. i hope this isn't seen as arguing or discussing a mod decision, just discussing approaches and perceptions.

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
I'm pretty sure if you didn't pay full price ($450) and have a receipt to back it up they won't honor the warranty. I feel like I read that info in this thread somewhere.. Imagine how much money the company would lose if everyone did that..

I spent over $1000 to have 2 units, it would piss me off if all I had to do was find someones broken one and pay $150 for the upgrade. I'd be very interested to know if you actually were able to do that..

BTW - Both of my clouds look flawless, no scratches no nothing..

This isn't a warranty claim I am trying to make. This is strictly a repair and upgrade to cloud+ for a fee. Don't other manufactures do this? If I was to buy a secondhand "broken" vapor brother's, I think I could send it in for a repair for a fee.

VaporEyes,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
i haven't seen anonymouse say anything in here modworthy about the cloud. where he crossed over was when he questioned the modding done in here.

i can't for the life of me figure out why people don't just pm us mods about this instead of post about it in the threads. that's when things get ugly. we try to keep these threads clean, informative and easy to navigate when it comes to content, so I respond much more favorably to those questions in a pm instead of where it clutters up threads.

as far as my opinion goes, i wouldn't have been happy with some of the scuffed up units I've seen pics of here. and i certainly wouldn't put a unit like that in the counter in a store.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
This isn't a warranty claim I am trying to make. This is strictly a repair and upgrade to cloud+ for a fee. Don't other manufactures do this? If I was to buy a secondhand "broken" vapor brother's, I think I could send it in for a repair for a fee.

Most vaporizer companies charge a small fee if it is out of warranty or bought second hand or cant prove its still warrantied (lost receipt)
From my experience 7th floor(SSV,DBV,LSV) is 50$.
From my research, vaporfection is about 100$
iolite, thermovape, and arizer is "a small fee" but not exactly sure how much.

Also from my experience, Vapexhale would not fix my broken cloud as it was bought second hand.(my friend had it 3 months and i used it for another couple months before it died. Im not sure if they have changed the policy since then as this was about a year ago when mine broke and i ended up throwing it out. This was before they raised the prices/offered the unit with the glass straw, but when it happened i was told it would cost as much as a new unit to fix it so i would be better off just buying a new package

Mynameismud,

Koop

It has now been 9 days since I got my tracking number and it looks like I'll have to continue waiting. How long did it take you guys to receive your package?

Koop,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Also from my experience, Vapexhale would not fix my broken cloud as it was bought second hand.(my friend had it 3 months and i used it for another couple months before it died. Im not sure if they have changed the policy since then as this was about a year ago when mine broke and i ended up throwing it out. This was before they raised the prices/offered the unit with the glass straw, but when it happened i was told it would cost as much as a new unit to fix it so i would be better off just buying a new package

That was far before it was more easily repairable. I have sent an e-mail to VXL concerning this matter.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
That was far before it was more easily repairable. I have sent an e-mail to VXL concerning this matter.
yea, i thought they weren't repairable at all, until recently. it sucks that you threw it away, i did the same w/ a dart core that i had blown out because i was unaware they repaired them, looks like you might have made an even costlier mistake :cry:
that severely sucks (like primus) muddy

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@koop - send us an email support@vapexhale.com with your name, we can help track it down for you.

On another note, we are preparing to get ready for the Denver Cannabis Cup. While we have

historically done well at these events, one thing the other vendors do much better than us are the various games that they hold throughout the day where they hand out prizes. There are the standard raffles where they give something away but we wanted to do something better. I was curious if any of the forum members have any great ideas for contests and/or games that we can run in our booth.

stonemonkey55,
Reactions: wootze

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
There are the standard raffles where they give something away but we wanted to do something better. I was curious if any of the forum members have any great ideas for contests and/or games that we can run in our booth.
How about something that emphasizes the Cloud's capabilities and gets them to focus more on the device/experience while testing it, rather than just collecting a free hit. Maybe something flavor related like "Name That Strain" or something. Folks who guess the right "flavor" coming out of the Cloud would "win" something (wristband etc) . . . hard to suggest since I have no idea how these things work but it seems natural to use a "game" to educate potential customers and a "prize" helps focus their attention.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
@koop - send us an email support@vapexhale.com with your name, we can help track it down for you.

On another note, we are preparing to get ready for the Denver Cannabis Cup. While we have

historically done well at these events, one thing the other vendors do much better than us are the various games that they hold throughout the day where they hand out prizes. There are the standard raffles where they give something away but we wanted to do something better. I was curious if any of the forum members have any great ideas for contests and/or games that we can run in our booth.

Name that strain. Give them three strains, .1 each, and tell them the name of them but not which ones are which and see if they can match it up. Or some variation of that :-)

Edit: stu's is awesome :-)

Top Bottom