Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

ictus

DSCF0479.jpg

This is my "damaged" cloud. Is this seriously going to stop you from making an excellent purchase?
My Cloud+ is also slightly misaligned compared to my original cloud, but not as much as in your photo. With mine I could maybe fit a business card through but I never even thought about it at all...Yours looks like between 1-2mm so realistically not a big deal. It's not like that metal shroud is supposed to be air tight or anything. I wouldn't worry about it personally.

ictus,

brewer

My replacement Cloud Plus was similar to this, and it's so inconsequential that I don't even remember if my original cloud was like this or not. These things vaporize so well that anyone in limbo about buying one--should just pull the trigger; you'll be be happy you did : )

The original and cloud plus have on par performance, so that shouldn't be a concern either. If you want crazy dense clouds with the Cloud Plus--just run it around 4 or 5pm on the dial.

That said, my replacement cloud did have a quirky connection between the bamboo and hydratube. It wobbled a bit and was not a totally tight seal. However, bamboo and hydratubes are blown glass by hand, so there are bound to be mismatches occasionally--no matter how hard blowers try otherwise. The hydratube fit my original cloud perfectly, just not the replacement.

And I must say, the day Vapexhale received my replacement cloud plus with the quirky connection--I received a tracking number for a new replacement unit and hydratube tested to match and seal perfectly. Can't ask for much more than that...

brewer,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok I just want to say, that I absolutely love my Cloud and it works great. It's the best vaporizer I've used.

That being said, here are some of the scuffs on my unit. All in all, they do not affect my unit at all, and it works perfectly fine.

gDPJjMQl.jpg

WaHDmBHl.jpg

This one I was trying to show the dent but it's very hard to get on camera.

hXaei5Il.jpg

EZyXbINl.jpg

newVaper420,

brewer

Question for those of you who have upgraded an original unit to the could plus.

Is it just an upgrade on the unit you send in or are you getting an completely new unit?

After thoroughly vaping both side by side:

Cloud Plus units vaporize slightly different than the originals; originals produce crazy dense, voluminous, clouds at around 2pm on the dial, while the plus units produce similar clouds at around 4 or 5pm.

Although hard to describe, vaping the same material taste different. Both taste great but they definitely taste different. What stuck out in my mind after the comparative session, and my buddy agreed, is that the Original had the edge on the biggest, most dense and voluminous clouds (at 2-3pm)--comparing the biggest clouds to the biggest clouds of each unit. Although the Plus at 4-5pm had nearly the same cloud, but tasted "better," as in more clean and flavorful in our opinion. These differences probably vary with other factors too though, e.g., different materials, material dryness, material grind, etc.

Additionally, the pluses stay cool to the touch (even at 4-5pm), the cord is shorter, the dial is bigger, and the light setup is a little different (the red light is not as bright, and it does not blink lights after running for a while).

As for internally different, I don't know. The bamboo hole is a different diameter. And maybe they just added a heat shield and tinkered with the heater to keep the outside of the unit cooler to prevent the breakdowns some of us, like me, suffered with their originals.

All and all, they are different enough that I have both... And consider them different vaporizers. Both awesome.

Anonymouse

Sith I care
I suppose if I bought my cloud to impress people and stave off a mid-life crisis I might feel this way. Likewise if a person ever buys a Ferrari just because it drives fast (I can assure you this has never happened) they may not give a shit about a cosmetic flaw.

It almost seems like you're deliberately missing the point. Okay, say your new Mobius or Sovereignty or whatever piece arrives, and it works perfectly, but has chips and visibly crooked welds. You haven't bought it to "impress" anyone, just for your personal, probably private use. Knowing how much it cost, and using it everyday, looking at those flaws everyday, how would you feel about that? Can you imagine the shitstorms in the respective threads if anything like that happened more than once within a page or two, let alone several reports in such a span?

Yeah I wish it looked perfect, but I'll settle for it working damn near perfectly. I mean, I WISH it was gold-plated, hovered and never needed to be re-filled. GET ON IT VXL.

Worrying about a spate of sudden complaints about units not looking quite right and speculating as to the potential cause does not logically extend to wishing the cloud was carved from billet unobtanium and fitted with a magically inexhaustable bowl powered by elves and leprechauns. That's a flimsy straw man argument at best. I could say I wish the Cloud was universal voltage and had a detachable cord, but that has nothing whatsoever to do with whether I'd accept a visibly flawed or worn/scuffed unit. Until we hear from VXC, we don't know what's going on with these issues and I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering what's up.

thanks vaporeyes...anyone want to show off their scuffed up units?
Yes, excellent suggestion.

sorry i unscuffed it :razz:
p1017430n.jpg

See, I'd be tempted to do something like that, but doesn't it void your warranty?

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I almost don't know what to say in regards to the comments about the build quality of the cloud. It's not perfect, your right. But, with that being said I have owned over 30 vaporizers. Some are built well, some are built like shit. Most just don't fucking work. Along my time as a vaporyst and my dealing with VAS I really could say from a vaporization standpoint I think I have seen it all.

Here's my take on the cloud - First of all - unlike 90% percent of the other vapes on the market - its built out a metal and like a tank from what it seems. Secondly - they were the first to bring the absolute ALL GLASS AIR-PATH. These 2 qualities aren't easy to achieve and I understand this could impact the device's final quality for a small company. And although I think some of you have legitimate concerns and of course should open a ticket - I also think some of you may be unfairly judging the device. I didn't buy the cloud for it to look like a Ferrari, or for it to be perfectly designed like it came from apple - I bought it because I felt this could be the end all for my VAS and guess what, it stopped it in a heartbeat. I got my cloud for my go to, my solo for portability - and boys and girls, mvapes is fucking set!

I hope you all could past some of the chit chat, and those of you that have or had issues with your cloud - I sincerely hope it gets worked out and I am sure it will. I just hope you give a fucking dope device the chance it deserves. These guy's took a chance and put everything they had into bringing us stoners the best possible delivery system. Give them some credit, think about it - they want all of us fuckers happy, we feed their families. They're just a bit overwhelmed, and keep in mind - they're overwhelmed because of success...:peace:

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
Here's my report on my Cloud+. My original Cloud (a ticker from a year ago) had two problems. It had started generating too much heat and even at the lowest setting it would cook an ELB in two pulls. Within days of that happening the bamboo (glass tube) was broken probably by some friends using it on Thanksgiving. One of them seemed to think the HydraTube need to be ground down on the glass joint of the Cloud. At that time there was no Cloud+ or way to repair my Cloud. We held on to it though and I bought a non-ticking replacement Cloud which has had no problems. When the upgrade program came along I took advantage of it.

Shipping and Delivery:
First off it did take longer to receive due to the manufacturing issues VXL ran into with their contractor. Shit happens and my Cloud+ was going to be a backup so not a big deal for me like it was/is for some of you. I did receive a USPS tracking number and i was able to track it almost the whole way which was a surprise given the inconsistency of tracking with the USPS. I was away on a week long trip when it was delivered. The tracking updates stopped when it was listed as "out for delivery" and I was worried that it hadn't been left but the person getting our mail let me know it arrived. A week later and the tracking site was never updated to it having been delivered... not that I care but just letting you know how it worked for me.

The box was not damaged but the packaging in the box was substandard. It was about two thirds full of "popcorn" and the Cloud itself had one thin piece of bubble wrap around it. A far cry from the amazing packing of the three (one for a friend plus my two) Cloud packages I've received in the past. Fortunately the Cloud+ was fine. The box included 4 ELBs and 1 black wrist band with the VXL logo as shown in someone's post a few pages back.

Fit and Finish:
This Cloud+ seems to be new. It has a different serial number than the one I returned. That could be because the unit returned had two issues - the overheating and the broken bamboo. The fit and finish is better than any of the others I've received except for the fact that the two halves don't fit together as flush as they should near the bottom of one side. It allows a little of the red or green light to spill out but it's not much. I would say it's about 50% better/tighter than the photo that VaporEyes posted an hour or two ago. It's no big deal to me. The cord is shorter and attaches to the Cloud nice and snug. I did have to gently but firmly push the bamboo up a quarter inch so the HydraTubes sit properly. The ELBs seem to have a better fit and finish than the last round I received with the non-ticking Cloud. They also fit better and the ELBs from that other Cloud also fit better/easier in the Cloud+.

Usage:
The green light comes on in about 3 minutes. I have used it approximately 5 minutes after it was turned on or two minutes after the green light came on. It worked as well as my other units would work after they had been on for about 13 - 15 minutes so I am thrilled! With my original ticker Cloud I would usually set it at about 10 AM to get the tasty vapor I prefer. For the non-ticker that I have i would set it around 11:30 to 12:00 to get the same vapor. This Cloud+ has me back to the 10 AM setting. The Cloud+ itself definitely stays cooler to the touch after it has been on for an hour+ but the top of the Cloud where the metal has "HOT" stamped on it gets hotter than the other two Clouds I've used. Not a big deal to me but I will be careful about touching that area when the Plus has been on for a while.

Taste:
I think both of my Clouds produce the same excellent taste. I have not had both going at the same time to do an A/B test and probably won't bother.

Summary:
The fit of the metal could be better. The bamboo should not need adjusting by the user, it should be in the correct position before shipping. The packing materials should be better or at least the box should be filled to the max before shipping or VXL may run into some broken units arriving at their destinations. I assume all of these are manufacturing issues. I would guess that this unit was not worked on and shipped by VXL staff as they would, I assume, pay attention to all of these issues. Whoever is manufacturing and shipping may need more feedback from VXL. As I said, just a guess.

With the same great performance, much faster warm up, the longer time before the unit shuts itself off, the lack of ticking and the cooler case I am a big fan of the Cloud+. And then there's the longer warranty! Thanks VXL!!!

PS. I agree with everything mvapes said in his post above though he has way more experience with other vapes than I.

brewer

Here's my report on my Cloud+. My original Cloud (a ticker from a year ago) had two problems. It had started generating too much heat and even at the lowest setting it would cook an ELB in two pulls. Within days of that happening the bamboo (glass tube) was broken probably by some friends using it on Thanksgiving. One of them seemed to think the HydraTube need to be ground down on the glass joint of the Cloud. At that time there was no Cloud+ or way to repair my Cloud. We held on to it though and I bought a non-ticking replacement Cloud which has had no problems. When the upgrade program came along I took advantage of it.

Shipping and Delivery:
First off it did take longer to receive due to the manufacturing issues VXL ran into with their contractor. Shit happens and my Cloud+ was going to be a backup so not a big deal for me like it was/is for some of you. I did receive a USPS tracking number and i was able to track it almost the whole way which was a surprise given the inconsistency of tracking with the USPS. I was away on a week long trip when it was delivered. The tracking updates stopped when it was listed as "out for delivery" and I was worried that it hadn't been left but the person getting our mail let me know it arrived. A week later and the tracking site was never updated to it having been delivered... not that I care but just letting you know how it worked for me.

The box was not damaged but the packaging in the box was substandard. It was about two thirds full of "popcorn" and the Cloud itself had one thin piece of bubble wrap around it. A far cry from the amazing packing of the three (one for a friend plus my two) Cloud packages I've received in the past. Fortunately the Cloud+ was fine. The box included 4 ELBs and 1 black wrist band with the VXL logo as shown in someone's post a few pages back.

Fit and Finish:
This Cloud+ seems to be new. It has a different serial number than the one I returned. That could be because the unit returned had two issues - the overheating and the broken bamboo. The fit and finish is better than any of the others I've received except for the fact that the two halves don't fit together as flush as they should near the bottom of one side. It allows a little of the red or green light to spill out but it's not much. I would say it's about 50% better/tighter than the photo that VaporEyes posted an hour or two ago. It's no big deal to me. The cord is shorter and attaches to the Cloud nice and snug. I did have to gently but firmly push the bamboo up a quarter inch so the HydraTubes sit properly. The ELBs seem to have a better fit and finish than the last round I received with the non-ticking Cloud. They also fit better and the ELBs from that other Cloud also fit better/easier in the Cloud+.

Usage:
The green light comes on in about 3 minutes. I have used it approximately 5 minutes after it was turned on or two minutes after the green light came on. It worked as well as my other units would work after they had been on for about 13 - 15 minutes so I am thrilled! With my original ticker Cloud I would usually set it at about 10 AM to get the tasty vapor I prefer. For the non-ticker that I have i would set it around 11:30 to 12:00 to get the same vapor. This Cloud+ has me back to the 10 AM setting. The Cloud+ itself definitely stays cooler to the touch after it has been on for an hour+ but the top of the Cloud where the metal has "HOT" stamped on it gets hotter than the other two Clouds I've used. Not a big deal to me but I will be careful about touching that area when the Plus has been on for a while.

Taste:
I think both of my Clouds produce the same excellent taste. I have not had both going at the same time to do an A/B test and probably won't bother.

Summary:
The fit of the metal could be better. The bamboo should not need adjusting by the user, it should be in the correct position before shipping. The packing materials should be better or at least the box should be filled to the max before shipping or VXL may run into some broken units arriving at their destinations. I assume all of these are manufacturing issues. I would guess that this unit was not worked on and shipped by VXL staff as they would, I assume, pay attention to all of these issues. Whoever is manufacturing and shipping may need more feedback from VXL. As I said, just a guess.

With the same great performance, much faster warm up, the longer time before the unit shuts itself off, the lack of ticking and the cooler case I am a big fan of the Cloud+. And then there's the longer warranty! Thanks VXL!!!

PS. I agree with everything mvapes said in his post above though he has way more experience with other vapes than I.

You should do a side by side; it's just fun. I am stoked to do another side by side with an original (non-ticking) Cloud versus the latest Cloud Plus (arriving in a couple days). I am curious if this new Cloud Plus will perform different.

brewer,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
You should do a side by side; it's just fun. I am stoked to do another side by side with an original (non-ticking) Cloud versus the latest Cloud Plus (arriving in a couple days). I am curious if this new Cloud Plus will perform different.

Yeah, maybe I will. I've got a friend coming over tonight who would love to be in on it.

VapeArts,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Now I'm getting jealous of you fuckers that have 2 clouds! I just told my wife I was buying a cloud plus - when she approached me with a crowbar I quickly screamed APRIL FOOLS...

My fucking life flashed in front of my eyes there - :uhoh:

I just got another cloud off eBay for $50 + free shipping.
It has some problems with it but I can send it in for an upgrade. "New" cloud+ for ~$250 in total I'm hoping! :freak:

Nebu

Post-Apocalyptic Renaissance Man
Here's my take on the cloud - First of all - unlike 90% percent of the other vapes on the market - its built out a metal and like a tank from what it seems. Secondly - they were the first to bring the absolute ALL GLASS AIR-PATH.

On point #1: a tank(?) with a very fragile (& non-warrantied) center. Unfortunately, I too have a failure to report.
5p4ysz.jpg

a1jd2.jpg

My client's "Bamboo" broke off right in front of me. :uhoh: No impact (that we know of), no stuck joint... it just seemed to be super-heated (at 10 o'clock setting) and, when the HydraTube was pulled to clear the chamber, what you see pictured above came right out with it. Anyone else have a non-impact induced bamboo breakage? For glass that is subject to thermal and torsional (perhaps slight bend/flex as well?) stress, I was surprise the glass was that thin.

On point #2; it's neither an absolute 100% glass-path, nor the first along those lines. The ELBs are 100% metal, 1.8gms or so with no glass alternative (of which I am aware). The Vriptech VHW with a glass-screen in the lower-bowl would be the first & only (that I know of) absolute, 100% glass-path vapor device.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
On point #1: a tank(?) with a very fragile (& non-warrantied) center. Unfortunately, I too have a failure to report.

My client's "Bamboo" broke off right in front of me. :uhoh: No impact (that we know of), no stuck joint... it just seemed to be super-heated (at 10 o'clock setting) and, when the HydraTube was pulled to clear the chamber, what you see pictured above came right out with it. Anyone else have a non-impact induced bamboo breakage? For glass that is subject to thermal and torsional (perhaps slight bend/flex as well?) stress, I was surprise the glass was that thin.

On point #2; it's neither an absolute 100% glass-path, nor the first along those lines. The ELBs are 100% metal, 1.8gms or so with no glass alternative (of which I am aware). The Vriptech VHW with a glass-screen in the lower-bowl would be the first & only (that I know of) absolute, 100% glass-path vapor device.

First - do you think I meant the glass was unbreakable? What your saying is like me commenting on how a fucking hummer is built like a tank but I got flat for no reason so in essence its really not built that well? Does Mobius glass suck because if you drop it it breaks? Come on - be for real, my comment is disagreed with because you watched a cloud glass stem break?

Second - you mention the screen - again, if I wanted to look at it your way I would have to say that the fucking weed in the path eliminates the ALL GLASS statement. I mean no disrespect towards anyone but I didn't need to be called out either!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The Vriptech VHW with a glass-screen in the lower-bowl would be the first & only (that I know of) absolute, 100% glass-path vapor device.

The vivape without the tubing is an all glass airpath. All you need are some angled adapters or something along those lines.

VV01_zpsdfaf350f.jpg

Mynameismud,
Reactions: mvapes

C-weed

just my luck....i finally muster up the courage to squeeze the trigger....vapexhale site down?....yaaaarg.

C-weed,
Reactions: lreindl
Top Bottom