Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . Order #260, does this mean I will own the 260th Cloud? . . .

It means yours is the 260th order that's been assigned, so you'll be approximatelythe 260th owner (some order numbers inevitably get voided or cancelled). It won't be the 260th Cloud produced though, that's usually indicated by the serial number, which btw, is now >800.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

ShadowLink12

Activist
I don't get that? Where are the other 540 clouds? lol

Hilarious.

Looks like the VXL crew is really on top of shipping. Previous posts seemed to suggest to me that the shipping process wasn't exactly speedy....but I ordered yesterday morning and the order was processed by UPS by the afternoon/evening. I live in WA and was blown away when I checked the tracking number and saw that my Cloud is arriving tomorrow! Good thing I didn't waste my money on 2 day shipping, arriving in 2 days anyway!

I think this is a good sign that the production/distribution kinks are starting to be worked out...but that is just pure conjecture.

I want to point out that I received the email with my UPS tracking number at 2:51 AM...that is a sign of a small company that really cares about its customers. Maybe they have this setup in an automated fashion, but if not that is some serious dedication to taking care of your customers.

oldiebutgoodie

Didn't the first clouds ship with order numbers over or near 100?

EDIT: Answered by IAmKrazy2.

Serial numbers almost always begin with 0001; sometimes the numbering includes pre-prod, sometimes not. So indications at least suggest that there are Cloud's awaiting shipment. I'm guessing that the damaged SWG shipment set back the schedule temporarily.

oldiebutgoodie,

m0j0h4nd

EDIT: Answered by IAmKrazy2.

Serial numbers almost always begin with 0001; sometimes the numbering includes pre-prod, sometimes not. So indications at least suggest that there are Cloud's awaiting shipment. I'm guessing that the damaged SWG shipment set back the schedule temporarily.

I'm referring to order numbers not serial numbers. Yes the serial numbers were low but I seem to recall someone posting their order number and serial number and that there was a large (~80-100) difference in them. I keep looking for the post but I can't find it now, figures.

m0j0h4nd,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
it happens every time...whether it's new, hard to get vapes or the latest toy my kid must have for x-mas.

stickstones,

Nosferatu

Someone didn't think the cloud was so revolutionary, thats how i got one. My good friend ordered in the first batch in 2010, but sold it to me because he didn't think it was worth 420$ total. He says the DBV will suffice for him for now, and I understand, because vapor is vapor, and the DBV can get you just as vaked. He still does plan to use my later peorder or get one someday, so it's not like he hated it, just needed some cash I take it. Well anyway point is it just shipped a few days ago and he ordered immediately when possible in 2010. So I'd say they are still finishing up the first orders, even though the serial number is 725. :lol:

Nosferatu,
Reactions: Venomous

oldiebutgoodie

. . . jackstraw62 has serial number 30 but his order number is 198. My point is that order number is a poor indication of the number of clouds produced.

And you're absolutely correct. That was my point, too. There is possibly more nuance here, though. For example, ordinarily order numbers are assigned upon order receipt (in this case, that would be when pre-order is converted to real order). However, when a company builds backlog (as VXC has), an order may not be assigned a number until it is released, which typically happens when inventory or scheduled inventory can be allocated to it. Whatever the method, the order numbers are usually an approximation of units shipped plus committed for shipment.

Serial numbers indicate the amount and sequence point of production. They do not necessarily correlate at all to order numbers. E.g., units may be pulled off the shelf in random order, not FIFO. Or, as in the case of the Cloud package where there are 2 finished goods that comprise the final product, i.e., the Cloud and the HT, it's conceivable that one item can be allocated while the other time is being waited for. This could have easily happened if availability of Clouds got ahead of HT availability, a possibility given the SGW damaged shipment.

From all this and other considerations, there are only two high probability conclusions: First, more Clouds have been produced than shipped. Second, conjecture about future order fulfillment, while harmless, is still pretty fruitless.

oldiebutgoodie,

THCMuscle

They put in their pre-order, they paid for it, they have a right to sell it. If they get $1200 for it I'll bow.

THCMuscle,

oldiebutgoodie

They put in their pre-order, they paid for it, they have a right to sell it. If they get $1200 for it I'll bow.

Jeez, if this were to happen a few times, it would just add to the perception of extraordinary value in the Cloud. That would be good for VXC (more demand) and we owners (appreciation!).

Maybe it's a conspiracy. Does SM have a cousin living in Torrance? :evil:

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

m0j0h4nd

Hell when I get my chance to order I'll post here and the first person who wants to pay me $1200 for it can have it. I won't even open the box. :D

m0j0h4nd,

SpartyOn

I'm pretty far down on the pre-order list and I would probably pay a premium for an unboxed Cloud on Craigslist to save myself the wait. $1200 isn't a premium though IMO it's kind of an insult to the hard work SM & crew put fourth to get that unit out quickly.

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Depends on the Hydratube he has too...

I'd pay 800-900 for a Sov Gridded Tree package right now due to it being no longer produced. but 1200 nah...could buy a cloud, 2 hydratubes, boromarket subscription, a sov stemline,

MarcellusWiley,

BossBrew

Metalhead
My impatience easily trumps my rationality. I wouldn't quite go as far as paying $1200 for the Cloud to avoid waiting my turn however.

I would have offered $700 though. :)

BossBrew,
Top Bottom