Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
ed7fa273cde32647e4b3c33b5f94cd81.gif

:peace:

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I'm not L7 and yes I'll be there. I was just messin' with Pappy. I'm looking forward to finally meeting up with him. I wanna see the "Pappy-10-count-while-you're-doing-a-pee-dance" dance in person.:nod:
:peace:

vaplexus

Yeah I dunno (devastator). i guess its an aesthetic thing. i think its too big, and rube goldberg. not elegant. subjective i know. there it is.

vaplexus,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Anyone else notice the blueish purple LED's in SM's Cloud? :D

Green is my favorite color...still jealous! hahahaha

Between Boobs green Cloud, and SM55s Blue Light Cloud, I'm torn!

Purpl3_Haz3,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
It's a FB video, not youtube. One interesting thing I noticed is that the Cloud has BLUE LED light in that vid. Acting like green. It's nice, I like it, it will make the vapor look even bluer. Oh but some of the subtitles were almost unreadable as they were light green on white background. OH and the devastator, the video was about it, right? :D It looks it funtions really good.

Seek,

SD_haze

Surprised the devastator video didn't have a hydratube hooked up to the male joint :ninja:
Also hoping it will be available as a single without the 2nd showerhead, a tri-filtering might be pushing it (dragon clouds being the exception)

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
We have already seen a lot of vids with HT's. They were showing news. Will there be any option in the future to get a dry mouthpiece with a HT+Cloud package?

Seek,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
i dont see any reason to fuse the heater to the bamboo though, its about radiating IR into the bamboo glass - fusing it would cause higher temperatures where the heater contacts the glass. better to have them separated by air and allow the IR to do the work. i hope its not really fused or they can give rationale for why its better.

I don't know your background, so it's possible that you're a genius engineer who specializes in this kind of design, but even if you are this sort of comment is poorly considered. The VXL team includes an engineer and they worked on this design for years before release. Why would you think that they just decided to fuse the heater without good reason? You haven't even seen a Cloud and you think you know better than the design team already?

elmomuzz

That just happened...
It would be extremely inefficient if the heat source was not in direct contact with the glass. It's gotta be tight whether "fused" or not.

elmomuzz,

mscm888

Does anyone know more details about when we will receive the Cloud Sleeve?

I thought we were getting an update soon.

mscm888,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
It would be extremely inefficient if the heat source was not in direct contact with the glass. It's gotta be tight whether "fused" or not.

It is tightly wound, in effect coiled, without spacing, around the mid-section up to the lip of the joint. The heater itself is threaded inside flexible conductor shielding. It is not fused to the glass.

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
I don't know about you but the part of the devastator that the cloud goes in would work real nice with my 18" stemless. any chance of buying just that piece:)

green2brown

So a couple days ago I posted that my Cloud had died after it failed to heat up anymore. Then the next day I thought all was fine when it miraculously started working again. Unfortunately, last night I had a new problem though: my Cloud is heating up, but not all the way and if the flashing green to red light indicates correctly then my Cloud is having new difficulty maintaining its temp. My standard setting has always been noon. This would result in a consistent golden ABV. Sometimes I would turn it up to 1 o'clock and the ABV would be a solid light-medium brown. Last night, however, after hitting at the 12 o'clock position there was A LOT of green left in my bowl. I then turned it up to 1 and while it extracted more, there was still quite a bit of green left. I also noticed last night several sort of light spasms where the Cloud would blink green-red without any rhythm - hell sometimes it would blink red multiple times and skip green all together - for anywhere from 15 second to a couple minutes at a time. So with my experiences over the past few days it appears my Cloud is slowly dying :(

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
About the "wiggle" (or lack thereof) . . . without getting into too much detail, the heater wraps the tube mid-section in such a way that the glass can withstand thermal effects (as Troi ref'd in an earlier post). That slack also permits to tube to move slightly up or down. If the tube doesn't move, it simply means that it is held tight by the wrap; push on it enough and it will. But the tube could disengage from the heater if moved too far; the stops at each end prevent that.

Also, the tube/heater is very tightly encased in a thermal jacket. If anyone has the urge to disassemble a working Cloud to see this, IMO there is a very high probability you won't be able to reassemble it and have it still working. Even if the Cloud is already non-functional, disassembling it can easily result in components being broken, particularly the tube/heater/jacket sub-assembly.

Thanks for the explanation! I ended up studying one of the pictures a member posted yesterday and realized the way the tube was held in place was because the outer "body" was actually more than one piece. It sits right before where the flare occurs, which totally makes sense and explains how the tube got in there... :ko:

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Does anyone know more details about when we will receive the Cloud Sleeve?

I thought we were getting an update soon.

Troi posted this on tuesday night.

Guys,

FYi -- The outer shell of the cloud getting hotter is not an indication of the behavior of the heater. Regardless of where the heater is throttling, after time passes the heat begins to bleed through, and the outer shell will get warmer, and warmer, This is why we have invested in the cloud sleev (which by the way I will have an update for everyone watiing on them later tonight!)

Purpl3_Haz3,

vapor 4 life

I can not find the devastator video. I do not have a FB account I clicked the link from twitter and it does not work for me. Link Please... On another note. Yesterday when everyone was talking about the inner glass bamboo being loose or not I was under the impression that mine would not move. I tugged on it a bit and it would not budge. but today my hydratube stuck to the clouds joint and boy did it move . Scared the shit out of me. It came up an inch and a half ( did not measure) . I have heard this is normal but It still stresses me out. I do not now why the hydratube stuck to the joint. I already baby this thing but know I will be even more careful. All this talk on this thread about broken clouds has me buggin out !!! Love my Cloud hate how fragile it seems.

vapor 4 life,
I am finally home to post pics so here goes.
I will try to break it down as simply as possible.
This is what would happen BEFORE the break, even though it is clearly broken in the pic. The weight of the hydratube sitting on the unit would push down the tube as far as possible, and this is what would happen when I tried to pull it off. I never pulled it out further than it needed to before it snapped.
get-attachment.aspx

This next picture shows my broken cloud, with the Bamboo removed.
get-attachment.aspx

Heres another pic of how the bamboo would slide out, before the joint snapped, even though the pic was taken after.
get-attachment.aspx

These next two show the angle pointing into the cloud, as you can see, the heater seems to be intact
get-attachment.aspx
get-attachment.aspx

As you can see, the tube does indeed come all the way out, but the unit still works. Im not claiming that the breaking of the joint was vapexhales fault, but I do not believe it should have been sliding like that after normal, careful use. I do not even see how the joint snapping would cause this to slide out, because wouldnt it get pushed in from a hit too hard, instead of having the bamboo slide out. Also, to clarify for SM55, when I submitted my ticket I didnt mention the sliding of the tube because I read in this thread, a post from a VXL rep., that the play should be normal. It is quite obvious now that this is not the play they were talking about, but I mistakenly thought it was, since the unit still worked fine.
I don't see any pictures? Is it just me?

Top Bottom