Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Johny, similar situation here. I have been using my Pax and EQ but it feels like I'm on a tbreak LOL. I have IBS which bad pain so i cant stop using. I can't wait to get the Cloud again. I'm hoping it'll be like first time again. Here's to hoping our replacements come soon :-). I miss my Cloud.

I would buy all the HydraTubes if I had the money LOL :-)

newVaper420,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I think VXH should consider a speedy warranty option. Maybe for an additional fee you could do an express warranty claim. I know if I only had one cloud and I had to send it in I would pay any amount of money to get it turned around in 24 hours and sent back using next day.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I think VXH should consider a speedy warranty option. Maybe for an additional fee you could do an express warranty claim. I know if I only had one cloud and I had to send it in I would pay any amount of money to get it turned around in 24 hours and sent back using next day.

Just to be clear, returns are handled based on how much inventory we have in stock. When there is a good unit to send out as a replacement, they go out immediately. When there is a delay in getting a unit back to someone, almost 100% of the time it is due to inventory issues. We understand how much you guys love the Cloud (we do too!) which is why we work our fastest to get you a replacement unit.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Just to be clear, returns are handled based on how much inventory we have in stock. When there is a good unit to send out as a replacement, they go out immediately. When there is a delay in getting a unit back to someone, almost 100% of the time it is due to inventory issues. We understand how much you guys love the Cloud (we do too!) which is why we work our fastest to get you a replacement unit.

I figured you are currently limited by inventory. I mean more in the future... once you guys get ahead of the game inventory wise. I know I would be willing to pay the extra to have overnight shipping back to me.

I think the best option for people who are very dependent on their device is to order a 2nd cloud. That way you have a back up encase you do need to file a warranty claim.

Pappy

shmaporist
:myday:
Just like Apple!

green2brown

what happened? Did you drop it or did you get water in the tube?

Nothing. I hit the switch to try turning it on and the light turned red but it failed to heat up or make its typical clicking noise. I had just used it a couple hours prior too. I guess it had just had enough. Hopefully I'll get a replacement quickly.

green2brown,
Reactions: VapeArts

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
Is there any warranty at all beyond the one year period? Also, what is the life expectancy?

Jeppy,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Whew, well at least it is something warranty should cover. Never good news to hear a Cloud has died. I'm back to 10 o'clock vaping for a while, to see how consistent my Cloud behaves. I started getting inconsistent results when I was around 3 o'clock, extremely dark ABV.

jambandphan03,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
That is probably the oldest Cloud that died this way. I don't wish anyone this happening after 12 months, hope VXL will find cause of this and prevent it in the future.

Seek,
Today is a sad day. My Cloud of 8 months passed away. A moment of silence please... and a replacement.

Edit: Someone more tech savvy than me and with absolutely nothing to do should lay either of these tracks over a photo/video montage of peeps clouding. :tup: Actually, almost any song would work with a clouding montage...

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Anybody aware when Vapexhale plans to unveil the european version of the Cloud ?

Why are they ignoring a whole demographic from where they could get decent sales and recognition for future. I bet its not that hard to just change the power supply part in the unit.

I strongly don't think investing this device and using a voltage converter is an ideal solution for any of us people not located in the united states.

audiodelic,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Anybody aware when Vapexhale plans to unveil the european version of the Cloud ?
Early 2013 is the closest estimate we've been given AFAIK
Why are they ignoring a whole demographic from where they could get decent sales and recognition for future. I bet its not that hard to just change the power supply part in the unit.
They aren't ignoring a whole demographic, they are working on it right now...
The cloud is seriously reliant upon it's power source, it may not be hard in general to swap x power supply for Y power supply that is dual voltage, but the cloud is a high power device, and was designed around using a 110v supply...
I strongly don't think investing this device and using a voltage converter is an ideal solution for any of us people not located in the united states.
I believe that is specifically a situation where the warranty would be voided, VXC have said not to use it with an inverter, because a power spike/other irregularity in the power will fry the unit...

EDIT:
SliM's post summed it up quite nicely too. :)

Frederick McGuire,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

It has been addressed several times before on this thread by the manufacturer. It is not as simple as changing the internals and the plug to adjust to a different voltage. They have to jump through some hoops before they are allowed to sell in certain parts of the world. For example the CE certification indicates to governmental officials that the product may be legally placed on the market in their country. They are still in the process of working all of this out. Wiki Entru about CE

...Regarding the international unit. There are certain things like CE certification that is slowing us down. Doing business in other countries is not as straight forward as just opening up shop and shipping to those locations. There are local legalities that have to be taken into consideration and given how our hands are currently full with the US launch, we need to get all of our ducks in row here first before we do international.

and

There are few things that we are still working out before going for CE certification but we are getting close. Based on all the things that have gone wrong with the US launch, we are making sure that we have all the riddles solved before attempting to launch internationally. We are consulting with some advisors with international experience so we can get it right on the first try.

and

·International versions. Trust me, no one would like to begin selling into the market beyond US borders more than I would. But right now we are all working 16-18 hour days between our day jobs and VapeXhale. And as has been noted, you’ve got to get the basics running flawlessly before adding more variables to the proverbial equation.
·Availability. We are making Clouds and glass as quickly as we can. Our contract manufacturers are running at capacity. This, unfortunately, is not sufficient to meet demand. However, we have had a couple meetings with them and they have committed to ramping their capacity to match demand. And just as importantly, forecasted demand over the next 12 months.

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Nothing. I hit the switch to try turning it on and the light turned red but it failed to heat up or make its typical clicking noise. I had just used it a couple hours prior too. I guess it had just had enough. Hopefully I'll get a replacement quickly.

Was your cloud chilly? I have to keep mine in a storage shed. It gets cold at night. My cloud won't click or heat when it's cold. It just flashes red/green. Once I manage to get it warmed up it works normally. Just a thought...

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
^^ that's a good thought ... my vape won't start if it is below 50°F, either ... something in the pwm electronics -- could be happening to the Cloud, too.

Hippie Dickie,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@audiodelic :The cloud works on a current transformer...
I think I had that first discussion with SM about CE markage, April this year, face to face!

It is a long process and I understand the delays and the wish to do it "right" by VXL Team. Hope we will se a CE Cloud by 2013!

FLskwat,

green2brown

Was your cloud chilly? I have to keep mine in a storage shed. It gets cold at night. My cloud won't click or heat when it's cold. It just flashes red/green. Once I manage to get it warmed up it works normally. Just a thought...

The Cloud wasn't any colder than usual at start up. It was in the low 60s outside so I assume similar inside. I just turned it on again and this time it's clicking so I'll see if it heats up. I think I'll still send it in though in case last night was the start of its death. I can't risk having nights where my vape just won't heat up, especially since this is the only vape that can successfully medicate me without going through a million bowls.

Your Highness

Cannasseur
The Cloud wasn't any colder than usual at start up. It was in the low 60s outside so I assume similar inside. I just turned it on again and this time it's clicking so I'll see if it heats up. I think I'll still send it in though in case last night was the start of its death. I can't risk having nights where my vape just won't heat up, especially since this is the only vape that can successfully medicate me without going through a million bowls.

Looking at your line up I think you have enough standbys to hold you over in the event of the unspeakable... :whoa:

bassplayer

I wonder if I have a Cloud that doesn't stop heating up. If I keep it at 10 o'clock the outer casing will be a little warm when the light turns green. If I leave it for another 10-15min the outer casing will get significantly warmer and the inner core will be quite hot, I'll borrow a infrared thermometer to test how hot it is getting...

bassplayer,

SD_haze

I wonder if I have a Cloud that doesn't stop heating up. If I keep it at 10 o'clock the outer casing will be a little warm when the light turns green. If I leave it for another 10-15min the outer casing will get significantly warmer and the inner core will be quite hot, I'll borrow a infrared thermometer to test how hot it is getting...
No that's 100% normal, if it didn't stop heating it would get searing hot and never turn green.

You could test it at a hotter temp to be totally sure but the reports of the clouds that just continue heating stay red the whole time

Top Bottom