Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Ripbongs420

vapiff
I was lookin at one of those at ATL, someone told me on here it would create more drag or lessen the quality of the hit from the piece using that adapter. Not sure if it's totally true or not.

Thx

I can say from my experience it does cause more drag, but does not lower the quality of the hit. That is unless drag is a factor in your quality of the hit. I have used my cloud with a 14-18 adapter because my 18-18 downstem broke :doh: and yes it definitely hits much less restricted without a reducer. :2c:

The discount code for High Times was so that we could track how much traffic we get from the magazine.

We'll come up with something different and cooler for the FC crowd... give us a couple of days to discuss internally and we'll announce it on Twitter (hint, hint follow us :D ) -- followed by announcing it here.

@JJ420 - noticed you're in Sac-town, if you're ever in the SF area... PM me!

Thanks SM! You have done so much for us already, don't take it too far ;) (unless you really want to, I'm not going to argue with the big guy :p ). Congrats to you on the High Times ad. People will really start to know what the hell i'm raving about all the time. I believe I have gotten a lot of "What the hell is wrong with this kid??:hmm: " and "The fuck's he going on about??" Maybe if I mention High Times they will know I'm not making this whole "VapeXhale Cloud" thing up :p

And congrats SliM on getting your work in such a huge magazine! Awesome! :tup:

PS. SM, someone earlier mentioned making their own custom heat insulator to put around the cloud. The only complaint my friends really give me is how hot the unit gets after long use, so I am interested in figuring something out. Of course whatever I choose if I get an OK will be completely safe and not damage the unit in any way, but I will absolutely not do a single thing until I get a confirmation from you that this will not void my warranty. I hope others are as wise. I believe this is good for everyone to know as the idea has been thrown around some.

I am thinking a few slivers of wood as rises and wrapping hemp rope to give an area to hold (of course everything held together with slight pressure, no glues or tape). I think this would absolutely be safe and not cause any damage while being very effective and reasonably pretty looking. Please let me know, thanks!! :)

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Is there any way the glass joint can move from removing ELBs? I use the cloud then stare at the joint to figure if it's straight, but I'm too messed up to tell, LOL. Im just sweating the small stuff.

I was lookin at one of those at ATL, someone told me on here it would create more drag or lessen the quality of the hit from the piece using that adapter. Not sure if it's totally true or not.

With all due respect Pappy, did you know why he was asking about the reducer? So you're saying if that guy has a tube with an 18mm joint and puts a reducer in it to make it 14mm so he can buy a 14mm male to 18mm female GonG adapter (instead of wait for an 18mm male to 18mm female angled adapter to come back in stock), it won't create any drag at all? I'm sorry but I find that extremely hard to believe... I don't personally know because I would never do something that ridiculous, but common sense tells me it would create some drag. :2c: :peace:

nugghuffer,

Jurassic

The discount code for High Times was so that we could track how much traffic we get from the magazine.

We'll come up with something different and cooler for the FC crowd... give us a couple of days to discuss internally and we'll announce it on Twitter (hint, hint follow us :D ) -- followed by announcing it here.

@JJ420 - noticed you're in Sac-town, if you're ever in the SF area... PM me!

I KNEW you were going to offer us FC'ers something similar or better. After reading Purple Haze's posts I was kind of wondering WTF? But then you come through with this post! Kudos SM and VXL... this ride is just about to start and get really, really awesome. Congrats on the High Times ad!

I can't wait to see your future plans, work, and website.....God speed! I'm %^&#%^@ stoked!!!!

Jurassic,
Reactions: turk

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
With all due respect Pappy, did you know why he was asking about the reducer? So you're saying if that guy has a tube with an 18mm joint and puts a reducer in it to make it 14mm so he can buy a 14mm male to 18mm female GonG adapter (instead of wait for an 18mm male to 18mm female angled adapter to come back in stock), it won't create any drag at all? I'm sorry but I find that extremely hard to believe... I don't personally know because I would never do something that ridiculous, but common sense tells me it would create some drag. :2c: :peace:
I use a reducer all the time and I've never noticed any additional drag. I'm sure there could be some, but it's not noticable to me in the pieces I use, so I would think it's minimal.
:2c:

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i use a reducer too sometimes, drag is minimal, barely noticeable really. its not like its running through another perc or added water.

Pappy

shmaporist
I thought he was talking about an adapter, which doesn't appreciably increase drag. Reducers are another story, they can increase drag bc they restrict the airway. I have no real use for reducers.

SnidelyWhiplash

CLOUD VS. UPSIDOWN HERBALAIRE SMACKDOWN:

So I discovered the upsidown herbalair (that fits naturally perfectly into any 18mm hole) and have been taking epicily huge rips from my US tube and my Smiley origonal shaolin bubbler for the last half year. Big DUH that they dont mention that style on the site. Anyway, Teflon is for bitches and so my curiosity has been peaking about performance of the cloud - just for health alone. Herbalire hits soooooooooo hard when you use it this way...

So, today, I finally hit the cloud.

Conclusions: Hmmmm. Shit, hard to say (its not mine so learning curve is out the door). Well, the herbalaire hits harder faster and is FUCKING UNBREAKABLE. Those obnoxious capitol letters were not big enough to get how true that is across. You could play baseball with the fucking thing and it will still hit as hard as the cloud.

BUT

The cloud just feels healthier. Period. Clean clean clean. No Teflon. A completely different beast. I think I am going to sell my Smiley so I can buy one without my wife leaving me, hahaha. Arr. I wish I could buy it without the tube, my US tube will hit better without a doubt.

Opinons from anyone that has both and hits the herbalaire upsidown cloud stylie?

SnidelyWhiplash,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I medicated with an HA for about a year and a half, daily, connected to my diffuser via whip. Towards the end, I was putting in some long back to back sessions, and satisfaction was declining, thus my semi forced foray into 710 land, which I wasn't crazy about. No access and I am a flower guy. The Cloud has completely negated the need for this IMO and is perfect for someone who needs medical grade relief using flowers. The Cloud is absolutely superior to the HA in every category that matters, especially vapor density, which is where I think the Cloud's continued ability to satisfy comes from (I'm probably wrong). I believe darkrom has extensive experience with both as well. Maybe we will get lucky and hear from him soon :)

skyline

Opinons from anyone that has both and hits the herbalaire upsidown cloud stylie?

Before I got my Cloud, I used to exclusively use my Herbalaire in Vape-bong mode upside down sticking into a 14mm downstem. You're right, it definitely is unbreakable compared to the Cloud, and it gives thick huge hits when heated up properly. For me though, the Cloud actually hits harder and faster because there is just so much more airflow, allowing you to extract everything from the bowl in fewer hits. I've gotten more blasted off of my Cloud than off of any other method (including smoking bongs). Maybe you had the Cloud turned on too low of a temp? Taste-wise, I can't detect a major difference but the Cloud does taste better - maybe my herb is just too crappy to tell.

I think the HA is way underrated - I think that it's the best, most versatile vape in it's price range. It's small, can do all the major modes of vaping with no modification, is extremely durable, extracts great and creates the most consistent colored ABV out of any vape (and without stirring too!), and is impossible to combust with.

But the Cloud can create much bigger, denser clouds in fewer hits and can extract even more than the HA can, since it reaches higher temperatures. In fact I've taken ABV from my HA and was able to extract even more with the Cloud - something I didn't think was possible with how evenly dark chocolate brown the HA ABV is. Plus, the Cloud just streamlines the whole vape-bonging method in an elegant and cool way. I no longer have to grab my hefty 9mm HVY bong, set that up with the downstem and water, then set up my HA. The Cloud makes it all much easier and faster. The whole EZ load bowl system is ingenious and way better than the HAs crucibles - it makes loading bowl after bowl quick as hell and fun.

If you can get the money, go for the Cloud and you won't be disappointed. The HA is going to give you a lot of piece of mind as a backup with it's durability, but the Cloud will take you to new heights you didn't think were possible.

Jurassic

Not yet, still waiting on stock but I just find that incredible. I assume you would set to max on the dial for such a small amount?

Jurassic,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
35% full is about what, .05g? If that gets you zapped, you are one lucky low tolerance caveman! lol

I'm unsure how much that is as I don't use a scale, but I got 3 big-ass rips at the noon setting. Gave it a quick stir and took another rip. All very tasty rips. No need for max dial setting.

What can I say? I'm just a lowly unfrozen caveman, getting zooted off my crazy vaporization device.

Vapinghole,

Sir vapes a lot

Making smokers jealous
A new thing I tried is kief or dry ice hash. You have to fill an elb about a quarter of the way but if you have that much. Good God this is amazing. At 12 you can get about 5 or 6 hits. Is there an oil elb in r&d yet. That would be the only thing it doesn't have. A way Rio vape oil by itself.

Sir vapes a lot,

Marvc

A new thing I tried is kief or dry ice hash. You have to fill an elb about a quarter of the way but if you have that much. Good God this is amazing. At 12 you can get about 5 or 6 hits. Is there an oil elb in r&d yet. That would be the only thing it doesn't have. A way Rio vape oil by itself.

I'm trying to stay conscious after hitting my cloud. Thx. Hahaha. That would knock me out I can't imagine getting higher than I already am.

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I have not but I used cotton balls in the IO eons ago for giggles. It is recommended that you get organic cotton balls as they haven't been treated chemically ;)

Top Bottom