Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'd rather not talk about a sale in a non classifieds thread. Trying to be on my best behavior haha.

darkrom,

Jurassic

Is there an approximate ETA for 1. Stock and 2. ELB's that fit properly? I'm actually quite surprised that VXL is advertising in High Times when they presently have zero stock? Unless they are going to be getting a massive influx shortly?

Also, I noticed there is a discount code in the high times ad, but is there a FC discount too?

Jurassic,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Not to speak on behalf of VXL, but after reading all of these posts about "where's my discount?" "Why can someone in the general public order before me?" etc....Please remember folks, if you were here (FC) for the past few years, you should have got your discount, a cloud for $350. If you were here when that was offered, and were silly enough to miss out ( I was :lol: ) there were still other chances to catch a break...like being an early adopter, and getting to have a cloud before the people just now hearing about it in HT. Also, just because your here, and a FC member, doesn't entitle you to free or discounted shit all the time. It just so happens, that the majority of the community is nice and friendly, and like minded, so vapor related companies are often friendly and extend discounts/freebies/contests/early heads up/exclusive info to us. This doesn't mean when they happen to be friendly to other people, you can or should get offended. Being an FC member does not entitle one to get the benefit of every, or any situation.

The face the VXL has been here, from day one, and continued to be as transparent as possible, if not more so in some cases, is amazing, and should be taken as the biggest 'discount' you can get.

This post isn't directed at any one person in particular, more so at the general attitude that this thread seems to be taking on. Myself included, until I got my cloud, I was a little uppity, feeling let down by VXL here and there. The thing is, we are lucky for what we have, and we shouldn't complain when they don't go the extra mile every damn time, because they usually do...

Bottom line, VXL did everything they have done, for the betterment of the Vaporization industry, what have you, for US, the end user of the product. Sure, they make profit (maybe they do now, maybe they haven't started turning profit, idk.) but they have invested a LOT into this, and it wasn't out of selfish reasons. We need to be grateful and be supportive towards VXL...not whiny and what not.

Hope I'm not out of line, just getting bad vibes in this thread. VXL has put up with a lot of crap from us, we should respect.

Edit* to answer Jurassic, Stock, if you read through the past handful or two of pages, will be filled sometime this month. As it is filled, they'll notify you here, and by email if you click the notify me button on the specific package you want...simple enough?

As for the ELBs, VXL has stated that they will notify users when they are available, as they have an idea which units were shipped with the "tight fitting" ELBs.

Jurassic

Thanks Purple, I guess it's just a hope and wait game then. I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't get the tight fitting elb's.

I also politely disagree with the main part of your post. Some weren't lucky enough to get in on the pre-order $350 price, and there is also a dark side to being an early adopter. If they are advertising in HT and have a discount code, after reading all the posts here over the last 2 years, i'm pretty sure that the FC members that have support VXL deserve at least the same.

Jurassic,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
You're welcome. If you weren't lucky enough to get in, then they extended the deadline for the $350 price. If you still missed it, than tough luck. Like I said, FC users aren't entitled to anything more than anyone else, what would make anyone think that? It's cool that companies often extend us an extra thing here and there, like VXC has by offering that introductory price, among the overall transparency, and openness to the community (which is anyone who is or ISN'T registered to this site.)

VXL didn't ask everyone here to support them, or anything. I can understand how it feels bad when a company who you have followed since before it was a company, is no longer in a close knit relationship with you and the community you're in...part of business. Once again, you were never promised anything, the fact that you got to see all of this, and got a chance to get the thing at a huge discount, etc, should be enough; because you weren't promised anything or entitled to anything in the first place.

Just my opinion. I think instead of being upset that EVERYONE gets a chance at something, with a discount, instead of just us, is a bit messed up...but just my :2c: :\

Purpl3_Haz3,

Jurassic

I hear ya man...I do. They don't owe us anything forsure, but all i'm saying is that I think it would have been a little bit more respectful to our community to at least offer the same. Not everyone has been following for the last 2 years...and someone that never heard of VXL picks up the high times and gets the discount on the elb's which members here paid $20 for? I dunno, i'll just chock it up to they haven't informed us yet.

EDIT: Curious, VXL mentioned a new website and alot of really exciting things to come (read HT's). Not to sound too eager, but alot of us are excited...for some reason I read weeks, but does anyone know a ballpark timeframe? Just don't wanna go and buy a HT now and then regret it when something even better comes out.

Jurassic,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
How does this unit stack up against the Volcano Digital and Vaperfection ViVape? I know they're different things with different uses, for different sets of enthusiasts, but the Volcano Digital and VXC would seem to be the most logical comparison at the moment.

Are you new to vaping? How doeas the Cloud even remotely compare to (bags) Volcano or (whip)ViVape? The closest would be either the Life Saber Vape from 7th Floor or the Vriptech heat wand. They are both able/ meant to be used with water pipes. The taste of the LSV and VHW, have by some accounts, better taste than the VXC. There is a post from when Clouds 1st started shipping where a former Vrip owner claims VHW beats Cloud taste wise in their opinion. I can say my LSV does have a better taste than my VXC, BUT, it is not that big of a difference. I can generate as big of a rip with my LSV as I can with my Cloud. I honestly dont see where the all glass airpath of the Cloud beats the "soldering iron" airpath of the LSV. Other than a possible health concern, maybe.
The main feedback I got from my friends who have used the LSV with me for the last year or so is how "cool" the hydratubes are to use. It kind of streamlined their vaping experience for lack of a better term. Instead of holding the LSV and holding onto water pipe, they can just pop the hydratube on top of Cloud and go. Dont get me wrong, they like the taste, big rips, etc., but nothing drastically different than what they could produce from the LSV. I love my Cloud(and my LSV), but I dont think when compared to my extensive use of the LSV(and limited Vriptech use), that it is some "game changer". I am not getting more "wasted" with my Cloud than I was with LSV. Those both work WAY better than my arizer solo, mflb,(retired) arizer extreme, and(retired) Da buddah though. I have used my LSV with various glass water pieces, so for me the "moisture conditioning" aspect of the Cloud, wasn't some big epiphany.
So after jumping in to question how someone could claim that 2 very different vapes(the Volcano and ViVape)are "the most logical comparison at the moment" to the Cloud, it would seem I've done a mini comparison to the 2 vapes actually being deserving.

Love my Cloud, glad I have it! But without the pre-order dicount price on the Cloud($350), and because I already had the LSV, I wouldnt of upgraded just yet. Thats because I truly love how my LSV performs.
I feel I can get at a minimum, equal performance from my LSV compared to my Cloud, just maybe not as easily when you factor in the water pipe adapter for the LSV, the fact you kinda need both hands for the LSV with a water pipe, and also more glass to clean and not break.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Here is a question. I've been using it at 1:00 o'clock and I've been getting dark dark ABV, looks like coffee or something but it's not black. Is that ABV still good for cooking? I've noticed my Extreme Q does not produce anywhere near as dark and I've been throwing the Clouds ABV in the same jar :-)

newVaper420,

Jurassic

Silver420, I would also like to add the Herborizer to the mix for a clean airpath vape that requires glass, oh and Verdamper. Those are closer comparables than a bag or whip vape forsure, as is the VHW and LSV.

I knew the VHW had alot of love, and was the "gold standard" before the Cloud came out IMHO, but I had no idea the LSV was such a contender in the loop.

Curious though regarding taste.... if you keep the glass in the equation, but take out the water... does the VHW still provide better taste? And also how IS the taste better? Just more pronounced?

Here is a question. I've been using it at 1:00 o'clock and I've been getting dark dark ABV, looks like coffee or something but it's not black. Is that ABV still good for cooking? I've noticed my Extreme Q does not produce anywhere near as dark and I've been throwing the Clouds ABV in the same jar :-)

Only one way to fine out ;-) Personally, I discard all my ABV.... gross vile substance IMO! lol

Jurassic,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I cook with mine. I use it along with trim for baked goods. I usually make butter or oil. The ABV still has many active compounds (CBD) and is quite good for nighttime medication.

Marvc

I was lookin at one of those at ATL, someone told me on here it would create more drag or lessen the quality of the hit from the piece using that adapter. Not sure if it's totally true or not.

Hey silver420 good comparisons, but I'd say if there's a possible health concern compared to all glass pathway, then that sounds like a pretty big deal to me not something to just gloss over as ehh its possible but doesn't really matter.

Thx

Marvc,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization

I don't use my ABV in cooking, but I have used it for smoothies (terrific), tincture, and straight (in capsules). Mine is very dark brown because I took a suggestion here to re-grind (I just use my fingers), which gives me an additional 1 or 2 hits (not great tasting; for bedtime). Even so, as Tstat posted, there are definitely still CBD actives. Although only ABV, it can still knock you on your ass.

You can get quite dark ABV with the Q as well if you keep stirring it. IME it tends to get rather harsh by that point, though.

oldiebutgoodie,

Marvc

I cook with mine. I use it along with trim for baked goods. I usually make butter or oil. The ABV still has many active compounds (CBD) and is quite good for nighttime medication.

I was just about to mention the same thing. I make a sweet sweet glycerin tincture! Very lovely taste and great body high. Made butter before too. You just need more material when using ABV, but works great. Save that ABV man stretch it out. Lol

Marvc,
I was lookin at one of those at ATL, someone told me on here it would create more drag or lessen the quality of the hit from the piece using that adapter. Not sure if it's totally true or not.

Using a 14mm reducer on a tube with an 18mm GonG joint will add some amount of drag, it's common sense. You're taking away 4mm of unobstructed airflow. There's a reason glass companies and VXC make 18mm joints: to get bigger, better hits and for maximum airflow. I tried using a 14mm reducer so I could hit my WDZ & Solo through my piece and it was like trying to suck a golf ball through a straw. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything, but IMO using the Cloud with a tube that has an 18mm-sized joint is the best way to use it, with no reducer.

nugghuffer,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Also if you want to bring a template of the cloud you can take a tracing around the unit and put an X right where the glass down stem is. Then you can cut the whole thing out and align the X with the down stem of the pipe you want to test. You should be able to tell using the cutout if it will fit. This saves you from having to bring your cloud with you to the shop.

Or you could just bring your pluck foam cutout :D

pluckfoam.jpg

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I've been trying to determine how the "leaking" HT happens, and I think I may have discovered a couple of possible reasons. Probably those who've been using the Cloud for a while now have found these too, but given all the new owners it might be good to post fwiw . . . (note that this was with the hydracirc, idk about the trees) . . .

First, when filling the HT it is possible for the the interior chamber in the lower section to fill while the outer chamber does not, with additional water then accumulating in the upper section. This appears to be caused by an air pocket if the HT is filled too quickly. Eventually gravity will force the upper section water to displace the air and if as a result the lower section's inside chamber fills all the way up, any additional water will flow down the airway; this could account for overnight leaks some have had. But hitting the HT will immediately equalize the water levels; again, if there is too much the water will flow down the airway. In other words, it's possible to fill the HT watching the water level at the perc and think you're OK, only to have water flowing down into the Cloud with your first hit. I now check the water chambers first, hit the tube, double-check there is no water in the joint, before putting atop the Cloud.

Second, it's possible to cause a leak when emptying the HT. When the tube is tilted bottom up, some water is held in the top of the lower section's inner chamber. After turning the tube back upright, that trapped water can flow down the airway. It seems this is mostly likely to happen when the tube is emptied/turned upright too quickly and/or the water level is higher above the perc (esp if emptied slowly). I encountered this when changing the water during an extended session, which I now recommend not doing.

IMO the hydracirc is terrific. I don't know if design tweaks would prevent the above, but regardless the user is safe as long as a little precaution is taken. Also probably not a good idea to be playing with the water while obliterated. :freak:

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I've been trying to determine how the "leaking" HT happens, and I think I may have discovered a couple of possible reasons. Probably those who've been using the Cloud for a while now have found these too, but given all the new owners it might be good to post fwiw . . . (note that this was with the hydracirc, idk about the trees) . . .

First, when filling the HT it is possible for the the interior chamber in the lower section to fill while the outer chamber does not, with additional water then accumulating in the upper section. This appears to be caused by an air pocket if the HT is filled too quickly. Eventually gravity will force the upper section water to displace the air and if as a result the lower section's inside chamber fills all the way up, additional water will flow down the airway; this could account for overnight leaks some have had. But hitting the HT will immediately equalize the water levels; again if there is too much the water will flow down the airway. In other words, it's possible to fill the HT watching the water level at the perc and think you're OK, only to have water flowing down into the Cloud with your first hit. I now check the water chambers first, hit the tube, double-check there is no water in the joint, before putting atop the Cloud.

Second, it's possible to cause a leak when emptying the HT. When the tube is tilted up, some water is held in the top of the lower section's inner chamber. After turning the tube back upright, that trapped water can flow down the airway. It seems this is mostly likely to happen when the tube is emptied/turned upright too quickly and/or the water level is higher above the perc (esp if emptied slowly). I encountered this when changing the water during an extended session, which I now recommend not doing.

IMO the hydracirc is terrific. I don't know if design tweaks would prevent the above, but regardless the user is safe as long as a little precaution is taken. Also probably not a good idea to be playing with the water while obliterated. :freak:

This is a very good point. One way to prevent any possibility of leaking is to only fill the water level to right above the slits. The ONLY time the HydraTubes will leak is if the water level goes above the internal upstem within the perc. I have also observed that if someone is leaning back and not using the HydraTube level, there is potential for water to drip into the upstem and down the glass chamber of the Cloud. If you use the HydraTube upright and the water level is below the upstem, there should be no leaky HydraTubes with this methodology. I hope this helps.

Jurassic

SM55, can you clarify the discount code in the High Times ad? I'm assuming the 4 free elb's, are on a subsequent order, not the first order for the Cloud? I'm just waiting patiently for the proper fitting elb's, and ofcourse stock :)

Jurassic,

SD_haze

I feel like there should be a separate section included with the VXL instructions:
Something along the lines of "How to avoid possible leaks in the hydratube"

-The two points oldie brings up, airpockets during fillup & to be careful when emptying out the water
-Tilted hydratube is a great way to get a leak, especially with a high water level
And then a final disclamer that if you're using the cloud with new people and you want to use the hydratube, its best to set the water level as low as possible (just above the slits) because newbs seem to love to clear the hydratube at an angle

Seems like this extra tidbit of info included with the cloud could save the VXL warranty department some grief and $$ down the road. Especially if we'll be adding a bunch of High Times goonies to the cloud ranks :lol:

StickyShisha2

I got a chance to try out the Cloud for the weekend (no HT).

used it with a few different bubblers and larger tubes. i liked it best on my oil rig bubbler.

what surprised me was how evenly the herb vapes even when pulling into a large tube. not slowly milking it but pulling like a smoker and it keeps up.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I feel like there should be a separate section included with the VXL instructions:
Something along the lines of "How to avoid possible leaks in the hydratube"

-The two points oldie brings up, airpockets during fillup & to be careful when emptying out the water
-Tilted hydratube is a great way to get a leak, especially with a high water level
And then a final disclamer that if you're using the cloud with new people and you want to use the hydratube, its best to set the water level as low as possible (just above the slits) because newbs seem to love to clear the hydratube at an angle

Seems like this extra tidbit of info included with the cloud could save the VXL warranty department some grief and $$ down the road. Especially if we'll be adding a bunch of High Times goonies to the cloud ranks :lol:

You will see these suggestions shortly on our website and new collateral :)

Thanks SD Haze... if you're ever in NorCal, you know how to get a hold of me

stonemonkey55,

turk

turk
,,,,cleaned my HT, after heavy weekend usage....pretty simple after solidifying big enough plastic bag...but I will get many uses out of it....

turk,

JJ420

chillin on the couch, sippin off a 22 ounce.
I have used my LSV with various glass water pieces, so for me the "moisture conditioning" aspect of the Cloud, wasn't some big epiphany.
So after jumping in to question how someone could claim that 2 very different vapes(the Volcano and ViVape)are "the most logical comparison at the moment" to the Cloud, it would seem I've done a mini comparison to the 2 vapes actually being deserving.

You're right, my comparisons may have been off. And yes I am new to vaping, though not to glass collecting. Was going to get the VHW 2.0 or whatever it is about a year ago, but ultimately decided against it for whatever reason at the time. I'd been following the Cloud's development both on here and Glass District for quite a long while, and was actually one of the more vocal critics of VapeXhale (not because of the product, but for the uber-delayed launch and hype). Well all I can say is that it's a solid product and works beautifully with every one of my bongs as long as the can doesn't touch. I just happened to check their website a week or two ago and saw that they happened to be in stock, and remembering the whole story and 200 page thread about it - I pounced. Did not even hesitate!

JJ420,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
SM55, can you clarify the discount code in the High Times ad? I'm assuming the 4 free elb's, are on a subsequent order, not the first order for the Cloud? I'm just waiting patiently for the proper fitting elb's, and ofcourse stock :)

The discount code for High Times was so that we could track how much traffic we get from the magazine.

We'll come up with something different and cooler for the FC crowd... give us a couple of days to discuss internally and we'll announce it on Twitter (hint, hint follow us :D ) -- followed by announcing it here.

@JJ420 - noticed you're in Sac-town, if you're ever in the SF area... PM me!

Top Bottom