Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Thanks oldie, should I warm the unit up to clean that part? I'm not having much luck but i don't have the resin baked on like you did...it's just mostly yellow/amber in colour, and THAT's what I can't get crystal clear again . . .

I didn't warm it up; I was alternating between pick and iso so no heat allowed. I'm not sure if that would have helped. The tiny specks may have smeared rather than coming loose. You could try a stronger solvent, starting with acetone. But I don't know if it's possible to bake the resin into the glass.

. . . but admitting in a mistake is not a hard thing to do...

VXL doesn't see it as a mistake. For VXL it was a judgment call based upon their evaluation of the technical risks plus the resources that would be required to certify specific inverters and to administrate warranty claims that could not be verified.

Of course it's your prerogative to disagree. That said, and with the caveat that perhaps I've misread your posts, it does seem that you're not only making a technical and business judgment that none of us is in a position to make, but that you imply a lack of honesty and character. Accusations should be backed up with fact.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: vape4life

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
VXL doesn't see it as a mistake. For VXL it was a judgment call based upon their evaluation of the technical risks plus the resources that would be required to certify specific inverters and to administrate warranty claims that could not be verified.

Of course it's your prerogative to disagree. That said, and with the caveat that perhaps I've misread your posts, it does seem that you're not only making a technical and business judgment that none of us is in a position to make, but that you imply a lack of honesty and character. Accusations should be backed up with fact.

Its a fact that I was valid to pre-order even tho I'm international.
Its a fact that if a proper voltage arrives to the unit it will work regardless.

Now, I didn't think VXL does not want to make us happy, in fact this might be the reason that caused this...this are all small mistakes IMO - admitting in them bring honestly IMO and you're imply otherwise.

Feel free to think I'm not honest, but let me tell you this - I do not care paying more to get this product - I was and am willing to do so, I already bought a cloud and I would probably void it but I'm gladly doing so

vape4life

Banned for life
I didn't warm it up; I was alternating between pick and iso so no heat allowed. I'm not sure if that would have helped. The tiny specks may have smeared rather than coming loose. You could try a stronger solvent, starting with acetone. But I don't know if it's possible to bake the resin into the glass.

Never have had yellow EQ cyclone bowls from heat? It occurs on the lower half where there is no black tape, so I don't see how that could be a resin?

vape4life,
Reactions: Pappy
I'm not trying to be rude or anything but all this international complaining is getting old (they can't say it so I will too). I understand that VXL initially said they would ship abroad. But due to the fact that some international customers won't use the right inverter and could blow their Cloud, it's just not a smart business move for them right now. It's not fair to criticize them for unforeseen complications like these because like they said, they're working their asses off trying to make the international version. They are an American company and I think it's safe to assume that the majority of their customers are American. There are PLENTY of other quality vapes on the market that can hold you over for a couple more months so chill out on the hostility and let them make a version that is completely compatible overseas. Either buy a Cloud now and void your warranty or just wait until the international one is ready, but stop bitching about it on here please. They made their statement on it today and every point has been made by int. customers in the last 184 pages of this thread.

Troi

I just wanted to let everyone know (I know a few pages back people said they were trying to buy EZ-bowls but our store was sold out, we have just re-socked the inventory of EZ bowls for anyone that is in need of more.

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I just got my motherloving Official Vapexhale Tee Shirt!!!!! I cannot wait to be sporting this around my town for all to see! Thanks team VXL It is SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!! :bowdown:Think I better order a few more because I know this one is gonna be in the rotation QUITE A LOT!!! :D:cool:
:peace:

I just got my motherloving Official Vapexhale Tee Shirt!!!!! I cannot wait to be sporting this around my town for all to see! Thanks team VXL It is SUPER COOL!!!!!!!!! :bowdown:Think I better order a few more because I know this one is gonna be in the rotation QUITE A LOT!!! :D:cool:
:peace:
I was just looking at the site and thinking that. I believe I'll be getting another one very soon :)

oldiebutgoodie

Its a fact that I was valid to pre-order even tho I'm international.
Its a fact that if a proper voltage arrives to the unit it will work regardless.

Now, I didn't think VXL does not want to make us happy, in fact this might be the reason that caused this...this are all small mistakes IMO - admitting in them bring honestly IMO and you're imply otherwise.

Feel free to think I'm not honest, but let me tell you this - I do not care paying more to get this product - I was and am willing to do so, I already bought a cloud and I would probably void it but I'm gladly doing so

I think you may have misread my post. I certainly did not suggest that you were not honest, and I do not think that. I simply stated that it seems that you are implying that VXL is not being honest: "its a hassle to ship worldwide and this is the only real reason", which I read to say that VXL's explanation is not true. And "admitting in a mistake is not a hard thing to do" indicates to me that you think VXL make a mistake and is unwilling to admit to it even though it is "not hard" - that suggests that VXL lacks character.

IMO you are also overlooking some facts. First, on the technical level, VXL's concern is with voltage modulation, not voltage rate per se. To challenge that concern on technical grounds requires knowledge of the Cloud's heat system design plus having the technical credentials to do so. AFAIK none of us have both (and btw, I'm an engineer).

Second, this is as much a business judgement as technical. Certification of 3rd-party devices requires resources; providing a spec is not sufficient. And then there are the potential administrative and warranty costs. Again, none of us is in a position of evaluating the business impact, only VXL can do that.

I would expect VXL to want very much to ship internationally. After all, to not do so may mean a hit to revenue and cash flow. That VXL has postponed these orders indicates that at least VXL thinks it has very good reason to wait for what it thinks is an acceptable solution. If someone wants to challenge that, IMO there should be evidence to support such a contention. Seems to me that VXL deserves as much, given their track record of transparency and responsiveness.

Never have had yellow EQ cyclone bowls from heat? It occurs on the lower half where there is no black tape, so I don't see how that could be a resin?

Only a very little yellowing. I clean them pretty frequently. But I also suspect that you may have much better quality herb than I do, so maybe that's the reason. :)

I said resin because that's the only source of the color that I know of. Is there something else?

mod note: second set of back-to-back posts in two pages, merged. please use the edit button, thanks

oldiebutgoodie,

vape4life

Banned for life
Hey Oldie, I was a bit more persistent and was pretty successful removing the rest of the resin under the joint. I just kept alternating and iso qtip and a toothpick. I don't think I will ever get it all 100% clean, but it's good enough to keep me happy. Interesting, the yellow ring (maybe 2mm), doesn't go right around the joint.

FUTURE CLOUD OWNERS: Listen up, this is important advice.... KEEP using an iso qtip on a regular basis to prevent what happened to me.

EDIT: ya, must be resin.... coming from the bottom part of the ELB...that's the only area where i get the ring. Not bad, for basically all the maintenance this thing needs, other than the easy to clean ELBs, and HT.

vape4life,

oldiebutgoodie

Hey Oldie, I was a bit more persistent and was pretty successful removing the rest of the resin under the joint. I just kept alternating and iso qtip and a toothpick. I don't think I will ever get it all 100% clean, but it's good enough to keep me happy. Interesting, the yellow ring (maybe 2mm), doesn't go right around the joint.

Glad you got it solved, or at least acceptable. Yea, I also noticed that the ring forms a little bit lower; have no idea why.

oldiebutgoodie,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Shit everyone i need help! I got my package, it looks too big to just be elbs :D , anyway I just got out of work (cook) and feel all greasy and shit, and my bedroom is also pretty fucking messy. When I buy new glass I have a ritual of cleaning my room as to add to the aesthetic quality of the breaking in session. Now the issue is, fuck i don't think I can wait! What should I do?? Shower? Clean? Just say fuck it?? :hmm::argh:

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Shit everyone i need help! I got my package, it looks too big to just be elbs :D , anyway I just got out of work (cook) and feel all greasy and shit, and my bedroom is also pretty fucking messy. When I buy new glass I have a ritual of cleaning my room as to add to the aesthetic quality of the breaking in session. Now the issue is, fuck i don't think I can wait! What should I do?? Shower? Clean? Just say fuck it?? :hmm::argh:

Fuck the room. Plug it in, turn it on, take a shower while its heating, come out and vape !! Done.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Plug it in, turn it on, take a shower, then look how nicely green it shines (at this point excitement > infinity), clean the room and then take these deserved clouds.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

Turn it on and start cleaning or take a shower. The first 10 minutes waiting for it to heat up takes FOREVER!!! It feels like an eternity.

vape4life

Banned for life
Not to mention he should probably burn it off for longer than 10 mins. I'd go min. an hour, but i did 2hours just to be sure.

Let us know if you have the light firmware issue... unless they all have that now?

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Alright guys, Y'all didn't respond fast enough haha. Thanks for all the advice. My ocd got the better of me and I didnt open the bad boy up till after I showered and cleaned. Its warming up as I type. :D Been about 7 min, It sure feels like eternity! :drool: What about this, straight ganj first or keif sandwich?

Ill let you know if the LED issues is still present. Im not waiting for any sort of burn off time, it isn't giving me any kind of smell. :) I can hear the clicking slowing down!!! :rockon:

Also, that HT is SOLID

Ripbongs420,

SD_haze

Officially in the clouds :love:
champagne-hot-air-balloon-flight.jpg

My evolver tree is simply perfect, although my cloud unit is certainly scuffed up.

At the top there's even 2 little tiny strands of metal "stands" peeling off, so i'll probably just sand those down or something. I know almost everyone seems to report something like this, and I'm all about function>form, so that honestly doesn't bother me.

Detaching the top part of the EZB from the bottom part is proving more tricky than I thought, without an EZ Pick, is the credit card my best bet? And also on that note, does anyone know if Epic Vape's special they were having on the EZ Picks, is that long gone?

Ripbongs420

vapiff
ITS GREEN!!! :party: 13min to green, set to about 1:00, I suppose so far no LED issues.

Edit, well. First hit, keif in it, all I can say. WOW. I can't even believe the taste. Full review coming later. Whew, lets say I don't know its strength (just took 6 tries to type strength right :dog:) I took a loong pull, a normal one for me (as you might know, I enjoy bongs) like SliM or pappy, damn. It literally sat me right on my ass, coughing a lung out, I have no idea how you guys do it. I thought I was a seasoned bong hitter. Cheers!!:cheers: WOW I AM STOOONED haven't been this high in a looong time. Shit two hits in and all I can say is THANK YOU SM AND ALL OF THE VXC CREW, THANK YOOOOU :p:bowdown::clap: :bowdown::nod: :bowdown::mmmm:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Oh shit I meant you will not get so fucked up so you will forget everything :D

Seek,
Top Bottom