Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

mmafighterthe25

hell yes i hope you release more, i cant wait to get my pre order email. But more important the cloud oh yea cant wait.

mmafighterthe25,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
@greystroke
@lepstadder

We will look into both of your warranty registrations to make sure it is in the system. Will update thread shortly

@eonblue
@bl4ze

Thank you so much for those two videos. I was already enjoying my Sunday but those two vids made it that much better :cheers:

sunsett70

@bluntcrush "you have to always be adjusting the water levels, and dump a little water out as the ice melts" for a totally glass newbie, why do we have to do that? does a bit of extra bit of water affect the operation of the tube? thanks in advance for reply.

LiquidDreams

VapeHead
@bluntcrush "you have to always be adjusting the water levels, and dump a little water out as the ice melts" for a totally glass newbie, why do we have to do that? does a bit of extra bit of water affect the operation of the tube? thanks in advance for reply.

If you're a glass newb, you will not be able to tell the difference. One ice cube completely melting will add a little bit of drag. Nothing significant at all.

LiquidDreams,

mongorian

Perfectly Toasted
The issue with having to dump little bits of water out is because you don't want the HT to get full enough of water that it comes dripping out the bottom of the HT and down through the actual unit (and it will, with enough water added/ice melted).

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
@greystroke
@lepstadder

We will look into both of your warranty registrations to make sure it is in the system. Will update thread shortly

@eonblue
@bl4ze
I registered also and never got a confirming email. i believe it was 3-5 that i registered for warranty just want to make sure that i am under warranty

jackstraw62,

SD_haze

I don't use ice cubes because I like to keep good glass only filled with distilled water, and my ice cubes definitely arent distilled. Full of minerals and whatnot.

If you're dumping the water after every sesh its not a big deal, but when I do forget, I'd much rather have distilled water sitting there.

max

Out to lunch
I don't use ice cubes because I like to keep good glass only filled with distilled water, and my ice cubes definitely arent distilled. Full of minerals and whatnot.

If you're dumping the water after every sesh its not a big deal, but when I do forget, I'd much rather have distilled water sitting there.

Good point. Distilled water, in many cases (mine included) makes cleaning MUCH easier, as mom had to remind me the other day.

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
QUICK IMPORTANT NOTICE

I know everyone is really, really excited to get their VapeXhale Cloud but we must nicely ask our loyal customers to not try and sneak into our shopping cart with their old logins and passwords. Each person that tries to sneak in puts us back about 15-20 minutes and obviously, that is 15-20 minutes away from building and fulfilling Clouds.

If everyone could just patiently wait for their email, we will be able to get through our pre-orders in a much quicker way.

RE - adding ice... If you are careful to monitor the water levels in the Hydratube, then feel free to use ice. If you are the type that may forget about this, then it is extremely important to not let the water level to get so high that the Hydratube begins leaking. We do not want water entering the glass tube within the Cloud. The easiest way to use ice is with another glass water tool, if you are using a Hydratube, please monitor the water level closely.

Keep the videos coming!

stonemonkey55,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

Bungles

Vapeaholic
can't WAIT to make some videos when i get my cloud...
and yes stone monkey we are really really excited :)

Bungles,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks, gents! I am, unfortunately, one of those with extra sensitivity to dryness and heat. I'll take any bonus I can get - so if the ice effectively adds even a small amount of cooling without any real sacrifice, that's great. I can't wait!

Then you will dig the ice. I actually like it a lot more than without, but I usually don't use ice just so I'm not taking glasses of ice outside...looks wierd for my stealth purposes. But I feel a big difference using ice, like I'm just breathing in outside air on a nice cool day.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Then you will dig the ice. I actually like it a lot more than without, but I usually don't use ice just so I'm not taking glasses of ice outside...looks wierd for my stealth purposes. But I feel a big difference using ice, like I'm just breathing in outside air on a nice cool day.

Thx stickstones . . . music to my ears (and throat and lungs). :clap:

oldiebutgoodie,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
As for those interested in using ice, but not wanting to deal with the water level rising; try to set the base of your bong in a pan/bowl of ice water. It will keep things ice cold without affecting your water level.

PS: This will not work with the hydratube, as the base is the cloud (which is electronic and has an air intake).

Also, I think it was a good move to make the cloud invites non-transferrable. I am sure that we will still get some who are buying units to sell them on ebay at an exorbinant cost, but at least this won't be done directly with warranty protection and all. :2c:

oldiebutgoodie

As for those interested in using ice, but not wanting to deal with the water level rising; try to set the base of your bong in a pan/bowl of ice water. It will keep things ice cold without affecting your water level.

PS: This will not work with the hydratube, as the base is the cloud (which is electronic and has an air intake).

I use a tupperware container as an ice bucket for my bubbler, and it works very well keeping both water and glass cold.

I wonder though if something similar wouldn't work with an HT. You would just need to wipe any water away from the inside of the joint before mating to the Cloud; doesn't sound difficult. Perhaps the larger question would be what effect, if any, there would be with a very cold HT being mounted on the Cloud's glass male connector/ELB enclosure. When the Cloud is heated up, how hot does that glass connector get - enough for there to be stress on the connector or the HT when heat meets cold? And would a cold HT effect the vaporization inside the ELB?

Inquiring minds want to know. :science:

oldiebutgoodie,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
OBG,

You have the right idea but there is a slight difference. I am talking about leaving the water portion submerged in ice-water (or snow for those in snowy climates) while hitting the piece. That part can not be done with the hydratube (without some serious pimpin').

For those wishing to use oils in the Cloud, you can smear it onto the underside of the ELB cap (or put it in the concave side of the ELB cap if REALLY oily or only using a little dab). This should be done with the hydratube (or at least with an upright Cloud).

Has anyone noticed differences in performance when using the Cloud with 18 pieces vs 14 pieces with an adaptor?

Good call on the hot-to-cold-glass thermal-shock warning too.

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I use a tupperware container as an ice bucket for my bubbler, and it works very well keeping both water and glass cold.

I wonder though if something similar wouldn't work with an HT. You would just need to wipe any water away from the inside of the joint before mating to the Cloud; doesn't sound difficult. Perhaps the larger question would be what effect, if any, there would be with a very cold HT being mounted on the Cloud's glass male connector/ELB enclosure. When the Cloud is heated up, how hot does that glass connector get - enough for there to be stress on the connector or the HT when heat meets cold? And would a cold HT effect the vaporization inside the ELB?

Inquiring minds want to know. :science:

I don't think that an ice cold HT would affect the base unit's ability to vaporize but I do think that whenever cold glass meets warm glass, thermal shock could take place...

This isn't the best workaround but it does work, getting something like this would help with the melting issues

http://www.icycools.com/index.php/reusable-ice.html

I used to be the biggest proponent of ice but now I prefer using a double chambered piece instead. The ice would make it feel cooler but I felt the extra water chamber "moistened" the vapor better, making it easier to inhale.

stonemonkey55,

hereatlast

I used to be the biggest proponent of ice but now I prefer using a double chambered piece instead. The ice would make it feel cooler but I felt the extra water chamber "moistened" the vapor better, making it easier to inhale.

I agree actually (though don't necessarily look for a second chamber always). Either way, I think ice can actually make a hit feel dryer and in some ways be harsher on the throat for that reason. After all it is nice to have options and obviously everyone's mileage will vary. I will add: I haven't used ice in the hydratube and haven't really been motivated to.

Eonblue: I like the VXC with the Hops Peashooter as well, a nice clean pull with a quick clear.

hereatlast,

dirtpie

I agree with Stonemonkey fully on the double chamber providing a nice "moistened" vapor. I find that if I fill a piece up with a lot of ice I end up caughing.

I'm very excited about more units being produced too. I've been bummed since hearing that there are no more Soverignty HT, since I was able to order and pay for one the last go around. It felt like the last launch I got my confirmation email so quickly. Hopefully this will allow my order to come around very soon!

dirtpie,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
As an ice freak, and a VXC pre-orderer, this is all helpful stuff.

As someone on the verge of Glass Acquisition Syndrome, this presents a slippery slope!

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
When i first joined FC I was reading a thread where people were getting excited about using warm water instead of cold or cold with ice and saying it seemed to make for moister easier to handle hits. Was/is there any consensus on this one? Obviously I will give all of it a try when I have the correct implement to do so. Glad to hear the Cloud orders should be picking up speed soon!

VapeArts,

ididit

And more on the subject of water filtration...

Would a piece like this have too much volume for the VXC? (It's two feet tall.)

Roor_3_Chamber_Beaker_WP_8__80280_zoom.JPG

Obviously it would make the thicker, higher-temp stuff palatable even for the newbie, but what negative side effects would it have?

ididit,

SD_haze

When i first joined FC I was reading a thread where people were getting excited about using warm water instead of cold or cold with ice and saying it seemed to make for moister easier to handle hits. Was/is there any consensus on this one? Obviously I will give all of it a try when I have the correct implement to do so. Glad to hear the Cloud orders should be picking up speed soon!

Warm/hot watter adds some steam, which I find more soothing to the lungs than ice-cold. However, I remember seeing Pappy post that warm/hot water can contribute to getting respiratory infections and that he doesn't ever use it because of that. Something his doctor said after he got something nasty I think?

Never heard anything like that anywhere else though so it can be taken with a grain of salt.

SD_haze,

hereatlast

For those wishing to use oils in the Cloud, you can smear it onto the underside of the ELB cap (or put it in the concave side of the ELB cap if REALLY oily or only using a little dab). This should be done with the hydratube (or at least with an upright Cloud).

Haven't tried this yet but sounds like a good idea. I would probably lean towards putting the material inside the bowl like you mentioned. Would be both a good test of the material and the Cloud's extraction I'd guess.

There's a dedicated thread IIRC regarding "warm water hits."

Got a get a better vid of the VX/Sov. HT in action, a really smooth pull/hit.

oldiebutgoodie

I don't think that an ice cold HT would affect the base unit's ability to vaporize but I do think that whenever cold glass meets warm glass, thermal shock could take place...

This isn't the best workaround but it does work, getting something like this would help with the melting issues

http://www.icycools.com/index.php/reusable-ice.html

Thanks, SM. I gather from your cold-meets-warm reply that the Cloud's class joint gets hot. Warm wouldn't be a risk, but hot would be. It occurs to me also that the Showerdome, given its recessed joint surrounded by the water chamber, may have its water warmed rather quickly due to heat transfer from the Cloud. And that the heat would be somewhat greater commensurate to the temp setting on the Cloud (?). The Vertigo I would think not so much, given its external joint. I guess that argues for moisturizing with the water chamber, and cooling with ice above the pinches - as designed.

I like your suggestion with the reusable ice cubes. Not that I find it a hassle to pour out the water from melting ice, but it just seems like the reusuables might be easier. Even amusing.

I don't have a lot of experience with glass, but the double-chamber I tried seemed to have a lot more drag.

oldiebutgoodie,
Top Bottom