Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Stu: Nice graph. It got heated up (green) to noon temp in 30 minutes? Isn't that too much? I don't get it, I thought it should be ~10 minutes. :hmm: 140°F (60°C) seems very warm, but holdable.
My unit has the firmware bug that stonemonkey mentioned, so the green LED is not an accurate indicator of when the unit is up to proper temperature. It really should be ignored. When my firmware gets updated, this will no longer be the case.

My noon may well be hotter than others' units as VXC has been tweaking the algorithm that determines temperature at noon. I have a feeling that it is. 140 is too hot to manipulate over a piece of glass to be sure, but I prefer to use my HT anyway.
:peace:

Stu,

Pappy

shmaporist
Stu, if you're waiting 30 minutes for green it's no wonder your unit in untouchable. My entire session including warmup is 15-20 minutes max.

Pappy,
12189335.gif

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Ok, so I ran the same warmup experiment measuring the exterior of the Cloud's temperature during a session that I ran last night. For this session the target temp was set (and left) at 9:00.

Ambient temperature: 80F
Time to green LED: 12:29
Time to Auto Shutoff: 57:40
2jealf.jpg

:peace:
Edit: Here is a chart comparing 9:00 with Noon throughout the session:
qx8eo7.jpg

SD_haze

Does it look like this thing would work fine with the Vapexhale Cloud? Its basically a rechargeable, portable wall outlet that does AC power for about 5-6hrs

Looks like it normally retails for $120-200, but I caught eye of it because it popped up on Woot for $85 shipped (sale ends tomorrow night)
Technical specs are on the link:
http://sport.woot.com/offers/goal-zero-escape-150-power-pack-1

Would certainly spruce up a camping trip :party:
de0b1a2a-d8a4-4f8b-9933-444bdb4c8915.png

1a3ffd7b-2f4f-47b7-b30f-26e2cfe4c282.png

jambandphan03

in flavor country
How many watts does the Cloud pull again? That looks good, even for recharging other portable vapes or batteries, and non vape related stuff too... :) cool find.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
How many watts does the Cloud pull again? That looks good, even for recharging other portable vapes or batteries, and non vape related stuff too... :) cool find.

I'm pretty sure I remember 80 watts...

So since this unit only pulls 80W ... I wouldn't use it...

at least 100W IMO

m0sh,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Yea, you're right!!!! Almost there for boiling!!! 200 boils???

212 F is boiling... I know because I recently got interested in tea making. Herbal Tea Seeps at 208 F which is right below boiling.

Edit: I am working on some photos... Any thoughts/critiques. I am about to head back in for another round. I have a general idea of what I need to improve. BTDUBS This is the Evolver HydraTree

7573133932_4803afd94e_k.jpg

m0sh

212 F is boiling... I know because I recently got interested in tea making. Herbal Tea Seeps at 208 F which is right below boiling.

Edit: I am working on some photos... Any thoughts/critiques. I am about to head back in for another round. I have a general idea of what I need to improve. BTDUBS This is the Evolver HydraTree

7573133932_4803afd94e_k.jpg

Looks bad ass!!! great quality also

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Evolver's glass is soooo nicely finished. I only wish there was showerhead there. :drool: But I know that a tree is needed here so there are options. And no two HT's are the same.

m0sh

Evolver's glass is soooo nicely finished. I only wish there was showerhead there. :drool: But I know that a tree is needed here so there are options. And no two HT's are the same.
What do u mean showerhead? wider glass for upper body? I actually like it thinner...I can trade the SGW ;D

m0sh,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
m0sh: I mean only the perc. But then it would be just the HydraCirc from another person. I know that there has to be variety in HTs so it's good that evolver makes HT with a tree. But I would love to see also a shovehead HT from him.

Seek,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Okay here is round two from the studio. I think I like the improvements. Which one do you like the first version above, or this version:

7573248266_795c4c0580_o.jpg

Slightly Medicated,

JohnDeere

m0sh: I mean only the perc. But then it would be just the HydraCirc from another person. I know that there has to be variety in HTs so it's good that evolver makes HT with a tree. But I would love to see also a shovehead HT from him.
Glasstafarian started a convo with me asking about the distance from the top of the slits in my sgw to the top of the upstem (28.5mm), in reference to my splashback issues with the SGW.

He said he is designing a circ, but with a 40mm distance between slit top and top of the upstem (to avoid any possible splashback)...so there you go with the spy report on an Evolver Circ.

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Also I think the perc dome should be big (radius) so there is enough space to water splashback to break down. Compare the perc size of the SGW HT and HydraCirc. HydraCirc's perc is huge compared to it.

Seek,
Top Bottom