Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

vape4life

Banned for life
2. I have had issues with my SGW leaking water back down and out the dewar joint, regardless of how low I put the h2o level. Now I will only use it on top of the Can-verter, so the danger of getting h2o down the VXC has been greatly reduced as it very difficult to get water back up those long arms.

Interesting, i've never had water leak back down the joint. I usually use the min. water, but sometimes it goes higher when I use ice and it melts, but never a problem.

Do you mind saying what you paid for those goodies?

vape4life,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Thanks for the informative reply Oldiebutgoodie!! I have scanned around the thread, but have not read it word for word trying to get up to speed. I have about 12 tabs open on my screen of only FC threads, so keeping up can be a real challenge when you come in this late. I appreciate the info! Saving my next big purchase for a Cloud, catching up on some recent spending, so I have to wait to get in line for a bit.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I've just done the searching (not complete, many pics/vids are not there) here few posts above so people don't have to go through 300 pages. And the comparision pics of showerdomes is this one. Also I've now commented them a bit, how every HT is different from others.

I've heard of short-term memory loss, but this (i.e., myself) is ridiculous . . . hell, you posted all that just this morning and I neglected to point to it. And it's great that you did that, because it is really difficult sorting out the HT info.

jambandphan03, btw, I neglected to mention the Sovereignty, which Seek included above. Those were available for a short time, not any longer.

Is VXL still accepting pre-orders? I noticed the pre-order tab disappeared after the store went up, and the link now seems to be dead. Already have my Cloud on pre-order but I have a friend intrested in buying one.

PulpVaption,

jackstraw62

Low temp deadhead vaporist
vxc should make a stem just like John Deere has. not on boromarket and not interested in con verter. I would just like a stem or where to buy it.

jackstraw62,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Ok, so I got a new toy in the mail today and I've been playing around with it. :science: It's one of those infa red laser temperature measuring doohicky thingies. I decided to chart the temperature changes on the outside of the Cloud during a session. I want to do this using various temperature "targets". I'll probably test 9:00 and 3:00 next to see how they compare. In this test the "target" temp was Noon.

If anyone's interested, the ambient temperature is 80F and the three points on the Cloud that I decided to use for measurents are:
Top - midway between the logo and the top of the shield
Middle - midway between the bottom of the logo and the bottom of the shield
Bottom - one inch above the bottom of one of the feet.
2cqbu2q.jpg

Fun facts:
The LED turned green at 29:45 and the auto shutoff activated after 57:44.
:peace:

rcp

vxc should make a stem just like John Deere has. not on boromarket and not interested in con verter. I would just like a stem or where to buy it.
you can ask a glass artist to just cut a simple 18.8mm tube to your desired length.
I got a basic tube cut to 1" (I used it to make my homemade pieces so I can use glass slides thus the short length) for $10.

EDIT: you would probably need to pay more to get it shaped that way, mine is literary a cylinder
EDIT2: I got mine off a glassblower on etsy

rcp,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So I am looking at the reserve form and it's asking what kind of Hydratube to pick, Shower Dome or Hydra Tree... anyone have input as to which one works better or are they both good? Any downsides, cleaning, drag on the draw etc... Having to pick with no photos or other information to work with.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Lot's of pic's at post #4085...

So I am looking at the reserve form and it's asking what kind of Hydratube to pick, Shower Dome or Hydra Tree... anyone have input as to which one works better or are they both good? Any downsides, cleaning, drag on the draw etc... Having to pick with no photos or other information to work with.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

You don't officaly pick... I heard you can actually select and check out with any HT when you actually are invited to order.

Sometimes the inner tube moves, How fragile is the inner tube and is it healthy to push it up so the joint fully seals with the HT?

biojuggernaut,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
HMMM so I filled in the reserve form, hit the submit button, and got an error saying I could only reserve a cloud once, and this was my first time to open the form or fill it out.. now what?

**edit, tried again, and got a thank you message this time, so I guess it went through.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Maybe you already reserved a Cloud one night when you were really high and don't remember. :shrug: Or some Cloud hungry hackers have stolen your IP address in their plot to take over the world with Cloud domination.....

Easy way to find out would be to email stonemonkey... he'll sort it out for ya' ;)
:peace:

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Stu: Nice graph. It got heated up (green) to noon temp in 30 minutes? Isn't that too much? I don't get it, I thought it should be ~10 minutes. :hmm: 140°F (60°C) seems very warm, but holdable.

Seek,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Actually I doubt you could hold something at 140 degrees for more then a few moments. That's really hot.

elmomuzz,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
140°F - I can imagine cup of tea, that has stayed for a while and cooled down somewhat. That is holdable imo. Still one of the hotter vapes out there i think. Maybe they could try to improve the insulation a bit if that's possible.

Seek,

JohnDeere

Sometimes the inner tube moves, How fragile is the inner tube and is it healthy to push it up so the joint fully seals with the HT?
I don't think it is supposed to move.

As far as the heat issue, if you over-ride the 1hr shut-off by reseting, then it tends to get fairly hot, if you are just using it for that one session, it is never that hot in my experience.

Correct me if I am wrong but the insulation issue was one of the first to push back the launch (circa May 2010). Personally I am satisfied with the current insulation solution/unit warmth.

JohnDeere,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yes, you should push it up so it makes a seal (when you put the HT on, it should not touch the metal that has "HOT" printed on it, but be a milimeter or some above it being held by the male joint). Of course do it when cold, so the glass is smaller (less friction) and less likely to burn you or crack or anything. Or maybe the surrounding heater will expand more when hot, so there would be less friction when hot, but I recommend to try pushing it when cold first.

The tube is held there only by friction, it's not fixed so it can be pushed with enough force in both directions.
The friction should be high, it shouldn't move easily, some Clouds will have a lot of friction so you can't move it at all without fear of breaking, and some less so you can push it with some force.

After you push it up, don't use force on the HT so it doesn't get pushed back down.

That's all can remember VX said a while ago about this.

Seek,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
. . . In this test the "target" temp was Noon . . .

Interesting data, Stu. Fwiw, my readings at 1 hour set on noon were ~115-120F for the casing. On 5 o'clock at 1 hour, ~120-130F. (Ambient was 75F, so a 5F differential there.)

oldiebutgoodie,
Top Bottom