Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I don't know hot hot the original noon and 7 was in the first place. Maybe you're right and it will need at least bit of the linearity back. 7-12 -> 7-10 range could be more convenient maybe. As hot range I was thinking 170+ °C. Maybe I'm too used to my EQ which can be set as low as 50°C. And 50-130 seems unusable for active mj vaping for me there.

Seek,

zmurder

Why in the world would you want to blow clean glass-only vapour into a stinky foul-tasting bag? Unless the bag is a virgin (perhaps I should rephrase that paradox but I won't) there will be condensed vapour in it that will inevitably degrade that taste.

A lot of people like passive bag delivery......I mean a lot of people. FC in general kinda gets down on such a preference, but IMO it is definitely valid, esp. as a lot of people have lung problems (my parents won't use a direct draw vaporizer, but love bags, so it's either joints or bags for them).

And the idea that all bags are "stinky" and "foul-tasting" is like saying all water pipes are dirty and grungy......

The bag thing clearly ain't happening with the Cloud. I would still love to see an all glass heater+extraction chamber based bag vape in the future tho.

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I used to run elbow packs @ 195C through my EQ

I would say I get comparable temp hits at about 10:00 on my Cloud. But that is with the ELBs halfway in so once I get ones that fit I'll prob tone it down a bit.

If I turn it up to 11-1130 my ABV gets too dark for my liking

JDSupreme,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
A lot of people like passive bag delivery......I mean a lot of people. FC in general kinda gets down on such a preference, but IMO it is definitely valid, esp. as a lot of people have lung problems (my parents won't use a direct draw vaporizer, but love bags, so it's either joints or bags for them).

And the idea that all bags are "stinky" and "foul-tasting" is like saying all water pipes are dirty and grungy......

The bag thing clearly ain't happening with the Cloud. I would still love to see an all glass heater+extraction chamber based bag vape in the future tho.

I understand that many people prefer or even are limited to using bags. That in no way magically eliminates the drawbacks. A major drawback for me (and I'm not alone) is the inevitable accumulation of vapour on the surface of the bag, which deteriorates quickly and causes odour and imparts a taste that I for one find foul. It is not at all like saying all water pipes are dirty and grungy, since a well-maintained water pipe clearly is not. On the other hand, unless you are aware of some miracle that you should therefore share with the rest of us, you cannot avoid the condensation and resulting bad effects of putting vapour in a bag.

zmurder

I understand that many people prefer or even are limited to using bags. That in no way magically eliminates the drawbacks. A major drawback for me (and I'm not alone) is the inevitable accumulation of vapour on the surface of the bag, which deteriorates quickly and causes odour and imparts a taste that I for one find foul. It is not at all like saying all water pipes are dirty and grungy, since a well-maintained water pipe clearly is not. On the other hand, unless you are aware of some miracle that you should therefore share with the rest of us, you cannot avoid the condensation and resulting bad effects of putting vapour in a bag.

A water pipe isn't fouled after one or even a few uses with vapor. Neither is a bag. Change early and often and they taste great! If you go through $20 or more of product daily it's worth throwing on a fresh bag daily as well. As tasty as a Cloud through all glass?-- Of course not! But for those who prefer or require passive bag delivery an all glass heater and extraction chamber would certainly improve the taste with a fresh bag.

zmurder,
Buy the extra Elbs. I wouldn't even think twice! They can fall apart, as some have report strands coming off and it's happened to me as well, although not a big deal. Plus, it's always nice loading 4 elbs with different strains! I have 4, and I think it's the sweet spot, although more would never hurt.

Elbs rule.

Good point, I forgot about that. And I wish I could have 4 ELBs loaded with different strains vape4life, but unfortunately the herb situation here isn't as good as the west coast and Canada. :lol:

nugghuffer,
Reactions: vape4life

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Just a heads up on OpticsPlanet and the Nanuk 920 cases with pluck-able foam. They can't ship for over 2 weeks at that price so for $10 more I ordered from hayneedle.com and they will ship promptly, $99 w/free FedEx ground . . .

t-dub,

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur

My friend used to rave about volcano bags untill he used the cloud, now he is pissed he spent the money on the volcano.

Nobody has cracked the secret to creating a glass ELB yet but I hear SM has some elves working on it.

I predict it's not going to be cost effective what so ever, and most of the people bitching about the ss elbs ( not that it's even a big deal at a few hundred degrees) are most likely going to end up being to cheap to buy them

Tea Party,

Fire Bad!

Must put the Cloud down! and turn it off. :bowdown: It needs some rest and I need to come out of the Clouds long enough to try and post a review ;) (sorry video currently NA )

Ok I have been "testing" my Cloud now for about 3 weeks and really enjoying the way I can medicate in so many ways, from the "high school high" as some have called it, to a more mellow relaxed high that allows my pain level to be much more tolerable and to really efficiently extract my meds (in my case, this is the high that I prefer, mostly :cool: ). This allows me to be able to do more of my Physical Therapy, QiGong exercise and meditation. It has really made a difference in how I can quickly medicate to a level that that I can stretch and strengthen my body and help my pain/stress level! Thank You
Again Vapexhale, Congratulations, looking forward to the Full Cloud Launch!

The Review part:

The packaging was great and bombproof, UPS proof even. :ko:

The first thing that I noticed after unboxing,setting it up and letting heat up and burn off anything, was how tight the ELB was in the joint. I had not tried to hit on the unit and was reading the included instructions (not sure why? I was excited I guess :o)

(Note: I understand that there was a small change in the ELBs and that the new ones will not be as tight. Is there any idea of when the new ones will be available to order or should I just wait till after the web site launch for more info?)

It mentions that you should train your ELBs and that they will become easier to use. OK good ELB, sit in the joint, thats right, sit, come on lower. Well I tried to wait and train my ELBs but I wanted to try my Cloud! So I removed the ELB and turned the Cloud on to try her out! Did I mention that I was excited!

So I just filled up the ELB less that halfway and put it in the Joint about halfway down. (I saw that SM posted something about this also.) This was about as far as I could easily insert it. And it seemed to work pretty well for slower draws, milking, similar to what I am used to doing with my MFLB with a bong. I think that for slower draws, you should only fill the ELB about 1/3 of the way so that the Meds can move easily around as the air flows threw it. I also want to mention that the Epic vape tool is incredibly handy for removing a hot ELB from the joint and I think everyone should have one. I did rip an ELB when I got too cocky using my fingernails to remove the ELB.

It did work for harder pulls but I found that after more testing, it worked better for bong rips IMHO when you filled the ELB about 2/3 full and you could insert the ELB all the way into the Joint. Now I can rip as hard as I am able and get a huge Hydratube hit that just tastes so incredible that I hate to exhale! I know it must smell just like it tastes....unbelievable, it is like eating the smell of the meds. And the flavor stays good for 4 / 5 rips easily and I am medicated probably after 2 or 3 good rips. The heater somehow is able to maintain the temp no matter how hard you pull! No popcorn taste, it just stops producing clouds when the meds are done. Wow coming from using the MFLB as my daily driver, this is a huge! (my hand still wants to shake the trench ;) ) I still like to stir or shake the ELB around once at the end of the ELB to move the Meds around! I do wonder since the Cloud is so efficient and the ABV is so even, is the ABV still as potent. Has anyone tried cooking with the Cloud ABV have any info to share? I guess I will be trying out some of mine soon :ko:

Other things that I noticed from reading previous reviews was that the Cloud does get very warm and can be hard to hold....But I found that if you hold it at the very bottom of the unit, below the bottom set of screws, kind of across the two "feet" that the unit sits on. I usually hold it just above the housing where it curves between the "feet". It just gets warm to the touch there and is pretty easy to hold. Just don't grab the metal housing below, or the screws above and it works pretty well. Maybe there will be an aftermarket handle designed, but I have adapted to using the current unit pretty easily.

The SGW Hydratube looks and works great for allowing me to take huge rips or gently milk depending on how I feel and fill the ELB, the meds, and how the temp is set. I did end up making my own "Clod Station". (Yes I can be a Clod) It is basically a box that I lined with bubble wrap and made a cardboard slot for the Hydratube to slip thru. After I take a rip I can safely place the SGW down in my Clod Station! I do like having the ice pinches, as I really like the cool air from the ice up close to my mouth. But I find with the SGW, that it can only hold a small amount of water before it can get a bit close to getting to overflow. So I keep a glass handy to poor out the excess water as you must watch your water levels. I sometimes like to take tasty hits at temp setting 10 oclock. The vapor is not as visible or thick but the taste is incredible and the ABV is just a light green. I usually just save it till later in the evening and grind it up a little more and vape it at about 1 oclock to try and extract some more. I get some great tasting rips as it extracts more meds, not as good as fresh meds but still if it has some moisture still left, you can extract more meds if you want:o

I think that I have talked about most of the Pros for the Cloud. I love my Cloud and how it helps me to feel better physically and mentally. I guess they are both closely related ;). The Cloud just really helps to deliver the Meds without taking alot of time to do it.

My biggest Con is the 1 hour shutdown timer with flashing lights. I never remember to check what time I turned it on. I usually just take a few hits and just leave it on, thinking ok just one more in a few minutes...yeah right :brow: I guess I should learn by now to check the clock but I hope this is improved in the future. I hate when I go to use the Cloud and it is flashing at me, mocking me, now you will have to reset me and wait for me to turn green again, it says laughing.....I know that you can just reset it anytime and get another hour, but it just seems like I am wasting both electricity and hours of the Cloud being left on.

I hope that you know that I am joking about this mostly. A couple of improvements that I thought of for this (but someone else has probably already posted):

1. have a visible clock that can display how much time is left until poweroff mode

2. have a "Medicated" button, that acts like a snooze alarm. Like if it is set for 10 minutes, you hit it once and it turns the Cloud off for 10 minutes, and it takes the Cloud about 10 minutes to warm up and go green, that gives you 20 minutes to go do whatever and when you come back the Cloud is green and ready to go. So if you were going to come back in hour you could hit the "Medicated" button 5 times for 50 minutes, plus the 10 minute warmup. Anyway hope some of that made sense ;)

Thanks for trying to read my rambling review, I guess I took a few hits off the Cloud on the way. Back to more testing and hopefully a video once I get a camera that works ;) Hope everyone had a good 4th of July and weekend!

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Just reset the timer anytime you want. No way it will fluctuate the temperature. When it's heated up it draws only 20 watts, so there is not much electricity waste.

vape4life

Banned for life
Has anyone else's Cloud shut off before the 1 hour timer? I usually forget and am too medicated but I SWEAR that many times it has turned off much sooner. I'll be more observant from now on lol

vape4life,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Has anyone else's Cloud shut off before the 1 hour timer? I usually forget and am too medicated but I SWEAR that many times it has turned off much sooner. I'll be more observant from now on lol

:)

m0sh,

vape4life

Banned for life
lol! Thanks, but i'm pretty sure someone else reported this in the thread earlier at some point.

vape4life,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've got an idea of a HT for Cloud. Very similar to HydraCirc, for me it seems simple, well working and durable, here is a drawing:
2j26clk.png

Seek,

m0sh

@Seek... looks cool tho I don't really understand the difference can you please elaborate?...but I'm pretty sure VXC are capable on making this happen.

m0sh,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Difference is that the splashguard is inversed and the splashguard with the tube is one thick straight tube continuing to the mouthpiece. I think design like this makes it whole very sturdy and simple looking (i like simple-looking functional design). The weakest part now coul be the central vapor intake going up from the female joint. Even that could be sturdified if it was partialy melted to the glass above. Everything else is identical to the hydracirc.

Seek,
Reactions: m0sh

m0sh

Sounds cool looking forward to thought from people who actually can pull this off.

m0sh,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hi there folks, late arrival :ko: , I still have not read the entire thread, but there is plenty of time to catch up. I am not yet in line for the cloud, but it does have a hopeful place in my future, if things keep going well enough. I'll be happy using my solo for now, but it's great to see good results coming from the cloud so far. I will most likely hold off at least until they are no longer backlogged on orders to try to get one. Just wanted to stop in and say high, join the cloud party! :freak:

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
I hope that you know that I am joking about this mostly. A couple of improvements that I thought of for this (but someone else has probably already posted):

1. have a visible clock that can display how much time is left until poweroff mode

2. have a "Medicated" button, that acts like a snooze alarm. Like if it is set for 10 minutes, you hit it once and it turns the Cloud off for 10 minutes, and it takes the Cloud about 10 minutes to warm up and go green, that gives you 20 minutes to go do whatever and when you come back the Cloud is green and ready to go. So if you were going to come back in hour you could hit the "Medicated" button 5 times for 50 minutes, plus the 10 minute warmup. Anyway hope some of that made sense ;)
Thanks for trying to read my rambling review, I guess I took a few hits off the Cloud on the way. Back to more testing and hopefully a video once I get a camera that works ;) Hope everyone had a good 4th of July and weekend!

How much more would you be willing to pay for that, $100? $200?

Tea Party,
Reactions: vape4life

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Welcome Jam!
As I have stated before, the Cloud is THE BOMB!! If you ever make it out our way I would let you try out ours to say thanks for all of your informative help (to me) in the Thermo Rev Thread!! :D Heck- we even have a nice guest room you guys could come out and spend the weekend in if you were so inclined!! You rock IMO!! :rockon::clap:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Am I the only one around here who thinks the shut-off timer and it's ability to reset in on demand is a good feature?

No. I like it, too. I also like it on my Solo. Too many times I have gotten hammered and forgotten about whatever vape assisted me in getting there.

stickstones,
Reactions: JDSupreme

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Welcome Jam!
As I have stated before, the Cloud is THE BOMB!! If you ever make it out our way I would let you try out ours to say thanks for all of your informative help (to me) in the Thermo Rev Thread!! :D Heck- we even have a nice guest room you guys could come out and spend the weekend in if you were so inclined!! You rock IMO!! :rockon::clap:

Awww shucks!! Thanks Bluntcrush!! I'm glad I could make all this craziness useful for others! I have learned so much in the last few months. Should start a class or something huh? Vaporizing 101... this forum is a wealth of knowledge, people's experiences from one end to the other. Fantastic place to spend my time. I wouldn't have the experience if it wasn't for FC... You all ROCK!! :rockon:

... and though I don't have it yet, I do think the timer is a good idea, esp. if it's easy to reset. I can see that being useful, for forgetful times, or if you need it on a while longer, just reset it before you walk away... otherwise, how long does it take to heat, 5mins? that's not too bad of a wait time if you do forget IMO...

Awww shucks!! Thanks Bluntcrush!! I'm glad I could make all this craziness useful for others! I have learned so much in the last few months. Should start a class or something huh? Vaporizing 101... this forum is a wealth of knowledge, people's experiences from one end to the other. Fantastic place to spend my time. I wouldn't have the experience if it wasn't for FC... You all ROCK!! :rockon:
actually that's funny that you say that because from what I learned on this website I could start a class. Actually my friends are constantly telling me to open a headshop. Just don't have the start up money to get the business loan or I would have.

Top Bottom