Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

vape4life

Banned for life
I find if you stir once, the abc comes out super easy with just a tap. Without a stir it's not that easy for me. I never pack, just flick the sides of the elb to get the herbs settled.

I think I'm addicted to my cloud.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Why is it that every time a manufacturer comes here to be nice and give something away, there is a contingent that wants to complain about how it is of no use to them? If the contest isn't for you, just don't participate. No need to sound whiney and throw a wet towel over what the manufacturer is trying to do.

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I can understand not wanting to set up a FB account. But twitter is quick, anon, and simple. You dont have to use it for anything other than entering the HT contest either. I set mine up for random contests over a year ago. I have not desire to tweet tho, as I am not a bird....although as high in the clouds as i am, i might as well be ;)

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Why is it that every time a manufacturer comes here to be nice and give something away, there is a contingent that wants to complain about how it is of no use to them? If the contest isn't for you, just don't participate. No need to sound whiney and throw a wet towel over what the manufacturer is trying to do.

2 Things : Either ignore or accept the fact that this is life :D

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Follow us on twitter or Facebook and you'll have a chance to win a HydraTube. The more retweets you have, the greater your chance of winning a HydraTube of your choice.

Www.twitter.com/VapeXhale

Www.facebook.com/VapeXhale

Let's get VapeXhale social!
I am on it boss!!!!

And for those of you interested in having an additional outlet for vapor related discussion via fb, look up Vapor Research Laboratories (secret group) and join in on the discussion and sharing of your favorite vape techniques! Mention your FC handle so we can recognize you there as well! Handy linky thing below:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/320229588060571/
photo-5.jpg

PoopMachine

SM.. have you guys given any thought to making an attachment to turn the cloud into a bag vape? Seems like it would be pretty easy. An attachment for the bottom to blow up through the glass tube and a bag attachment for the GonG joint. Instant bag vape.......

PoopMachine,

zmurder

and whats the point in that? Get a Q or volcano!!

Well then just get an HerbalAire and you don't need a Cloud at all, right? Nah. I don't think what makes the Cloud special is that it doesn't blow bags. I think the all glass heater and the temperature stability is what makes it special. And there's no reason a bag blowing vape wouldn't benefit from such a setup. The Valloon by VripTech has an all glass extraction chamber (a benefit over, say, the Volcano), but relies on a heat gun so wouldn't have as "clean" of air as the Cloud produces.

That said, this has been asked on this thread before, and I'm pretty sure sm55 himself responded that they'd never consider such a thing. Which is fine. But don't act like it wouldn't be awesome!!

zmurder,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Why in the world would you want to blow clean glass-only vapour into a stinky foul-tasting bag? Unless the bag is a virgin (perhaps I should rephrase that paradox but I won't) there will be condensed vapour in it that will inevitably degrade that taste.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have a question. Why do poeple say all glass or glass only air path, when the ELB is metal? If there is metal in the air path then how can it be all glass? Just wondering.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: zmurder
I plan on using my Cloud 1-2 times a day (when I get it), would it be a good idea to buy an extra set of ELBs when I place my order or would the 2 that come with be enough? I'm just trying to keep the total cost as low as possible when I order, so I wasn't sure if I'd really need 6 total ELBs. After reading how most of you soak them after 3-5 uses, it seems like 6 would kind of be overkill for me. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

nugghuffer,

Buyola

I plan on using my Cloud 1-2 times a day (when I get it), would it be a good idea to buy an extra set of ELBs when I place my order or would the 2 that come with be enough? I'm just trying to keep the total cost as low as possible when I order, so I wasn't sure if I'd really need 6 total ELBs. After reading how most of you soak them after 3-5 uses, it seems like 6 would kind of be overkill for me. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Nugghuffer buy the extra ELB's. This way you can continue to switch and clean. Its worth the extra cash.

Buyola,
besides its only $20 extra on an already $450 vape. So it won't really be that much of a difference in price anyways.

VapeNStone,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I have a question. Why do poeple say all glass or glass only air path, when the ELB is metal? If there is metal in the air path then how can it be all glass? Just wondering.

Everything before the ELB is all glass I guess.
I think there was talks on glass ELB

m0sh,

Pappy

shmaporist
It generally means the air path is shielded from electronic circuitry and associated emitting gasses.
:myday:
Nobody has cracked the secret to creating a glass ELB yet but I hear SM has some elves working on it.

vape4life

Banned for life
Just the messenger here, been having some discussions through PM and with their permission am reposting some of our dialogue which I think is a good question, already asked but ignored in this thread.

He (SM) has been saying that 9 O'clock is the new 12 O'clock which is OK I suppose but what about the folks who want to vape at a lower temperature. The start off point is 7 O'clock (I'm only guessing here, you'll have to confirm) so what is 7 O'clock now? Same as the old 10 O'clock?? I just can't see how the variables are going to be the same when the noon position is now 9 O'clock?? Maybe I'm missing the point somewhere? With the new algorithm does 7 O'clock start at the same temperature or is it higher now that 9 O'clock is the new noon? It seems to me now that between 7 + 9 you must have to make miniscule adjustments as 12 O'clock was always classed as the 190-200C mark and what are the temperature jumps after 9 now???

besides its only $20 extra on an already $450 vape. So it won't really be that much of a difference in price anyways.

Thanks for the advice guys. I know it's only $20 for 4 extras, but yeah I'm gonna drop $450 on a vape plus over $20 to get it shipped here so I didn't want to spend more than I had to. I don't really agree with the whole "you're already spending $450 so what's another $20?" logic but I feel ya man. I still gotta buy new foam for my Pelican case too (VHW cutout won't work) and that's like $30+, so I just wanted to get the necessities first. Thanks again, I can't wait till this next batch of Clouds is released!

nugghuffer,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
SM said that min and max positions remained the same the whole. It was just linear while now it is not (now it seems closer to logaritmic). I think it's good, because we mostly choose temps in hot range and want precision there. Cold range is still there, just has less "space". There is one success-making quote: "Optimize for common case". Common case is hot range so its good to have more angles to choose there.

Seek,

vape4life

Banned for life
SM said that min and max positions remained the same the whole. It was just linear while now it is not (now it seems closer to logaritmic). I think it's good, because we mostly choose temps in hot range and want precision there. Cold range is still there, just has less "space". There is one success-making quote: "Optimize for common case".

I understand that, but also know that there are alot more low temp vaporists than you seem to think. I guess my Cloud has the linear dial (although i don't really know forsure). From what the guy said, it's true, and this is the part I don't get, if 9 is the new 12, then you only have from 7-9 to get what you'd usually get from 7-12? That 7-9 range is pretty narrow to cover a bigger temp spread.

The important part is that the temps are overall the same, although I suppose you can't tap into certain temps with the new Clouds because they are not linear?

I ask again, SM -> will it be possible to upgrade/change our firmwares if desired?

Thanks for the advice guys. I know it's only $20 for 4 extras, but yeah I'm gonna drop $450 on a vape plus over $20 to get it shipped here so I didn't want to spend more than I had to. I don't really agree with the whole "you're already spending $450 so what's another $20?" logic but I feel ya man. I still gotta buy new foam for my Pelican case too (VHW cutout won't work) and that's like $30+, so I just wanted to get the necessities first. Thanks again, I can't wait till this next batch of Clouds is released!

Buy the extra Elbs. I wouldn't even think twice! They can fall apart, as some have report strands coming off and it's happened to me as well, although not a big deal. Plus, it's always nice loading 4 elbs with different strains! I have 4, and I think it's the sweet spot, although more would never hurt.

Elbs rule.

vape4life,
Top Bottom