Discontinued VapeXhale Cloud

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
vape4life: Isn't that an auto shut-off feature that happens after an hour of use?

Seek,

vape4life

Banned for life
try adjusting the temp ever so slightly and see if that stops it from happening?

Actually yeah sometimes this helps. I think it happens mostly in the upper temperature range. I figure it's stabalizing.

vape4life: Isn't that an auto shut-off feature that happens after an hour of use?

I know what you mean, but it's not that...the auto shut-off works great. It just flashes green, and sometimes a red in there, but mostly green, and usually in sets of 3. It usually stops if I adjust the temp a little.

The Cloud continues to impress....and knock me on my ass!

I tried cleaning that dark ring of buildup whatever under the ridge under the joint unsuccessfully. I can get a q-tip down there, but just can't get to it.

vape4life,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I tried cleaning that dark ring of buildup whatever under the ridge under the joint unsuccessfully. I can get a q-tip down there, but just can't get to it.

Once there is a cooked-on ring of resin, it's pretty hard. I needed to take it slow and let the ISO eventually loosen and dissolve it. As mentioned by others, you can additionally use something harder to scrape the resin loose. I have tools designed to get into tight spaces like this, but I think that a paper-clip shaped into a pick does the job as well. The key is to not let it build up too much. After getting that first very hard ring off, it's been easy to keep it clean since with just the q-tip/ISO.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: vape4life

Puget

mollusk
Thanks, Seek. I guess the current offering is about the same as the SGW I thought was reserved for me?
(There are no pics on the company site, BTW)

Puget,

Puget

mollusk
Thanks again. I've gone from being a Cloud evangelist to meh . . . WTF???
I went back to smoking recently but I'm in for the house glass.

Puget,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
I just wanted to comment on loading tools. I use a scoopula. I had to buy it in my lab kit when i went to school. Turns out it's the perfect weed scoop! I have been using it for almost 10 years now, and it's still hard for me to picture a better tool. I later stole a few for my friends when I went to a different school. But they were not the same. shorter and wider. I prefer mine. :D

im not condoning stealing, but the scoopula is a fantastic tool! *pro tip, I use the blunt end!

AAAAC5rbtq0AAAAAAEzG6Q.jpg

I bought and use these as well. I was going to post a picture but you beat me to it - thanks! i like that you can easily grind onto a flat surface then slide the material onto the scoop along the long edges and the tip just fits into the ELB. My quest is for a shorter one. I find the them longer than I would like especially with the wooden handles. I may have to cut one down to about half size and make a handle out of exotic wood.

I have not tried your "pro tip" but thanks for the suggestion!

VapeArts,
Reactions: t-dub

SD_haze

Home Science Tools is great! Its kinda under the radar too since its considered "kid"/school stuff but I buy all of my Borosil from there and other things as well :)

Wow, very neat website.

Found a glass funnel there too for only $3
Perfect for filtering your iso back into the bottle after cleaning your glass
(thanks to Troi for that tip ^_^)

SD_haze,
Reactions: t-dub

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Woot! Getting ready to take my Cloud on first road trip. Ordered the Seahorse SE-520F case I saw mentioned in this thread. Fiddled with the pick 'n pluck till my OCD couldn't stand it anymore ROFL!!

Looks good though and I feel like my piece is going to be very secure on the trip. I'm more worried about noobs hitting it and coughing or something so I'm thinking for them... might be using tube dry :D

The case seems quite secure and price wasn't bad through Amazon.

Here it is all packed and ready to travel:

imag0682-1024x612-jpg.1

vape4life

Banned for life
Hitting it dry definitely increases the flavour IMO, and I very much enjoy the Hydracirc dry with 2 small ice cubes, or when I crank the temp, crushed ice! mmmmmm... One thing that has stood out for me is that even at the upper temps (2pm+), there is still nice flavour. I have been testing this thing at every single spot on the clock and just keep loving it more and more. I don't even think I can use my Solo anymore.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Dry? whats the benefit of using it dry? its better than to have a whip if its dry IMO

Whip - good while laying in bed :)

m0sh,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I actually have enjoyed the tubes dry as well. Moisture is great but when I had some old school bong smoking friends over I worried about them coughing and they fell in love w/ the Cloud dry. I told them it's even better wet but... buy your own :p

hereatlast

A quick note: I'm continually impressed with the Cloud's inherent filtering of particulate (i.e. the ELB's fine mesh). I've been using the same two water adapters for non-HT glass and have observed a nice honey build-up that contains little particulate on these pieces of glass (before the filtration that the water-pipe provides).

hereatlast,
Reactions: vape4life

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think my savings for the VXC are in danger. I've just got offered to get an almost unused Volcano classic (and i personally like the classic more) for ~175 $. For a Volcano that is a very nice price to offer. I am seriously thinking of jumping on that. I quite like bags sometimes. And for group purposes Volcano is also great. Also no glass there so it would be nice to have one really trusty desktop vape. I hope I would have enough cash for the VXC when The e-mail comes.

Seek,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
That is a great price that you won't find again. Get it. And then save again for cloud. :)

elmomuzz,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
That is a great price that you won't find again. Get it. And then save again for cloud. :)
I know. The only thing why cano isn't loved here much is the price and the fact it can do only bags. But with this price its appealing like hell. I already have an EQ, and I believe it's bags are as good. But cano could do them faster, easier and more reliably. Also i think more efficiently, aluminium block must have greater power than screen modded EQ i use. Also i think there could be much less stirring with the cano. OK, that is enough. This is a VXC thread. I think I'll get than cano and try to heal these savings. I'm an international customer and from 2012 so I think I have enough time to save another 175.

Seek,
Top Bottom