Vapes on Planes - Traveling With Vaporizers

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Can't help ya with the equipment (sorry), but I smuggled about 1/2 oz into the States 3 times when going on vacation from Canada by land and I always triple wrapped the pot with saran wrap (very throughly), let the package soak in everclear for an hour and, after drying it off wrapped it in a fourth layer of saran wrap. Just put it inside pants pocket in a bag of luggage.

This was all pre 9/11. The last time we crossed into the States, it was with a motorhome, 3 days before the start of the 2008 Republican convention about 300 miles from Minneapolis and we got fucked over for a random through search. They went over the motorhome with a fine tooth comb (we weren't carrying) and made a hell of a mess that we had to clean up. I filed a formal complaint and of course nothing came of it.

My advice (and I don't know the legality of accesoories in the States; it's legal in Canada) is not to smuggle weed, but if you do, good luck.

Tom

tdavie,

Frickr

prob the safest way to get it there without having to worry would be mail it before you leave on your trip so its waiting for you when you get there. with all the security and random searching going on these days, i wouldnt feel comfortable any other way.

Frickr,

CrazyCracker

I would fed-ex the weed to yourself (hotel) in Reno. Then when you show up just go to the front desk and ask if you have any mail. No experience taking vapes on planes but if you want any advice about Reno Ill be happy to help out :D

CrazyCracker,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Haha I'm just flying in to Reno and then I'm taking the bus to mammoth where I will be staying in employee housing for a couple weeks, so I'm a little nervous about mailing to myself without scoping it out first. That's why I just want to take a small amount to tide me over until I can get a hook up or have a friend mail me some. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna put the vapes in my checked bag though and just throw some broken up nugs in the bottom of a chapstick tube, put chapstick on it, and either carry that with me or throw it in the pockets of my ski pants or some shit.

The way I see it, if there are dogs I'm pretty much fucked, I don't see how my comforter/clothing/backpack and all kinds of other shit wouldn't alert a dog on there own. From what I've heard about dog's noses that is.

bluntfaced,

CrazyCracker

Ya I could see mailing pot+vape to your work site might be a little sketchy :lol:

My cousin takes small amounts on domestic flights all the time. He basically just wraps the crap out of it, puts that it in a bag full of coffee grounds and tapes it to his nuts.

Im to paranoid for that, but if I was in your situation I might consider it.

CrazyCracker,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Best idea to beat those fucking drug dogs was from a show called manswers. They hid the herb in raw ground beef so that when the dog detected it (the herb not the meat) the handler was the one being tricked into just moving the dog along by thinking the dogs reaction was for the meat when really it was for the herb. Really the trick was to fool the handler (cop,guard,inspector) not the dog as you can't beat a dogs nose.

DeepFried,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
hahaaha I've heard that before.

Excuse me sir why do you have 4 lbs of ground beef in your bag??

Uhhhhh....

bluntfaced,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Dogs in airports are trained to just sit down next to someone if they smell some shit and then they take you away and search you. I'm prettyy sure if there was a bunch of beef in your bag they'd stick their fingers all up in it.

bluntfaced,

standard

Google bart simpson tighty whitey, and there's a monster thread that might put concerns to rest, as far as stealth herbal transport.

standard,

Frickr

can you ship things to a ups store in the town under your name for when you get there? explain that you have some christmas gifts that you dont trust with the airlines and see what you can work out.

Frickr,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
If you happened to get selected for a more thorough secondary search would you be willing to try to fool an ion scanner?

Tom

tdavie,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
As far as the ion scanner goes
I don't know what that is. So, yes!

~~sorry
And the tighty whitey method was my plan, except I'm going for the boxer brief I don't own tighty whiteys :p

bluntfaced,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
The thing I'm really tripping about is bringing my extreme in my checked baggage.

bluntfaced,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I have decided to ship my vaporizer, I am lucky enough to have trustworthy friends that will ship it to me when I'm all good and ready for it. As for the dro, I will stick it up my asshole

SIKE!!

I'm gonna tightey whitey that shit and put my launch box and piece in my checked luggage with some tobacco in em and cross my maafuckin fingers

bluntfaced,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
tdavie said:
If you happened to get selected for a more thorough secondary search would you be willing to try to fool an ion scanner?

Tom
I hate Ion Scanners. I always give a false positive.
I went too visit a friend in Jail, and failed the ion scan.... had too do a nice strip search for the CO's when that happened.

DevoTheStrange,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
The trouble with ion scanners is that they are *very* sensitive. They can easily pick up trace amounts of say, cocaine from money you've touched and then you put your clothes on, and it gets detected on your clothes. You can also test positive for THC merely by being in a room with smokers. And of course, if you're not carrying, then no problem. The trouble comes when you're pulled aside for a more thorough search because of the ion scanner and then they find paraphenalia (again, I only know about the legality of that in Canada). I wish people who smuggle on planes nothing but good luck; I just don't think it's worth it with the current technology out there. I'm not about to endanger my job and/or holiday by doing something like that.

Tom

tdavie,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
You can also get a false positive depending how dark your skin is. Melanin gives a false positive. the darker you are, the more melanin you have.

DevoTheStrange,

Trixer

ion scanners are like those super sentry turrets you see in video games, like when you peek around the corner theres already a laser there, as if it knew you were about to peek and shot it before hand...

Or you could compare it to the big dude in the jail that is going to make you his bitch.. its about the same thing, lol.

Simply put dont take your stuff on the plane.. (LMAO AT THE VAPES ON THE PLANE!)

Trixer,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
tdavie

By ion scanner, do you mean a mass spectrometer?

BTW, tdavie, Trixer: nice to see some fellow chemists on here... :)

nicelytoasted,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The safest and most assured thing is to not break the law. Zero risk. But if you are a risk taker, it is good to know what exactly the risk is.

As mentioned above, Bart Simpson, in a huge thread at MJ.com discusses in a RATIONAL MANNER exactly what the risks are. For example: No dogs in domestic travel. None.

see http://www.marijuana.com/legal-issues/119684-domestic-airport-security-flying-mj.html

In the end, you have to decide. But decide knowing the risks involved.

macbill,

standard

You can always opt for a personal touch from tsa aka the smurf grope. Politely decline the use of invasive new technology and the pat-down you will get. Remember to ask the official to wear gloves to prevent cross-contamination, and smile. It's a fairly thorough grope, but they won't get up under your junk. The worst part is when it's a long flight and the sack beneath your sack gets warm and smells up the whole airbus.

standard,

Qbit

cannabanana
They've installed phase anti-stoner plasma pulse cannons at my airport. They yell out "Die hippy! And get a haircut!" before blasting automated cosmic death at all positively identified sources of THC-ness and Bob Marley T-Shirts. Fucking fascists.

Melizzard

OK so I have to go to Vegas soon and I need meds wherever I go. I could get a little pipe that I would toss before returning home, but my hubby can't be around the smoke ... gets drug tested randomly at work. I'm wondering if I could clean my PD stems in iso and stash them in my toiletries bag, then put my PD w/aromatherapy oil and oil container in my checked luggage ... any suggestions? I really need my vape, when confined to a motel room, rather than a pipe.

Anyone?

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

Mark

John Brown
Mail it to yourself.

But yea, keep the clean bits in your luggage and the cleaned weed bits on you're carry on to be discarded if necessary when checked.

Mark,
Top Bottom