Vapes on Planes - Traveling With Vaporizers

manchild

Vapourist
Hey Melizzard i hope this response isn't too late but I just did exactly as you have suggested. I am in Australia and would imagine the security is a bit more relaxed, could be wrong though. I took it on domestic flights from Sydney to Perth and back. Spent the christmas with the whole family all at my brothers house, the PD was a neccessity ;)

On the way over i had the PD, cup, walwart and oil in the original PD box then had it wrapped in christmas wrapping paper as if it was a present (hehehe as if i'd give away my PD :lol: ). No christmas wrapping coming home! Very clean stem in ziplock bags with toothbrush, paste, mouthwash etc. All in my checked luggage. I did seal the PD with a foodsaver vaccum sealer on the way over but just ziplock gladbags coming home. You only really need 1 stem if it's only you. 1 did me fine with 2 people.

No dramas at all. I was not overly concerned. I could have easily mailed it beforehand, but that would have mean't i was without my PD for far too long and i didn't trust the christmas postal system with such a precious item!

Oh and my brother loved the PD!

manchild,

Melizzard

Oh, I'm so glad to hear that ... cuz I just can't live without mine either. I've even considered buying extra stems and just take a clean one each trip and toss it before I leave for home ... figured most of the residue would be in the stem rather than the PD itself. But when I clean my stems in iso, hell, they look pristine ...

Did you find a way to take your weed w/you too or did you just get some when you got to your destination?

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

Melizzard

manchild said:
On the way over i had the PD, cup, walwart and oil in the original PD box then had it wrapped in christmas wrapping paper as if it was a present (hehehe as if i'd give away my PD :lol: ). No christmas wrapping coming home! Very clean stem in ziplock bags with toothbrush, paste, mouthwash etc. All in my checked luggage. I did seal the PD with a foodsaver vaccum sealer on the way over but just ziplock gladbags coming home. You only really need 1 stem if it's only you. 1 did me fine with 2 people.
One more thing ... you put your stem in ziplock bag w/toiletries? I wonder if that would make it stand out more? And I typically use two stems ... one for daytime meds and one for nighty-night meds. A bowl will last me 3 hits or so and I only take one hit at a time, so I can reuse the meds ... just don't know of a way to empty it out then reuse it again the next day since it holds so little ... damned efficient little bugger! I LOVE it!

My younger brother loves mine and I even got my older brother one for Christmas but, of course, even though i ordered it Oct 18, he won't have it till the end of this month ... sigh ... I oughta order myself a spare cuz I would HATE to be without my PD if the one I have went on the fritz!!!!

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,

ClemsonVapor489

Urinalysis can differentiate between someone who has smoked and someone who has had second hand contact. Not sure if this is true of blood tests.

Just FYI.

ClemsonVapor489,

manchild

Vapourist
Melizzard said:
One more thing ... you put your stem in ziplock bag w/toiletries? I wonder if that would make it stand out more? And I typically use two stems ... one for daytime meds and one for nighty-night meds. A bowl will last me 3 hits or so and I only take one hit at a time, so I can reuse the meds ... just don't know of a way to empty it out then reuse it again the next day since it holds so little ... damned efficient little bugger! I LOVE it!

My younger brother loves mine and I even got my older brother one for Christmas but, of course, even though i ordered it Oct 18, he won't have it till the end of this month ... sigh ... I oughta order myself a spare cuz I would HATE to be without my PD if the one I have went on the fritz!!!!

xxoo
Melissa
Yeah the stem is the main issue for sure. I think the unit itself can be passed off as an aromatherapy device but stems blow the whole game. I'm not sure if it stood out in my toiletries bag? There was so much junk in there that it wasn't visible with the naked eye. That is a blokes toiletries bag though. I imagine yours is a little more packed with beautifying equipment than mine and a stem is pretty close to a lipstick or mascara shape so i think it will be even less conspicuous. Buying new stems and then discarding them would solve a lot of the worries if you can afford it, or carry brand new stems on the way then post them home to yourself?

I would love to buy my bro and friends and myself another PD but i think i got one of the last PDs to ever be shipped overseas so i'll just have to look after this one.

Melizzard said:
Did you find a way to take your weed w/you too or did you just get some when you got to your destination?
Fortunately i was able to post a nice package to my bro beforehand. The postal system has never failed to deliver his greens. And we've tested the system many times ;)

I haven't carried weed on a plane for many years. I have done the tighty whity method pre 911. Post 911 my method was to grind my weed and roll a ciggarette packet full of joints as close to ciggy size as possible. I then covered the packet in clear contact to seal it up. Done this 4 times with varying amounts up to 1oz. Obviously worked every time but please remember Australias domestic airport security has to be different in some way to yours. We definitely have screening for terrorist related stuff and bringing fruit and nuts etc into different growing zones, but i think the drug detection has fallen by the wayside.

manchild,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I would say use the 'Tightey Whitey' method (a search should help here) for your stash.

As far as the PD itself - I would mail it. That my friend is like traveling with large amounts of undeclared cash. If it 'disappears' you are SOL with nothing you can do about it.

AGBeer,

sgvpunk

So im going to hawaii this july and I wanna take my launch box with me. Only question/problem is will the small amount of resin on the box create any problems for me when i travel. I dont plan to carry it on me, i wanna put it in my luggage. I was thinking about pre-filling it with tobacco so if they do pull it out it wont be a big deal. IF this is too risky i was thinking about purchasing a brand new vaporgenie before i go that way ill travel with a clean piece. quick question about the vaporgenie. In terms of odor is it as discrete as the LB? Any advice, as always be greatly appreciated.

sgvpunk,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
why don't you order a VG prior to your leaving, to be sent to where you will be?
or research head shops local to where you'll be and buy one when you get there and just give it away before you leave?

even though you *probably* will get away with traveling with your used vape, I personally would not chance it.

jeffp,

digglover

sgvpunk said:
So im going to hawaii this july and I wanna take my launch box with me. Only question/problem is will the small amount of resin on the box create any problems for me when i travel. I dont plan to carry it on me, i wanna put it in my luggage. I was thinking about pre-filling it with tobacco so if they do pull it out it wont be a big deal. IF this is too risky i was thinking about purchasing a brand new vaporgenie before i go that way ill travel with a clean piece. quick question about the vaporgenie. In terms of odor is it as discrete as the LB? Any advice, as always be greatly appreciated.
Assuming this is domestic, you won't have a problem.
I've smuggled some very interesting things to and from Hawaii and all you need to do is toss it in your carry on with a bunch of electronics and tobacco or in your baggage. Their is no extra security going to Hawaii as far as I know.

digglover,

floats

Hey, all.

I'm about to go on my first backpacking trip through Europe - hooray!

Looking at Madrid and Barcelona, London and Rome, Paris and Vienna. I can't wait.

I just got a magic flight box, and I was planning on bringing it and using it frequently. I know about the tighty whitey method, but I'm still not interested in traveling with any aromatic herbs via international travel, but I'm hoping I'll be able to find some in the native locales.

My question is - for someone traveling in these destinations and mainly using the Eurostar - will the Magic Flight box cause me any concern/issues? Alternatively, what degree of scrutiny am I looking at in Europe?

All tips/advice welcome. Thanks, friends!

floats,

stinkmeaner

floats said:
Hey, all.

Looking at Madrid and Barcelona, London and Rome, Paris and Vienna. I can't wait.

I just got a magic flight box, and I was planning on bringing it and using it frequently. I know about the tighty whitey method, but I'm still not interested in traveling with any aromatic herbs via international travel, but I'm hoping I'll be able to find some in the native locales.

My question is - for someone traveling in these destinations and mainly using the Eurostar - will the Magic Flight box cause me any concern/issues? Alternatively, what degree of scrutiny am I looking at in Europe?

You should honestly read this whole thread and you will find the answer you are looking for. I for one though would not risk my freedom for a vaporizer. If it were me I would just go about my plans and if I found some herb in Europe then I would just roll joints or smoke out of fruit, vaporizing a little herb is not worth getting locked up in a foreign jail where nobody speaks English and most probably hate Americans. The technology these days is too intense to carry paraphernalia and you would be foolish to think you can outsmart airport security, not saying it is impossible but it is not a chance I am willing to take.

stinkmeaner,

GreenLeaf

It should be common sense not to take paraphernalia or drugs on a plane.

It's just herb, can't you go without it for a few days or however long you're traveling for? Or if you're desperate try finding some at your destination if you are going to a place where it's easy to find or decriminalized.

GreenLeaf,

32paths

Hey everyone,

Quick question for the community. I'm about to take one of the Amtrak trains across the country and am going to be bringing my Volcano Vaporizer with me since I wont have time to ship it. Aside from going through all the normal cleaning procedures, i.e. take everything apart and dunk it in rubbing alcohol, is there anything else I should be doing/concerned about? Would that cleaning eliminate any risk of dogs sniffing out the machine? It should be noted that no herb would be present.

Further, if they do sniff out the machine but theres no visible bud or residue, will there be an issue?

Looking forward to your input.

Thanks.

32paths,

RussyRoo

floats said:
Hey, all.

I'm probably way too late, but others might find it useful in future. In the UK unless you're actually caught with herb, I don't think you'll have any problems at all. I've never heard of anyone getting busted for paraphernalia. Even if you do get busted for possession I think first time offence is just a formal warning, 2nd offence 80 fine, 3rd time, then you're in trouble. Vaporising is so unknown here I'm not sure the police would even recognise the mflb as paraphernalia.
You'll sometimes find the police have dogs at the major stations, but I think they're just trained for bombs, I've certainly walked passed them carrying with no problems.
Haven't taken the eurostar in a while, I think you would be fine, but don't hold me to that. I've travelled by eurotunnel and ferries more recently and you would have no worries there I'm 99% sure. Can't really help for the rest of Europe, don't really have that much personal experience using on the continent.
If your struggling to find suitable persons in london :cool: I'd happily point you in the right direction!

Happy travels!!

RussyRoo,
Reactions: Bebop

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I just went through airport security and they had me stand in some sort of imaging booth. Then I waited while the person reading the images told the person with me I was ok to go. I had shorts on with nothing in my pockets and he said he needed to pat down my left leg. The imaging system picked up a lump in my left pocket. After patting me down he asked why my shorts stuck out...was there anything in my pocket? It was empty and I told them they were just shitty clothes (they are old shorts falling apart). When I got home I discovered a spare button sewn in where the lump was. The system was pretty impressive and, after having it find a button in my pocket, I sould not recommend anyone try to take a portable on board.

stickstones,

floats

I have no intention of bringing my vape on a plane. I would pack it in my suitcase, and send it right on through. The question was more carrying it onto the Eurostar.

As of now, my MFLB is clean - I haven't used it once. And I don't think it's inherently illegal (?) so brniging it in luggage shouldn't be a big deal.

I don't intend to be carrying often, if at all - but bringing the vape from country to country would be fun. I'm staying with some 420 friendly host families, and it'd be a nice treat to show off the MFLB. The question is whether or not local authorities in Europe would see it, and think it raised warning signs/a search/a questioning.

floats,
sgvpunk said:

I've traveled to a from Hawaii a number of times with my vaporizer (Evolution V7). I place the machine is a mesh travel pouch...and include a hand out about vaporizing for health...then pack the whole "kit" in my checked luggage. I try to make it as easy as possible for TSA people to remove and examine it if they wish. It is when you appear trying to hide things that suspiscions are raised. I've similarly traveled from California to LV and back. I have not had any problems doing it this way.

As far as the "herb", that's where you need to exercise caution. As others have said, TSA is not looking for your stash...but they will find it if you are stupid. I live using a seal-a-meal container to eliminate odor, then hide is somewhere very discrete. ;)

HumboldtGuy1,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Recently i carried my mflb with me while travelling in europe, i would just pack it in with my bathroom kit so there is a dominating smell of shampoo/soap/deodorant.

I took four international flights india to frankfurt, rome to vienna, vienna to frankfurt, frankfurt to india. I also carried iceolater from amsterdam while touring germany,switzerland and then italy on eurorail trains.

A good way to conceal herb smell is to rap it in coffee, the coffee smell will dominate.

audiodelic,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Traveling questions? (merged)

My buddy and I plan to take a camping trip to like the Montana, or somewhere near there and I want to take my vape with my meds. However, the issue arises we would be taking a plane trip and you know how that goes. I have the bat so that even harder to take I would think. I can leave at home if it makes it easier.

So, the question now I have is how can I take meds with me on vacation without getting caught. Can like like empty out some Camel, and at the bottom put my meds then cover it with tobacco? I don't really like or do tobacco, but to travel with my meds I could take that hit(no pun intended).

The only option I can really think of is trying to get a hold of a vapor-pen with liquids, but any other ideas? Thanks.

lesvape,

crawdad

floatin
wonder if you can pack and mail it? i have no idea, best of luck...camping and vaping is awesome, i love it. :peace:

crawdad,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I have taken my Iolite on 3 domestic trips here in the US, and once on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Always in checked luggage. I put it in it's zip case after it is very clean and pack it with my toiletries. So far it has not raised any suspicion (even upon x-ray once getting back on the ship at port, they are looking for liquids like alcohol being brought back on board)

I wouldn't try to put it in a carry on or anything but I think in your checked luggage you are okay. While I was in the Caribbean I had to buy some Butane (it was slim pickings as far as choice) but I got some pretty reasonably and just left the butane on board when I left the ship...:brow:

Bluntcrush,

lesvape

Queer in a high haze
Well i have a VG batj. What about if I try to do a e-cig thing with liquid hash already in the tips?

What about just taking my meds with me on a plane/camping with me, how could I go about doing that?

lesvape,

Nycdeisel

I figured this is the thread for it. so here we go

long domestic flight, still in the US. I want to take my PD with me. cleaning the stems are no problem as they clean up very well. as for the unit itself, im thinking of taking Tom(PD)'s advice and checking the unit and keeping the cord right next to it(or even plugged in maybe?)

any advice is appreciated. I know its best to ship it but im kind of on short notice here.

:wave:

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Personally I wouldn't take a chance, I had to go through check in at Kennedy recently just to accompany my daughter to her boarding. It was a tremendous drag with security - it's a miracle I got past them with my ecig.
Can't you just overnight the PD even though it will cost you $30?
Most likely you'll get away with it but you really don't need that kind of stress and then remember there's the return flight as well.

jeffp,
Top Bottom