VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

LabPong

@LabPong - two separate instances. One, I'm not for wimpy draws. I need to 'feel' a draw in my lungs. Different types of flower will deliver different levels of 'bite'. One of my favorite strains is a light fluffy bud. It delivers nice light fluffy hits. I don't like nice fluffy hits. So I change the nature of the VapCap to turn it into a flame-furnace baking the bread in a 1/10th the time. Now I taste the fullness, I feel it, and it delivers results in spades. Difference? 1-hour session vs. a 2 minute med session. I still have 5 full tips to go.

Second reason of course because I can. If I end up with a particularly dank Blue Dream, it'll hurt me. Maybe two draws are required in that case. But a dense pack of fine grind fluffy stuff - yea, one good hard long draw and it'll make your eyes spin. This is as close to a bong and combustion I've gotten on any of the 2 vapes I have, VC and LB. This isn't dip&sip, this is pure on-demand release of goodness for as long as there is vape. "riding the IH" is something that still needs a bit of refinement. The Caldron is best poised to do that today if not the Apollo 2.

What first hit me with the VC is the lack of heat mass. That hot wet pouring of vape for what seems only a second or two is woefully insufficient. You can't make up for that by taking another woefully insufficient draw. This is my nature. I want the full Monty!

Mind you, this is my constitution with regard to vaping. I was a very heavy user of combustion. I seem to have balanced out the two in overall usage. My total consumption is the same today as it was before vaping. My medical conditions are still managed. My overall state of health from vaping compared to combustion - night and day!

Ok....I can understand that.....but what tips do you use....both?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
DD - '18 is by far the hottest. I haven't swapped over to the Ti tip yet but probably will soon. I'll still use the '18 cap though. Very reliable clicker.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I think some folk just want to get through a bowl faster, without pausing for the cool down click and restarting. If you are after the quickest buzz you can get from a VC, this is the way to do it. I haven't spent a lot of time trying to get this method down because when I am looking for the fastest buzz I tend to use a different vape.
I do the dip & sip every now and then. Usually because I've taken the first 2-3 tasty hits and just want to get through the rest of the bowl. Sometimes I'm in the mood to hang out and take my time, but other times I'm trying to fit a quick session in before doing something else.

I also do the d & s because I learned it from @phattpiggie and he's cool. :cool:

One, I'm not for wimpy draws. I need to 'feel' a draw in my lungs. Different types of flower will deliver different levels of 'bite'. One of my favorite strains is a light fluffy bud. It delivers nice light fluffy hits. I don't like nice fluffy hits. So I change the nature of the VapCap to turn it into a flame-furnace baking the bread in a 1/10th the time. Now I taste the fullness, I feel it, and it delivers results in spades.

Vape liquor ;)

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Pipes - could I bother you to know what the white fixing compound is that you are using? TYVM

20161123_191649-1_zpshmtihqc4.jpg

TommyDee,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I no longer use anything but that was just white silicone in the picture. My thinking was to eliminate any buzzing which ended up not been an issue.

Pipes,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Cool, thanks @Pipes . White silicone it is.

My Shoe-Goo is setting up pretty hard on this old tube I've been using so I was going to look for something more proper for long term use. Shoe-Goo over the years will continue to cure until it becomes a light brownish transucent hard plastic tenaciously holding onto whatever it originally bonded to. Pretty much a 10-year cure-time epoxy :cool:

BabyFacedFinster

Tried my new Dynacrafts wood stem for the first time today. Put a 19M tip on it and then right into my PSM. A very nice combo. I had a couple questions just be sure with my reckoning.

I allowed my PSM battery to fully charge and discharge four times from when I started using it. I assume that after the break in period, I can now plug it in at a half charge to top it off without doing harm to the battery? Or do you still decrease the life of the battery over time by recharging mid-way.

And if I may, I wanted to ask an adapter question not related because we often talk about chargers here. I have a device that I need to get an AC adapter for. All I have is that it needs to be 18VAC, 500MA and 2.1mm. Can anyone tell me if this adapter would be a match?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Technically @BabyFacedFinster , you are requesting an AC adapter not a DC adapter that is link you provided. What kind of equipment are you powering with this?

This one is rated for 18V AC output. The 1000ma rating is pretty close to the 500ma rating. Typically these are minimum requirement ratings so there is leeway in this difference.

Last edited:
TommyDee,

BabyFacedFinster

It's for some audio equipment. The manual says that the "wall transformer supplies 18 volt RMS AC power to the device at the power jack." Does that help?

BabyFacedFinster,

LabPong

Already did ,thank!

Which one were you looking to get? I have the older Jarhead and Skeletor, and recently the Caldron. The Caldron is nice.....I like the updated 8amp PS that makes it heat pretty fast. It is like 3-4 seconds as compared to my Jarhead that is 8-9 seconds heat up time.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I haven't tried the Caldron, but I have a JarHead, which was it's predecessor. It completely changed my relationship with VapCaps, at home anyway. I'm expecting a PSM soon which should do the same for away use. The inclusion of an IH, almost anyone's, appreciably enlarges the circle of folks I expect to fall in love with George's creations. I loved them with a torch, but I love them more with an IH.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My PSM arrived today. Fastest anything has ever come through customs. I really wasn't expecting it before Monday, tho I am happy to have it now.

@Pipes Quick question. The charger connector doesn't go very deep into the socket, tho the light does turn red to indicate charging. Should I force it deeper or leave it shallow as long as the light changes?

Excited to try this out. :clap:

LabPong

My PSM arrived today. Fastest anything has ever come through customs. I really wasn't expecting it before Monday, tho I am happy to have it now.

@Pipes Quick question. The charger connector doesn't go very deep into the socket, tho the light does turn red to indicate charging. Should I force it deeper or leave it shallow as long as the light changes?

Excited to try this out. :clap:

My jarhead is sort of like that with the cord connection. But if the plug and connection is exact on all Caldrons recently...then you should have about 3-4mm of space between the black plastic parts of both connectors where you can still at least see 2+mm of the metal contact between them.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My JarHead goes much further in, but I don't think there is a problem with the PSM. The light goes red and it isn't loose.

CybrGuy,
Top Bottom