VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Bad Ocelot

Got my Portside in! Stoked to be in the VC induction club! Works great, have to go maybe 1-1.5s beyond the click but that's no prob as it's quicker than a torch either way. Only problem is I'm using more flower because it's so easy :rockon:

On the list for a portside mini as well. I hear it's even better. Strong work @Pipes, strong work :bowdown:

Globbs

I received my portside too! Absolutely awesome haw well it works. Just a few seconds past click and vapor! This will be a game changer for on the go capping.
Thank you @Pipes for this amazing product. I opted for battery strength in the portside versus the mini. Being stealthy is just not a priority for me.

xlr8shun

I wanna start uaing my vapcaps again..i most use on the go so i want to get in line for one of these to put in my car...that someone else drives me around in..hmmm..how do i get in line? Just contact @Pipes ? Ive talked about one before but im ready..

yep, just click @Pipes then click "start a conversation" in the new window that pops up. that'll take you to the page to start a conversation with him, let him know what you're looking for, and he'll get back to you next time he logs in.

if you havent already, check out his induction heater FAQ @ https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_202eBzWeF7rkTjqV5sWumPxtbSNtfjqOZEs1i9d16k/edit

has prices, current wait time estimates for which products, etc..

MAbud

I would say about 1 out of every 10 tries or so the red light engages on my mini and no heat. Generally what happens is I start to notice it taking longer than usual, I remove my Omni and it’s cool to the touch. Place it right back in and then it heats normally. Anyone else have this experience?

MAbud,

Irish vaper

I would say about 1 out of every 10 tries or so the red light engages on my mini and no heat. Generally what happens is I start to notice it taking longer than usual, I remove my Omni and it’s cool to the touch. Place it right back in and then it heats normally. Anyone else have this experience?

Got my mini in post this morning and this happened the very first attpemt using it and again, like u said, about every 10-12 presses get red light and no heat.
Still totally happy with my purchase tho and delighted to hear this might be a common issue and not a fault meaning i dont need to send it back or anything.

Works a charm
GxVaFom.jpg

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help

xlr8shun

well well well, this came together quicker than i thought..

gave it the maiden voyage last night and woke up on the couch. it was so good i passed out :)

https://imgur.com/a/joIo9

it seems i could have drilled the hole for heater tube about 1/16" closer to the edge, as it sits at an angle (not quite plumb) but works well. see pic #6. now that i have a better idea of where it will fall, i can add a center "punch mark" in the model, so when it gets printed it will be easier to locate and drill the hole. i found that making the holes smaller in the model. then re-drilling them once the part is printed and cleaned up makes for a much cleaner circle. when you try to 3d print a circle, vertically, gravity turns it into an ellipse, not bad, but noticable.

pics #1 and #2 are for perspective, you can kind of see how big everything is compared to the soda can.

the power ports (RCA jack) are recessed to hide a bit of the RCA plug.

to charge, you just pull the lid off the battery part, the charging plug is accessible, just plug it in. see pic #7

this was printed in PLA @ 200 μm

i am extremely happy with the result. even if i am not a fan of the 80's retro look ;)

thank @Pipes and @phattpiggie for their help and research and ultimately what pushed me to get this made..

Last edited:

RoRo

Got my mini in post this morning and this happened the very first attpemt using it and again, like u said, about every 10-12 presses get red light and no heat.
Still totally happy with my purchase tho and delighted to hear this might be a common issue and not a fault meaning i dont need to send it back or anything.

Works a charm
GxVaFom.jpg
I thought the mini’s were black.

xlr8shun

question anyone with a portside/skelly charger...

does yours ever blink? most of the time mine is green (not charging/done charging) or red (charging) but sometimes it flashes green/red and stops charging.

if i unplug and immediatly replug it will do the same. if i unplug and wait for 5min or so then replug, it will attempt to charge again until its done, or starts blinking again.

http://b.webpurr.com/yNjY.webp

xlr8shun,
Sorry to be lazy but before I go though all 80 pages of this thread.... is there a parts list somewhere in the thread?

I am going to either buy or build one of these. It looks pretty simple and it looks like induction heaters and coils are pretty much available on eBay with only a few changes needed to suit our needs.

Is the bulk of the information to build one in one place or is it scattered throughout this entire thread?

Thanks

Hackerman,

RoRo

Sorry to be lazy but before I go though all 80 pages of this thread.... is there a parts list somewhere in the thread?

I am going to either buy or build one of these. It looks pretty simple and it looks like induction heaters and coils are pretty much available on eBay with only a few changes needed to suit our needs.

Is the bulk of the information to build one in one place or is it scattered throughout this entire thread?

Thanks
Go to pho 79 scroll down 6 or 7 and see my (RoRo) link

abjake55

Tech Geek
I have just paid for a jarhead from pipes! I am so looking forward to trying the IH with vapcap! Of course, this now opens up a whole NEW area of acquisition syndrome. LOL. Jarhead for around home, DV IH for around.... Oh yeah!

Just curious if this has already been discussed.....

It is a dental induction heater. I can't find specs on it so I don't know how hot it gets but... just curious if it's already been considered and dismissed.

Thanks

Hackerman,

RoRo

Just curious if this has already been discussed.....

It is a dental induction heater. I can't find specs on it so I don't know how hot it gets but... just curious if it's already been considered and dismissed.

Thanks
Yes, but the eighty pages oh my! Sorry I only remember it got no traction.

RoRo,
Reactions: Squiby

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Hackerman,

Just curious... ...dental induction heater.

LazyLathe had access to such a unit once, though i didn't actually manage to obtain much feedback on it. For example is there some Flux Concentrator inside to improve performance of energy conversion into useful heat?

...I only remember it got no traction.

Only because the tested sample was vaguely shaped like Loto labs piss-poor conduction mode susceptor, after all... Though with significantly more mass it would seem.

Lets take another look at that wax tool (on page 1):

Thanks to LazyLathe we finally know the NoFlame device is rated 115 Volts @ 2 Amperes and delivers 100 Watts of IH power.

:doh:

Personally i was hoping for 250 ~ 300 Watts. Anyway i'd want direct 3-Phase conversion these days, just to satisfy natural curiosity...

:D

Good day, have fun! :peace:

Egzoset,

Dynavaper

Karma Farmer
I have bought one of those devices for quite some price (the original unit, not the chinese copy). Short story: Not worth the trouble. It is not properly adjustable to the VC mass and fails miserably. Don't spend a single cent on a device like this - Learn from my expensive mistake... ;)

I have bought one of those devices for quite some price (the original unit, not the chinese copy). Short story: Not worth the trouble. It is not properly adjustable to the VC mass and fails miserably. Don't spend a single cent on a device like this - Learn from my expensive mistake... ;)

Now, THAT'S the answer I was looking for. LOL

Thanks. Saved me 50 bux I can put towards something better instead of another item in the trash drawer. LOL

Thanks again

Top Bottom