VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

abjake55

Tech Geek
Regardless of the DV induction heater coming "soon", I still want and will use the jarhead in the mancave. The battery operated DV model will be fine for out and about. Just how many inquisition syndromes can a guy have????? ( DONT TELL SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED!!!! )

szai

Regardless of the DV induction heater coming "soon", I still want and will use the jarhead in the mancave. The battery operated DV model will be fine for out and about. Just how many inquisition syndromes can a guy have????? ( DONT TELL SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED!!!! )

I got a portside and at first the was ideas was to use it until I got my mini and sell it. Now I'm thinking maybe it'll be my at home unit and the DV could be car and the mini could be pocket. DV could also be for foul weather use.

You guys are free to use my rationalization for your own needs!:brow:

needalift

Zfb1MUz.jpg

Got my PS mini today . Thanks @Pipes !!! It more awesome than I thought it would be . Works great and is actually smaller than I had assumed . Pipes you are the man !!!!

szai

I finally got to use my portside. Any tips if I just wait until the couch it doesn't produce much vapor?

needalift

I finally got to use my portside. Any tips if I just wait until the couch it doesn't produce much vapor?

Are you sure no vapor ?? Or did you purposely write couch ??:lol:
I don’t have this problem , but maybe count 1 - 2 seconds after click and then remove .

Are you using a steel or TI tip ?

needalift,
Reactions: Summer

szai

Are you sure no vapor ?? Or did you purposely write couch ??:lol:
I don’t have this problem , but maybe count 1 - 2 seconds after click and then remove .

Are you using a steel or TI tip ?

Ti tip.
Couch was autocorrect.

I figured it was a timing thing.

Edit: just tried and it evenly cooked the top half of the bowl the bottom half is green.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@szai, do a search for four one-thousand in this thread & you'll get some tips.

Edited to add: @szai, as far as the bottom still being green, it's because the IH only heats the top of the cap. I do 2 heat cycles & either fold the bottom herb to the top or just use the digger & scoop out the top layer exposing the green & heat again.

needalift

Interesting ... I keep my tip set at the lowest setting . Maybe that’s why I don’t have the green on the bottom issue

needalift,

MAbud

I barely leave mine in past the click and it produces a ton of vapor. I think if I went 4 seconds past I would combust quite badly

Summer

Long Island, NY
Interesting ... I keep my tip set at the lowest setting . Maybe that’s why I don’t have the green on the bottom issue

I assume with the smallest bowl size, that you're completely extracting like 2 hits in 1 cycle?

I barely leave mine in past the click and it produces a ton of vapor. I think if I went 4 seconds past I would combust quite badly

It's really quite odd & unique that all of us vc users who all possess the exact same device are in 2 different camps. What works for 1/2 the camp, works completely different for the other 1/2. It's truly fascinating. :nod: And if I had the mindset, I'd ponder it further, but I don't. :p

So @szai, did you find what you needed?

szai

I assume with the smallest bowl size, that you're completely extracting like 2 hits in 1 cycle?

It's really quite odd & unique that all of us vc users who all possess the exact same device are in 2 different camps. What works for 1/2 the camp, works completely different for the other 1/2. It's truly fascinating. :nod: And if I had the mindset, I'd ponder it further, but I don't. :p

Not yet but it's not as if marijuana use doesn't have a learning curve. I started by smoking hash alone in a small tobacco pipe in the winter in 2016. It was kinda of hard but I got by. I threw it back on charge and we'll try again later.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Smoking hash was hard??? Back in the 70's hash was like the Beatles, it was every where & cheap. I loved it. Today, it's harder to come-by & expensive.

Yeah, it's a learning curve. Do the search, try the tips & adapt it to what works best for you.

Last edited:

szai

Smoking hash was hard??? Back in the 70's hash was like the Beatles, it was every where & cheap. I loved it.

Yeah, it's a learning curve. Do the search, try the tips & adapt it to what works best for you.

It kind of was if you don't want to use tobacco and don't really know what you're doing and don't have anyone to ask.

This is the kind of hash I had.

IlPxoo3.jpg

xsteve420

I thought you could adjust how far your vapcap went in the coil so you could pick where it heated

Edit never mind did a search looks like it changed! Can't delete my reply lol

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
I thought you could adjust how far your vapcap went in the coil so you could pick where it heated
Edit never mind did a search looks like it changed! Can't delete my reply lol

Heating the cap has no relationship to adjusting the coil/condenser in the Omin for airflow control. I'm assuming that's what you meant.

needalift

There is a piece of wood ( I think ) at the bottom of the coil in the induction heater . Early on when Pipes first started making them , he mentioned that you could cut it down so that more of the tip / cap would go into the induction heater . I believe that’s what @xsteve420 was referring to

needalift

Actually I get 3-4 good hits and I’m left with perfect golden brown abv .i can get 5-6 without it getting too dark to stand . I don’t know if I have a different technique or what .
I too manage to get great vapor right at the click with the IH .

needalift,

AtomicPB

Isn't that how most people smoke hash is mixed with tobacco?

No. Just pure hash. Never mixed weed with tobacco. Only heard about it being done in EU after I joined FC.

I am not sure if it is done in the whole EU but back in the day, we did it like this in Germany.

Dependent on the quality of the hash we either rolled little "worms" that we rolled into a tobacco joint (that only worked with really oily hash) or we heated the hash to crumble it and then mixed it with tobacco and rolled a joint out of the mix.

The hash back then was cheaper than weed but I really don't want to know what we really smoked ... in retrospect our hash was probably a mix of henna or shoe polish and hash if not worse. We always considered hash less desirable than weed in those times and it's really long ago ... about 18 years ... we switched to weed and since some years we grow our own plants where I am sure that there is no BS in my weed that potentially ruins my health.

Edit: Until I quit smoking and went to vaping, I always mixed my herb with tobacco in a joint. And I never heard of anybody here who smokes joints without tobacco. So I would consider it the normal way to consume weed here. One of the reasons I started vaping, because even when I had no weed, I would smoke tobacco as substitute (and probably tobacco addiction). Nowadays I only vape and don't do any tobacco anymore. Feeling a lot more healthy since quiting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom