VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Shipping has begun for the Portsides, batch 2.
About 1/2 way through the list.

So as a reminder about battery installation. Only 4 screws need to be removed.
Rest unit with battery gauge facing down.
Remove upper two screws on the back side with the switch and charge plug.
Remove the bottom two screws on front plate.
Lid will slide forward and you will see battery holder.
Insert your batteries as batteries label shows.
Reassemble.

Enjoy!

:science:

Square4Life

Shipping has begun for the Portsides, batch 2.
About 1/2 way through the list.

So as a reminder about battery installation. Only 4 screws need to be removed.
Rest unit with battery gauge facing down.
Remove upper two screws on the back side with the switch and charge plug.
Remove the bottom two screws on front plate.
Lid will slide forward and you will see battery holder.
Insert your batteries as batteries label shows.
Reassemble.

Enjoy!

:science:
Can't wait to get mine in! Not sure how long the Canada>states will take but I'm really hoping by this Saturday...*fingers crossed* lol

Dynalowrider

While laying in my hammock, (with my Jarhead within reach). I thought how can I make this thing more portable. I'm thinking of running some 12 gauge low-voltage wire direct to the battery in my truck.
My question Pipes, is can I build a battery pack for my Jarhead? If so would it work well enough to support my Jarhead? Doc

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Uh... I'm so confused. Isn't that a Portside?

Maybe its too early for me. On my first cup...

cybrguy,

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Dynalowrider that's what I'm aiming for with mine.

I separated the heater from the battery, so if I want I can plug it into the mains or the 3s 18650.

My buddy poo poo'd the idea of induction the first time he came round, the other night he was all for it, even asking if it was possible to wire one permanently inside his car.

It may mean a regulator as an alternators outputs can fluctuate.

duff

Well worn
I think you'll love it!
I"m loving it.

I've primarily still used this beauty with concentrates where it absolutely excels and I don't have to worry about combustion.

Just now, after a miserable fucking day, I ran a load of flower through it. I stopped at the click and had three very tasty hits with minimal visible vapor. I like that and only really chase clouds for videos.

Herb came out nice and even with no scorching at all.
BRWE7Cx.jpg

After I get off the phone with Verizon, which apparently may never happen, I'm going to push past the click a bit and see what I can do.

I'm still amazed at how fast it is. The Ti tip takes ~5 seconds.

The setup is so damn cool looking too.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I love my VCs, and they aren't that hard to use, but they are an order of magnitude easier to use with @Pipes Inductions heaters. A little less portable (much less with Jarhead) but box o' rocks easy to use and very rewarding.

Out and about the torches are dandy, but at home my Jarhead reigns...

Gigsabits53

I"m loving it.

I've primarily still used this beauty with concentrates where it absolutely excels and I don't have to worry about combustion.

Just now, after a miserable fucking day, I ran a load of flower through it. I stopped at the click and had three very tasty hits with minimal vissible vapor. I like that and only really chase clouds for videos.

Herb came out nice and even with no scorching at all.
BRWE7Cx.jpg

After I get off the phone with Verizon, which apparently may never happen, I'm going to push past the click a bit and see what I can do.

I'm still amazed at how fast it is. The Ti tip takes ~5 seconds.

The setup is so damn cool looking too.

I have been going 6-7 seconds past the click for the 1st cycle, still not alot of visible vapor but taste is amazing! I tend to go 5-6 seconds past the click for the rest of the bowl. My AVB tends to be darker towards the top of the cap but there is not too much of a difference. I do not have the Ti tip though.

I love the skeletor, makes it so easy. I still use a torch on my VC once in a while, but 90% of the time Im using the skeletor.

xlr8shun

I have been going 6-7 seconds past the click for the 1st cycle, still not alot of visible vapor but taste is amazing! I tend to go 5-6 seconds past the click for the rest of the bowl. My AVB tends to be darker towards the top of the cap but there is not too much of a difference. I do not have the Ti tip though.

Pretty much echos my experiences to the letter.

My JarheadII & vapcaps are all that gets used now around the house. I am seriously considering a skeletor as well (possibly portside) just because my JarheadII preforms so well i hardly ever want to pick up a torch anymore.

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
My skeletor has a home. I've walked by this Tin several times since I ordered my skeletor thinking it wouldn't fit or there was something better. Well there may be something better, though I have yet to find it and I may not now that I've fixed this one up.
This set of tins of famous artists has been holding screws and nails in my garage for at least 15 years and the copyright on these are 1996.
I picked my favorite of the four.

Presenting Claude. As in Claude Monet.

I'm hoping this pic works. Imgur won't let you upload anymore that I can see from my phone and tinypic kept crashing.

Everything fit perfectly. A 1/4 spacer below all of it and I replaced the tic tax box with a slightly higher more solid spacer. It's all friction fit including the on off switch which is why I left it inside. I stacked another magnet on top of the one that came on it and it magnetizes the lid enough to hold the vapcap. LOVE THIS THING! Mad props to @Pipes

Last edited:

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Hey guys, I'm interested in trying one of these out with my Vapcap M, but I can't find a purchase link anywhere. Halp?

sk8man121,

DirtyD

Any good souls know the price of the port side? Got me a skeletor on the way, just curious about the price difference as well as other differences ( besides that I have to build "Skelly" a house...) Btw- I am friggin STOKED!!!)))))) Thanks and Cheers, D.

Top Bottom