VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

grokit

well-worn member
Credit due, big thanks to @Diggy Smalls for this idea :clap:

UyAkPvW.jpg

Got @Pipes magnets covering the screw holes in the lid, and a dynavap one in between.

Plus I still have a little over half a tin of marbles left over :)

I can't wait to see what she looks like in the dark :cool:

Feels solid as a rock :tup:

:sherlock:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
@grokit That looks so good. The light will make it look sweet. I'm seriously jealous of your creation. I feel like the added weight would be good, too. Do any of the marbles jiggle around at all, or were you able to get it pretty tight in there? Seriously, kudos. I hope it performs well....I can't foresee any issues...unless maybe you drop it...

goodpunk6

Credit due, big thanks to @Diggy Smalls for this idea :clap:

UyAkPvW.jpg

Got @Pipes magnets covering the screw holes in the lid, and a dynavap one in between.

Plus I still have a little over half a tin of marbles left over :)

I can't wait to see what she looks like in the dark :cool:

Feels solid as a rock :tup:

got a link for those magnets? I would love to just let my Omni/Nonavong and M to just sit up there. Those fuckers need to be strong though

grokit

well-worn member
got a link for those magnets? I would love to just let my Omni/Nonavong and M to just sit up there. Those fuckers need to be strong though
I've got three magnets, that look identical but they're not. Two are from @Pipes (one was in the jarhead and one was on the portside), and one from dynavap. I wish I had bought more from dynavap, even though they're $5 a pop they're the only ones that work properly, and I don't think they've been listed on their site since. I'm guessing the proper ones are hard to source, 'rare' even so george doesn't have enough to sell atm. Hopefully he'll get a bunch more in stock at some point and be able to offer them al a carte again.

kNLb0Zq.jpg

Here's the best shot I could get for now (without a tripod) of my 'marbles in the dark' :tup:

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I've got three magnets, that look identical but they're not. Two are from @Pipes (one was in the jarhead and one was on the portside), and one from dynavap. I wish I had bought more from dynavap, even though they're $5 a pop they're the only ones that work properly, and I don't think they've been listed on their site since. I'm guessing the proper ones are hard to source, 'rare' even so george doesn't have enough to sell atm. Hopefully he'll get a bunch more in stock at some point and be able to offer them al a carte again.

kNLb0Zq.jpg

Here's the best shot I could get for now (without a tripod) of my 'marbles in the dark' :tup:

Looks awesome man, be careful where you put your JarHead though. You don't want to lose all your marbles all at once :lol:

*well someone was gonna make that joke, figured it may as well be me.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I mostly use my VCs out of the house for 2 reasons. One is that I have some outstanding vapes at home that pretty much stay there, and 2, butane is a bit of a hassle and why use it at home if ya don't gotta?

Soon, my Jarhead will arrive, and I expect there will be some change happenin around here at casa cybrguy. Anything that makes VCs easier will push them forward in rotation, and taking much of the "think" out of the process can only be encouragement. Other vapes will likely suffer. It is sad.... for them.

My Jarhead got tagged in Toronto last night. Come oooooon jarhead...

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Those are Axial magazinesd magnets.

Your looking for diametrically magnetised magnets :shrug:

I saw that. Then I looked at their description of how they act vs the diametrical ones. I don't know, based on their description, I think the ones I linked will hold in the middle. Their diametric ones are attracted on the sides to each other :shrug:

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/magdir.asp

For example, their mounting magnets use axial magnets with north facing up. To me that says the holding force is in the center.

alltoreup,

xlr8shun

I saw that. Then I looked at their description of how they act vs the diametrical ones. I don't know, based on their description, I think the ones I linked will hold in the middle. Their diametric ones are attracted on the sides to each other :shrug:

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/magdir.asp

For example, their mounting magnets use axial magnets with north facing up. To me that says the holding force is in the center.

already been discussed in the vapcap thread, you need diametric..

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-622#post-1120931

or you can use other shapes besides discs. i like the cubes, and someone was putting cylinders in ceramic...

xlr8shun,

Dynalowrider

Pipes is there a magnet in my Jarhead? If so it's under the works on the lid. I do not want to take the works off the lid to get it. I can feel a slight pull on the cap in the center of the lid on top. Did a magnet get jostled to the center of the lid under the works? Doc

Dynalowrider,
Reactions: grokit

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
@xlr8shun thanks! I was reading the diagram incorrectly. Now I see how it works. N52 diametric seem to be hard to find in that same size. I'll have to get creative once my skeletor arrives. A cylinder going through to two sides might be cool. Hmmm:science:

Last edited:
alltoreup,

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Pipes is there a magnet in my Jarhead? If so it's under the works on the lid. I do not want to take the works off the lid to get it. I can feel a slight pull on the cap in the center of the lid on top. Did a magnet get jostled to the center of the lid under the works? Doc
You are correct that the magnet is under the lid. Only strong enough to keep the VC standing easy. I was doing this because it hides the fact that the VC is going to the side of magnet as currently being discussed. I have tried about 5 different sources for magnets now but haven't hit the "diametric" ones yet. At least now I know what to look for in sourcing. :sherlock:
You can get the magnet out if you want, by using a pick and sliding it sideways from under the lid.
:science:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My Jarhead got tagged in Toronto last night. Come oooooon jarhead...
OK, so good news and bad news. It is showing up in the US processing through the customs facility in Chicago, which I could probably see if I got up on the roof of my building. That is the good news.
The bad news is the estimated delivery day has changed to Monday as items often take a few days to get out of Chicago's (Ohare) customs facility. So even tho I could drive over there in 10 minutes or so and get it if they would let me in, in actual fact I may not see it until Monday. Been through this before with shipments from China.

Oh well, it will get here when it does.:rolleyes: Not like I can't indulge until it gets here. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.

MonkeyTime

OK, so good news and bad news. It is showing up in the US processing through the customs facility in Chicago, which I could probably see if I got up on the roof of my building. That is the good news.
The bad news is the estimated delivery day has changed to Monday as items often take a few days to get out of Chicago's (Ohare) customs facility. So even tho I could drive over there in 10 minutes or so and get it if they would let me in, in actual fact I may not see it until Monday. Been through this before with shipments from China.

Oh well, it will get here when it does.:rolleyes: Not like I can't indulge until it gets here. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.
Noooooo, that's not what I wanted to hear! :goon:

I'm afraid to check for an update, I've only been checking about 5 packages once an hour for a few days lol.

Tell ya what @cybrguy , I'll drive down and pick them both up and drop yours off!

**Edit - ok, we'll have to reschedule for Monday, I'm bumped back too. I'll just be glad if they don't lose it and it really shows! Maybe my sale order will surprise me and arrive unannounced.....

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: cybrguy

Dynalowrider

Shieldsab, I lost the sight in my right eye a while back, so losing 3-D and my depth perception it makes it a little hard to know where the flame is. To compensate I made a little aluminium fork that holds my vc in the flame. I just have to pay attention to how far into the flame I place it.
I also use a Vector Pyramid lighter that has a cup around the flame with a notch in it. This lighter looks like it was designed for the VapCap. It also has an added benefit, in that it helps amplifies the click. Vector has a No-Proof Warranty. If it quits you pay for the return shipping they will repair it.
Just trying to help. I do have a Jarhead I named Sergeant. It works great in the house, but the extension cord gets a little long.:lol: Good luck. Doc

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
I've had some form of vapcap for well over a year and have used one or another almost daily for that long:rockon:

I just realized that as a right handed person who, in general, treats his left hand as a dumb mirror image of its opposing appendage or to simply hold things that my right hand works on, that I absolutely can't spin my vapcap in my right hand. I've tried. Many times. It just doesn't feel right. Light in right, spinning vapcap in left-that's just how I do it. So weird.
Any one else out there use their off hand to rotate? Curious weirdo wants to know:wave:

*edit for PSA - posting when high might cause you to post in the wrong thread. I meant this for the torch users in the vapcap thread but you know...I'm high and messed it up.
But thanks for the answers nonetheless all!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom