1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Pipes, Nov 23, 2016.

1. MonkeyTime

MonkeyTime Well-Known Member

I just paid ya brother, one of those is mine! Send 'er my way @Pipes , I promise she'll be pushed hard and appreciated!

I'm really thinking that this could be the piece that makes the VC special for me, can't wait.

Squiby, grokit, Derrrpp and 3 others like this.
  2. xlr8shun

xlr8shun Well-Known Member

@Pipes you might be on to something with this whole 'president head in a jar' thing :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sketch420, The Beagle, Joaon and 13 others like this.
  3. goodpunk6

goodpunk6 Well-Known Member

Paid and I can't wait to get my Jarhead II!

Squiby, Derrrpp, cybrguy and 4 others like this.
  4. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Hmmmmm... Does anyone remember the old Alfred Hitchcock tv episode called "The Jar"?

The Beagle likes this.
  5. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

O wow. I just colluded with a foreign national to influence a national election. I hope I don't have to get a lawyer.:rockon::myday:

The Beagle and Derrrpp like this.
  6. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

While I have ZERO sympathy for the principles, I can't help but have some for the underlings (aides) who may well have done nothing wrong but now have no choice but to lawyer up. That is sure to cost 6 figures...

Anyway, how long do these guys (Jarheads) take to be delivered in the states? Are we talking a week or just a few days. The $20 stung a bit, but international is what it is and I'm excited to try this out.

duff and Derrrpp like this.
  7. goodpunk6

Yeah I'm wondering this myself.

@Pipes are they all like that? With Trump on it? If so, is it easily removable?

Derrrpp likes this.
  8. Pipes

Pipes Addicted DIY Enthusiast Accessory Maker

LOL, yeah, Trump's head may not be the best choice for everyone, but sure felt good stuffing him in. :D
    They can be removed as is just a piece of lacquered paper. The modular is in pretty tight going through the top opening, but can be gently pulled out.
    There is just enough power cord slack to not have to take the power plug out of the glass

If you guys want to google around for a better picture, go for it and let me know. The "head in a jar" IMO, is quite cool as it gives some 3D illusion to it. Anyone can make one up as it's a face shot and a shot from each side of the head and then photo shopped to blend the 3 pictures together. And make the colour of dead flesh. Add of few pieces of real hair sticking down from the top for added illusion. :brow:
    Another idea is to have a picture of just vapor.... Or a picture of nothing but a jar of eyeballs. Dress it up for Halloween. :brow: Or Santa for Christmas. .?
    So many possibilities. Keep in mind the glass is distorted with fruit shapes which enhances the effect by not letting people see that clearly.

Shipping to US includes a tracking number and generally takes around 5-7 business days. Have being using the "PP print shipping label" option and works out well. Less back and forth communication as they do the tracking and shipping advising. :clap: You have to keep in mind PP takes a cut of all my transactions. They love me these days...

:science:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    The Beagle, Derrrpp, Squiby and 10 others like this.
  9. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Just be careful they don't figure out what you are actually selling or they will drop you like a rock, as they have with other vendors including DV. I think they are in the process of doing that to RBT as we speak... :ugh:

Derrrpp, Squiby, Hogni and 3 others like this.
  10. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

Always way a-head @Pipes, Love how you dressed jarhead, beautiful and simple, really freaking inspiring idea!

My home made portside still kicking, no flaws or performances slow down

I think I am Going to make a jarhead style with last coil and battery holder :)

11. Pipes

Thanks, was not aware they were so strict about that stuff. I tend not to use the word "vape" in any descriptions but words like "DIY kit" or "induction heater kit" in descriptions and just the weird names of the device. But good to know and mums the word. :tup:

@Andreaerdna, check out some of the pre-made ones.

And this is how I spend my afternoon. Got quite a few rear covers drilled and fitted with the wire harnesses. Just so you guys awaiting the Portsides know I'm not slacking...:D

[​IMG]

:tup:

12. grokit

grokit well-worn member

In fairness, there's a lot of different things that could be stuck into this induction heater's hole :brow:

:dog:

13. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Some of those are great. I am perfectly happy with your choice... :mental:

Derrrpp, Squiby, Hogni and 3 others like this.
  14. grokit

grokit well-worn member

Seriously what else... like an old-school one-hitter bat would probably work well, easy to find out but that certainly wouldn't make this more acceptable to the feds. An actual cigarette lighter? Nope the click takes too much pressure. Hmmm. There has to be a theoretical use for this thing that doesn't involve vaping.

edit: cordless fire starter, maybe stick a twig in it & see what happens. Matches seem easier though.

:hmm:

Derrrpp, duff, Stu and 1 other person like this.
  15. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

@Pipes for fun I think I will put heating monitor led right behind picture eyes giving an extra fun to the ritual :)

16. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Mine is a "Butter Knife Warmerupper"
    [​IMG]

:peace:

The Beagle, Derrrpp, Squiby and 9 others like this.
  17. Dynalowrider

Dynalowrider Well-Known Member

Roller Bearing Installation Tool. Doc

18. turk

turk turk

...looks good pipes.....I'm on that list.

Squiby and Derrrpp like this.
  19. Pipes

Hey Skeletor owners, I just found a good possible container for this unit.
    Seems a google search for "wooden pencil box" yields some very interesting prospects. As long as the inside clears the 65mm square, they will work great. Flip upside down and drill the hole for the glass stack and make a false bottom to affix the Skeletor to and all done.
    Some come with side draws and things like that. So many options. :D

I like this one for practical use. Too bad about the printing on it.

[​IMG]

Or a more plain but elegant Oak piece.

[​IMG]

:science: Have fun!

Alegre, xlr8shun, Joaon and 10 others like this.
  20. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

@Pipes , do hope all is well for you. Wow is this design of yours really taking off or what?!

I have been playing with my IH lately, still haven't glued it together but can see it gappening very soon now. Just want to be fully mentally competent for such a simple task, real soon though. I would need to do it early in the day, but I like to use the jarhead each day you see, not wait hours for it to set.

Can I ask simple advice please? My power supply to jarhead has malfunctioned. Sonce I had it the connection was always a bit loose where the plug goes into the power supply from the mains. Often the blue light would go out and I have to fiddle with it and push it in tighter.

Last night it wasn't working suddenly. I tried to push the cable in better and wiggle etc. Nothing, except occasionally there was a sort of pop or click and the blue light would come on and fade several seconds later. As if power was for a split second only.

I gave up last night. Today I tried again and at last the blue light came on again. I left it on and some hours later tried a vapcap load. There was a popping sound coming from the actual plug and I think the blue light cut out. I removed the cap which was quite warm. Tried again and another pop at the plug so gave up.

Blue light not coming on again now.
    So anyway. Version- I think I need a new power supply. Can I just use any model or does it have to be the same one? I will just go for the cheapest option.
    Big thanks Pipes no urgency at all bro.:tup:

21. Pipes

I wouldn't say not urgent at all. It's a high priority in my books.
    The mains power cord is not the best. I'd say, it's that connection that's failing. It does really needs to be pushed in hard as feels tight when it's not. And the delayed power indicator light doesn't help matters.
    It is a pretty standard power cord for industrial product as well as home computers. You likely have one kicking around somewhere to try.
    Give it a go and PM me back. I have no problem sending you a new supply if need be.

Oh, and the JB Quickweld only takes 20 minutes or so to cure enough to use. Also, if the old glue has being hanging in there, I'd guess it has two good smooth surfaces where they are coming loose. If this is the case, a couple drops of crazy glue will suffice.

:nod:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Derrrpp, GreenHopper, Hogni and 3 others like this.
  22. Alexis

Alexis Open minded philosopher and realist.

Thank you. I am very slow, I jusr realised I have one of these leads with a UK plug, AND longer lead, from an old computer ;) which I used with my Aromed.
    It works now for sure! Simple fix for simple me :lol:.

Thank you Pipes. Enjoy the rest of weekend.

Derrrpp, GreenHopper, Hogni and 3 others like this.
  23. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

I know rz's is a different set up but I said this as soon as I got the hang of mine.
    Especially with the extra mass of the M.

Still counting 4-5 after the first click but adding heat as the vapor dies off, usually before the click, keeps it a joint like experience.

Much better use of battery power, days rather than hours usage.

For me the extended session and more tokes to a bowl is battering me much more, I've been tossing loads at a lighter colour.

24. goodpunk6

So while the cap is in between clicks, you stick back into the heater? How long?? I understand that this is to keep the window open between clicks.

Alexis, Derrrpp and GreenHopper like this.
  25. phattpiggie

phattpiggie Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

@goodpunk6 just for you. Not normally this quick, I 'forced the issue' on this bowl.
    Click to play YouTube Video

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors