VapCap Induction Heater for Desktop and in Car Use

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I want to buy 3 kits. I don't understand why are you ignoring me.
TWFAh9R

https://imgur.com/a/TWFAh9R

bSLmfe0

You ship worldwide, what does the pandemic has to do with it? What the problem in general? Your payment method verifies that you get your payment long before I get the product.

I've got a recommendation from a friend in Israel THAT ALREADY ORDERED FROM YOU.

Explain yourself.

Please take that crap to a PM!

alphakry

He's a 1 post'r, so i doubt he'll care... his intents are obvious.

Just to help support Pipes as well in his reasoning, I sell about a dozen items a week and ship them here domestically in the US. In the last 3 weeks, i have had 4 packages lost... 2 with USPS, 1 each with Fedex and DHL. I'll tell you... the systems are overstressed right now, so I don't blame Pipes at all for being apprehensive to ship - especially internationally.

Simply put, like many posters on this forum have endured months of patience at times when Pipes and others were overwhelmed with demand... you too must wait Day100fun... these are extraordinary times and your extraordinary entitlement ain't going to fly right now.

Day100fun

As long as there's a tracking number, once he sent the products I do not blame him for anything.
And your "months of patience" is irrelevant.
He has the product in stock, I pay in advance, he ships worldwide and I don't care about the shipping time. What's the problem?

And as I said to Pipes on my first message:
I joined this forum specifically for him, after a warm recommendation from a friend that already got the product in here. (That's why it was my first post).

Last edited:
Day100fun,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
As long as there's a tracking number, once he sent the products I do not blame him for anything.
He has the product in stock, I pay in advance, he ships worldwide and I don't care about the shipping time. What's the problem?

I joined this forum specifically for him, after a warm recommendation from a friend that already got the product in here. (That's why it was my first post).

Yeah, your first post on a forum, and you call someone out in public. I don’t know Pipes, I’m writing this because you are WAY OUT OF LINE. Think the next time you post.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker

We all have to sit tight these days for many things.
1/If you read the FAQ, there is NO tracking on international orders. Optional tracking to Israel is like $70.
2/I can't even currently print labels to Israel because of the Pandemic restrictions at your countries end. I just checked from my end.
I try to accommodate everyone's requests but when it's impossible, it's kind of hard to do.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I don't know about that @Pipes .
You've done some pretty incredible things like making some stellar products and a huge devoted following.
That's pretty much impossible for most of us.

:cheers:

My eBay DIY collection is seriously suffering international deliveries. Don't know what's clogging up the works other than general broken links throughout the distribution chain.

yohonomo

Just to spread some more positivity, I want to share my experience:

I joined the forum just to order from Pipes. I contacted him to get on the list for the PSM and received a same day response/confirmation. The next day, I contacted him again to order a Caldron in addition to the PSM. Again, I received a same day response and paid the order with PP. The next day I already received a photo of the package.

Shipping to Germany was extremely fast (9 days) and I couldn't be happier! Well, I will be even happier when 'my' PSM gets shipped. Soon I will sit here with my Caldron and my PSM and act like Gollum.
"My preciousssss." :D

Top notch service from Pipes all the way!
11/10, would buy again! :cheers:

Hey, @Pipes (sorry to keep beating you with this battery thing) or anyone in the know..... Amps are dependent upon draw (if I'm not mistaken) so a higher amp battery should work with all other considerations the same. This one is the same on all specs except the mAh. This one is a 1000 mAh

I am looking at this one... https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...092&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

It is not the proper size so I realize that it's not going to fit into the case. But, I can use it as a desktop model until the correct battery comes into stock (which, right now, looks like never).

So, same 11.1v. Same connector. Same discharge 20-30c rate. Just 1000mAh instead of 800.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Something else I just thought of. Will the charger that original came with this Portside Mini work with this battery as well? Again, thank you.

Hackerman,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@Hackerman - do you happened to have a power brick of say 12v capable of at least 6 amps? One that might happened to plug into the PSM in the charge port? Or even a spare Caldron power supply (probably not huh :rolleyes:)... I think I recall an earlier post to disconnect the battery and just use a more powerful AC brick supply, not the battery charger. The money may be better spent on a backup supply is what I am getting at. We should let @Pipes shime in on that idea though.

TommyDee,
Reactions: endof3d
@Hackerman - do you happened to have a power brick of say 12v capable of at least 6 amps? One that might happened to plug into the PSM in the charge port? Or even a spare Caldron power supply (probably not huh :rolleyes:)... I think I recall an earlier post to disconnect the battery and just use a more powerful AC brick supply, not the battery charger. The money may be better spent on a backup supply is what I am getting at. We should let @Pipes shime in on that idea though.

Yes, I have a 12volt, 8 amp power brick. And, the connector fits perfectly into the Portside Mini input. I plugged it in and the Portside Mini works with the (mini's) power switch turned ON or OFF. It seems to actually work great. (Just did one quick test run).

If it is OK to use it this way and it won't trash the driver or the mosfets, I'll go with this.

Should the Portside Mini ON/OFF switch be ON or OFF for use? It works either way.

Thanks again. If this works, I'll forget the other battery until the proper one is restocked.

Again, thanks to you guys for answering.

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
The battery posted above is too long physically.
Caution with using an external power supply with the PSM. It is fine with the switch turned off, however, if the switch is turned "on" you must ensure the internal battery is disconnected. It would be charging at whatever the supply will put out and you lose the smartness to turn off the power when the battery is fully charged.
Definitely a workaround until there is stock again. :tup:

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
Correct. The switch takes the battery out of the circuit instead of the driver. I wired this way so the connector port is not live when turned off. More pocket friendly in case of loose keys and such. Not really standard but IMO, safer. :nod:

Hackerman,
Reactions: endof3d
I thought about that, too. But, if it's for the RC toys. I ASS U ME they are all standard. We'll wait and see what the Man (Pipes) says. If Hot and GND are the outside black and red, then they match the OG battery I have. Not sure where the two inside wires go.

If Pipes give the OK, I am going to grab a 2-pack. They are all over eBay with "Fast and Free available from one seller. I can have it in a few days. :)

EDIT: After typing his name a dozen times today, I have to wonder where Pipes got his nic. Is it pipes, as in smoking pipes? Tobacco? Plumber (pipes). LOL I always kind of wonder where people get their nics and what they mean.

NexVision

I hope so and ordered it I went by the placement of the black wire being in the same location on the plug. As well as meeting the specs.

NexVision,
Reactions: TommyDee

Fogoff

Hey guys, I've been using PSM for the last 8 months daily. it's a great IH I'm very happy with it however it seems it's heating harder than it was before. It doesn't go to combustion temp but quite close. Don't get me wrong I love a big toasty hit, I'm able to clear the dynavap with one hit. but I don't remember this was the case when I first received it.
Is that possible somehow or am I tripping ?

Fogoff,

MAbud

Thanks guys! Been struggling to find a new battery and charging close to daily right now. I just ordered two!

MAbud,
Reactions: TommyDee

Mono Loco

If a PSM is to be put on furlough for a while, stored away, what is the best approach for the batteries? I assume they should be unplugged, but should they be fully charged before they get shelved? Should they get a maintenance charge every so often ... what is their non-use discharge rate like? Thanks.

Mono Loco,
Top Bottom