• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Spyre/UpToke E-Cigar

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I totally understand that. We have prototype usage videos, both from the lab and from our CNN Money piece. The CNN piece is pretty old and that unit is larger than the final Spyre, but it worked really well.

We'll be releasing more polished videos in Feb. We need time to dial in cosmetic features for production and semi-professionally film and edit the videos.
Can't wait for the vids! How hot did the unit get, say, after 15 minutes use? 30? Could it ever get too hot to hold?

UpToke

Silicon Valley Meets Humboldt County
Manufacturer
How hot did the unit get, say, after 15 minutes use? 30? Could it ever get too hot to hold?

I doubt it. The CPU would cut it off. But we're doing those kinds of temp tests this week.

Does it only have one set operating temperature, 374F/190C ?

Operating temp is determined by user inhalation, within a range. The CPU tries to optimize based on current temp and puff. It's something we have a lot of control over when finalizing firmware.

BrooklynToker

Can we get updated pics and videos please ? I own the Pax and Volcano among other vapes. I'm desperately looking to find a new portable vape. I'm very dissatisfied with the Pax. The Uptoke cigar sounds like my dream come true. I'm not willing to cough up $300 until I see pics and vids of the actual units that will be shipped.

ludwig

Found an article earlier today and it was talking about the UpToke Spyre. Couldn't find anything here about it. It has some features that could make it a very good portable. It looks like it is a Cera copycat.

I would love to see it in action!

http://uptoke.net/spyre-vaporizer.html

FC, whats your thoughts on this? Maybe one of you already have seen it or used it?

Mod note: Threads merged

Last edited by a moderator:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Found an article earlier today and it was talking about the UpToke Spyre. Couldn't find anything here about it. It has some features that could make it a very good portable. It looks like it is a Cera copycat.

I would love to see it in action!

http://uptoke.net/spyre-vaporizer.html

FC, whats your thoughts on this? Maybe one of you already have seen it or used it?
I've seen this before, but under a different name. I believe it was called The Ent.

DDave,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
It was called the UpToke, actually, and I'm surprised we haven't got a thread on the spyre already. It's been talked about on reddit quite a bit.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I found out about this at least a month ago.. I meant to bring it up, but forgot all about it.. I found out about another one too that has yet to be mentioned(I forget what it's called).. but that one was an over sized pen vape that looked to be about a foot long, so I didn't even want to bring it up.. I wouldn't be surprised if we never heard about that 2nd one over here..

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Looks a bit conductiony with the 2sec reheat time and 300puff charge capacity.

Colour me curious though. Although it seems bigger than the cera... 7in.

vorrange,

samuraix420

I'm in the market for a new portable vape. There are a few things I am very curious about.

Convection or conduction?
What kind of material is the chamber/ vapor path made out of?
What kind of size are we looking at length wise?

Looking forward to learning more.

samuraix420,

Rebelleader

I would love to know more about this vape and see more hands on reviews. Im not sure how under wraps it is being kept thus far because I cant find very much on the internet about the Spyre. The specs though seem amazing and I would love to see and find out more! I am interested about the battery life and temperature. I read the posts above but found it a little unclear as to several things. First does the vaporizer turn off automatically if left idle? I currently own a pinnacle pro and find that one of the best features is an auto shutoff since many times one can be forgetful during a session. Another inquiry I have is how exactly does it regulate the temperature by draws? Does it heat up that quick that by adding a few seconds to your draw it can go up 100 degrees? This is important to get that perfect ABV

Rebelleader,

UpToke

Silicon Valley Meets Humboldt County
Manufacturer
I don't know if I'd say things are under wraps, we're pretty approachable at shows. But we're waiting until we send out demo/review units before we do a big online push. Everyone loves videos, after all. To briefly touch on your questions, think of the control mechanism like a smart e-cig. It turns on when inhaling, so it doesn't need to auto shut-off. Temperature is regulated by a CPU running an algorithm that analyzes data from a pressure and various temperature sensors.

llamaman001

I don't know if I'd say things are under wraps, we're pretty approachable at shows. But we're waiting until we send out demo/review units before we do a big online push. Everyone loves videos, after all. To briefly touch on your questions, think of the control mechanism like a smart e-cig. It turns on when inhaling, so it doesn't need to auto shut-off. Temperature is regulated by a CPU running an algorithm that analyzes data from a pressure and various temperature sensors.

any updates uptoke?

llamaman001,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
just got off the Uptoke website, and I am interested... I am eager to see a vid as well:)

FlyingLow,

Jared

Cannabis Enthusiast
If you can really somehow whip this thing out and inhale and instantly get good quality vapor I will buy one. Can't wait for some videos/reviews.

Jared,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Cool, thanks for putting that time frame out there.
I will be watching from the sideline with you...

FlyingLow,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I would suggest multiple temp options or at least a programmable temp that you could set it to the one you want.

stickstones,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

DabComa

Stuck in Dab Coma
Just happened to stumble across this thing in my internet surfing. Spyre vaporizer. This thing not only looks badass but its heating element is fully enclosed in quartz glass! Even though it's designed atm for flower, I'm sure it would work great with concentrates, and they say they have a separate atty coming out later this year that will be for concentrates. Any body out there see one of these yet or get the chance to try one? Please let us know how this baby works!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Nice find dude.. for sure some innovation in there.. I like the ceramic grinder :)

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom