1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Spyre/UpToke E-Cigar

Discussion in 'Thread Candidates' started by photobooth, Apr 5, 2013.

1. DabComa

DabComa Stuck in Dab Coma

Yeah, I didnt realize that... lol. The other thread was made over a year ago before it had been labeled the spyre I guess.

Possibly a mod could combine / change the name of the threads to avoid confusion and update an old thread title?

mod note: Done. Not sure why it wasn't reported before now (May 25)

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2014
    gosaints420 likes this.
  2. Mynameismud

Mynameismud But call me Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie.

Says it's available now! Shipping time is 6-8 weeks though so not really and price is now 299

Jared and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  3. grokit

grokit power cosmic

Just because this thread needs pictures.

[​IMG]
    6.9in x 1in x 1in
    Another phallic portable, could look worse

[​IMG]
    So we load buds into the first chamber, then it grinds into the 2nd chamber where the material gets heated, then you suck the resulting vapor back out of the first/grinding chamber?
    Reviews should be interesting:popcorn:

4. toros23

toros23 Well-Known Member

I emailed them a few weeks ago asking if I could come by to try it out before making a purchase but unsurprisingly they declined. They said they would be attending some events in the Bay Area after release, so I will wait and see if they turn up anywhere and report back.

215z, Jared and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  5. cawshook

cawshook Solod out.

I can already see an issue with the Grinder getting stuck very often. I hope it works well though.

6. KeroZen

KeroZen Chronic vapaholic

Hm it's half-way between a Crayola pen and a dildo...

TheWizard and CarolKing like this.
  7. UpToke

UpToke Silicon Valley Meets Humboldt County Manufacturer

Hmm....for some reason FC wasn't emailing us updates when someone posted, so we didn't see your questions. I'm glad I logged in and checked.

I'm glad everyone is excited to try the Spyre out. We'll release videos eventually, but at the moment we're still working on manufacturing. One of our suppliers is having some issues, and we're working with them to resolve it. We'll be sending an update email through our mailing list once we have it resolved and have updated shipping times.

8. Jared

Jared Cannabis Enthusiast

I might consider buying one if these if I could see it in action first.

9. SnidelyWhiplash

SnidelyWhiplash Well-Known Member

So pre-orders ship in 4-6 weeks but there isnt anything but a 3d model available to look at? We need video of performance and photos of a real product. BUT it looks baddass...

Jared likes this.
  10. MolecularConcept

MolecularConcept Active Member

Looks neat, some interesting features. Its quite large tho. Neat concepts I'd like to see INA smaller package

11. 215z

215z Well-Known Member

@UpToke you will get a lot of marketing value for your buck if you host a testing session for us.

I'm not famous here, but there are a lot of bay area FCers who will be up to checking you out, and we'll post text and video reviews.

We'll bring plenty of bud!

Jared and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  12. Unisonruss

Unisonruss Well-Known Member

I have been dying for a vaporizer like this! I've always wanted a portable where I could just inhale and get amazing vapor and clouds! If this vaporizer can do that, I will buy it immediately. Please provide demo video, and pictures of being in use. You have a lot eager folks here waiting :) $300 is very steep, but possibly worth it if this thing does everything it says.

13. sasNW

sasNW SmartVape all day

Just a heads up there are portables on the forum that deliver clouds just by inhaling... No need To wait for this if you don't want to, been a good while since there's been any updates on this

215z likes this.
  14. Unisonruss

I meant especially because of the super-short warmup time, and no button to push. What other vapes offer this?

15. sasNW

sasNW SmartVape all day

Shit Snacks likes this.
  16. Unisonruss

17. toros23

toros23 Well-Known Member

Just checked their site for first time in long time.. Says "Available Now" but also says "Delivery Six to Eight weeks". I am guessing neither is correct.

Quetzalcoatl, 215z and RUDE BOY like this.
  18. chillersnov8p

chillersnov8p Well-Known Member

Hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up with a post but have to ask, what's going on with this vape? Seems like they had lots of momentum based on media articles I read. Has anyone preordered or been offered to be a tester? As an elevape owner I like the draw on aspect and the grinder tip would solve the stirring issue.

Shit Snacks and Jared like this.
  19. mrweed

mrweed vaporizer review blogger

"hanks for reaching out. We're in manufacturing and not currently ready to send out review samples, but we're happy to connect with you when we are." that's what they've told me in january

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors