Underdog Log Vapes

placetime

i think i'm going to have to order an aquavape soon too, in anticipation of getting a dog :brow:

placetime,

propjoe

underdog said:
propjoe said:
what site is the best place to get one? they look sick.

I don't know if it's the best place but I bought mine directly from the Vaporfection store here: http://vaporfection.com/products/category/accessories/ I got the Standard which is approx 5" long, the large is approximately 8", both fit the 3/8" tubing.

it looks like all someone would need is that aqua vape attachment. are there other pieces to make it work with the underdog? or is just that one piece? thank dave.

propjoe,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Propjoe all you need to do is order the aquavape from anywhere you'd like. Nothing else is needed. The silicone stem will slide right over one end. Check a few pages back somewhere in this thread you can see a picture of mine set up ready for use :)

darkrom,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
placetime said:
i think i'm going to have to order an aquavape soon too, in anticipation of getting a dog :brow:

I haven't forgotten about you placetime.. just been uber-busy working on uber-Twigs and other assorted uber-projects. :cool:

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
How late can we put an order in if we want one of the new twigs. I still have a few rooms in my house that are Dog free :cool:

Gonzo,

placetime

No worries, Dave--I'm not feeling impatient at all. I'm glad that it'll have the new core when you get to it. :D

Looks like you're starting to run low on choices for glass stems though. Any chance your glass guy is going to be making more soon?
:peace:

placetime,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
How late can we put an order in if we want one of the new twigs. I still have a few rooms in my house that are Dog free :cool:

Haha.. you can put a reservation in whenever you'd like.. I was just asking people to email me so I could plan my production accordingly. If you want shoot me an email, I'll put you on the list and we can discuss wood types. :cool:

placetime said:
No worries, Dave--I'm not feeling impatient at all. I'm glad that it'll have the new core when you get to it. :D

Looks like you're starting to run low on choices for glass stems though. Any chance your glass guy is going to be making more soon?
:peace:

Yep, it'll have the latest and greatest everything when it gets made! I've been trying to ignore the increasingly limited selection of glass since I have to pay for it up front and it costs me a bundle but I won't be able to ignore it much longer.. :rolleyes:

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
Pulling out some oldschool tech here in the doghouse tonight..

When I first started making UDs I envisioned them (in addition to other things) as battery powered portables and so designed them to be as small as possible right off the bat. Well for many reasons each subsequent revision ended up bigger than the last until I reached the current state of things.

Anyways, I digress.. going through the prototype box last night I rediscovered the micro-Twig, based on a 1st gen 1/4" core. :cool:

microvape1.jpg

microvape2.jpg

Enjoy! G'night..

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
LOL looks like that micro twig got an erection (of the heater core) :) !
Well how long this one heats up ? I read Toasty top has a new twig too which is heating within 5 minutes !
If it heats fast , how much power would be needed for it to be portable ?

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
THCMuscle said:
How much for a Micro-twig? I want one.

Heh I'm not selling them THC.. :D I am working on uber-Twigs though which are like the taller one on the right side of the pic.. they're built on the more powerful core and kick more ass.

placetime said:
underdog said:
the micro-Twig, based on a 1st gen 1/4" core.

that looks cool! what was the downside to making it that small?

So many downsides, much harder welding and soldering in the core, harder to make the wooden body, more wear and tear from such a small thermal mass. Fun though.. :brow:

psyshaman said:
Awesome tiny dawg, how did it hit?
A little bit harder than the b-day vape based on a full size 1/4" core, the first time I took a long draw on it with a close packed stem it actually combusted haha.. yuck.

Abysmal Vapor said:
LOL looks like that micro twig got an erection (of the heater core) :) !
Well how long this one heats up ? I read Toasty top has a new twig too which is heating within 5 minutes !
If it heats fast , how much power would be needed for it to be portable ?

Hmm.. it heats pretty fast.. 5 minutes? I've got 2 different battery packs that it will actually work with (and that I've used) but still not at a size I wanted to do production with.

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
The package just came in darkrom, thanks.. I'll start working on retrofitting your piece soon.

On the subject of carbon fiber.. holy crap! what were you planning on making when you bought all this? A sailboat hull? Hahaha.. geez! :lol:

underdog,

Marx

Greetings from downunder - from a longtime lurker, now fully fledged member of FC!

Thought I'd make my first post in this section as I've been excited reading the hype around the UD vape and am currently considering my next purchase and am strongly leaning towards it...

I'm currently running a EQ home setup and have WISPR/Iolite as my portable solution. It would be nice to see what all this log vape hype is about and I value and respect the evident experience of many of those people who continually share their experience on this site.

Am keen to understand the general concensus from those who have used the UD as well as the Extreme Q and share commentary on vapor quality/thickness.

To further fuel this discussion, I am looking to add some glassware to this setup and was hoping to glean a few pearls of communal wisdom regarding experiences with bubblers/percs and how successful you've been with using the UD in comparison to other vapes (e.g. the Extreme Q)...

Look forward to sharing some of my own vaping experiences with you in due course.

Marx,

Abysmal Vapor

Marx said:
Greetings from downunder - from a longtime lurker, now fully fledged member of FC!

Thought I'd make my first post in this section as I've been excited reading the hype around the UD vape and am currently considering my next purchase and am strongly leaning towards it...

I'm currently running a EQ home setup and have WISPR/Iolite as my portable solution. It would be nice to see what all this log vape hype is about and I value and respect the evident experience of many of those people who continually share their experience on this site.

Am keen to understand the general concensus from those who have used the UD as well as the Extreme Q and share commentary on vapor quality/thickness.

To further fuel this discussion, I am looking to add some glassware to this setup and was hoping to glean a few pearls of communal wisdom regarding experiences with bubblers/percs and how successful you've been with using the UD in comparison to other vapes (e.g. the Extreme Q)...

Look forward to sharing some of my own vaping experiences with you in due course.
Hype or not , UD is the vaporists best friend :)!

Abysmal Vapor,

CaptainDDL

Marx said:

My Underdog was worth every penny, and then some! Knowing Dave is there if you ever have a problem is reassuring as well, the best customer service I've ever seen! :)

I can get some really thick clouds out of my birthday vape, I can't imagine what sort of monster clouds the guys with a 3/8" core can make. :p

CaptainDDL,

Abysmal Vapor

Marx said:

To further fuel this discussion, I am looking to add some glassware to this setup and was hoping to glean a few pearls of communal wisdom regarding experiences with bubblers/percs and how successful you've been with using the UD in comparison to other vapes (e.g. the Extreme Q)...]
Look forward to sharing some of my own vaping experiences with you in due course .
Ud vs 69 cm wp

9k2dd1.jpg

Extreme Q can never extract such a fat cloud off this amount .. Also the color of the abv is so nice... that a friend of mine joked that he will be making a fortune selling his abv if looks like mine.

Abysmal Vapor,

Adobewan

I have an Extreme Q and it's my favorite vape of all... but I use my UD WAY more than the Q since the UD arrived. Once warmed up, the UD is just so quick and easy to use, as well as significantly more economic.
And regarding Dave's wood work, you'll find yourself holding and kneading the warm, finely carved wood in your hand, connecting to the piece in a way I never could with my beloved Q tower.
And I continue to be impressed with the thick clouds.
Also, couldn't agree more with CaptainDDL re: milk from my BDay vape, how there might actually be bigger clouds from another model, and Dave's killer service.

I bought one of the discounted Vaper Tamers from DaBudda for $15 and it rocks with the UD.
I would happily buy both the Q and the UD again.
Take the leap, you will not be sorry!

Adobewan,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Adobewan said:
I have an Extreme Q and it's my favorite vape of all... but I use my UD WAY more than the Q since the UD arrived. Once warmed up, the UD is just so quick and easy to use, as well as significantly more economic.
And regarding Dave's wood work, you'll find yourself holding and kneading the warm, finely carved wood in your hand, connecting to the piece in a way I never could with my beloved Q tower.
And I continue to be impressed with the thick clouds.
Also, couldn't agree more with CaptainDDL re: milk from my BDay vape, how there might actually be bigger clouds from another model, and Dave's killer service.

I bought one of the discounted Vaper Tamers from DaBudda for $15 and it rocks with the UD.
I would happily buy both the Q and the UD again.
Take the leap, you will not be sorry!

I have been trying to get my vapor tamer to work with my UD but have not had any luck. How are you making a good seal on the heater core with the VT? Or are you using it in some other way. Would love to get some help with this.

Gonzo,

Abysmal Vapor

Hmm do you attach the VT to the silicon stem OR you are loading it with herb and trying to match it with the core :lol: ?

Abysmal Vapor,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I have tried both ways Abysmal and neither worked very well. I'm hoping Adobewan can explain his method better. I really think some cooled vapor would work well with the dog.

Gonzo,

Abysmal Vapor

Dude dont touch the vt to the heater core ot it may crack.. or even worst leak into your dog :)..
What size is your core ? Do you see my bowl few posts up , u must figure out smth like that .Let define the process as Attaching a silicon bowl to the VT :). You always attach the silicon stem to a gong bowl if you have one and the bowl to the VT :).

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom