Underdog Log Vapes

SirElton

I have both a RZ and UD. Heat retention-wise, they are very similar. The RZ maintains pretty constant temperature due to the ceramics, but the Dog doesn't fluctuate that much either. I found it really depends on the draw. The RZ needs to be slow and steady whereas the Dog's airflow is rather unrestricted so pulling harder is more effective once the clouds begin to thin. I don't know if this helps.

SirElton,

hereatlast

This is adjustable to 13v and might help
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index nSession=1

Careful! Radioshack power adaptors that fit the specs. for log vapes have a notoriously bad reputation. IME the RS adaptors can provide inadequate (and/or other than advertised) power causing a log vape to not heat adequately. I don't have personal experience with that one (that reaches 13v) but have had enough bad experience with those Enercell adaptors to confidently recommend another option. :2c:

hereatlast,

darkrom

Great Scott!
1) Anything radio shack brand isn't worth its weight in dog shit.

2) My variable power supply rarely gets used when I'm using actual herb. I find that I've never had green left in the stem like you describe with your zap. Never never.

3) Somehow when using my aqua vape my ABV comes out much darker than when I use a regular stem or glass stem. Based on this I believe that with the underdog if you take a long continuous draw it'll cook even darker. That is the only thing I can think of that explains why the aqua vape results in darker abv. I definitely take longer faster draws when I have water filtration.

4) With the underdog it is actually easy to adjust how spent your ABV will be with a standard or glass stem. Just make the bowl smaller and bring the screen closer to the end of the stem. This locates the bud closer to heat it darker, or push it in more to have some left if you wanted a light cooking.

Dave, I lost my tracking number slip. It was in my car which went in for service. I looked everywhere :/ Sorry I can't give you more info on that. I have no doubts it'll get to you though. I have faith in UPS. Its the USPS and Fedex around here that have me scratching my head wondering how they stay in business.

WebStorageHandler.ashx

darkrom,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
darkrom said:
Dave, I lost my tracking number slip. It was in my car which went in for service. I looked everywhere :/ Sorry I can't give you more info on that. I have no doubts it'll get to you though. I have faith in UPS. Its the USPS and Fedex around here that have me scratching my head wondering how they stay in business.

http://photos.tiredstudent.com/WebStorageHandler.ashx?tb=false&id=503

Haha that picture cracks me up.. they've done that at my house a couple times. :lol:

I'm sure it'll show up before long, it usually takes a few days to get from coast to coast though this time of year might be a bit slower. I'll let you know when it arrives..

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Hey I'm in no rush either way with the carbon. My doggie will be missed, but at the same time this is a good chance to drastically lower my tolerance using only the MFLB and heavily sifted bud.

darkrom,

propjoe

hey now! my package was waiting at my door just now. got everything unpacked. everything looks great. and the underdog is heating up. looking forward to my afternoon. thank you dave!

propjoe,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
propjoe said:
hey now! my package was waiting at my door just now. got everything unpacked. everything looks great. and the underdog is heating up. looking forward to my afternoon. thank you dave!
Get ready to get walked by your dog. Make sure you play with the screen position . Move it closer to the core if you are not getting satisfying clouds :).Also wait half an hour to get enough heat power :) after plug in.

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
propjoe said:

You're welcome, and welcome to the dog pack.. :brow:

Once you've recovered from your first session let us know what you think.

underdog,

propjoe

Abysmal Vapor said:
propjoe said:
Get ready to get walked by your dog. Make sure you play with the screen position . Move it closer to the core if you are not getting satisfying clouds :).Also wait half an hour to get enough heat power :) after plug in.

thanks for the tip. i think the first time i just used it the the dog wasn't heated enough.

i'm getting some huge clouds now.

propjoe,

propjoe

underdog said:
propjoe said:

You're welcome, and welcome to the dog pack.. :brow:

Once you've recovered from your first session let us know what you think.

dogs are in the house lol
i'm getting some nice clouds right now. feelin' groovy.

propjoe,

Abysmal Vapor

Make a herb sabdwich with concentrate in the middle. It has no problems even with abv bho :). As for other herbs i vape many with success :).

Abysmal Vapor,

stroh

errl enthusiast
i vape BHO alone in the stem quite often when using a torch is inconvenient or unrealistic. leaves no residue, though it does tend to clog the screen quicker than straight herb use. glad you are enjoying your dog propjoe, welcome to the pack :D

stroh,

Abysmal Vapor

propjoe said:
yes, very much. i've been couch locked all day.
Dogs love water.. :) so i suggest to get a water pipe/bubbler/aqua vape... etc.. if you don't have already..
Cool and smooth and less irritating.. that is what it gives to me ..

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Abysmal Vapor said:
propjoe said:
yes, very much. i've been couch locked all day.
Dogs love water.. :) so i suggest to get a water pipe/bubbler/aqua vape... etc.. if you don't have already..
Cool and smooth and less irritating.. that is what it gives to me ..

Aqua vape also seems to allow me to cook the bud darker. Even with the screen being located in the same position as a "dry stem". I can only imagine this means I am taking longer more consistent deeper hits. It was my favorite vape I've used before the water, after the water filtration I simply don't know how I could ask for more.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
propjoe said:
i can just purchase the aqua vape alone and it'll fit the underdog?

Yep, both the large and the small Aqua Vape fit the standard 3/8" UD stem tubing perfectly.. :)

underdog,
Top Bottom