Underdog Log Vapes

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Let me clrify :lol: , I didn't touch the VT to the core, but tried using the 3/8" tubing at the male end of the VT. I have a AV on order to use but would really like to see the setup Adobewan is using with his VT.

Gonzo,

cluffy

Vaker
Hey Gonzo, I wish I could help but I don't know the O.D. of the 3/8" stems. I'm assuming it's either 9/16" or 5/8". If you had a piece of silicon tube with 9/16" I.D. you'd be golden.

Maybe try fitting the UD stem in the female end of the VT? I know it's no fun sucking on the male end but you'd get a cool hit!! Also, if you are skilled with a razor blade you could cut a nice taper on a UD stem so it would fit inside the male end of the VT, like the 1/2" O.D. 1/4" UD stems do. Good luck,
get MacGuyvering!!! :p

cluffy,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
cluffy said:
Hey Gonzo, I wish I could help but I don't know the O.D. of the 3/8" stems. I'm assuming it's either 9/16" or 5/8". If you had a piece of silicon tube with 9/16" I.D. you'd be golden.

Maybe try fitting the UD stem in the female end of the VT? I know it's no fun sucking on the male end but you'd get a cool hit!! Also, if you are skilled with a razor blade you could cut a nice taper on a UD stem so it would fit inside the male end of the VT, like the 1/2" O.D. 1/4" UD stems do. Good luck,
get MacGuyvering!!! :p

Finally something that I can chime in on haha.. you guys lose me when you delve into the glass realm, all I have experience with is my lowly AV. :cool:

The 3/8" silicone stem tubing O.D. is 5/8".. see I'm helpful! lol

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Thanks Cluffy and Dave, I tried rigging it to the female end but still no go. I will look around for tubing with an I.D. of 5/8" or 9/16" and should be able to rig something out of that.

Gonzo,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Quick update, sat down and laid out all my accessories and figured out great way to use the VT with the Underdog 3/8". This may have also been mentioned before but I could not find it.

Dave ships out his glass stems with silicone bowls that have thinner walls than the normal 3/8" silicone stems the dog comes with. These thinner silicone bowls make great attachment to mate the dog to the VT. The wall of the silicone bowl is thin enough to squeeze into the male end of the VT and create a nice snug, even fit.

I took my first test hit a few minutes ago and was completely blown away. The vapor was extremely cool and refreshing, with little to no drag. It was hard to tell exactly how much vapor I was getting and I ended up coughing quite a bit from overload :ko:

Looks like I am gonna have to order a few more VTs :brow:

Looks like another way to use this great vape!

Gonzo,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:) When i am having trouble attaching i just peel the sides with a razorblade or paper knife and make a shapened pencil form on the end. Glad to hear you found a way anyway :).

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
I now see why dogs are man's best friends :ko:

Glad you found a use for that thin-walled tubing.. it can be pretty handy to have around. :brow:

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Dave do you sell the thin walled tubing by the foot? Whenever you get your new custom stems in I will probably order a couple feet of it to keep on hand for creativity purposes :cool:

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
Dave do you sell the thin walled tubing by the foot? Whenever you get your new custom stems in I will probably order a couple feet of it to keep on hand for creativity purposes :cool:

Yep I do I just haven't added it to the website yet but I'll get to it one of these days soon. If you order something before it gets added just remind me and we can add it to your order manually.

underdog,

Marx

Thank you Adobewan, Abysmal & Captain.

Looks like I'll soon be an owner. Look forward to sharing my experiences with this fine piece...

Marx,

Abysmal Vapor

Marx said:
Thank you Adobewan, Abysmal & Captain.

Looks like I'll soon be an owner. Look forward to sharing my experiences with this fine piece...
Wellcome to the dog ride :) . What you got a custom piece , a twig or smth from the site ?

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey dudes and dudettes.. I've got a hankering for another contest. :p

This one is going to be simple and probably difficult but hopefully fun too.

I'm going to post 2-3 pictures this evening (of the same area) and you all get to try and figure out where they were taken.

You're only allowed 1 guess a day or you forfeit that days guess(es). The contest will run until Christmas Eve or until someone gets it.

The prize will be a free vape.

Non USA members are welcome to play but if you win and want the vape you'll need to pay $30 to cover the international shipping costs.

Good luck! :cool:

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Finally able to get around to some photos.

Here are my first two pieces, the hard hitting Goblet and the Queen in all her glory!

img0325i.jpg

Here is the newest edition to the pack

img0346wz.jpg

img0356yi.jpg

And here is the whole pack

img0359eu.jpg

Gonzo,

Abysmal Vapor

Awesome ! It would be hard to guess ? Is the location within the USA ? Can't wait :)
Are going to post pictures here or in the contests thread ?
Nice logs Gonzo :)!

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Awesome ! It would be hard to guess ? Is the location within the USA ? Can't wait :)
Are going to post pictures here or in the contests thread ?
Nice logs Gonzo :)!

I think I'll post a new contest thread kind of like last time..

Can't give you any hints as to whether or not it's in the USA sorry. ;)

underdog,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I'm looking forward to the contest too! When will the pictures be up? I would looooooove a dog (and be more than willing to pay the thirty shipping to canada)

CentiZen,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
Finally able to get around to some photos.

Here are my first two pieces, the hard hitting Goblet and the Queen in all her glory!

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2788/img0325i.jpg

Here is the newest edition to the pack

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1709/img0346wz.jpg

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/340/img0356yi.jpg

And here is the whole pack

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1343/img0359eu.jpg

Quite the collection you've got going there Gonzo.. :brow:

Which is your favorite? Why?

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Each one has it's own appealing features.

The Goblet is definitely the hardest hitting, and gets the ABV much darker in color than the other two.

The Queen just feels nice in my hand. It is just beautiful to hold and look at, but also gives great milky hits.

I have to say that I think the Purple Pint is my favorite though. Every hit down to the very end is tasty and flavorful. It gives hits about the same size as the Queen but the taste is noticeable better than both the Goblet and the Queen. Not sure why this is Dave, maybe you can shine some light on the subject.

The other two units both still beat any other vapes I own for taste but the flavor from the Purple Pint is something special :ko: I'm so glad I pulled the trigger on this piece.

Gonzo,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I am on my first tolerance break in roughly a decade and it sucks. I was avoiding this place but my buddy told me about dave's awesome contest. Wish me luck guys. Got rid of my stash completely due to my weak will. Lets see how long I hold out.

darkrom,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Any update on those "Knock your socks off pieces" you were talking about Dave?

Gonzo,

underdog

Manufacturer
Gonzo said:
Any update on those "Knock your socks off pieces" you were talking about Dave?

Working on it, give me a few more days and I'll have some high-end Twigs coming out of the shop. Some high-end full size pieces probably next week after I get some broken tooling replaced.

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

"Knock off your socks" makes laugh everytime i read it :).. I don't know where is the root of that phrase for sure but...
Army duty was mandatory few years ago here and guys who went to serve their duty were joking abour the low hygien . They joke that their socks are getting so dirty and hard that you can actually knock on it and it keeps the shape of your feet after you pulled it off you leg :). There are even rumors of a rookie that has been beatien by its officer with one of those socks and got in the hospital from the trauma .

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom