Underdog Log Vapes

kbynum2

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
With a new dog on the way, I was looking for ways to cut the cord and adjust the voltage for enjoyment while on the back deck.

The Qidian power banks look like a perfect fit: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Emergency-Computer-External-Rechargeable/dp/B01EK2MDTY

Sadly this one and the smaller model no longer seem to be available. Has anyone found a new source or a similar replacement product?

The battery packs tend to come on and off the market fairly regularly so it's always a bit of a searching game. Ebay is a good place to search and I'll share a couple I just found on there. You can also get one that just outputs 12v (like a jumpstart battery pack) and use it with a LED Dimmer.

These are adjustable ones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-24V-5V-12...692602?hash=item2a704c917a:g:o18AAOSwFV9X0Rf7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-21V-port...075123?hash=item4d43afc773:g:37QAAOSwiYFXKkPd

Scott A

Just realized the other day I have now been using underdog vaporizers for over 3 years now and my current one for over 2 and I still love them. One of the last vaporizers that has been able to stick in my rotation now that I have gravitated more towards dabbing. Thank you Dave for making a wonderful long lasting product that I know personally you will fully stand behind.

NizzyJones

Had to register over here to share just how beautiful my figured walnut bday model is. Thanks so much, Dave! Like a bunch of people on this thread the 'dog is rapidly becoming my go to device :)

2W6Uwww.jpg

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Heya UDs! We'd like to celebrate the states who made progress toward legalization, so we're offering DOUBLE your stem selection on all vape purchases through this weekend.

If you purchased a vape yesterday or Tuesday the 8th, please message me and we'll get a care package together for you with your bonus stems.

:party::leaf::spliff:

ltv

Those with LED, what voltage do you prefer and how many seconds do you draw? I'm referring to using the glass direct draw.
I put mine at 10.5 and draw for 4 seconds.
You know you had too much meds when you leave the glass on the core until there's a tiny fire with smoke. Lol.
Also, I consumed too much medication when I put material into the wrong end of the glass.

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
Also, I consumed too much medication when I put material into the wrong end of the glass.

Haha, yeah I have ended up with a mouthful of material after loading the wrong end in the dark. Has happened a couple of times with my stainless steel oversized. Never had that problem with the glass though what with it being clear; this must not have been your first stem of the day! :cool:

ltv

Haha, yeah I have ended up with a mouthful of material after loading the wrong end in the dark. Has happened a couple of times with my stainless steel oversized. Never had that problem with the glass though what with it being clear; this must not have been your first stem of the day! :cool:

Definitely not the first.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Had to register over here to share just how beautiful my figured walnut bday model is. Thanks so much, Dave! Like a bunch of people on this thread the 'dog is rapidly becoming my go to device :)

2W6Uwww.jpg
What wood type is yours? Hard to tell if we have a match. How does the finish look under say a direct light?

Bought myself some 11W LED lamps and my eyes are liking it. :cool: Can really make out how the finish is striped and goes in a different pattern than the wood grain. The pattern of the grain in mine is great for the shape. Really like the look of mine...:luv: oh, and yours too. Thanks for the pic.

I use the copper bowl with my UD with the wax and some essential oils. Lemongrass and Lime.

May revisit the best power and boost options for spring. Maybe make a bug away wax for the copper bowl.
The battery packs tend to come on and off the market fairly regularly so it's always a bit of a searching game. Ebay is a good place to search and I'll share a couple I just found on there. You can also get one that just outputs 12v (like a jumpstart battery pack) and use it with a LED Dimmer.

These are adjustable ones:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-24V-5V-12...692602?hash=item2a704c917a:g:o18AAOSwFV9X0Rf7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-21V-port...075123?hash=item4d43afc773:g:37QAAOSwiYFXKkPd
Good luck finding a reputable 'name' brand.:bang: I usually scour Ebay for a seller and read the reviews elsewhere. (Amazon, Wal-mart, Newegg, etc )
I pretty much try to find a pic of the internals if I buy. You can even buy the pcbs and cases from different sellers and rewire your own if you are up for such a project. :science: Also explains why there are so many sellers on Ebay.

Only found a few outside of @underdog's suggestions that you could manually raise the voltage, but those few sounded or looked too dodgy to mention here.

If I knew what pcbs were best designed for manually setting voltage. Then I could at least look for a match with who is selling these power banks. BTW, I did buy a cheap regulator that broke in my hands when I turned the first screw in it. So buyer beware.
s-l1600.jpg

formicae

Finally registered just to broadcast thanks UD and UDette, got my birthday vape a week or two ago and couldn't be happier with it. I've been using it with a NonG and a D020-D, smooth and mellow and intensely efficient.

I ordered walnut, and when I opened the box I thought I must have got someone else's order, because it looked really light. Turns out it's just the most chatoyant hunk of walnut I've ever seen, it could almost be cherry at some angles, but tip it a bit and it shifts to deep brown with grain verging on black. Beautiful piece of wood.

I wasn't expecting a burn stripe, and was excited when I saw it. But I was positively delighted when it turned out my dog has a face:

gDoTVwY.jpg

CurryLeafTreehugger

So I got a case for my 7" GPS that turned out to be WAAAAAAY to big for the GPS, but seems just about perfect for discretely moving around my Underdog.

Case for 7" GPS

51FtwswiIkL.jpg

I can fit 3 UDs on one side and the power cords can go on the other side.

Actually probably you couldn't get 3 power cords in there with 3 UDs, but you can for sure fit one complete UD/Wall wart combination in this case. Plus herbal remedy in an appropriately sized container (say, a grinder), and stems as well.

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, happy Monday and all that.. hope you all had a nice long holiday weekend. We're back in the shop this morning, pumping out Dogs and shipping out all the orders that piled up while we were shenanigan'ing over the weekend. We should be all caught up by the end of the day though, no shipping delays, etc. :tup:

Finally registered just to broadcast thanks UD and UDette, got my birthday vape a week or two ago and couldn't be happier with it. I've been using it with a NonG and a D020-D, smooth and mellow and intensely efficient.

I ordered walnut, and when I opened the box I thought I must have got someone else's order, because it looked really light. Turns out it's just the most chatoyant hunk of walnut I've ever seen, it could almost be cherry at some angles, but tip it a bit and it shifts to deep brown with grain verging on black. Beautiful piece of wood.

I wasn't expecting a burn stripe, and was excited when I saw it. But I was positively delighted when it turned out my dog has a face:

gDoTVwY.jpg

Thanks for posting @formicae I really like that light colored walnut.. some of it's pretty magical in the right light. Glad to hear you seem to like it as well!

So I got a case for my 7" GPS that turned out to be WAAAAAAY to big for the GPS, but seems just about perfect for discretely moving around my Underdog.

Case for 7" GPS

51FtwswiIkL.jpg

I can fit 3 UDs on one side and the power cords can go on the other side.

Actually probably you couldn't get 3 power cords in there with 3 UDs, but you can for sure fit one complete UD/Wall wart combination in this case. Plus herbal remedy in an appropriately sized container (say, a grinder), and stems as well.

Nice! I'm always looking for cool cases for traveling Dogs and that looks like a good one. :cool:

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Just saw the mailman.....and he had a package for me! Two lovely matched pairs of dogs (Each pair a dog and a mini), one in Amboyna Burl from @Snappo, and one in Banksia Pod. Plus an olive and a lacewood stem.

And the customer service! Daily emails working with me, confirming details, getting things just right. Then less than 48 hours to get it into my hands.

Spectacular! I'll post pics if someone tells me how to do it!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Just saw the mailman.....and he had a package for me! Two lovely matched pairs of dogs (Each pair a dog and a mini), one in Amboyna Burl from @Snappo, and one in Banksia Pod. Plus an olive and a lacewood stem.

And the customer service! Daily emails working with me, confirming details, getting things just right. Then less than 48 hours to get it into my hands.

Spectacular! I'll post pics if someone tells me how to do it!

Upload photos to a image host site like imgur

Right click and copy image address/url

Paste that url between "IMG""/IMG" but sub the "'s for brackets

Ex: []photo[/]

Or just click the photo button on Reply toolbar and post that URL in the popup. It will add the tags for you

Edit: just to clarify you need "IMG" in the brackets but if I paste in correct format it won't show up as it thinks I'm trying to post a photo.

Double Edit: Got this the other day :) love it with the dog!

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, hope you're all having a good week.. we're almost thru to the weekend again. :rockon:

We're in beast mode again, working hard to get everything prepped for the Holiday Sale kickoff so haven't had time to post much recently. The sale should go up Dec 1st though it could possibly go up a few days earlier if I get everything done early.

I don't have specifics for you guys yet but you can expect a budget oriented Vape Special, discounted regular Dogs and some high end exhibition grade Show Dogs (both singles and sets).

There should also be some Lost Dogs and some novelties like Minis, Midis and Micro Dogs.

:ninja::peace:

BrotherJoseph

Heya Dogs, hope you're all having a good week.. we're almost thru to the weekend again. :rockon:

We're in beast mode again, working hard to get everything prepped for the Holiday Sale kickoff so haven't had time to post much recently. The sale should go up Dec 1st though it could possibly go up a few days earlier if I get everything done early.

I don't have specifics for you guys yet but you can expect a budget oriented Vape Special, discounted regular Dogs and some high end exhibition grade Show Dogs (both singles and sets).

There should also be some Lost Dogs and some novelties like Minis, Midis and Micro Dogs.

:ninja::peace:

Micro dogs?!?!?!

Top Bottom