Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Well the mini is of course even more gorgeous in person.

Same with the buffallo stem. Very nice feel to it. Seems stronger/harder than wood stems. Was it difficult to turn?

I think I have too many logs now. 2 UD's, 2 UD mini's, a HI, a Toasty Top, and one I've made myself. Might have to clean house a bit soon.

The buffalo horn is pretty hard, more so than most woods. With sharp tools though it tends to turn really nicely. :tup:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Same with the buffallo stem. Very nice feel to it. Seems stronger/harder than wood stems. Was it difficult to turn?

I think I have too many logs now. 2 UD's, 2 UD mini's, a HI, a Toasty Top, and one I've made myself. Might have to clean house a bit soon.
Can you ever have too many?!:lol:

KeVo23

Can you ever have too many?
Id like to think the answer to this is no. :D
D7Covm7.jpg

Diggy Smalls

Notorious

While I'm envious of all your logs, which one did you make yourself? That's so wicked!

underdog

Manufacturer
@Diggy Smalls

I don't want to derail the UD thread with DIY stuff, but here's a picture. You can PM me if you want more info.

@KeVo23 That is a gorgeous collection! I think the second from the left is my favorite, what a fantastic shape.

Oooh.. nice looking piece of Zebrawood and I like the design with it's combination of curves and square grooves. Awesome work dude!

What kind of design did you go with for a core and what kind of heating element?

ZC

@underdog

Thanks!

The core is just the standard ohmite resistor most logs used to use. The heater cover is actually one of Alan's old style heater covers. So it performs identically to the HI and is basically a homemade HI. Next time I'd like to make my own heater cover. Won't have access to the shop for a while though.

underdog

Manufacturer
@underdog

Thanks!

The core is just the standard ohmite resistor most logs used to use. The heater cover is actually one of Alan's old style heater covers. So it performs identically to the HI and is basically a homemade HI. Next time I'd like to make my own heater cover. Won't have access to the shop for a while though.

Nice! Awesome work.. :tup:

6079Smith

Is it weird that I like the smell of a new pup warming up? Maybe it's Pavlovian.. regardless :love:

jnNfGcy.jpg

Once again, Underdog and Underdogette outdid themselves- picking a pup was no easy task!

I was very tempted by the ss heater shorties but in the end went with the standard mini core. I want to set up a travel kit and the smaller size and quick heat up would seem to be ideal toward that- and, well.. BURL! Love being able to palm it completely, even with it being the most stout of my dogs.

Had a very nice session this morning, it had no problem milking my bubbler at 12 volts. It seems slightly cooler in that the vapor gradually tapers in comparison to the ss core, the ss core seems to extract quicker at the same voltage. Could just be the strain or any other number of variables but that's the first impression. More testing needed! :science:

Boy, that hour flew by.. so, it's like the Evo, right? I just turn it off and on again and I'm good to go, right, guys.. guys? ;)

Big thank you is in order, once again, to team Underdog! You guys rock!

NickDlow

Log Hog
Probably not, unfortunately we haven't found an 18mm ground joint that the tubing is the right is size and custom work is too expensive and the quality usually too low. :(

Maybe offering a 18 to 14 reducer might be a better option than a custom gong. They're fairly inexpensive at headshops. I would imagine a wholesale order not being to bad.

Or just refer customers to them.

Either way just a thought. Keep up the great work you two. I love my pups more as each day passes.

Take care guys

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Maybe offering a 18 to 14 reducer might be a better option than a custom gong. They're fairly inexpensive at headshops. I would imagine a wholesale order not being to bad.

Or just refer customers to them.

Either way just a thought. Keep up the great work you two. I love my pups more as each day passes.

Take care guys

Great minds think alike! We do refer people to their local shops for those. Though some folks just don't like the extra piece of glass in there.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I have always preferred the extra heft/strength of 18mm stems, gongs, wongs, etc., so always make sure my glass water tools are an 18mm male or female fitting. For my more rare 14mm pieces, I keep an 18mm-to-14mm reducer handy, or vice-versa for my few 14mm WT's. ;)

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I posted a few pages back about some Schott glass tubing that may do the trick for anyone looking at 18mm GonG's. I will be ordering some in the future to trial but the measurements are very close to the thick glass D/D stem so fingers crossed they fit the core.

My UD was on all weekend & I think it may be working better than it ever has for some reason. Either way I was left severely incapacitated after trying my best to become a vapour breathing dragon.

underdog

Manufacturer
She arrived today!
She's only a wee bit taller than my regular mini, but IMO, it's the perfect size. I'm loving this beauty.
Dave, since it has the standard core, can i treat it like a standard dog, eventhough its mini? No time limit kinda deal like with the regular minis?

You can but I don't know that you should. Like a mini the reduced height will expose the plug to higher temps than a full size Dog and again like a mini that will be the eventual point of failure.. not as quickly as a mini though.

So yeah you can run it like a regular Dog but it will age faster than a regular Dog. :2c:

BrotherJoseph

You can but I don't know that you should. Like a mini the reduced height will expose the plug to higher temps than a full size Dog and again like a mini that will be the eventual point of failure.. not as quickly as a mini though.

So yeah you can run it like a regular Dog but it will age faster than a regular Dog. :2c:

What will the rebuild fee be on these guys with the standard core? I would assume that it needs to be more than the normal $25.

CurryLeafTreehugger

So my trackball up and died awhile back and since then I've had to resort to a "normal" mouse. And as a result I've had a lot of wrist pain. And hang on, the Underdog content is on its way ...

Applying the heated underdog to my wrist relieves a lot of that pain. Turns out it also helps with other aches and pains in small areas, like the neck.

So Underdog treats pain both via internal AND external applications!

Top Bottom