Underdog Log Vapes

ZC

I haven't tried it but a Milaana stem might work as an 18mm gong.

Only issue might be that the ID is a little bit bigger than UD stems, so it might let too much cool air in. I'd wager that a non issue if you use the high temp O rings though.

The bowl size would be slightly wider/bigger than stock UD stuff too.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
I haven't tried it but a Milaana stem might work as an 18mm gong.

Only issue might be that the ID is a little bit bigger than UD stems, so it might let too much cool air in. I'd wager that a non issue if you use the high temp O rings though.

The bowl size would be slightly wider/bigger than stock UD stuff too.

Sounds like that might work. If someone tries it out let us know how it goes.

I'm making some Vintage Dogs for the holidays, a throwback to our beginnings 5+ years ago when most of our pieces were complex laminations. As I think I've mentioned before these blanks are actually from that time and were recently discovered hidden away.
w9v1wi.jpg

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Sounds like that might work. If someone tries it out let us know how it goes.

I'm making some Vintage Dogs for the holidays, a throwback to our beginnings 5+ years ago when most of our pieces were complex laminations. As I think I've mentioned before these blanks are actually from that time and were recently discovered hidden away.
w9v1wi.jpg
Damn, you are setting us up for an amazing holiday season!!!

underdog

Manufacturer
Came home from rehearsal this evening and let the new Banksia Pod dog warm up for about 40 minutes. Had a nice IPA while waiting, then took one really good hit from my new Lacewood stem. Great cloud, amazing flavor....and one hit and I am baked. Nothing like it:-)

Sounds like you're enjoying your Pup, glad to hear it! :cheers:

Damn, you are setting us up for an amazing holiday season!!!

We're certainly trying! :cool:

Here's a Purpleheart Micro next to a Mini.
s5iy6c.jpg

ZC

Oh that purple heart micro might be taking more of my money.

Also loving the vintage logs. That one looks particularly great. Vintage + square/round seems like it could be a really wild combination.

I'd try the Milaana stem myself but all my glass is 14mm!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have exclusively used my dog for the last three weeks & it has been plugged in for the last two constantly since I never remember to dim it last thing at night. I don't have to conserve weed yet I seem to be vaping less than ever & getting much more stoned as a result.

This is one of those vapes I consider a "lifer" & will never get parole or even day release. Not in 1,000,000 years. Between this & my Vapcap's I have every base I need covered.

shredder

I have exclusively used my dog for the last three weeks & it has been plugged in for the last two constantly since I never remember to dim it last thing at night. I don't have to conserve weed yet I seem to be vaping less than ever & getting much more stoned as a result.

This is one of those vapes I consider a "lifer" & will never get parole or even day release. Not in 1,000,000 years. Between this & my Vapcap's I have every base I need covered.

I feel the same way.

I made some rosin concentrate for a holiday treat and I'm using my dog and a water tool with it for great effects.

I use the buck boost vvps (that underdog used to sell) to bump it up for concentrates. And the titanium stem with hemp fiber to hold the concentrate.

Yesterday, a friend showed up with his dab rig. (Torch, nail, bubbler) Even he had to admit the dog had much better flavor with no hacking.

Happy Thanksgiving dog lovers!!!

underdog

Manufacturer
Happy Thanksgiving Dogs! You've all helped make the last 5+ years awesome and Underdogette and I are very thankful for it! :bowdown:

Going to take the day off today but we'll be back on the clock tomorrow.. until then, party on. :rockon:

Before I leave how about a few more teasers.. this one is Madrone (one of my favorite trees!) from the nearby mountains. Harvested, milled and dried by yours truly.
97rvkl.jpg

Another Purpleheart Skinny Twig, Standard Core.
x2vxqr.jpg

One of the remaining pieces of Banksia Pod I'm working thru before we stop using it.

ao75s5.jpg

Some wildly figured Walnut.. hard to really see in a flat, dark picture but it's pretty amazing. Local.
2d0jk3l.jpg

:peace:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Not making it easy for me to pick my 'dog.

Those all look really good.

I haven't dug through the thread, but does anyone have some pictures of the WonG stems I could see? Interested in these as I love my wood stems for my Milaana. The small hint of flavor they add and the lack of heat conductivity compared to glass is nice.

Also, will I need a VVPS to do concentrates?

Trying to see what all I will need and get everything in order. Think this will be my Christmas gift to myself! :3

Perplexpercolator

Solved my 18mm Gong problem, ordered 14mm glass from TAG 's black friday stuff, didnt have any glass at the time anyways and was looking at the whole problem backwards, stuffs looking pretty elementary now.:sherlock:
DSC02070_large_2x.JPG

Beautiful pieces you guys are turning out btw, but that rounded block dog still takes the win in my book for now.:drool:

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Not making it easy for me to pick my 'dog.

Those all look really good.

I haven't dug through the thread, but does anyone have some pictures of the WonG stems I could see? Interested in these as I love my wood stems for my Milaana. The small hint of flavor they add and the lack of heat conductivity compared to glass is nice.

Also, will I need a VVPS to do concentrates?

Trying to see what all I will need and get everything in order. Think this will be my Christmas gift to myself! :3

Picking a Dog can be tough! Just like with the furry real kind though whichever you end up with you'll probably love just the same so you can't really go too 'wrong'.

We don't have a dedicated WonG but some of our wooden stems will work as such.. not all though it's hit and miss. It's possible we could start making WonGs again but I'm not sure.. they're not really my cup of tea (personally).

While probably not 'necessary' for concentrates a VVPS would certainly be useful and help you get the best results. A simpler/less expensive alternative is just pairing our LED Dimmer with a 15v power supply and using it like a VVPS.

Underdogette can always help you with specific questions, etc, don't be afraid to get in touch with her. :cheers:

Solved my 18mm Gong problem, ordered 14mm glass from TAG 's black friday stuff, didnt have any glass at the time anyways and was looking at the whole problem backwards, stuffs looking pretty elementary now.:sherlock:
DSC02070_large_2x.JPG

Beautiful pieces you guys are turning out btw, but that rounded block dog still takes the win in my book for now.:drool:

Nice solution and a super nice looking piece of glass.. congrats! Glad to hear you like the rounded block Dog, they take me quite a bit of work so I'm happy to hear people appreciate them. :)

Figured Myrtle Burl.
346ukiu.jpg

Cocobolo Midi Lost Dog
2u8e1z7.jpg

Holographic Walnut
2w36rue.jpg

Two-tone Hickory
x3wso0.jpg

Wenge Stump
2udx474.jpg

:cool:

underdog

Manufacturer
Thanks guys! Yeah most of these pieces I'm posting now have some pretty neat wood patterns and grains to them.. glad you all like them.

More holographic Walnut
2zrnm86.jpg

Another PodDog
qx0xm8.jpg

A cool piece of Chico Chinese Pastache
11t7gqf.jpg

Heavily contrasted piece of Ambrosia Maple
2cpex5f.jpg

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Nice one! :cheers: IIRC Isn't Lemoncillo some really dense stuff?

It's cold and raining out here today too.. I'm loving it though! I'm rotating between a couple dogs today, staying warm watching movies :cheers: Right now, Blade Runner! Probably gonna get into some time travel shit next! :lol:

Top Bottom