Underdog Log Vapes

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Heya Dogs, hope you're all having a good week.. we're almost thru to the weekend again. :rockon:

We're in beast mode again, working hard to get everything prepped for the Holiday Sale kickoff so haven't had time to post much recently. The sale should go up Dec 1st though it could possibly go up a few days earlier if I get everything done early.

I don't have specifics for you guys yet but you can expect a budget oriented Vape Special, discounted regular Dogs and some high end exhibition grade Show Dogs (both singles and sets).

There should also be some Lost Dogs and some novelties like Minis, Midis and Micro Dogs.

:ninja::peace:
Midi, Mini and Micro dogs.......as if I needed more......seriously, can't wait to see the Scienoodoo!!!

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I'm guessing that littlest one could be considered a Micro Dog :shrug:
8Y2FKfC.jpg

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Ric Flair voice - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

just the notion of a micro dog has my imagination running wild. How could they possibly get smaller?

Smaller! WOOOOOOOOOO! :rockon:

Yeah, the one that's small enough to get lost in your pocket! :lol:
IIRC That pic was from a couple March's ago now.. Time flies when you're not looking at it!
:cheers:

Time does indeed fly. I've shrunk them a bit more since then.. :cool:

2rf8tgp.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
Hey Dogs, hope you're all having a great Sunday.. it's been pouring rain here in NorCal for the last couple days, good for sitting by the fire but not so good for getting work done in the shop. I figure this Dog deserves a rest now and then though so it's all good. :tup:

I'm building out some Dogs today for the holiday sale (good work to do in the office) and there are some real lookers if I do say so myself.. getting excited to show them to you guys. I might break down and start posting some teasers if I can't find some restraint lol. :evil:

@mucsusn - Nice sets dude! I'm a sucker for matched pairs of Dogs. :rockon:

@Buildozer - Thanks for reposting mucsusns pic. :cheers:

underdog

Manufacturer
Alright, I'll share some pics as long as you guys are interested.. :tup:

These are just quick, crappy snaps on my desk since I'm too lazy to go to the shop where the good camera gear is.

This one was already in the early shot but I like it so here it is again.
Here's a tall Rosewood Micro that will be powered by a full size heater sitting next to a shorter Mini.
I've been on a groove kick lately.
2d5n3k.jpg

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
Alright, I'll share some pics as long as you guys are interested.. :tup:

These are just quick, crappy snaps on my desk since I'm too lazy to go to the shop where the good camera gear is.

This one was already in the early shot but I like it so here it is again.
Here's a tall Rosewood Micro that will be powered by a full size heater sitting next to a shorter Mini.
I've been on a groove kick lately.
2d5n3k.jpg
Looks like cooling fins! :love::tup::rockon:

underdog

Manufacturer
@Madcap79 - Right?! They actually work like that as well and reduce the felt heat quite a bit which is pretty useful on these small diameter Micros.

I'll post another one everytime one of you guys (or girls) posts something and entertains me. :tup:

Here's another Micro (Brown Mallee Stone Burl) with full power heater, again next to Mini.
20j09c0.jpg

BrotherJoseph

@Madcap79 - Right?! They actually work like that as well and reduce the felt heat quite a bit which is pretty useful on these small diameter Micros.

I'll post another one everytime one of you guys (or girls) posts something and entertains me. :tup:

Here's another Micro (Brown Mallee Stone Burl) with full power heater, again next to Mini.
20j09c0.jpg
How much smaller is the inner diameter of those micro guys? They look crazy! Can't wait to get my hands on one.

underdog

Manufacturer
@underdog when you say the micros are powered by a "full size heater" what do you mean exactly? Full mini size? Or full standard just with a smaller diameter?

The taller Micros that I indicated are the ones that are using the same full size heater cartridge and center tube as an Air Core, the short ones are using the resistor and the center tube of the Mini. Both size (ie, all Micros) are using a smaller 3/4" base.

Here's a nice, pretty Osage Orange piece.. regular size Twig with a shiny finish.
xptzeb.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
Were there ever 18mm Gongs, or will there be?

We had custom made ones a long time ago but not since then and there probably won't be again unless we can find a factory made solution. Custom made ones were too expensive and the quality too low to be viable. We do have 18mm NonGs and people can of course use 14mm>18mm adapters. :2c:

Continuing on with teasers here's a spalted Alanthus with chunky grooves...
xo4js4.jpg

Perplexpercolator

Awesome notches. Also thanks for the reply, I'll look into the nylon/ss ones more I've just had that annoying feeling about non-glass bugging me. I'm sure it's safe but it's just that fear that's been woven into me by all those combusting "home made" bongs that some of us youngins had to deal with *chills*

RollTheCar

No idea whats going on with my first post lol. Got any more of those spicy burl micros you want to share? Definitely going to scoop one when the sale hits:) Looking good!

underdog

Manufacturer
Awesome notches. Also thanks for the reply, I'll look into the nylon/ss ones more I've just had that annoying feeling about non-glass bugging me. I'm sure it's safe but it's just that fear that's been woven into me by all those combusting "home made" bongs that some of us youngins had to deal with *chills*

You're welcome, we're always here and happy to answer questions. Totally understand your feelings about non-glass, if there was an affordable, quality glass solution I'd get it for you guys in a heartbeat. I'm always on the look out for it too I'm just pessimistic about it at this point. :tup:

Here's a neat and different Dog. This one was inspired by the custom Square Dog we made a while back and is half square half round. Purpleheart.
2n87aqg.jpg

Perplexpercolator

Really digging the rounded block dog, gives a nice hefty look to it. That and I think it could help some of the super log enthusiasts with storage, Stackable logs!! If one of these comes up during the sale at a price I can afford I'll probably snag one myself.

underdog

Manufacturer
No idea whats going on with my first post lol. Got any more of those spicy burl micros you want to share? Definitely going to scoop one when the sale hits:) Looking good!

I think there's 5-6 of the burl Micros (if you're talking about the Brown Mallee Stone Burl) so hopefully everyone who wants one can grab one. If not there will be other kinds but that burl is definitely nice.

Really digging the rounded block dog, gives a nice hefty look to it. That and I think it could help some of the super log enthusiasts with storage, Stackable logs!! If one of these comes up during the sale at a price I can afford I'll probably snag one myself.

Thanks, I like it too! They're more labor intensive than a regular Dog so not something I want to make in any significant volume but there will probably be a handful of them available during the sale.

Here's a cool piece of Streaked Hackberry. This stuff is awesome and looks almost pixelated up close like a Dog with robo-camaflauge :borg:
4si7h3.jpg

Top Bottom