Underdog Log Vapes

6079Smith

What do you guys use as your go to stem?
I've been using the glass with a SS tip and love it

I use ss tipped WonG and NonG's the most, love me some dense vapor in the form of one hitter snappers through low diffusion. I think it's a holdover from my combustion days and is just so easy to straw load, rip, then blow into muslin bag. Rinse and repeat

6079Smith

I grabbed a lovely Madrone burl during the sale

I know just which one you got, so exquisite looking with the pinkish hue! I went into the sale limiting my budget and still just about talked myself into that one at the upper tier, lol. It was a close thing.

You can get a dimmer inexpensively, no need for vvps though it will offer precise dialing in. I don't technically need one but will pick one up eventually.

Considering the UD and wonder how many users feel the need to alter the temps rather than using it at its stock temperature

I can run either my air core or my new standard at 12 volts and be satisfied with screen placement. My standard runs hotter and risks combustion if I heat soak a ss tip but also has more mass. I have never actually combusted, just on the verge

iVapeTooMuch

Oh I Member
I use ss tipped WonG and NonG's the most, love me some dense vapor in the form of one hitter snappers through low diffusion. I think it's a holdover from my combustion days and is just so easy to straw load, rip, then blow into muslin bag. Rinse and repeat
I use the glass dd with SS tip to get that super dense one hit too. I recently got the TonG and put it on my 18" straight shooter and damn does it rip!
I'm definitely gonna try it with some concentrates next time I hit up the clinic

ZC

@6079Smith Are you talking about the Tongs or the SS lites?

The TonGs are functionally not really different from the nylon with SS tip. Except my NonG has the older style non adjustable screen. It's mostly a visual/feel difference of it being all metal.

The SS Lite is functionally very similar to the long SS stem, both of which provide smoother, cooler vapor than other ss tipped stems like glass and ss ime.

shredder

Considering the UD and wonder how many users feel the need to alter the temps rather than using it at its stock temperature. Thanks

I adjust my vvps frequently. I adjust for room temps, herb moisture level, stem type or water tool. On and on.

Plus my three dogs all run different.

Fine tuning my dog feeds my inner weed geekiness. And makes an already pleasurable experience mo better.

I highly recommend a vvps.

6079Smith

@6079Smith Are you talking about the Tongs or the SS lites?

The TonGs are functionally not really different from the nylon with SS tip. Except my NonG has the older style non adjustable screen. It's mostly a visual/feel difference of it being all metal.

The SS Lite is functionally very similar to the long SS stem, both of which provide smoother, cooler vapor than other ss tipped stems like glass and ss ime.

Oops, shoulda been more clear. I was asking about the Ti but I had been curious about the SS lite, as well. I love my NonG's and WonG's, so was curious if there was a large difference. Good to know it's largely aesthetic.

Thanks for the feedback!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
What do you guys use as your go to stem?
I've been using the glass with a SS tip and love it

I have tried most stem options but in the vast majority of cases I use the following

• Standard size NonG for water sports
  • Short GonG for J hook use & occasional thick D/D glass
My O/S NonG & O/S S/S stem are pretty much redundant these days although the O/S NonG is like a 18mm GonG. I need to order a new 18mm J hook as this was one of my favourite pieces to pair with the UD but I broke that J hook.

vp4Tvghl.jpg

Considering the UD and wonder how many users feel the need to alter the temps rather than using it at its stock temperature. Thanks

I have no need for mine as it runs perfectly for me on the high side of toasty. I do have a dimmer with several spots marked but I find mine runs spot on for NonG's through water & the slight redistribution of heat through the GonG is perfect for dry use.

In short mine was built exactly as I required & thats why it is my primary DD.

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
All this talk of different stems has me wanting to perhaps place an order... probably a good idea since I'd save a couple bucks what with the sale. I had been using the gong very frequently until I imploded my lovely bong into uselessness. At that point I switched to the thick glass direct draw and that was working superbly. Untilllllllllllll I just barely touched it to a hard surface counter top in the kitchen and it shattered into tiny bits. So for several weeks now I've been "getting by" using the nylon and steel dd stem. It works just fine, and it being impossible to break is nice but for some reason I feel like I fared better from the longer glass stem. Perhaps the longer path and cooler vapor agreed more with my throat? I'm kinda rambling here, but I was considering getting one of those full strength stainless tubes and maybe a j hook since it is so cheap. What are FCs thoughts on these? Basically, please convince me to make an order lol.

sixstringsmash

Well I just did it. Thought the VAS would subside for a little but with this new sale going on I decided to bite the bullet on my underdog #2 now. A beautiful looking Big Leaf Maple Burl dog has just been ordered and will hopefully be on its way to me soon to keep my banksia pod dog some nice company.

iVapeTooMuch

Oh I Member
Oops, shoulda been more clear. I was asking about the Ti but I had been curious about the SS lite, as well. I love my NonG's and WonG's, so was curious if there was a large difference. Good to know it's largely aesthetic.

Thanks for the feedback!
I'd like to add that the TonG feels really solid compared to the other stems.
I weighed them and the NonG came out to 7.15g, the GonG (with a regular screen, not SS tip) 7.17g, and the TonG (14mm) a whopping 23.33g.
It should be noted that I cut down a regular nylon stem to make my NonG (and it's just a tiny bit smaller than the GonG).

ZC

My new dog has taken a surprising amount of time away from my normal daily driver vape. I'm using this thing too much and it's inhibiting my ability to get stuff done!

I realized the way I was using the SS stems before wasn't ideal. I was putting too much in, packing it down, restricting airflow a bit. This would take 4-5 hits to kill the load, somewhat uneven.

Now I've just been putting the tiniest pinches of coarse ground material loose on the screen, killing it with one hit, maybe two if I'm feeling greedy. The effects are incredible with the tiniest amount of material, and the flavor and extraction both excel this way.

Loving the TonG most of all. May have to order some more.

Top Bottom