Underdog Log Vapes

shredder

My new dog has taken a surprising amount of time away from my normal daily driver vape. I'm using this thing too much and it's inhibiting my ability to get stuff done!

I realized the way I was using the SS stems before wasn't ideal. I was putting too much in, packing it down, restricting airflow a bit. This would take 4-5 hits to kill the load, somewhat uneven.

Now I've just been putting the tiniest pinches of coarse ground material loose on the screen, killing it with one hit, maybe two if I'm feeling greedy. The effects are incredible with the tiniest amount of material, and the flavor and extraction both excel this way.

Loving the TonG most of all. May have to order some more.

Practice, practice, practice!

I think most of us find their own groove after a while. Even tho things can change, what you prefer today might be different at a later date.

BTW an underdog IS my daily driver. Some of the others got put away. 90% of my vaping is solo and in one specific area, and these dogs are perfect for that.
I also have portable and party vapes, but the dog drives.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, just a quick note to let you all know we're back from our weekend and shipping packages. All outstanding orders that weren't shipped today should go out tomorrow unless otherwise specifically noted.

We'll catch up on emails, messages and FC this evening. :tup:

underdog

Manufacturer
In general, I believe they are more efficient, durable, and offer increased longevity over ceramic. Ceramic may have a quicker heat up time

Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in more definitively if I'm off on that

You pretty much summed it up: generally more efficient, way higher durability and longevity. Heat up time is about a wash between the two but that's mostly moot anyways since either material will reach max temp in <10 seconds and is then waiting on the core mass to catch up.

Is there a sale on customs? Loving these new dogs and loved the refresh! This beautiful two tone maple Burl eluded me lol

Yes customs are 10% off during the sale, same as the non Birthday Vapes. Turnaround time on customs is 1-2 weeks right now (unless otherwise indicated), just as an FYI.

All this talk of different stems has me wanting to perhaps place an order... probably a good idea since I'd save a couple bucks what with the sale. I had been using the gong very frequently until I imploded my lovely bong into uselessness. At that point I switched to the thick glass direct draw and that was working superbly. Untilllllllllllll I just barely touched it to a hard surface counter top in the kitchen and it shattered into tiny bits. So for several weeks now I've been "getting by" using the nylon and steel dd stem. It works just fine, and it being impossible to break is nice but for some reason I feel like I fared better from the longer glass stem. Perhaps the longer path and cooler vapor agreed more with my throat? I'm kinda rambling here, but I was considering getting one of those full strength stainless tubes and maybe a j hook since it is so cheap. What are FCs thoughts on these? Basically, please convince me to make an order lol.

Do you know about how old that Thick Direct Draw stem was? We've recently switched processes to a much more rigorous anneal/temper treatment so hopefully they'll be even more durable going forward.

...Loving the TonG most of all. May have to order some more.

I really don't plan on making more of these so if you like them you might want to stock up. :)

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
I really don't plan on making more of these so if you like them you might want to stock up. :)

Forgive my lack of knowledge on titanium joint stems... these are only suitable for use in conjunction with a water device or such, right? These look super cool but I'm assuming are too short to be utilized as a direct draw, yeah?

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
Do you know about how old that Thick Direct Draw stem was?

I got my UD five months ago. And what glorious months they've been! I don't think I've strayed from my dog a single day since it has arrived, it has been a superb purchase overall. It felt like a light tap at the time but, uh, odds are quite close to 100% that I was thoroughly vaked. It was probably more forceful than I realized and one really should not expect glass to survive every time when coming into contact with stone.

The nylon is getting the job done right now but I should probably pick up one of those stainless tubes, they look fun.

Side note - I have been washing the same couple of screens in iso for several months now, does anybody else feel like previously used ones seem to get sort of clogged up more quickly than a brand new screen? I usually let them sit for a few days in iso, should there be another step after that to remove any other crud? Just looking for tips, I'll probably throw some screens on my stem order.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Side note - I have been washing the same couple of screens in iso for several months now, does anybody else feel like previously used ones seem to get sort of clogged up more quickly than a brand new screen? I usually let them sit for a few days in iso, should there be another step after that to remove any other crud? Just looking for tips, I'll probably throw some screens on my stem order.

Tweezers & a mini torch are all you need to get your screens cherry ripe. One of the best things about the UD is just how little cleaning/maintenance it actually requires compared to many other vapes.

If you are having issues with the screen clogging I suggest the following steps be taken. Use the muslin bag & blow the ABV into it as soon as you finish vaping the stem. A hot screen will usually stay clear for a fair while if you blow it out when it is still hot. When I forget to clear the stem I warm it up on the UD before clearing it. If you use the GonG or D/D stems & prefer to tap them out first invest a couple of $ in a cheap silicone ashtray. I usually tap mine out & then give it a quick blow & Bob's your mothers brother :2c: :peace:.

8xX4ImC.jpg

indicandescent

Dismembered Member
Yes, I am totally keen on that load clearing directly post hit so as to dislodge it more easily, but when it starts to stick even then? Sounds like I need to grab a small torch, I'll give that a whirl some time.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Yes, I am totally keen on that load clearing directly post hit so as to dislodge it more easily, but when it starts to stick even then? Sounds like I need to grab a small torch, I'll give that a whirl some time.

Yup, a torch & tweezers will fix it right up. Sometimes I give mine a Iso/acetone bath after a torching (when it is cool of course). To really sort out your UD you only need a torch & tweezers, hemp fiber & maybe some Iso & cotton buds for spotless cleaning. If you give your glass a real quick torch & run the hemp fiber filter up & down it will get your glass spotless as well as fuck your morning up when you vape the sodden remains.

Those wooden stems look sweeeeeet @underdog.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
Heya Dogs, just a quick note to let you all know we're back from our weekend and shipping packages. All outstanding orders that weren't shipped today should go out tomorrow unless otherwise specifically noted.

We'll catch up on emails, messages and FC this evening. :tup:
Just got mine today on the East Coast, ordered it while you were away.....if this is an indication of customer service, you have a new long term customer!

Officially a Dog now....my Black Walnut Air Core is fired up and working just fine.....sitting next to my Maple and Cherry E-nano's. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:

sixstringsmash

Hey Dogs, just about done for the day here but wanted to post a new Dog toy real quick before we log off. Enjoy!

http://underdogvapes.com/vape-accessories/vape-stems/premium-wood-stem
hwhe2h.jpg

http://underdogvapes.com/vape-accessories/vape-stems/lacewood-stem
20s870l.jpg

While supplies last, etc etc etc.

:cool:

You will be the end of my wallet @underdog ! I go on your website to buy a few extra stems the other day and end up buying a whole other second vaporizer because it was so pretty. Now I see this post today and I tell myself I don't need it! That's exactly what I told myself! After I bought the Maple and Lignum Vitae(and not to mention one of these ToNGs everyones talking about to boot) of course.

underdog

Manufacturer
You will be the end of my wallet @underdog ! I go on your website to buy a few extra stems the other day and end up buying a whole other second vaporizer because it was so pretty. Now I see this post today and I tell myself I don't need it! That's exactly what I told myself! After I bought the Maple and Lignum Vitae(and not to mention one of these ToNGs everyones talking about to boot) of course.

Sorry dude! :cool:

FreddieFresh

I'll be a dog this week. What's the Tongs about and how does it differ than the nylon, direct draw, etc?
TonGs are titanium on glass meant for 14 or 18 mm glass joints. They're in limited supply. The nylon, ss, and wood stems function the same as the ti basically. The herb is loaded in the metal stem and inserted in the heater core. It brings the load closer to the heat and adds conduction into the mix. They're great for those super micro doses and concentrates. The glass dd and gong fit around the outside of the heater, and provide a more pure convection hit. There's also oversized ss stems. They can hold a bit more herb. A lot of people prefer glass for taste. For the most part I'm going to try a bit of everything

Last edited:
Top Bottom