Underdog Log Vapes

6079Smith

Welp, I broke my rule of a three day cool off period on all vape related purchases first thing this morning- I had to pick up a few of those beautiful stems. I regret nothing :)

Besides, I was just thinking relatively recently how nice it would be if UD offered such- surely that counts, right?

I'm particularly excited for the lignum vitae, latin for "wood of life", I found. It has such interesting characteristics and an extensive history of use, even just skimming the Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lignum_vitae

I got a kick out of the literary connection to Merlins's magic wand.. It's gonna be magical, all right, no doubts there!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
The oversized ss stems interesting.
I'll probably have some questions when I receive UD. Thanks

I have one & never use it. Not because it is bad or anything but it is considerably heavier than any other UD stem I own. Indestructible under almost any scenario I can picture I have mine as a insurance policy against any clumsy accidents with glass. Vapour seems a fair bit cooler through it but it is a weighty option.

can stainless tips be used [effectively] with the standard core?

I love my standard core & it loves the S/S tips. Having had two NonG's 45 minutes ago I felt blazed for a good 20 minutes & I vape at least 1g a day. Yeah, I'd say it is effective :whoa:.

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Welp, I broke my rule of a three day cool off period on all vape related purchases first thing this morning- I had to pick up a few of those beautiful stems. I regret nothing :)

Besides, I was just thinking relatively recently how nice it would be if UD offered such- surely that counts, right?

I'm particularly excited for the lignum vitae, latin for "wood of life", I found. It has such interesting characteristics and an extensive history of use, even just skimming the Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lignum_vitae

I got a kick out of the literary connection to Merlins's magic wand.. It's gonna be magical, all right, no doubts there!

Hah.. guess I read your mind man, hope you enjoy the stem(s).

Lignum Vitae is an awesome wood and extra special to sailors and the caribbean region so is extra special to me. Unfortunately it's very heavily endangered so what little remains already on the market is about it.

I have one & never use it. Not because it is bad or anything but it is considerably heavier than any other UD stem I own. Indestructible under almost any scenario I can picture I have mine as a insurance policy against any clumsy accidents with glass. Vapour seems a fair bit cooler through it but it is a weighty option.

I love my standard core & it loves the S/S tips. Having had two NonG's 45 minutes ago I felt blazed for a good 20 minutes & I vape at least 1g a day. Yeah, I'd say it is effective :whoa:.

Those beastly oversized SS stems are monsters.. I made a double length one for someone and I'm pretty sure it would have made a decent anti-zombie weapon should the need have arisen. :lol:

sixstringsmash

So the beautiful Big Leaf Maple Burl arrived not too long ago and I have her warming up right now and waiting to get hit and I must say I could not be happier with how nice this wood looks. Here's a picture of her in all her beauty

c758zkd.jpg

Now here's a picture of my now complete family of Dog!

BS5k9zu.jpg

The one in the middle hasn't been doing much lately he's going to have to really step up his game if he wants to reclaim the title of favorite dog now.

indicandescent

Dismembered Member

This is precisely why I just ordered one - usually not super clumsy but have destroyed all my glass options. Have the giant SS plus a J Hook on the way, so if i fumble more glass at least I'll have options with the stainless and with my existing nylons. I don't think the weight will bother me much, I always enjoyed the weightiness of my thick glass direct draw (RIP).

6079Smith

My magic wand has arrived safe and sound, two disciples in tow :love: Couldn't be more pleased with them, thank you, Underdog!

Lacewood lite, Lignum Vitae, Stone Burl
IgtGCL1.jpg

Very glad to have had the timing on this one as UD site only shows lacewood in stock currently. Pics never do justice, they are all quite different in grain, texture, and weight but compliment each other nicely. The lacewood has a wonderful iridescent, heiroglyph looking pattern running down it that surprised me. The stone burl is as smooth as butter and the lignum vitae has a unique grain, weight, and very handsome greens running throughout.

Wow, two UD deliveries in as many weeks, a fellow could get used to this.. though I may have to hit the 'ol bossman up for a bump.

@sixstringsmash, That is one beautiful pack, congrats on the newest addition.. just jaw dropping, all around! The one in the middle is adorable, too, I wouldn't stand a chance against those eyes

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Not sure how many Aussie UD owners are on here but next time I place an order with Oz bongs I might chuck a couple of these in my cart. I measured my thick D/D stem & I think a 16mm outer with a 2.5mm wall will fit pretty well if not perfectly. Just throwing this out there as for under $5 a pop it could be a good local solution :shrug:.

14mm & 18mm are available. If you google the description they should be easily available considering Australia is the arse end of nowhere & we seem to have them readily available.

http://710.com.au/schott-m-14-23-uber-on-160-x-2-5-tubing.html

http://710.com.au/schott-m-19-26-on-16-x-2-5-x-130-tubing.html

SCHOTT Duran Male 14.5mm Ground glass Joint UBER
14/23 German ground joint
16 X 2.5 X 130mm tubing

052A9786.jpg

underdog

Manufacturer
I'm looking for a battery of some kind. It doesn't have to be super portable, just so I don't have to run the car, and something I can get a few sessions off of between charges would be ideal. Camping etc. Is there anything large that would give a lot use like:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Powermax...Battery-Charger-and-Car-Jump-Starter/47311369

Hoping to find something locally.

The ad is a little short on details but it does mention plugs for various devices and 12v output so it'd probably work just fine. It's a little overpriced but that's to be expected if you're looking to get something local. :2c:

intowhite

The ad is a little short on details but it does mention plugs for various devices and 12v output so it'd probably work just fine. It's a little overpriced but that's to be expected if you're looking to get something local. :2c:

I did just notice that it says 700 amps. Considering I'm using a 2 amp wall adapter, would this be dangerous?

underdog

Manufacturer
I did just notice that it says 700 amps. Considering I'm using a 2 amp wall adapter, would this be dangerous?

Nope, not at all.

The current a device will draw is equal to the voltage that's applied to it divided by the devices internal resistance. In the case of an UD, with 12v applied, it will draw less than 1 amp (usually .6A to .7A), to draw more it either has to have higher voltage applied or it's resistance lowered (ie, short circuit).

Long story short - at 12v your UD will only draw it's 'needed' amount of current (.6A to .7A) regardless of the capacity of the power source.

:science:

underdog

Manufacturer
@ltv this should help...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.18906/

Hopefully I should be hearing back about my UD any day now. I'm anxious to see how it comes out!

If yours is the Dog I'm thinking of then I've got it roughed out and sitting in the shop chilling out. I'm letting it sit and have a rest to make sure it's completely stable (ie, no residual moisture, etc) before I finish it up. I think Underdogette is going to grab a pic of it today for your approval before I do anything else. :nod::2c:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Speaking of camping/remote applications does anyone know if this would be suitable to pair with a 2.1mm jack, cable, dimmer, cable & a couple alligator clips?

It says it will deliver 12V for 20 hours running at 6.5ah. Would that translate to a minimum of 120 hours of continuous use if the UD draws under 1a per hour & could be as high as 180 hours use? If so it coudl be a highly viable solution as the battery is not very big to take camping.

MeXGLjL.jpg

That combo looks awesome @iVapeTooMuch

Top Bottom