Underdog Log Vapes

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Okay, I went on a hunt through Ed's thread, he actually refers to them as bushings.

Yeah I know about those and actually have a few, they're pretty sweet to use. Thought the "basket tip" may be made by someone I never heard of...like something new for the underdog I'd need to check out.

(my current favorite stems are the oversized and standard SS stems)

Edit; @6079Smith I read right over you using the term in a post on the last page, didn't realize you coined it when I posted the above.

j-bug

So my wall wart appears to be dead, or my dog is but I'm gonna assume it's the wall wart. As it's the 1st day of a three day weekend I'd really like to go out and pick a new one up. Does anyone have recommendations for the sort of store I might be able to walk in and buy one?

If I recall correctly it's a 1 amp 12 volt power supply with a 2.1 mm output jack, is that correct? (Edited to add: looking at my power supply that came with my dog it's rated at 1250 mA, so it's actually just over an amp)

Sending my partner to the nearby hardware store with the dead power supply. Hoping that that turns something up. Will update. Our local hardware is ace hardware if they don't have it I'll probably end up driving to a bigger hardware store or somewhere like radio shack.

Last edited:

j-bug

You would be spot on @j-bug. Not sure if you have any old modems, battery chargers & the like hanging around but I found my current PS in a junk cupboard with a old router & PC cables. You never know what you may have laying around the house.
I unfortunately move around quite a bit and am a bit of a minimalist so no luck on that front. Ace hardware was a bust. Gonna hit up Fry's Electronics and then Best Buy as that's what was suggested by Ace hardware.

Fortunately got some RSO from the dispensary the other day to make medicated breakfast smoothies with so I can Medicare with that this weekend and run to a dispensary if I need to for edibles. Propane vape had a friend combust in it the other day and still has a nasty smell and taste. Letting it soak a bit more and working on cleaning the smoke mess out of it.

j-bug

You should score at Fry's, no problem. If nothing else, maybe buy something cheap that comes with a PS and cannibalize one
So we came home with a power supply from Fry's that you can set to a few different voltages. One of them is 12v, it also has 3, 4.5, 6, 7.5 and 9 volt so I'll be able to dial in a resting temp and experiment with different exact(ish probably) voltages. It's a regulated switching power supply so it's a slight upgrade. It's only 1200 mA which is slightly less(50mA less to be precise) than the default power supply but based on my recollection of previous power supply discussions that's within reasonable parameters. I'm supposed to unplug it when switching voltages but otherwise for me this will be a great new toy I think. And might get me considering a vvps purchase in the future.

Last edited:

ZC

I missed out on the oversized SS stems but I love my standard. Does the oversized hit like a glass stem?

Oversized stems are in stock, you didn't miss out on anything! http://underdogvapes.com/vape-accessories/vape-stems/oversized-ss-stem

And yeah they hit like glass but I think they provide a bit more cooling. Hard to say. The only con with the oversized is that you can't see which end has the screen at first glance, so you gotta look down the barrel before you use it to make sure you're oriented the right way. Not a big deal or anything just not something you have to do with the small SS or glass stems.

6079Smith

The only con with the oversized is that you can't see which end has the screen at first glance, so you gotta look down the barrel before you use it to make sure you're oriented the right way. Not a big deal or anything just not something you have to do with the small SS or glass stems.

Maybe you can use a tube cutter or some such to etch some clean lines on one end.. braille for the highly medicated :) I don't own the fattie version but it seems, more than annoying, one could potentially burn their fingers or worse, lips. Besides, it's fun to mod/personalize shit, however small.

My standard came with a flare at one end that acts as a stop on the heater. It gets very hot but maybe the heats a non-issue on the thicker stems

hillbill

Putting a little piece of intact bud in a nylon stem is interesting. May be breaking a rule but I also have a Vapolution II and it's legal over there.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Long time no see :) ! Just wanna drop buy and say how much i love my underdogs ,in the last few years they have been my daily drivers for me and my gf and are always there for me, wish i had friends that are half as reliable as the UDs. I've broken many stems but i found a cheap source ,i make mine by cutting the bottom, of a 12mm/120mm boro vials 100pc run for 8$ around here,can be found in most of the chemical supply stores :)):). <3 Peace and love to everyone and eternal joy to Dave and his lovely wife !

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Lol, I was coming to say same thing....no news is good news, my dogs work great! I rotate my dogs weekly but have had one on 24/7 in my new house. Super convenient, my daily driver for sure. I had a perfectly clean glass DD stem I started using once I moved in, and BOY is it looking gnarly :)

Hope alls well with everyone :) it's getting close to the holidays......a sense another dog!! Holiday 14 I got 1.....holiday 15 I got 3........maybe I'll meet in the middle this year at 2 :lol:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I try to keep my water vaping to weekends as I always overindulge but footy finals start tonight so I have cleaned my 14mm pieces & J hooks & my UD is plugged in & ready for the festivities. There are two vapes I will always recommend & one of those is the Underdog. I don't believe I have heard of a unhappy customer TBH.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Lol, I was coming to say same thing....no news is good news, my dogs work great! I rotate my dogs weekly but have had one on 24/7 in my new house. Super convenient, my daily driver for sure. I had a perfectly clean glass DD stem I started using once I moved in, and BOY is it looking gnarly :)

Hope alls well with everyone :) it's getting close to the holidays......a sense another dog!! Holiday 14 I got 1.....holiday 15 I got 3........maybe I'll meet in the middle this year at 2 :lol:

Yup same here. My Dogs have taken over my new house. I have most my pups strategicly placed around the house and they're always ready to go.

@HellsWindStaff you're catching up to me. I may have to grab a Dog or two myself lol.

Hope all is well with you both @underdogette & @underdog. Keep up the phenomenal work!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Thanks for dropping in guys, haven't talked to some of you in quite a while so it's nice to see your faces around here again!

We're doing well, just have our heads down working hard on the finish push to kick off the Birthday Sale.. getting close. :cheers:

j-bug

Thanks for dropping in guys, haven't talked to some of you in quite a while so it's nice to see your faces around here again!

We're doing well, just have our heads down working hard on the finish push to kick off the Birthday Sale.. getting close. :cheers:
I've been telling a number of financially constrained friends and family to look out for your birthday sale, who've been quite interested in picking themselves up an underdog for their home.

Top Bottom