Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Pedestrian 36 said:
Oh god I like the style of these Underdog! I'm an amateur to actual vaporizing but I myself envisioned a dominant wood future for all to-exist devices. Color me absolutely impressed. :cool:

Thanks Pedestrian!

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey dave, sorry to bother you again, would you mind checkin your e-mail again. I've sent few questions regarding wood. Thx again :brow:

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Hey dave, sorry to bother you again, would you mind checkin your e-mail again. I've sent few questions regarding wood. Thx again :brow:

Got it, thanks.

I've been busy and out of touch so sorry for any delays getting back to all you guys and gals.

Drove down to the bay area and spent the first half of the day picking up 600-700lbs of some very hard to find 4" thick lumber then drove it back up to NorCal and spent the rest of the day re-sawing it into manageable pieces and trying to find space on the wood rack for some of it. Lots of work and money spent but more wood is always good!

underdog,

cluffy

Vaker
Wow SirElton, I'm usually right on top of the TWSS' s but that one slipped by me!!! ++

Oh hey, today is my 9th day without a cigarette!!! :peace:

cluffy,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Congrats cluffy. I'm back to combusting while my dog is out. Not proud, but the MFLB was too light for me or something because it caused anxiety.

Don't go back to the butts!

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
SirElton said:
underdog said:
Lots of work and money spent but more wood is always good!

That's what she said. :lol:

Haha.. alright you got me on that one :lol:

cluffy said:
Wow SirElton, I'm usually right on top of the TWSS' s but that one slipped by me!!! ++

Oh hey, today is my 9th day without a cigarette!!! :peace:

Nice! Good job cluffy you're getting past the worst part (if not past it already) so keep it up dude! I'm on my 4th-5th year without one so I know it can be done. :2c:

darkrom said:
Congrats cluffy. I'm back to combusting while my dog is out. Not proud, but the MFLB was too light for me or something because it caused anxiety.

Don't go back to the butts!

Hey darkrom did you narrow your anxiety down to your MFLB? That weird but if so at least you figured it out. I don't like the sound of this combustion thing though so I'm gonna have to get your UD back to you pronto!

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Last night I was at Mission Impossible 4 and noticed a pretty increased heart rate shortly after vaping with the MFLB. I may check out these "Gnome" lighter based vapes eventually as another portable option, but I'm waiting till I get my dog back. I really hope it is only the MFLB causing issues. If that was the case I'd simply conclude I got my money's worth out of it for sure by this time.

I think I'm doing better, but nothing great. I definitely can't wait to get my dog back.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
Last night I was at Mission Impossible 4 and noticed a pretty increased heart rate shortly after vaping with the MFLB. I may check out these "Gnome" lighter based vapes eventually as another portable option, but I'm waiting till I get my dog back. I really hope it is only the MFLB causing issues. If that was the case I'd simply conclude I got my money's worth out of it for sure by this time.

I think I'm doing better, but nothing great. I definitely can't wait to get my dog back.

Well I'm buttoning it back up today and hope to send back out to you soon, if all goes perfectly maybe this afternoon.. otherwise maybe tomorrow. Hopefully you'll be glad to have it back and hopefully it'll help ease your anxiety. It's definitely ready to run now with a 24/7 core and is considerably harder hitting than before I think.

underdog,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Dave Dave Dave....HARDER hitting than before...:uhoh: :o I honestly can't imagine a harder hit even the slightest bit.

I don't know what to say haha thats not even feasible to me. It already hit harder than any vape I've had the luxury of using, including my Da Buddha (which got sold shortly after getting the dog)

Thank you for the upgrade. I don't know if I mentioned this or not but my plan is to plug it in when I wake up, and unplug at night. Think that's ok with those woods, or should I be careful? I really don't NEED it on all day, but I figure its good habit to have it on during my waking hours lol.

Thanks again. I'll obviously review the new core and provide feedback. If it's seriously stronger than before I may need a crash helmet for that test.

darkrom,

Abysmal Vapor

:)Nice darkrom.. I knew it that the new core will satisfy your needs. I got one of the first revised cores in my vape and i am more happy than i can calculate.. So i was asking myself.. What is that guy darkrom complaining about not getting relaxed/stoned :D this vape "knocks off my socks "
Enjoy your advanced dogride - same dog but a better cart :).
Btw ... today i hitted my dbv cause i was in hurry i couldn't wait 15-20 minutes for my dog to "fog on", i coughed out my soul on 11'o clock on the dial (my sweetspot) then i reduced to the minimum and it was the only tuning that i could handle.. whitout getting my throat tissue/lungs irritated..

Abysmal Vapor,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
:)Nice darkrom.. I knew it that the new core will satisfy your needs. I got one of the first revised cores in my vape and i am more happy than i can calculate.. So i was asking myself.. What is that guy darkrom complaining about not getting relaxed/stoned :D this vape "knocks off my socks "
Btw ... today i hitted my dbv cause i was in hurry i couldn't wait 15-20 minutes for my dog to "fog on", i coughed out my soul on 11'o clock on the dial (my sweetspot) then i reduced to the minimum and it was the only tuning that i could handle.. whitout getting my throat tissue/lungs irritated..

Doh! coughing and irritated throat/lungs isn't fun! At least once your contest (#2 haha) vape arrives you'll have one to leave on all the time. I know your custom piece has the 24/7 core but probably nice to baby it since it's a 1-of-a-kind and all..

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

underdog said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

Doh! coughing and irritated throat/lungs isn't fun! At least once your contest (#2 haha) vape arrives you'll have one to leave on all the time. I know your custom piece has the 24/7 core but probably nice to baby it since it's a 1-of-a-kind and all..
Those coughing days are over :). When i get my hands on my second dog ,i will always have a hot one even if it wasnt 24/7. It takes around 20-30 minutes for a dog to get "fog on" so with the help of two timers, i can set that each vapes "turns on"30 minutes before the other "turns off" :brow:.
I've read of shamans naming their pipes and sniffers and threating them as they are alive and concious , this is the way i am with my UD ,my heart will shrink if i threat it unright .

Abysmal Vapor,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Abysmal Vapor said:

Just to clarify Abysmal, I am excited for the new core, but there was nothing wrong with the old core that I've ever complained about. My issues may have actually started when I sent the dog out and was using just the MFLB lol. My underdog is on it's way home and I'm VERY excited to have it back.

darkrom,

underdog

Manufacturer
darkrom said:
Abysmal Vapor said:

Just to clarify Abysmal, I am excited for the new core, but there was nothing wrong with the old core that I've ever complained about. My issues may have actually started when I sent the dog out and was using just the MFLB lol. My underdog is on it's way home and I'm VERY excited to have it back.

Your piece left this morning and is on it's way as we speak.. if you're lucky you might have it before Christmas but no guarantees. :)

underdog,

underdog

Manufacturer
The announcement yesterday that Purple Days was closing shop effective immediately has resulted in quite a few people emailing me with questions regarding the compatibility of UD parts and accessories with PD units. I think this surge of message will probably continue so I will answer some of the reoccurring questions here.

re: Stems (UD>PD) - I don't have PD style stems made of Polypropylene and stainless steel and will not be making any in that style. All my stems are simple silicone stems. My glass stems utilize a small micro-bowl of silicone too. All 3/8" UD stems will fit the PD without modification and in many cases will actually increase performance.

re: Power Supplies (UD>PD) - The 12v DC power supplies that come with all UD pieces (and are available separately on my website) are compatible with the PD. Power supply accessories such as extensions, splitters, lighted pig-tails, etc are also compatible. Our mobile adapter for use in the car/boat/whatever are also compatible. Variable power supplies (when I stock them) are also physically compatible though i can't guarantee how they work with the PD.

re: Misc Accessories (UD>PD) - I don't have a sample of Buzz Butter but to the best of my knowledge it is very similar to my Underbutter and the two should be interchangeable. The composition of Underbutter is mostly local organic Walnut Oil and organic Beeswax. UD aroma-cups fit in and work with the PD fine.

re: PD Repair - For those who have asked I am capable of making repairs to the PD if needed. I won't be making any 'PD clones', it's not what I do and I believe there is already 1 or more people doing that but again, I can help with warranty service / repairs if needed.

Lastly, a couple of you have asked if I will take 'trade-ins' of a PD for UD store credit as I do with older UDs. The short answer to this question is that I don't know, I need to think about it a bit. For those inquires I suggest you message me and discuss it privately.

Last edited by a moderator:
underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

underdog said:
The announcement yesterday that Purple Days was closing shop effective immediately has resulted in quite a few people emailing me with questions regarding the compatibility of UD parts and accessories with PD units. I think this surge of message will probably continue so I will answer some of the reoccurring questions here.

re: Stems (UD>PD) - I don't have PD style stems made of Polypropylene and stainless steel and will not be making any in that style. All my stems are simple silicone stems. My glass stems utilize a small micro-bowl of silicone too. All 3/8" UD stems will fit the PD without modification and in many cases will actually increase performance.

re: Power Supplies (UD>PD) - The 12v DC power supplies that come with all UD pieces (and are available separately on my website) are compatible with the PD. Power supply accessories such as extensions, splitters, lighted pig-tails, etc are also compatible. Our mobile adapter for use in the car/boat/whatever are also compatible. Variable power supplies (when I stock them) are also physically compatible though i can't guarantee how they work with the PD.

re: Misc Accessories (UD>PD) - I don't have a sample of Buzz Butter but to the best of my knowledge it is very similar to my Underbutter and the two should be interchangeable. The composition of Underbutter is mostly local organic Walnut Oil and organic Beeswax. UD aroma-cups fit in and work with the PD fine.

re: PD Repair - For those who have asked I am capable of making repairs to the PD if needed. I won't be making any 'PD clones', it's not what I do and I believe there is already 1 or more people doing that but again, I can help with warranty service / repairs if needed.

Lastly, a couple of you have asked if I will take 'trade-ins' of a PD for UD store credit as I do with older UDs. The short answer to this question is that I don't know, I need to think about it a bit. For those inquires I suggest you message me and discuss it privately.
Dave it is very kind of you to give "medicinal service" to the broken PDs,at least people will know their sending their units to a pro :cool:.

Abysmal Vapor,

SirElton

I personally never had any experience with Purple Days, but they did have quite the reputation. That being said, it helps other log vape companies like Underdog get new customers. Dave and UD have been aces and I hope the people will buy more than 3/8 tubing.

On another note, I've been testing my UD by keeping it plugged in 24 hours a day for the past 4 days. Its a birthday special, made with the old core, and has been going well. The wood hasn't been getting very warm and the cloud quality hasn't lowered. I know Dave doesn't recommend keeping the Dog on 24/7, but I figure it won't be a problem. Even if it does crap out, the ability to send it in and get a new core is fantastic (and worth it). I feel like the Dog has to run 24/7 or else it'll lose out to my CRZ. I'm too lazy or short-sighted to figure out when to plug it in and use it. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing the new twigs and regular pieces that have been in the works. I keep checking the catalog each day.

Happy first night of Hanukkah yall! ?

SirElton,

underdog

Manufacturer
SirElton said:
I personally never had any experience with Purple Days, but they did have quite the reputation. That being said, it helps other log vape companies like Underdog get new customers. Dave and UD have been aces and I hope the people will buy more than 3/8 tubing.

On another note, I've been testing my UD by keeping it plugged in 24 hours a day for the past 4 days. Its a birthday special, made with the old core, and has been going well. The wood hasn't been getting very warm and the cloud quality hasn't lowered. I know Dave doesn't recommend keeping the Dog on 24/7, but I figure it won't be a problem. Even if it does crap out, the ability to send it in and get a new core is fantastic (and worth it). I feel like the Dog has to run 24/7 or else it'll lose out to my CRZ. I'm too lazy or short-sighted to figure out when to plug it in and use it. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing the new twigs and regular pieces that have been in the works. I keep checking the catalog each day.

Thanks SirElton, I haven't been called aces before.. I like it. :brow:

By all means leave that UD bad boy on 24/7 if you're comfortable with it. If it craps out I'll fix it so not much to lose.

I'll be posting some of the new pieces in the next few days, first on here and then moving them to the catalog. I like to put them here first and give you FC peeps the opportunity on them first before they go public.

underdog,

Abysmal Vapor

underdog said:
SirElton said:

Thanks SirElton, I haven't been called aces before.. I like it. :brow:

By all means leave that UD bad boy on 24/7 if you're comfortable with it. If it craps out I'll fix it so not much to lose.

I'll be posting some of the new pieces in the next few days, first on here and then moving them to the catalog. I like to put them here first and give you FC peeps the opportunity on them first before they go public.

Are the all the new pieces gonna be ubertwigs ? My eyes are already starving for some log art.

Abysmal Vapor,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Has anyone with the new core been leaving their UD's on 24/7 for a while?
I haven't yet as I'm worried about a crack that appeared in my favorite pack member after a few weeks use. The crack doesn't change performance and seems to have stopped growing weeks ago. But I'm hesitant to leave it on all the time for fear of it's early demise.
Still using it daily and very happy with it

psyshaman,
Wow, it's awesome that Dave is going to help anyone with PD problems out! That's a very nice thing to do for the community.

It's sad Tom and Pam decided to pull out of the market, but at least there are other amazing log manufacturers to fill the vacuum - like Dave of Underdog, whose design I much prefer.

charliedontsurf,

underdog

Manufacturer
Abysmal Vapor said:
Are the all the new pieces gonna be ubertwigs ? My eyes are already starving for some log art.

No, not all uber-Twigs at all Abysmal! I'd say I have more full size pieces in the pipe than Twigs.. :cool:

psyshaman said:
Has anyone with the new core been leaving their UD's on 24/7 for a while?
I haven't yet as I'm worried about a crack that appeared in my favorite pack member after a few weeks use. The crack doesn't change performance and seems to have stopped growing weeks ago. But I'm hesitant to leave it on all the time for fear of it's early demise.
Still using it daily and very happy with it

Hey psyshaman, which piece developed a crack? If you want you can email (or post here for that matter) a pic of the crack so I can add it to my notes. If the crack has stabilized (ie stopped growing for weeks) then 24/7 operation probably won't make it worse.. at least that's been my experience. :peace:

underdog,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Can't wait to see the new pieces Dave. Also want to add that I think it's very Stand-Up of you to help the PD people out with there recent situation. Glad to hear that UD is around for the future.

Gonzo,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Dave, it was the rhook that developed the crack will send you pictures soon.
I hope it has stabilized and won't go any further.
I will put it to the test shortly and leave it on for a few days. Will take some pics before hand to see if it's still growing
It's still hitting like a dream :) I'm quite attached to it!

psyshaman,
Top Bottom