Underdog Log Vapes

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
I think that this question is answered somewhere but I don't have the energy to read through 400 pages. Is there something that can regulate temperature on the dog similar to the one on the e-nano?

Voltage keeper is a very good option.

I am currently using a variable voltage mobile power bank from china - https://www.fasttech.com/products/1341401. It's a cheaper option. Works well, you can vary the voltage in increments of 0.5v. The power bank itself cost about $20 and 4 18650 batteries will run you about $25. All in its about half the price of a voltage keeper. I'm on a budget, otherwise a VK would be my first option.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I use this along with my 15v power supply, a much easier way to scale down to temp. It doesn't work as well as you may hope it ill but it works well enough that I can prevent combustion and basically control the temp.

My multimeter says it only scales it down one volt but I am quite sure this is inaccurate. About 25% turned is good, 50% turned doesn't even melt the beeswax in the cup. But 45% turned is good.. Like I said it doesn't work as well as hoped but it works well enough.

I am ordering another set of 15v power supplies and dimmers for my normal dogs.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RBXPDQU - If you want it before October (White model is cheaper)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MUE6JXQ - I don't think Dave would recommend this, but honestly my dogs have been running cool with it. I don't use the 15v 24/7 maybe 4-14 hours a day with the lower numbers being more frequent.

Last edited:

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
I use this along with my 15v power supply, a much easier way to scale down to temp. It doesn't work as well as you may hope it ill but it works well enough that I can prevent combustion and basically control the temp.

My multimeter says it only scales it down one volt but I am quite sure this is inaccurate. About 25% turned is good, 50% turned doesn't even melt the beeswax in the cup. But 45% turned is good.. Like I said it doesn't work as well as hoped but it works well enough.

I am ordering another set of 15v power supplies and dimmers for my normal dogs.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RBXPDQU - If you want it before October
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MUE6JXQ

Yeah modern dimmers usually use some form of PWM to control the amount of power delivered instead of just dropping voltage like in old fashioned dimmers. So a simple voltage reading won't show much difference because it can't really see what's going on. The net effect is the same though, lower power = lower temp. :science:

underdog

Manufacturer
I think that this question is answered somewhere but I don't have the energy to read through 400 pages. Is there something that can regulate temperature on the dog similar to the one on the e-nano?

Looks like everyone else already answered but yes it's very easy to do this and there are multiple ways one could go...

• Dimmer with stock power supply if it runs your Dog hot enough (<$10)
  • Higher voltage (ie 15v) power supply (if stock isn't hot enough) with a dimmer (<$20 total)
  • DIY VVPS kit with cord (<$20)
  • Cheap VVPS with cord (<$25)
  • Mid-range VVPS with cord ($50)
  • Battery Pack w/ batteries ($50-$100)
  • High quality VVPS (Voltage Keeper, etc) ($100+?)

::edited to add battery pack::

Last edited:

cameronuu

Looks like everyone else already answered but yes it's very easy to do this and there are multiple ways one could go...

• Dimmer with stock power supply if it runs your Dog hot enough (<$10)
  • Higher voltage (ie 15v) power supply (if stock isn't hot enough) with a dimmer (<$20 total)
  • DIY VVPS kit with cord (<$20)
  • Cheap VVPS with cord (<$25)
  • Mid-range VVPS with cord ($50)
  • High quality VVPS (Voltage Keeper, etc) ($100+?)
Wait there is a DIY vvps kit?

cameronuu,

underdog

Manufacturer
Wait there is a DIY vvps kit?

Yes and no. Not specifically for the UD but the parts needed can be had for cheap and just require hooking up a couple wires, providing input voltage, etc. Lots of options, here are a few random grabs from eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361260307714?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Display...260cd3&pid=100010&rk=4&rkt=24&sd=291523096161

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5A-Adjustab...25990411&tpos=unknow&ttype=price&talgo=origal

:peace:

underdog

Manufacturer
I want to clarify because of something someone posted on a different thread. I have a couple of "vape specials". Do these have a regular core or the same core as econodogs?

'Vape Specials' all have the same 12v core that is shared with the standard UDs.

The Econo-Dog (17v) is the only non-12v model we've built and is unique in that regard. It does share its physical stainless core with the Air Core models however.

NickDlow

Log Hog
What's up @underdogette, @underdog and the rest of my Dogs. I hope you guys had a good weekend.

I went for a little whitewater rafting up in Maine and it was beyond words. I'm depressed I'm home lol.

Anyway I recieved my battery VK from @VoltageKeeper and my pup was by my side for a nice little hike to check out some waterfalls.

Here a couple pics from the trip. I hope you enjoy.

RaSdQW5.jpg

tiAAlLb.jpg

D77PNbN.jpg

b9XMrEv.jpg

IkSNAS6.jpg

cameronuu

What's up @underdogette, @underdog and the rest of my Dogs. I hope you guys had a good weekend.

I went for a little whitewater rafting up in Maine and it was beyond words. I'm depressed I'm home lol.

Anyway I recieved my battery VK from @VoltageKeeper and my pup was by my side for a nice little hike to check out some waterfalls.

RaSdQW5.jpg

wow man that dog is beautiful! T-12 hours until my first pup is in my hands I can't wait!!:love::love::love:

underdog

Manufacturer
Heya Dogs, good morning, hope you all had a great holiday weekend. We worked for much of it but still had time to find some fun. :)

We'll be putting up a small refresh today, 10-15 standard core UDs in a variety of types so stay tuned. I think there are also a couple Lost Dogs in there as well for those of you who like to adopt strays. :cool: I suspect they'll be live on the site by early/mid afternoon.

RaSdQW5.jpg

tiAAlLb.jpg

D77PNbN.jpg

b9XMrEv.jpg

IkSNAS6.jpg

Damn Nick, thanks for the pics.. I think I've decided to move to Maine lol. Hope you had an awesome trip with the Dog!

wow man that dog is beautiful! T-12 hours until
my first pup is in my hands I can't wait!!:love::love::love:

Welcome aboard dude!

Is today technically next week? :cool:

Yes. :p

woolspinner

Heya Dogs, good morning, hope you all had a great holiday weekend. We worked for much of it but still had time to find some fun. :)

We'll be putting up a small refresh today, 10-15 standard core UDs in a variety of types so stay tuned. I think there are also a couple Lost Dogs in there as well for those of you who like to adopt strays. :cool: I suspect they'll be live on the site by early/mid afternoon.

Damn Nick, thanks for the pics.. I think I've decided to move to Maine lol. Hope you had an awesome trip with the Dog!

Welcome aboard dude!

Yes. :p

Oh, good!

I have been checking daily for updates. I really SHOULD NOT buy another vape so soon after my Haze and with my move coming up, but I love the look of the Underdogs and think they will fill some gaps for me. I love my Haze, but a pure convection vape that can stay on all evening while I sip as needed will be so perfect. I sometimes forget I have turned my Haze on, start doing other things, some of my material gets vaped, and then it shuts off (which is good!) and I have to turn it back on and wait for it to heat again. I did this twice in a row last night!

If I do not see one I like, I * may * be contacting you about a hickory (love hickory, maple, ash, beech, walnut, pine) custom. Still on the fence about spending, but I think I may be able to justify it to myself. :love:

underdog

Manufacturer
Oh, good!

I have been checking daily for updates. I really SHOULD NOT buy another vape so soon after my Haze and with my move coming up, but I love the look of the Underdogs and think they will fill some gaps for me. I love my Haze, but a pure convection vape that can stay on all evening while I sip as needed will be so perfect. I sometimes forget I have turned my Haze on, start doing other things, some of my material gets vaped, and then it shuts off (which is good!) and I have to turn it back on and wait for it to heat again. I did this twice in a row last night!

If I do not see one I like, I * may * be contacting you about a hickory (love hickory, maple, ash, beech, walnut, pine) custom. Still on the fence about spending, but I think I may be able to justify it to myself. :love:

Hmmm... hate to be a bad influence if you shouldn't be buying anything BUT this is probably the best opportunity (price wise) for the rest of the year both in regards to off-the-shelf pieces and custom work. :2c:

Underdogette should have the refresh up in an hour or two...

woolspinner

Hmmm... hate to be a bad influence if you shouldn't be buying anything BUT this is probably the best opportunity (price wise) for the rest of the year both in regards to off-the-shelf pieces and custom work. :2c:

I know. Funny, my sis, brother-in-law, and BFF all have September birthdays. I guess we know what your parents were all doing the January before you were born.

woolspinner

Oh, you had teak! I love teak! Nice simple design, I can hardly wait to see it in person! And such a bargain with free shipping!

Top Bottom