Underdog Log Vapes

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
Speaking of battery packs and VVPS..

We ordered a handful of battery packs (the ones discussed here every now and then) and will have them available (with or without Panasonic batteries) on the website as a 'courtesy item' soon. I say 'courtesy item' because we aren't making money on them and we aren't able to warranty them. They'll just be available so UD users who want to get one and don't have the time (or patience) to wait for delivery from China have a faster option. We only have the white ones.

15i6dxk.jpg

Also, we have a couple 'lab style' VVPS that are new in box and we won't be using that we'd like to get rid of if anyone is interested. I don't recall what we paid for them but (it was <$50 I'm sure, got a good deal) we'd let them go for $10/ea plus shipping charges just to free up the shelf space. They're these ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1502DD-...ly-15V-2A-H-/181576828214?hash=item2a46d28536

r0wown.jpg

Looks like the VVPS are claimed pending payment, etc. Thanks!

Last edited:

BrotherJoseph

We ordered a handful of battery packs (the ones discussed here every now and then) and will have them available (with or without Panasonic batteries) on the website as a 'courtesy item' soon. I say 'courtesy item' because we aren't making money on them and we aren't able to warranty them. They'll just be available so UD users who want to get one and don't have the time (or patience) to wait for delivery from China have a faster option. We only have the white ones.

15i6dxk.jpg

Also, we have a couple 'lab style' VVPS that are new in box and we won't be using that we'd like to get rid of if anyone is interested. I don't recall what we paid for them but (it was <$50 I'm sure, got a good deal) we'd let them go for $10/ea plus shipping charges just to free up the shelf space. They're these ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-1502DD-...ly-15V-2A-H-/181576828214?hash=item2a46d28536

r0wown.jpg

Are the separate screens on the lab one for two separate outputs or different readings? I'll have to ask @underdogette if she's shipped my package yet cause I'd love one of those.

underdog

Manufacturer
Are the separate screens on the lab one for two separate outputs or different readings? I'll have to ask @underdogette if she's shipped my package yet cause I'd love one of those.

1 screen displays current (amps) and the other displays voltage. Not sure if Underdogette has sent your package, best to shoot her a message directly. :cool:

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
You will need a VVPS to do it (13.5v - 14v), or power bank with voltage regulation ...do you have one available to you?

Yup, I have the power bank from china which runs on 18650s thats developed a reputation on this thread. I just turned the power bank on. Starting with 12V, then going to go up.

Edit - Dog running at 12V is pretty sweet! The pups running just a little cooler, almost exactly what i wanted. You can still feel the bite, but it's not as harsh. Might have found the sweet spot. Going to try @Snappo 's method in a few

Edit2- @Snappo just realized why you asked that question. Didn't realize my power bank only outputs up to 13V.

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
Yup, I have the power bank from china which runs on 18650s thats developed a reputation on this thread. I just turned the power bank on. Starting with 12V, then going to go up.

Anyone familiar with this power bank know how i can go down in voltage?

Edit - Dog running at 12V is pretty sweet! The pups running just a little cooler, almost exactly what i wanted. You can still feel the bite, but it's not as harsh. Might have found the sweet spot. Going to try @Snappo 's method in a few

Do you mean how to use that battery pack to go down in voltage instead of up or have you got it all dialed in now?

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
This adds another dimension to dogs...i'm blown away.

My dog is humming at 11.5v right now and its blissful

Am i overdoing it on the live updates of using a VVPS? Feel free to let me know if i am.

Hey @underdog i'm looking at the links you posted for DIY VVPS options. Do all step down modules have the requirement that the input voltage must exceed the output voltage by a certain amount? The first two links both have that requirement, the first the input must exceed output by 3V, the second 1.5V, unclear on the third.

Last edited:

underdog

Manufacturer
This adds another dimension to dogs...i'm blown away.

My dog is humming at 11.5v right now and its blissful

Am i overdoing it on the live updates of using a VVPS? Feel free to let me know if i am.

Hey @underdog i'm looking at the links you posted for DIY VVPS options. Do all step down modules have the requirement that the input voltage must exceed the output voltage by a certain amount? The first two links both have that requirement, the first the input must exceed output by 3V, the second 1.5V, unclear on the third.

I like the updates.. helps distract me from the fact I'm still working lol. :tup:

Yes many of the DIY VVPS modules do require a input voltage higher than your desired output but not all. Generally speaking ones that are listed as BUCK modules have that requirement whereas ones listed as BUCK/BOOST don't. Always best to read the fine print though. If you have specific technical questions you can message me and I'll help out however I can. :peace:

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...

15i6dxk.jpg

@underdog and @underdogette have always been known to have ultra AWESOME customer service. For those of you who don't have a battery pack for your pup yet, I cannot express how bad ass this is that they now offer this as an off the shelf accessory. Do yourselves a favor and add one to your next order!

Well done UD... Well done... :clap:

underdog

Manufacturer
@underdog and @underdogette have always been known to have ultra AWESOME customer service. For those of you who don't have a battery pack for your pup yet, I cannot express how bad ass this is that they now offer this as an off the shelf accessory. Do yourselves a favor and add one to your next order!

Well done UD... Well done... :clap:

Hah.. thanks man, we do what we can. We actually talked to the manufacturer of the battery packs to see if we could get them wholesale or something but no dice unless we buy like 1000 which is definitely not what I was after lol. Oh well, it's not too demanding to just keep a few on hand for people in a pinch even if we can't make a few bucks on them. :cool:

Well, once I get a break from school, I'll hold down the kennel!

Alright, school first and then Dog sitting.. gotcha! :tup:

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
Hah.. thanks man, we do what we can. We actually talked to the manufacturer of the battery packs to see if we could get them wholesale or something but no dice unless we buy like 1000 which is definitely not what I was after lol. Oh well, it's not too demanding to just keep a few on hand for people in a pinch even if we can't make a few bucks on them. :cool:

Ha... I think it would be OK to at least make a buck on them. The time saved alone from overseas is worth it to many people. Plus if one of mine ever goes to shit, I will be glad you may have one on hand :nod:

underdog

Manufacturer
Ha... I think it would be OK to at least make a buck on them. The time saved alone from overseas is worth it to many people. Plus if one of mine ever goes to shit, I will be glad you may have one on hand :nod:

I'm happy to sit on a little 'inventory' of these things to make it easier on you guys. I don't really want to mark them up at all given that I can't warranty them. Seems like a convenient way to go for all of us.

I for sure would pay a few extra bucks to make up for that sort of convenience.

@underdog you and @Snappo may run me into the poorhouse. I have been trying to resist VAS with both the grasshopper and the zion heading my direction in the next month or so. But your deals are killing me!

Sorry about that poorhouse thing lol. Maybe it's time to start up a Dog commune or something and then you won't have to worry about it. :brow:

woolspinner

I'm happy to sit on a little 'inventory' of these things to make it easier on you guys. I don't really want to mark them up at all given that I can't warranty them. Seems like a convenient way to go for all of us.

Sorry about that poorhouse thing lol. Maybe it's time to start up a Dog commune or something and then you won't have to worry about it. :brow:

If your customers are advising you to add a convenience fee, you really should listen. Isn't the customer always right? :cool:

What about a simple dollar extra per unit, if you cannot bear to charge more?

Top Bottom