Underdog Log Vapes

Hiro

So I cleaned my silicone stems a few days ago.. Probably should not have used wintergreen iso as now they stink of wintergreen. I can't stand the smell/taste of this, and I've tried washing them like 100 times now and the smell wont come off.. Arggg what do I do??!?

Hiro,

EveryDayAmnesiac

Yeah, the Ailanthus is looking up at me with big ol' puppy-dog eyes... begging me to bring it home. :(

It reminds me of the Chinese Sumac I foolishly let slip through my fingers. Will my regret never stop? :shrug:

Great-looking refresh, UD and UDE. Hope it attracts some new followers to the charming little doghouse of the FC community. :luv:

Hiro, this may be a stupid question, but... did you already try another iso wash that does not involve wintergreen?

chisholm

Aromatherapatient
Hiro,
You may want to try Oxi-Clean or a generic version. It's used in homebrewing a lot as a good all purpose cleaner. I find a good soak does wonders.

chisholm,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Nice refresh, Underdog. That figured rippled Tineo twig is gorgeous. :o I suspect it will only be a day or two before that beauty is snatched up!

Must...resist urge...to buy...Tineo twig. Don't...need...another vape. :luv:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
So I cleaned my silicone stems a few days ago.. Probably should not have used wintergreen iso as now they stink of wintergreen. I can't stand the smell/taste of this, and I've tried washing them like 100 times now and the smell wont come off.. Arggg what do I do??!?
boil them??:shrug:

Buildozer,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Have you or anyone tried this? Wouldn't the plastic melt? If not I'd much rather do this then use nasty chemicals or even alcohol.
sorry i have never tried.. but i figure since it can handle temps near 500f it can handle the boiling water temp at 200f.. i'm sure silicone is tough enough to be boiled.. only one way to find out though ha. sorry i can't say for sure but never done it.. but from what i understand about silicone it should be more than tough enough for that.

Buildozer,

Crohnie

Crohn's Warrior
Have you or anyone tried this? Wouldn't the plastic melt? If not I'd much rather do this then use nasty chemicals or even alcohol.
The stems are made of silicone and they already withstand temperatures higher than the boiling point of water when in use with the UD. Boiling water remains at 212F and doesn't really get "hotter" without using a pressure cooker. It seems logical that you should be able to boil the silicone stems without them melting. I have a stirrer made of silicone to handle stirring while cooking with hot oils without melting.

Crohnie,

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer

Crohnie nailed it, since the stems are high-temp silicone instead of plastic they can deal with temps way higher than boiling water so there should be no harm at all in boiling them. That being said I don't know that boiling will do the trick but you can certainly try it. Alternatively you can stick them in the dishwasher (silverware holder) and run them through a cycle and see if that helps, the heat/detergent/agitation seems good at getting them squeaky clean usually. Alternatively alternatively you could stick them in the oven and bake them at 300°F for a couple hours and try to bake the smell off. :peace:

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I just finished boiling a couple stems, one thin and the other thick. They thick one had some abv in it was hoping it would just come off, it didn't but I was able to easier wipe it off. Neither smell any cleaner :(
But I only boiled them for about 10 minutes and they were pretty clean from 91% ISO from the beginning. Suppose the silicone smell won't go away anyway.

paytonpenn,

SD_haze

I just finished boiling a couple stems, one thin and the other thick. They thick one had some abv in it was hoping it would just come off, it didn't but I was able to easier wipe it off. Neither smell any cleaner :(
But I only boiled them for about 10 minutes and they were pretty clean from 91% ISO from the beginning. Suppose the silicone smell won't go away anyway.
Time to buy some new silicone :evil:
Luckily it's just a few dollars.

CweetSheeba

Astro Travellin'
Just received my purpleheart twig that was sent in for repair. Amazing work as always Dave! Thanks for the extra goods as well. Much appreciated!!!! For those that are contemplating on whether to purchase an UD, don't hesitate to do so!!

To my fellow UD owners, what is ideal voltage setting (range) for VVPS?

underdog

Manufacturer
Just received my purpleheart twig that was sent in for repair. Amazing work as always Dave! Thanks for the extra goods as well. Much appreciated!!!! For those that are contemplating on whether to purchase an UD, don't hesitate to do so!!

No problem, happy to be of service.

Did you get the simple instruction sheet with the VVPS? It has some basic voltage recommendations on it but I'm sure other people will chime in and tell you what they like to use and how. :peace:

underdog,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Holy crap! these new Dogs are looking awesome! when i was looking at the 'ghetto lineup' that Dave posted, i was like 'WOW these are getting better and better as i scroll down.' i have a feeling that a lot of the ones on the website got snatched up before i was able to get home from work today to take a look at them. these things always fly within the first 48hours. gotta say though, absolutely loving the White Ash Genie Lamp shape and the Puerto Rican Blue Mahoe is beautiful! :drool: great work again this time Dave and Amanda. :clap:

King

Accessory Maker
Didn't manage to stay awake long enough for the initial unveiling (2am EST!), but I managed to snag this beauty in the morning:
c171d89cfcac6a361a636a6f9c1bd0fe_f820.jpg

I'm excited to welcome my first pup into the family.

CweetSheeba

Astro Travellin'
No problem, happy to be of service.

Did you get the simple instruction sheet with the VVPS? It has some basic voltage recommendations on it but I'm sure other people will chime in and tell you what they like to use and how. :peace:

No sir, I did not. I'm sure it's all good though. I figured the pup owners of FC would be able to assist me. Also running a search on FC, gave me some insight.

CweetSheeba,

EveryDayAmnesiac

No sir, I did not. I'm sure it's all good though. I figured the pup owners of FC would be able to assist me. Also running a search on FC, gave me some insight.

If you're still looking, I remember that SlightlyMedicated had a few posts describing how he used his VVPS with his Underdog that I looked up when I was considering the VVPS. I didn't end up getting one or I would have chimed in... :shrug:

EveryDayAmnesiac,

underdog

Manufacturer

Ooops.. sorry. If you want to shoot me an email I can send you the .pdf instructions easy enough.

Will be back in a bit with some other updates, first have to pack up the orders shipping out tomorrow. :cool:

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor

Generally, i like to start at 12V and slowly work my way up in 2V 0.2V increments. it's a lot of experimenting with voltage setting, stem load amount, distance of material from heat port, draw speed, etc. have fun playing with your Dog though :D

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Top Bottom