Underdog Log Vapes

EveryDayAmnesiac

My pup is out for delivery a day early! Talk about a Good Friday!

Congrats, Pikey... it's nice to have another poster in these parts. I never thought I'd be a poster at all until the UD turned me into a chatty Cathy. Now I even talk to myself about how much I love my UD! It's ridiculous.

Now, you better go check that tracking info. again! :lol:

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Isn't it great to be able to ask a manufacturer a question and receive an answer within hours? I love that.

wayfarer

As a new dog owner I'm generally happy but a bit frustrated with the silicone tubes and screens. Does anyone know if the epic nano glass stem or the toasty top roasting tube works with underdog vapes? I like the thicker silicone tube with the set in screen but can't get a new screen to fit back in there without bending the hell out of it and give up when it comes out the first time I try to clean it. Any tricks to this? I mostly use the dog with a water pipe and just recently started losing the glass stem down the joint. Grr. The little screens work well backed up with the glass tubes but it is kind of a narrow air path and they fall out when you clear out your spent material which is basically every rip or two. I'm sure there have to be some good solutions to these issues. With a vvps my lungs could probably tolerate direct draw which would be a nice option, cool to see an affordable one being offered now. I salvaged a mouthpiece from a broken Vaporbrother's bubbler and attached some silicone and used it quite a bit but it was way too heavy on my lungs. I did note to myself that the bubbler was surprisingly hard on my lungs when it was operational so it may be something about how the mouthpiece directs the vapor more into the middle and upper lungs rather than encouraging a deep lower lung draw. I'll try to post a picture. Any advice sincerely appreciated.
picture.php

wayfarer,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
As a new dog owner I'm generally happy but a bit frustrated with the silicone tubes and screens. Does anyone know if the epic nano glass stem or the toasty top roasting tube works with underdog vapes?

I too share that same frustration and have given up on the silicone. I prefer the glass tubes myself. Alan's tubes work well with UD's not sure about the Epic's stems though.

Your Highness,
Reactions: toros23

jackmormon

wayfarer,

Go to the hardware store and buy a 3/8" dowel rod. Should be about $1.50 at the most. This fits perfectly inside the silicone stem and make it SUPER easy to push a screen into place. No fiddling or bending.

Also, the E-Nano & HI stems are compatible with a dog although you will probably need a VVPS to get a higher temp to use with an HI glass stem.

jackmormon,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

EveryDayAmnesiac

Hmm. All I ever use is the WonG anymore and the screens fit in well enough to stay in place, but come out with a good tappin'. They still in place if I only tap a little to get material out.

When I used the glass stems I could get the screen out with the little stir tool by just getting it around the edge of the screen to get it facing the other way, then just used tweezers to pull it out. :shrug:

Or am I not understanding the problem? I'm really fucking vaped right now. Needed a (much) higher dosage than usual this morning.

EveryDayAmnesiac,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
Dave's custom wood stems are very nice and are lined with a glass stem. Putting a silicone tip and screen on them are super easy as well as cleaning them.

I need to get around to posting mine. He managed to match my blonde Lignum Vitae wood perfectly. Whats cool is my dog has a rare green stripe going down it as you can see in my Avatar picture and the stem appears mostly green with a tan stripe.

Also I love how my Red Collibah Dog almost looks like it has a paw print in the wood if you look closely... Love my dogs!

Your Highness,

that herb guy

I have no idea how this thread got 'unwatched', 3 pages to catch up on and an announcement of available VVPSs? Fucking awesome.

I'll be picking one up once an official price would be for those of us who got the pups before they were an option :).
Shoot Dave an email.... I'm sure he can create something for you. As we all know and love about this product...every one is a hand made original....same for the wood stems.

+1 to everything there. So far I've gotten one, and will get at least one more when I pick up that power supply. If I'm hitting the pup direct draw, I don't even touch the glass stems anymore.

King

Accessory Maker
Just got my pup, I'm amazed by how small it is. More importantly, I'm enthralled by the quality of the service as well as the handwritten thank you note.

Dave & Amanda,
You guys have made a customer for life, and I haven't even put my pup through its first "agility course!"

fs4KhId.jpg

More thoughts, musings, experiences, and subsequent orders to come :)

EveryDayAmnesiac

Just got my pup, I'm amazed by how small it is. More importantly, I'm enthralled by the quality of the service as well as the handwritten thank you note.

Dave & Amanda,
You guys have made a customer for life, and I haven't even put my pup through its first "agility course!"

fs4KhId.jpg

More thoughts, musings, experiences, and subsequent orders to come :)

UD and UDE, what are your plans for retroactively refitting all Underdogs sold WITHOUT haikus?

:D

djonkoman

Sounds like a good birthday present but no carving (not a skill I have) just turning on the lathe. Also haven't come across any willow in recent times, it's probably too soft anyways unfortunately. :(
well, if you would be looking for it I have a willowbranch standing in the room here, is standing there for a few years, don't exactly remember since when, but that indicates it's a while. I think the bottom part would be just thick enough, not by much though.

but it is indeed pretty soft so probably useless for making a dog from, I'll just keep it where itr is in case I ever need to grab a weapon against an intruder or so(although I would probably destroy a lot since the branch reacges my shoulder if I put one end on the floor, so it has a pretty wide swingradius I think)

that herb guy

well, if you would be looking for it I have a willowbranch standing in the room here, is standing there for a few years, don't exactly remember since when, but that indicates it's a while. I think the bottom part would be just thick enough, not by much though.

but it is indeed pretty soft so probably useless for making a dog from, I'll just keep it where itr is in case I ever need to grab a weapon against an intruder or so(although I would probably destroy a lot since the branch reacges my shoulder if I put one end on the floor, so it has a pretty wide swingradius I think)

Where I'm from they call those 'switches', and suffice it to say they are not usually used in a kind manner:lol:.
's what naughty local kids would get instead of coal for Christmas.

For anyone not in the know, it's basically a nature made whip for spanking your children lol.

HalfBee

Half Buzzed
Tell you what, any UD who sends in a self addressed/stamped envelope or sends in a buck via paypal to pay for the postage/card/envelope will receive back one original UD haiku. :p

Haiku I don't do
My own style I hold true
Hail to LIMERICKS

(Now that's out of the way... something more original)

Very fine craftsmanship goes into a dog
And wood lovers enjoy using their log
Packed with a favorite blend
Once connected, it will send
Relief to those needing perpetual fog

Meghan

I'm at a point when I can better put my love this for beautiful creation into words.

This post is for the benefit of those people coming into this thread in the future, who are wondering whether to spend their hard-earned money on a shiny new Underdog. My answer is yes! Yes! A thousand times, yes!!

Seriously, in the matter of 24 hours, my Pup has become one of my most prized possessions. Perhaps the best medication-related purchase I've ever made. I'm pretty sure my best friend is also going to buy one, just based on one session last night and all my effusive text messages to her today.

The UD really does hit so hard it's insane! I medicate very regularly and have a pretty high tolerance. I swear I can feel individual hits so much more strongly than through smoking or my Pax. The fact that I can get big hits from any amount of material is mind-blowing and so very wonderful. I love how the UD feels in my hand. It's so pretty. I love the VVPS. I could go on and on, believe me (just ask my partner, she'll tell you).

Anyway, I just had to do more justice to this piece of art than my two-sentence post from last night (in my defense, the UD rendered me incapable of crafting anything more eloquent).

All I can say is that before yesterday, I owned the Pax and couldn't wait to also have a UD, a Solo, and a SSV. Now I'm pretty much feeling set for the foreseeable future. I can't imagine why I'd even want to use another plug-in right now. Hooray!!!

underdogette

one in a billion
Company Rep
Haiku I don't do
My own style I hold true
Hail to LIMERICKS

(Now that's out of the way... something more original)

Very fine craftsmanship goes into a dog
And wood lovers enjoy using their log
Packed with a favorite blend
Once connected, it will send
Relief to those needing perpetual fog
Awesome! ♥

underdogette,
Reactions: Peloton

wayfarer

The 3/8 dowel rod really helped get a new screen into the silicone tube, so my pup is back in action. I affixed a small rubber band on the glass tube below the silicone which keeps the glass from sliding into the downstem. Works pretty well so far. Main issues resolved. I did go ahead and order the epic nano tube and will report back.

Top Bottom