duff

Well worn
Stems, batteries, jar, tool...
Stuff that I'm not used to transporting or sorting at home.
EN1qW4V.jpg

My set ups up to now have all been pretty self-contained ones.
I'm used to working with the vape, my material and perhaps a lighter.

My GH... I whip out my unit (poor choice of words), pull out my tube (that sounds worse!), pack and I'm off.
My VC...pull out my Dynastash, pull out VC, pack and I'm off.
My SBJ...you get the drift :).

Adding the multiple fragile stems, and adapters, the screens, a jyarz and multiple batteries to the mix is cumbersome for me. Had I started with a Solo or log, I'd feel differently I'm sure. And this isn't specific to the Tubo. I am going through the exact same thing with the Mi.

It's already getting easier though.
I seem to have settled on the larger Mi stem, two batteries and a basket screen for most of my adventures (until I get some DDave stuff!).

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Just stumbled upon this thread, read the whole thing....why should I not buy this vape? :brow:

I'm quite familiar with temp control mods, and I have a bunch of evics and other mods, and I know how good resistance-measuring temperature control can be. :tup:

Wood, glass, stainless steel coils, great materials to use.

This thing seems powerful, is there really any other "portable" vape in this class than can compete?

I love my crafty, but this thing seems at a whole different level. :o I wish I could replace batteries in my crafty. :|

I've been looking at a davinci IQ for a while, which still seems like a nice vape, but the tubo evic just seems much more powerful and versatile, if at the cost of being a little bigger and more of a battery hog (I think I'm ok with that?)

I've been enjoying a few sessions with my Divine Tribe V2 dry herb cart, but this tubo evic seems leaps and bounds beyond that....

Can anyone give me a solid reason not to hop on here? :) The minor temp control software bugs, battery issues, etc seem quite acceptable to me.

I already have a good collection of dab rigs, hydratubes, glass elbows and adapters, and such, so it could be fun trying this tubo with so many water configurations, but still quite usable with a short stem at the lower temps for the sensitive throat guys? (me)

@funkyjunky, PM coming. ;)

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Thanks for the reply. I saw the zion being mentioned here, not ready to dive into that 265 page thread, especially if it's "not available" Is it really worth the investigation? :D Hahaha, so much FC, so many vapes, so little time. :(

Milaana, I'm familiar, but not interested in unregulated vapes. I'm all about temp control. :cool:

Mistvape touch, also not regulated? Accurate TC is a requirement for me, I don't want there to be a possibility of combusting flowers because I sloppily hold the button down too long, or have an analog selector knob turned up too high.

To compare this to a vaporizer I have and that I'm familiar with, can @little maggie, or anyone else who has this vape and also has an Arizer EQ + DDave mod compare the performance of the tubo evic vs that?

Yea, I know, not fair to compare a desktop to a "portable" but it's the closest thing that I've used that I could reference to, possibly.

Competes with the vapexhale evo? How bout the arizer airs and solos? Those are convection with swappable batteries too? (this tubo probably kills those with vapor output, right?)

Does anyone know how many of these units have been produced? @funkyjunky ? I'm not seeing much reason to cool down my VAS right now :science:

Also, thanks to @stickstones, @muunch, @Prolusio, @duff, @Shit Snacks, @justvapin, (others I'm not mentioning, all you guys too!) everyone here who has the tubo evic and has posted detailed reviews and follow-ups! :tup: :bowdown:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just stumbled upon this thread, read the whole thing....why should I not buy this vape? :brow:

I'm quite familiar with temp control mods, and I have a bunch of evics and other mods, and I know how good resistance-measuring temperature control can be. :tup:

This thing seems powerful, is there really any other "portable" vape in this class than can compete?

I love my crafty, but this thing seems at a whole different level. :o I wish I could replace batteries in my crafty. :|

I've been looking at a davinci IQ for a while, which still seems like a nice vape, but the tubo evic just seems much more powerful and versatile, if at the cost of being a little bigger and more of a battery hog (I think I'm ok with that?)

I've been enjoying a few sessions with my Divine Tribe V2 dry herb cart, but this tubo evic seems leaps and bounds beyond that....

Can anyone give me a solid reason not to hop on here? :) The minor temp control software bugs, battery issues, etc seem quite acceptable to me.

I already have a good collection of dab rigs, hydratubes, glass elbows and adapters, and such, so it could be fun trying this tubo with so many water configurations, but still quite usable with a short stem at the lower temps for the sensitive throat guys? (me)

Thanks for the reply. I saw the zion being mentioned here, not ready to dive into that 265 page thread, especially if it's "not available" Is it really worth the investigation? :D Hahaha, so much FC, so many vapes, so little time. :(

Milaana, I'm familiar, but not interested in unregulated vapes. I'm all about temp control. :cool:

Mistvape touch, also not regulated? Accurate TC is a requirement for me, I don't want there to be a possibility of combusting flowers because I sloppily hold the button down too long, or have an analog selector knob turned up too high.

To compare this to a vaporizer I have and that I'm familiar with, can @little maggie, or anyone else who has this vape and also has an Arizer EQ + DDave mod compare the performance of the tubo evic vs that?

Yea, I know, not fair to compare a desktop to a "portable" but it's the closest thing that I've used that I could reference to, possibly.

Competes with the vapexhale evo? How bout the arizer airs and solos? Those are convection with swappable batteries too? (this tubo probably kills those with vapor output, right?)

Does anyone know how many of these units have been produced? @funkyjunky ? I'm not seeing much reason to cool down my VAS right now :science:

Also, thanks to @stickstones, @muunch, @Prolusio, @duff, @Shit Snacks, @justvapin, (others I'm not mentioning) everyone here who has the tubo evic and has posted detailed reviews and follow-ups! :tup: :bowdown:

The answer to all these questions is essentially yes lol I am sensitive throat sipper and I am having success with short stem and low heat now (using RBT stems/screens though, not the tubo short stem yet, need to take a photo of mine with the crack still... You can buy this separate too) even if this vape is more of a ripper. It absolutely is like a mobile desktop, it's got the digital temp control for you, and even though I am still feeling like Zions my number on I say this. Obviously it trounces Air/Solo and for my needs even Cloud Evo (certainly EQ too, instant heat!), should stomp hybrid crafty too... based on what you've said, should have already messaged him by now ;)

sickmanfraud

For the price of a new Crafty you could buy a Tubo Evic and a Vivant Alternate (replaceable 18540 battery).

I have been told by someone in the know (who has a Zion and and a Tubo, that a Tubo Evic hits like a Zion but has more options to mod it and costs less than half the cost of a Zion.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Price isn't THAT different. I paid 250~ for my tubo and some accessories and shipping. My Zion was like $100 more.

But the difference in how they are made should also be considered...

Tubo is probably more versatile though. The benefit of a modded ecig for dry herbs done right finally :haw:

Last edited:

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Price isn't THAT different. I paid 250~ for my tubo and some accessories and shipping. My Zion was like $100 more.

But the difference in how they are made should also be considered...

Tubo is probably more versatile though. The benefit of a modded ecig for dry herbs done right finally :haw:
What exactly is included for $250? I was interested in this but only to pacify my VAS. About the only things on my radar right now are this and the MVT but I already have a couple Milaana's, a Zion, a number of on demand butane vapes and a Hopper so it feels like overkill to me. I also have the RBT 510 gear coming which is also mod based just like this one but I can just pop that on top of what I already have. Convince me this is worth the investment because $250 feels like a lot considering it's built on a mod platform that runs ~$50.

Prolusio

Convince me this is worth the investment because $250 feels like a lot considering it's built on a mod platform that runs ~$50.

I'm not going to try and convince you of anything, seems like you got some solid judgement in vape purchases! But just for your info: According to my Paypal receipt my Tubo was $167 USD, in the colour of my choosing, with a bent stem screens and a pick.

The extras (more stems, screens, whip, tracked shipping) brought my total up to $230 USD. For a regulated, on demand/session hybrid, that I customized; that produces some of the cleanest most satisfying vapour I've ever experienced in a vaporizer (desktop or portable!). I've been very happy with my purchase!

Although keep in mind those prices could change at @funkyjunky discretion; I'm just telling you what I paid so you can decide for yourself if it's a good investment!

I might be rambling off topic, been up all night after discovering my credit info was stolen..(Bank was helpful, it's gonna be fine)

But I'm a cheap bastard who can't shake his VAS..so price is always a factor worth discussing for me!

But it's more about determining value to me. What am I getting for that price?

To me the WS is a prime example of a relatively expensive vape that's a great value. Considering the function, acessories, materials and craftsmanship that went into it. Exotic woods hand shaped, hand stamped leather, Ti, lifetime warranty; it makes sense to me this vape has a more premium price tag.

To me the Zion was just too expensive to be considered a good value (for me). I understand it's handmade and the effort has to be compensated.. but still my VAS just didn't feel it. But I have a Milaana already so maybe that contributed? I was looking at over $400USD when you factor in tax and shipping, and then maybe import fees too.. Not saying the Zion isn't worth that! I've never tried one so I honestly don't know. Just for me, it didn't feel like a good purchase. Still would love to get a chance to use one though!

(Not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous of the people who are getting both the Zion and Tubo and will get to compare for themselves:science:;))

My Tubo was $230 all in with all the accessories + SH. I got to choose its colour and pick a matching whip. Since I've had it it's improved in function due to updates, and it looks like it will continue to do so. It has features I was looking for and are not often found in vapes. And most importantly, it hits like a train! I feel like I've got my moneys worth.

There was never a moment I chose the Tubo over the Zion. Wanted both! I just ended up perceiving the Tubo as a really good value and desired what it could bring to my vaping arsenal. And did not end up feeling quite the same about the Zion. :shrug:Also I considered that supply is limited and I didn't really wanna snag a Zion away from someone who really wanted it and would fully appreciate it.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
The Zion is a good comparison...
since that's not readily available, the Milaana is unregulated but the next best thing, next to Mistvape Touch. All super hard hitters.

If I make no mistakes none of rbt vapes has a temperature control (from last rbt post it seems that not even the one that uses 510connection can use this feature), best his tech can offer is a watt control and this is always unregulated temp wise (temp will never settle under normal use, you push button and temperature will rise non stop, rather than stopping and keeping desired temp) so they are in a different playground than tubo IMO

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
If I make no mistakes none of rbt vapes has a temperature control (from last rbt post it seems that not even the one that uses 510connection can use this feature), best his tech can offer is a watt control and this is always unregulated temp wise (temp will never settle under normal use, you push button and temperature will rise non stop, rather than stopping and keeping desired temp) so they are in a different playground than tubo IMO
Yes but voltage control essentially manages temp control. You may not know the temp but the Zion will regulate the voltage where the Milaana will not.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
A majority of what I spent is accessories. If I just got a tubo and nothing else it'd have been less than 200 with shipping. I shouldn't have even fed into the debate though.

They're both worth it imo

Think what you please
I appreciate your input. It's pretty apparant that I have a vape/# of vapes that can fill the bill here but I'm a collector so I'm still interested. Maybe I can reduce my overall expense by utilizing some of the accessories I already have.

justvapin

Enthusiastic Cannabis Consumer
I feel like I got a bargain with this vape quite honestly, especially considering what I paid for many of the others I have and rarely even use. And I feel it is crafted very nicely. Love it.

I don't get battery errors very often and they are not diffiicult to deal with.

Was using mine with a j-hook the other night.....loved this set up. Vapor was nicely cooled and tasty, and I could still see the Tubo display while I was hitting it. Fabulous.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
What exactly is included for $250? I was interested in this but only to pacify my VAS. About the only things on my radar right now are this and the MVT but I already have a couple Milaana's, a Zion, a number of on demand butane vapes and a Hopper so it feels like overkill to me. I also have the RBT 510 gear coming which is also mod based just like this one but I can just pop that on top of what I already have. Convince me this is worth the investment because $250 feels like a lot considering it's built on a mod platform that runs ~$50.

You know me, and what I have and what I like. This is what I reach for. It's what I take for traveling. It's what I sit on the couch with. It's what I share with friends. I took it to Champs. It's what I'll bring if I'm ever lucky enough to get to your place again. It's on the level with the Zion, but has more controls to it.

I've already ordered another one...the two battery model he's working on. I told him I want everything he makes...units, accessories, whatever. All I ever use is the whip and it's like having a Da Buddha in my fanny pack. I can't say it will overtake you like it did me, but the pieces are in place for it to happen.

Zow237

:D Honestly i am not a whip guy, but the whip is so beautifully made that my gf wears is as a bracelet/neckless at times.I also imagine that it will be really handy when you share you tubo in a group .

I don't share haha. I moved out to Colorado and know no one. So it'll be a while before anyone is coming over to share haha. Maybe it's not something I'd need. It's just another piece for me to clean :( haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom