vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Yeah I was trying to specifically to test, and it did work well that low even, but needed to use RBT stems/screens so load is close to the heater. These low temps don't work at all really with the ELBs though I've tried 350 there too. I also tend to do long slow draws vs short fast puffs, so that's how low temps can work better, and I can get closer to sipping, but still a hard fast draw gets things going better even this low (once it's a bit heat soaked that is, so I did preheat a bit like this, and press button twice to avoid 25sec shutoff)

I also hold it with heater in the palm, there are many many ways to hold it comfortably and I don't yet have a real preference as I keep switching it up all the time.

Hey bud,
I can really recommend trying the cruise firmware. I set my timer to 120 secs. - before, I cranked the resistance up to .195 (.184 stock), RBT basket style about two or three mm in my 18-18 gong attached to a jhook (dry). Started the session and it was pretty easy to sip and blow nice clouds on 200C. The permanent heat really helps the heat soak...2nd or 3rd draw should have heated enough mass to please you, I'd assume. For me it was a great hands free experience and I'm also more of a sipper. Fantastic option and makes this one a very unique vape and even stronger... Lots of great options and upgradable. Wonderful!:)

little maggie

I am happy with the way it is but when step by step instructions are available I'd like to try the firmware. Maybe. If you update can you still use it the way it is without the update?

I am supposed to be using only one of my new vapes to get the hang of it but I can't seem to use anything but the tubo.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Yeah, I find using it as it was before the update is even better now since you can step up in 5 degree increments!

I have cruise mode set for 3 clicks, and just the 1 click and hold works as normal for on-demands, but I am liking session mode more than anticipated. I can cache my load after a session at 420f with confidence, rather than vaping a dead bowl for a few useless hits because I'm unsure like all my others...

I also have been able to sip pretty good on session mode but I think vapor will leak out of the stem a little after your hit (or at least it does a tiny bit w the long bent stem) so not SUPERDUPER efficient but pretty good if that's what you're looking for.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah, I find using it as it was before the update is even better now since you can step up in 5 degree increments!

I have cruise mode set for 3 clicks, and just the 1 click and hold works as normal for on-demands, but I am liking session mode more than anticipated. I can cache my load after a session at 420f with confidence, rather than vaping a dead bowl for a few useless hits because I'm unsure like all my others...

I also have been able to sip pretty good on session mode but I think vapor will leak out of the stem a little after your hit (or at least it does a tiny bit w the long bent stem) so not SUPERDUPER efficient but pretty good if that's what you're looking for.

Yeah without on demand button mode, you can't clear it the same way I imagine so that makes sense. I gotta get it for myself

RelaxedNow

+1 for Cruise Control.

I loaded the firmware yesterday. After I gave @funkyjunky something to chuckle about (I did the ol' trick where ya use the file that says "don't use me"), and got my settings straightened out, I started playing with it.

I'm finding that if I Cruise at the 410-420F I was using before, it seems kinda hot (I don't use water). I'm not yet sure what temperature range I'll settle into, but it's producing a lot of vapor at 370-390F.

If it's in Cruise mode, and you put it down, when you pick it up again there's no need to "work" the first draw to prime the pump. It has a memory chip that recalls the exact amount of vapor on your last draw, and duplicates it. Truly, Cruise mode keeps it heat-soaked, perfectly.

I am still getting the low wattage errors, I think more often than most, but the funny thing is that this device has me so hooked, I'd rather deal with that than stop using it (I think I've heard myself say that before). Of course, knowing that funkyjunky is on the job in his workshop, and standing behind his product, helps keep me on board also.

EDIT: Maybe I should mention that Cruise mode eliminates the sore thumb from the small button hole. A small, but pleasant, extra benefit IMO.

Shit Snacks

1dDpLwm.jpg

This is what it looks like for my mobile set up by the way, custom RBT stem (in between Milaana shorty and Zion middy size). The whole thing becomes quite compact as you can see, an interesting yet ergonomic shape, haven't walked with it though-- just in the car for now

Getting good results low temp like this, same fine grind white widow and a deep (beta) basket filled halfways close to the edge. It can still be a little dry/harsh just because it's a big powerful heater and hot air, same reason glass joint gets so hot (not to mention ELB rims), but using it like I would other glass stem convection vapes has been very very nice with the low temp control... Still more of a ripper, but unique

I also tried doing my own session mode by just holding the button down and repressing every 20sec using the whip and ELB last night, not quite the same but gave me a good idea. All the benefits are great, and I look forward to setting it low and riding like I did with the old MistVape OG which worked similarly... Only thing for me is not being able to clear unless you remove the stem, so I was not able to pace myself and kept having to clear the whip, my own ocd lol

Last edited:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I agree about clearing it on session mode but I kinda don't care. I think I'm saving more weed than the little tiny fraction of a % that drips out the stem. 2 sessions of cruise mode temp stepping the same load and I'm pretty done. Really nice to have the vape draw limits for me!

Good to know the RBT short stem is workable. I was afraid it'd be too harsh. Still loving my bent stem too much

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
No screensaver/clock for me but it does somehow remember 3=cruise. I set edit to 4 clicks. I guess I somehow set the increments to 5degrees instead of 10 because @funkyjunky told me this is simply a stock option rather than something that came with the new firmware.

I haven't messed a ton with the interface and all besides setting stuff up for cruise. Before that I had never even opened the menu honestly.

Prolusio

.... I have no idea why, but my Tubo is remembering 3 Clicks = Cruise now. I'm sure it reset to edit before, I was making notes and repeated the glitch and everything!! So weird.. Oh well, working like I wanted now. Sorry for the apparent misinformation; if anyone else gets that glitch let me know so I don't feel so crazy :p:rofl:

I like having the clock, set to 2 clicks.. It's handy for keeping oriented amidst the time warping effects of the Tubo :nod:

Shit Snacks

I agree about clearing it on session mode but I kinda don't care. I think I'm saving more weed than the little tiny fraction of a % that drips out the stem. 2 sessions of cruise mode temp stepping the same load and I'm pretty done. Really nice to have the vape draw limits for me!

Good to know the RBT short stem is workable. I was afraid it'd be too harsh. Still loving my bent stem too much

Yeah with temp set low it is manageable for sure, the real key is draw technique though as with other vapes, here the ripping can make it worse but the temp control offsets that I guess!

Ooh i might want to disable the clock, it's not set correctly either, I never looked into doing that either... So hard to choose customizations!

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I am in tubo bliss.

I guess if there were one complaint about cruise mode, is that I can't stop it with the fire button and have to hit the temp buttons which requires more dexterity, and I'm usually turning it off as a means of waving my white flag... But that's pretty minor. Maybe I should be using the whip but man, I recommend upgrading to everyone who hasn't already.

I mirror pretty much everything @Prolusio has said about the tubo, but too baked/lazy to write all nice-like. I just wish it fit in my pocket without looking like I stuffed a rubix cube in there! I may need a professional work environment friendly fannypack
@stickstones :haw:

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
yep! @little maggie tubo is a session or on-demand at your choice with the upgrade.

it works just the same essentially. You just pick how many clicks you want, in order to activate session mode and that's all. So 1click+hold = on demand, and x clicks = session mode on.

session mode works just like on demand, really. same heat up time and all (i see other people impressed with 25s heatup in other device thread...) and then it just stays there, with some minor drops/rises as it balances itself. You need to click one of the temp. adjustment buttons to get it to stop heating, if you want it to end before the set cutoff (I recommend leaving it at the default 240s) but you can just hit it as you would normally.

i just set session mode while doing whatever and hit it at my leisure and like I said I usually tap out before the full 240s because it just doesn't stop producing vapor. i've been packing the joints practically full and it gives me nice darkkkkk brown abv thoroughly after i run a few "finishing" hits at like 415-425.

1 240-second session is enough for me to kill a bowl pretty well even at lower temps, but can always get those last few hits ;)

maybe it's all placebo but i like the little bit of control i can pretend to have now. it doesn't hurt that thing this is absolutely effortless to use and take massive hits from.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
How do I get one of these???? Badass looking vape :)
You should message directly @funkyjunky via the forum PM system. :) Tubo is a great choice,this is sofar the best portable vaporizer i ever tried,and it blows away many of the desktop units i have tried ,in terms of taste,efficiency,quick heat up, and temps displayed on the tubo are pretty close to what u r getting in the chamber ,especially when it is heated up nicely :)!

little maggie

Can you even get a zion? I thought that they were limited to a specific amount and RBT is not going to continue making them. I think the tubo is more like the zion than the other similar vapes like the mvt and milaana. The tubo is my current favorite - even over the zion. But I would get a zion right now because they will be extinct soon while the tubo is constantly being improved. When you're ready to buy a second vape the tubo will probably be even better that it is now even though it's close to perfection.

duff

Well worn
Haven't had a bad session yet.

All of the required equipment with the stem vapes is a bummer... broken record.

That being said, if this Tubo holds up, it is the real deal.
I can take my time at 365 and get multiple delicious hits or I can crank it up and get monster hits.

I am new to both the Milaana (not the Zion) and Tubo @Zow237. I got them the same day and have put both of them through some paces.

The Tubo does it all effortlessly, instantaneously and effectively every time.
The Mi (just as an RBT comparison) isn't as easy, but if it's just me and I'm paying attention, I get good hits similar to the Tubo. I haven't been able to coax a monster hit out of the Mi yet.

But the Tubo is soooo reasonably priced that it's a no-brainer.
If I could get my hands on a Zion I'd do it too. In the worst case scenario you could sell it with a minimal (if any) loss.

Have fun!

little maggie

Haven't had a bad session yet.

All of the required equipment with the stem vapes is a bummer... broken record.

That being said, if this Tubo holds up, it is the real deal.
I can take my time at 365 and get multiple delicious hits or I can crank it up and get monster hits.

I am new to both the Milaana (not the Zion) and Tubo @Zow237. I got them the same day and have put both of them through some paces.

The Tubo does it all effortlessly, instantaneously and effectively every time.
The Mi (just as an RBT comparison) isn't as easy, but if it's just me and I'm paying attention, I get good hits similar to the Tubo. I haven't been able to coax a monster hit out of the Mi yet.

But the Tubo is soooo reasonably priced that it's a no-brainer.
If I could get my hands on a Zion I'd do it too. In the worst case scenario you could sell it with a minimal (if any) loss.

Have fun!
What do you mean by the required equipment with the stem vapes? Do you mean using the whip? Because there doesn't seem to be more equipment to the tubo than any other vape I have.
I've been using the bent stem with the whip (I've decided I love whips) but a simple alternative which I've mentioned is using with herbs the Ddave's concentration chamber No screens and simple to clean.

Top Bottom